chapter 8

My Life Style

Minwoo had no idea about just how long he had been chained to the wall. It had to be at least a couple of days, but it felt like way longer. He was wondering if anyone were looking for him, his family would worry wouldn't they? He would have been missing on his birthday, so surely they would've noticed something was wrong? But could they do anything? They wouldn't know where he was, the only one he knew, who had any connections to the gang, was apparently Dongwan.

He still couldn't believe what he was told, that Dongwan was only with him to get information, sure everything they told him seemed to fit his life, but that could just as easily be due to intensive spying on him. He wouldn't believe that Dongwan was using him, he couldn't believe.

"Good morning, I've brought food" It was Hyesung, he came at least three times a day with a meal and some water, he seemed nice, nicer than the others at least. But it didn't matter how well he treated him, he was still with them, he was still against him. No matter how friendly he was, he was still not friendly enough to tell Minwoo what was going on, every time he asked, every time he wanted to confirm that they were lying to him about Dongwan, Hyesung would just shrug, or completely ignore him.

"Thank you. Do you know how long it's been since I was captured?" he knew he wouldn't get an answer if he asked any why questions, or any questions regarding Dongwan, so he might as well try to regain some sense of time, it would make him feel more like a human being again, something he didn't have the luxury to do the last few days.

"I'm not sure, it's been around a week and three days, more or less. Why?" he raised his eyebrows as he asked, and looked up from the tray of food he was placing on the floor.

"No reason, I just wanted to know" because I wanted to know why no one have found me yet, why Dongwan hasn't found me yet, why Dongwan doesn't care. No, that's wrong, Dongwan did care, Dongwan just didn't know where he was, because he is just a factory worker, why would a factory worker be involved with a gang?

Hyesung just shrugged, picked up the bowl of ramen, and started feeding Minwoo, he knew what was waiting for Minwoo later that day, and he would need his strength.

Dongwan knew it would be risky, he knew what the gang might do if they ever found out, but he just had to do it, he had to attend Minwoo's birthday party, he owed the man, he owed him so much, and this would make him so incredibly happy.

He had woke up early to get ready, to shower, to dress his best, or at least try, he was never good with clothes. He had to go out and buy a gift for Minwoo as well, and he had to figure out where the party was at.

He didn't know what to get him, it had to be something he would use, although Dongwan was sure Minwoo would use almost anything he gave him, at least at home. Maybe clothes wasn't a good idea at all, but what was? Jewelry? He could buy them couple rings, that would be special, and he couldn't mess rings up, but then again, he couldn't really wear rings in his profession, he could get stuck or lose a finger, so bad idea. Maybe couple necklaces? No even worse idea, people could grab it and pull him down, this job had a lot of restrictions.

Then it hit him, he knew exactly what Minwoo needed, the perfect gift. Minwoo needed a dog. Dongwan was away from him so much, Minwoo was bound to feel lonely, if he had a dog he would be constantly reminded of him, and he would have so much else to think about. Now he just had to figure out where to get a dog from.

Hyesung had left an hour ago, or that's what it felt like at least, and Minwoo was now starting to feel scared again. He didn't like getting visitors, but he hated being alone, when he was alone his thoughts would wander, they would put images in his head, images from the last few days, lies, lies about Donwan, lies that upset him, lies he couldn't believe.

"So, how are we feeling today?" It was Eric now, that was never good news.

He decided not to answer, to not even look up, he couldn't show him that he was scared, that would just encourage him.

"I see we're not talking today" he said with an amused voice and put his finger on Minwoo's chin. He quickly shook his head to get the finger off of him, and decided to muster all of the anger and spite he could, to send Eric the most deadly glare he was capable of.

"Don't be like that Minnie, I hate when you give me that look" Minwoo hated that name, it wasn't his name, it was never his name, he wouldn't react to that name. Eric had started calling him names, mainly "that" name very early on, it was degrading, as if everything else wasn't degrading enough.

"Don't call me that" he sneered back, eyes still squinting.

"Minnie, lighten up a little will you? You're no fun today, what happened?" he placed his left hand on Minwoo's cheek and started rubbing it with his thumb.

"Let go of me" he wasn't sneering anymore, now he was yelling.

But it was in vain, Eric just grabbed him with the other hand as well and planted his lips on top of Minwoo's.

He was throwing his head violently around, and moving his armes and legs as much as he could in hopes of hitting him hard enough to get him off, but suddently he let go by himself.

"Jesus Minnie, you're really resisting today, don't you want to know more about Dongwan? I have evidence with me today, you wouldn't want to anger me, would you?" Minwoo froze. Why did he bring up Dongwan? And what evidence did he have, was he lying?

He needed to know, he neededd to know if it was all true, if the evidence was really real, if Dongwan really didn't care.

"I'm...I'm sorry, please, please tell me if Dongwan's alright" he tried to give his best puppy look to the man who was now standing in front of him, arms crossed.

"And what are you going to do in return?" he asked, his voice slightly amused.

He had to know, it was important, in fact, it was the most important thing of all.

"I'll...I'll stop resisting" he looked down, he was going to regret this so much, he knew it, but it wouldn't matter much if he resisted or not, Eric would get what he wanted, one way or another.

"That's a good Minnie" he said, getting back to Minwoo's level, on the floor.

He put both of his hands on Minwoo's face and lifted it to see Minwoo crying silently.

"So, where were we Minnie?"

Dongwan couldn't wait to see the look on Minwoo's face when he opened the Box Dongwan was carrying and saw the little white puppy inside of it.

"Shh little friend, you need to stay quiet for just a little while more, we need to surprise my Minbongie, and we can't do that if you're this noisy" he felt like an idiot talking to a box in the middle of the street, but it had to be done, he couldn't spoil the surprise, he wanted Minwoo to be clueless about the gift. Speaking of clueless, he was clueless as to where Minwoo was having his party, he had said that his parents would be there, so maybe at their house? Dongwan had no clue where they lived though, since he had only ever visited Minwoo.

This could be an unpredicted bump in the road, he had to text Minwoo, just, pretend he was checking up on him or something, then he could take it from there.

He put the box on the ground and started texting "Hey Bongie :D Where are you at right now? I miss you <3 I was wondering if you were already at the party? Text me back soon :D" Ok, that message was way too happy, but it was the other man's birthday today, so he deserved to be showered in love.

Now he just had to wait, him and the puppy, Polly was it's name, that's what the man who sold it to him had said.

He had been waiting for a quarter of an hour now, a lot longer than he usually did for Minwoo's texts, this was weird. Maybe he was busy with the party, that could explain it all. He just had to wait a little longer, maybe another quarter, then he could start worrying.

The other quarter passed, and now he was scared, what if something had happened to him? Minwoo was never this slow at answering texts, he had sent at least a dozen  more texts, and they were all unanswered.

He had to go to Minwoo's apartment, at least then he would be sure if he had reason to panic or not.

He took the Box with Polly in it and started walking towards Minwoo's apartment, his head conjuring up all sorts of scenarios Minwoo could have faced.

When he reached the apartment he noticed something was wrong, very wrong, the door was open but no noise escaped the home.

He put Polly down in the hallway and entered the living room, that was where he got a shock.

Someone was in Minwoo's house, someone he didn't know, some old man.

"Excuse me, but, where is Minwoo?" he tried asking the man, his voice a mix between demanding and scared.

"Dongwan is it? Minwoo has moved, he won't be coming back, he has changed his number, and I sincerely ask you to refrain from contacting him" The man's words hit Dongwan like arrows. Moved, but why? Just yesterday he had asked him to meet his family, something was up, something wasn't right.

"No, who are you to say such things? Why should I believe you?" he spat, his words more a yell than anything.

"I'm his father. And I was the one who forced him to move, I don't like your relationship. When Minwoo told us he wanted to bring you to his birthday, and he told me about you, that was when I realized I had to protect my son. He isn't in this town anymore, so please don't look for him" The man was angry now, he was clenching his fists a swell.

How could this happen? Minwoo couldn't be gone, he was all he had, he was his life. He must be lying, but why would he have the keys to the apartment if he was?

"Can I at least see some proof that he's alright?" he needed some sort of comfort, to know that he wasn't just some kidnapping old man. He needed a call from Minwoo, a picture, something.

"I can show you some video proof if you'd like?" the man pulled his phone up and showed Dongwan a video of what seemed to be Minwoo sleeping soundly in a bed, he looked so peaceful, Dongwan couldn't help but smile. His dad was right, it was better for Minwoo to move on, he was no good for him. For 4 years now he had exploited him, loved him yes, but he had still used his trust for evil, he had left the man up many nights worrying, he had let him down so much. Minwoo deserved someone who would care for him the way he cared for others, not someone like Dongwan.

"Ok, I trust you'll take care of him, just promise me he won't get hurt" he smiled as he went for the door, picked Polly up, and left.

"Ok Minnie, you've kept your part of the promise, now I'll keep my part" Eric said as he zipped Minwoo's pants, at least he had bothered to dress him this time.

"You wanted proof that Dongwan was in our gang first right? Take a look at these" he went outside the door for a while and when he came back he was holding a stack of pictures.

"These are all pictures of Dongwan and the gang in different situations; Celebrations, training, on the job. Here take a look". He started showing Minwoo the pictures one by one, and sure enough, they all showed Dongwan in more and less pleasant situations.

"Ok, so he might be in your gang, but that doesn't mean I'll believe all the rest of the stuff you said, he loves me, he'll never deceive me" He was happy with how that came out, stronger than he had expected, more rock steady.

"Oh but he will Minnie, he did, he only met you to get information, believe me" he sounded so smug, it was as if every time Minwoo thought he had managed to be on top, it would just make the man even more smug.

"Prove it!" he almost knocked his head into the other mans. He pulled away a little, his face for the shortest second showing a glimpse of surprise, so Minwoo had finally managed to move him a little.

He stood up again, this time getting a video camera.

"Oh I will dear Minnie, I will" He opened the camera and pressed play.

What Minwoo saw pierced his heart, he felt his confidence fall to zero, and his head was beginning to feel dizzy. It was Dongwan in some conference room, Eric was there, as well as some other men in suits.

"We need you to befriend him, we need him for his knowledge" some man said.

"Sure, I'll do my best" Dongwan replied, so their meeting, the friendship they developed, it was all a lie? Dongwan did all of these things to get information on his job?

"But...but" his voice was fading, he didn't know what to say. "He only lied about the reason we became friends, our love was real" he cried out, desperate at this point.

"Well, you were being difficult, he couldn't get the information from you. You said it yourself: That information's only for my lover" he shrugged as if someone had just asked him what 2+2 was.

"Ok, our whole relationship might have been built on a lie, but that doesn't mean he can't love me" he sounded like a shell of his former self, almost no will to continue at this point.

"You would think that wouldn't you Minnie? But alas. Our Dongwan is as heartless as it gets" he said as he leaned closer to Minwoo, now showing his teeth in a genuinely amused smile.

"What...what do you mean?" he didn't even want to know, he knew this would kill him, this information would be his last memory of this world.

"Let me explain. You see, we showed him this video I took of you and I, together, and his response was. Well let me just show you" He turned the camera on again. It was Dongwan, he was in Minwoo's apartment, holding some sort of phone in his hands, that must be what he was seeing the video on. He had to react, he would be furious, he would march up to Eric and demand an explanation, that was what would happen, right?

But it wasn't, Minwoo was shocked, at what happened, his heart stopped, this was it, now he would die. Dongwan was, he was, smiling. He was smiling, just standing there peacefully watching that phone. But what he said was the last straw.

"Ok, I trust you'll take care of him" the video ended there. Minwoo was blank, how could he have trusted Dongwan for this long, how could he have counted on him, given him his all, when the real Kim Dongwan was like this?

"I trust you believe me now Minnie" he said, he almost looked like he pitied him, like he was genuinely sad on Minwoo's behalf.

But he couldn't answer him, he couldn't move, everything was a blur, the last 4 years of his life was a lie, Dongwan, never loved him.

 

 

AN: So this is probably the longest chapter to date :D I am so sorry if I completely butchered something, cause I really feel like I at making up good reasons for people to do what they do :P And Wow, we're at 40 subscribers, that's amazing guys, I love you so much <3 Your comments are the reason why I continue writing :D