Chapter 20

My Life Style

Minwoo had gone out to buy food, he had taken that job upon himself lately, especially after Junjin seemed to, miraculously, have more money than before, even if he didn't seem to remember selling more... There just seemed to be more money in his wallet whenever he woke up.

Minwoo had plenty of time to shop too, especially after he had given up on teaching Andy. It was sad really. Andy had showed so much interest at first. Junjin had been able to leave in the morning, and come back to Andy studying all variants of history and math. It made him happy. But lately, Andy only slept.

It had gotten so bad, that Andy barely listened to Minwoo, he barely stayed awake during the lessons, and Minwoo had lost his patience and given up.

Minwoo had yelled at him, that day, it had clearly upset him a lot, he really cared for Andy. But Andy just wasn't interested anymore, he didn't even seem hurt that Minwoo yelled at him, he almost hit him, but Andy just bowed his head and apologized.

The two had been awkward after that, Junjin barely saw them together anymore, Andy stayed in his room, he slept late now, he was asleep when Junjin woke up, and, some days, he was even asleep when Junjin came home.

he was incredibly tired all the time, barely talked, and didn't smile much, and even though it was getting hot outside, he only wore long sleeved shirts and long pants, even when he slept.

He slept with him now, Junjin, he didn't mind it much, sleeping in the same bed as him, it comforted Andy, he knew, and he liked having him close, it made him certain nothing bad could get to him.

And Andy had learned, not to touch him, honestly, he barely noticed Andy at night, and, did he dare admit that he missed it?

He knew it was good, that Andy was improving, understanding the difference between friendship and love. It was good, that Andy could have him as a friend.

But Junjin missed the times where he would touch him, he missed Andy's touches, and he hated that, he knew, it was wrong, and he knew, what he was feeling, and he wouldn't lose another friend because of those feelings.

He knew Dongwan didn't leave him because he loved him, Dongwan never knew that Junjin was in love with him, so that wasn't the reason. But he had been so hurt, when Dongwan left, he hadn't dared throw out his things, he would sit in Dongwan's room, smelling his clothes, imagining he was still there.

And he was scared the same thing would happen if he admitted to himself what he felt for Andy.

He had finally gotten over Dongwan, after Andy moved in. Dongwan's room was suddenly Andy's. Dongwan's clothes started being Andy's, smelling like Andy.

Then Minwoo moved in, and it was Minwoo's too, he hadn't even thought of Dongwan after those two moved in.

And to be honest, having Andy in his bed, was something he never even had with Dongwan...

He wanted Andy more, than he ever wanted Dongwan, he felt more, drawn, to Andy...

But he knew that was due to Andy's misinformed acts of friendship.

He knew he was going crazy, only because Andy acted like he loved him, when in fact, he just tried to show friendship.

Junjin had come home from the job just minutes ago, and Minwoo had greeted him with a big smile, telling him that Andy was asleep. he had looked at the floor then, sad, Junjin knew Minwoo worried for him, he had a medical background, he had told Junjin, so he knew Andy shouldn't sleep so much, but whenever they confronted the guy about his sleep, he dismissed them and said all was fine.

Junjin had smiled back at Minwoo and hugged him, he knew it was hard for him, being locked in the apartment, especially with Andy not talking to him.

He had then told Minwoo he wanted to prepare dinner, and that was when Minwoo had exclaimed that they had run out of his favorite ramen flavor, and he had told Junjin to wait and let him run to the store first.

Of cause Junjin had let him go, Minwoo could handle going to the store, and he was happy that Minwoo had waited till he was home, that way Andy wasn't alone at any point in the day.

He sat down in the couch when he heard the door slam behind him, Minwoo was gone now, and he was alone...

Well, he wasn't alone, Andy was in his bed.

He felt his lips raise slightly to that thought, but he quickly caught himself before his thoughts went too far. He shook his head.

"Damn... you need to pull yourself together... you're starting to crack..." he spoke lowly, he was alone, had been for years, he was used to talking to himself, it sometimes got too lonely and quiet if all his thoughts stayed inside of his head, so he needed to let them out sometimes.

But in all his years, there was never another voice to interrupt him, and he kept forgetting that he wasn't alone anymore.

"What are you talking about?" a tired sounding groggy voice came from the bedroom door, and Junjin snapped his head towards the entrance immediately.

"Nothing.. just, thinking... out loud..." he answered back, almost certain that he was blushing. What the hell? A grown man blushing?

But he couldn't help it, he was embarrassed, and tense. he was a good liar, but for some reason, seeing Andy there, holding the door tightly, wearing sweatpants and a long green shirt, hair sticking in every direction, that sight made him lie as well as a five year old.

"Mmm..." Andy groaned, it was in agreement, or understanding, but it could just as well have been a sound of waking up.

"Minwoo is out getting ramen..." he began, trying to break the awkward silence as Andy stepped away from the door and stepped slowly towards the couch, plotting himself down next to him.

"Mmm... I hope he gets kimchi flavor... i could really eat that..." Andy rubbed his eyes and yawned, starring at the wall, or maybe the TV? his eyes were small and looked irritated, obviously from having just woken up. Wait... He could see his eyes? He was facing him!? For how long had he been starring at Andy? How long had he been looking at him like he had never seen him before?

"Do i have something on my face?" Andy asked, tilting his head slightly, raising his hands to his face as if trying to figure out where that spot Junjin was staring at was.

"...I... yes...I'll get it for you..." Junjin shook his head slightly to wake himself up as he reached a hand out and rubbed the non existent make believe dirt off of the side of Andy's head. Just besides the right eye... Just under the long hair... the soft hair...

He found himself brushing the hair slightly, putting it in place behind Andy's ear. The other guy just looked at him.

"Is it gone?" Andy's eyes were big, questioning, and Junjin panicked again, he was losing it. His gestures weren't romantic, they were normal gestures friends could do, but it was the feelings behind them, that were wrong, if Andy noticed them, he would never believe anyone could love him for him.

"It is... it was just a runaway piece of sleep..." he smiled awkwardly as Andy proceeded to try to comb his hair by hand.

"Was my hair in the way? Is it too messy?" he laughed a little, probably knowing the answer to his own question.

"It's perfect..." Junjin exhaled, had he just said that out loud?

"...I mean... it's fine... it's... it's normal... it's... you've slept... it's supposed to be this way..." he panicked again, he had to sound normal, stop himself from saying things like this, he had to be a friend, only do friendly things, only think friendly thoughts.

Andy laughed heartily though as he stopped fixing his hair "I guess it's fine, I'm used to bedhair anyway, I mean, you're bound to get it with my job. i mean. I think all guys grab the hair of the person who's giving the right?" he smiled brightly, but Junjin didn't like it, he didn't like how easily Andy talked of his past, he didn't like how he made it sound like it was still his job, his identity.

"It's not your job..." his teeth were slightly gritted.

"Huh?" Andy stopped smiling and tilted his head, looking like he was in his own thoughts, trying to figure out what Junjin was talking about.

"It's not your job... that.... not anymore..." Andy stopped looking confused, and instead his face changed to one he couldn't really read.

"And... if I could... I would change your past... so this never was your job..." he gritted his teeth more, Andy's face turning a little annoyed.

"And why would you do that? Junjin?" Andy questioned, suddenly looking very awake.

"Because, I don't like, what it did to you... I don't like what you had to go through..." Junjin stopped gritting his teeth and instead began frowning, Andy began looking more and more angry though.

"Why? Why would you change that? We don't even know what I would be if I hadn't done all this, i wouldn't have met you, I wouldn't be me..." he sounded both annoyed and hurt, very hurt in fact.

"You would be normal... Andy... you would be normal and happy... and i would have met you one way or another..." Junjin tried comforting him, he didn't like how angry this made Andy, it made him angry that Andy didn't agree, why did Andy like this? Why didn't he regret being, well, that... that... thing... a ... like he said.

"Yeah you would meet me, I would be one of your costumers cause i wouldn't have any job or money or education or..." Andy kept going on and on, his voice raising and look getting more and more distorted.

"No!!" Junjin yelled, stopping Andy from listing anymore "No you wouldn't, Andy, I would change your whole past, I would let you have a normal happy childhood..." Andy looked at him for a while, as if contemplating what to think.

"But.. I like, what I am... Junjin... I have learned, from this... Junjin... i know things I wouldn't know if I had been normal... i like this..." at the last part he gestured a circle around him with his arms. Junjin understood what he was saying, but he hated it, he hated that Andy didn't regret what he had been through, he hated, that he alone hated it.

"Why? Andy... Why do you like it? It's wrong... you shouldn't like it... wouldn't it be better if you understood love? Friendship?" Junjin started soft, but he felt himself welling up, and to stop the tears he had to yell, get angry, he was angry.

"Why!? Why do you care!? You are teaching me now anyway! I don't have to understand, I'll learn! I'm good at understanding it now!!" Andy screamed back, standing up, he couldn't sit peacefully anymore, and Junjin followed him, standing right in front of the angry piercing eyes.

"I care because i wish you understood the difference between love and friendship as well as you say you do!! I wish you understood that there's a difference!! that what you and Eric had wasn't love!! that what you and Minwoo have is friendship!! that..." he was screaming straight at the other guy when he was suddenly cut off.

"That what you and I have is friendship too, i know!! I ing know ok!! you love me, as a friend, and I..." Andy went on, flailing his arms around, but junjin had to finish his sentence.

"No... you are wrong..." Junjin stopped yelling, and that got Andy's attention as the smaller guy stopped his speech and looked at him.

"I don't love you as a friend... what we have is friendship... yes..." Junjin wasn't looking straight at Andy's eyes, but he could still see the eyes getting very big.

"But what I want is love..." Junjin looked at the ground, he couldn't look at Andy, it hit him so fast how badly he had messed up, how much he had ruined everything.

"Junjin... I..." Andy began slowly, but before he got further, the doorbell was heard. 

"Minwoo must have forgotten the key... I'll get it..." Junjin spoke quickly, not looking at the smaller guy as he hurried off and opened the door for the waiting Minwoo.

"Thank's Jin, i forgot the key, and my hands are full too and..." Minwoo began with a smile, and Junjin felt so soothed by that, if Minwoo was here, at least he would get some time from Andy, to think of ways to fix this.

"It's fine, come in... Andy's up..." Junjin smiled back and hugged the shorter guy, hoping he hadn't noticed his red eyes, he had been very close to tears.

He had closed his eyes as he hugged the shorter man, needing to calm his heart, and he always hugged Minwoo when he got home, it was a ritual. But when he opened his eyes, something at the end of the stairs caught his eyes, or rather, someone.

It was Dongwan, for sure, it was his old roommate, his old crush, but why was he here, why was he following Minwoo?

Minwoo pulled off and Junjin instinctively pulled him behind him, he didn't know why, but he didn't like that Dongwan was there, especially not since it looked like he had stalked Minwoo, and he definitely didn't like that, since Dongwan had left Minwoo with the gang, left them to do, unspeakable things.

"Jin what's wrong?" Minwoo questioned, he had felt Junjin's stern grip, he usually didn't pull Minwoo around.

Minwoo followed Junjin's eyes to the end of the staircase and suddenly couldn't breath.

"Dongwan?..." He muttered, loudly, startling the said guy at the end of the stairs, he finally knew he had been noticed.

"I'll give you three seconds to get out of my apartment building..." Junjin spoke, and the guy on the stairs panicked.

 

 

AN: I know, what a weird time I'm updating :P But I just got the best idea for how Jindy should, you know, talk, and then, it just developed into me thinking, can't Jin just confess? Oh, and the ending? I used way too long trying to find out just how much Junjin knew about Minwoo and Dongwan's relationship... then I remembered the whole thing started with him seeing them... yeah, I need to reread this whole story... Also, wow, you guys, I'm amazed at how well you've been reacting, even though I was gone so long, I've not lost any subscribers, and you still comment :D I love you guys, seriously... <3