chapter 15

My Life Style

The room was very dark, he was alone. He could feel the cold chains on his wrists and ankles, and the cold concrete floor underneath him.

He was scared, very scared. He knew the silence was only temporary. He knew he was only going to be alone for so long. Suddenly he heard the door lock turn, he needed to brace himself, to get ready for what the visitor wanted to do to him.

#Hey Minnie, I'm back. Did you miss me?" His voice was sweet, almost nauseatingly so. In a fleeting moment he had hoped for the door to reveal the slender, friendly man, the one who helped him. But of cause luck wasn't on his side anymore. He knew it had been a while since the last "visit", and he knew the man loved to "attack" if he ever thought he had calmed down.

"Not in a talkative mood today I see. Well if you don't want to talk to me, then I'm sure we can find other things to do" No! No he couldn't let him do this, not again. He had to think fast, say something, maybe he could make him change his mind.

"No!" He had already messed up with his tone of voice. He knew he sounded too desperate for the man to even consider leaving.

"Oh dear Minnie. Is it really that bad? I thought you were beginning to like me" He could see the man step closer, but the dim light from the old light bulb didn't produce quite enough light to illuminate his face properly. Minwoo didn't need light to know how his face looked though, the times he had seen him clearly were enough to haunt his every living moment.

"Well you thought wrong" He had found his voice again, he was proud of how strong he had managed to sound, maybe he still had a chance.

"Are you sure, little Minnie?" He grabbed his chin and yanked it forcefully upwards, making him face the man fully.

"I mean. I seem to remember you screaming and struggling much more when you got here. Maybe you've just been alone for too long. You don't know what you want anymore" Minwoo had to shut his eyes tight, he knew what was coming, everything went like it always did.

Then he felt it, how the man forced his lips on his own, how he grabbed his face, and forcefully deepened the kiss. He felt the pain of his arms and legs uselessly rattling his chains, trying desperately to get free.

"No. Please" he managed to whisper, tears threatening to fall, every thought about how useless he knew pleading was, gone. He knew it was a useless fight, the man would always get what he wanted in the end. He might have been able to win in the beginning, but the longer he had been here, the more drained he started feeling, the more exhausted he was. He had no strength left, and he knew it.

"Just relax, or this will hurt a lot more than it has to" The disgustingly sweet, almost singing voice he used sent shivers down his spine. That voice was the voice of his nightmares.

How many times had he tried to stop him? Tried to prevent this from happening? It had never worked, he had always ended up the same way. Every time.

The man finally let go of his face, but he knew what was next, and it wasn't anything to look forward to.en he felt it, the warm hands under his shirt, roaming his chest and sides.

"No. Please don't" Tears were flowing freely now, he had completely lost control now, no rational thoughts going through his mind, only panic.

"If you'd just relax and enjoy this, Minnie. You might just realize this isn't as bad as you make it out to be" The man had moved one hand from his side, and was now looking at him, wiping his tears away slowly.

"You're lying..." he could only whisper, tears still flowing, and voice weaker than ever.

"Please just let me go" He turned his head as much as possible, not wanting to face the man. He didn't need his fake sympathy.

"Suit yourself. But don't blame me when you're hurting later. I warned you about not relaxing" The man got off of him, standing up, working on opening his belt.

He panicked more, trashing desperately with his limbs. But the constant movements were draining his energy very fast, and he knew this time would end like every other.

The man leaned down again, going straight for his pants.

Minwoo squeezed his eyes shut again. He couldn't face the man when he did this, he wouldn't. He only had one last resolve, he started screaming. He wouldn't stop screaming, maybe the screaming would stop him, or at least slow him down. He had to gather all of his strength, to make one last effort at getting free.

But when he threw himself forwards the chains didn't stop him. He wouldn't open his eyes, dreading what he might see if he did. But even the room felt different, the floor felt warm, soft even.

He had to keep up the screaming, he had to throw his arms around, maybe he could knock the man out? Maybe he could run away?

"Minwoo. Relax. I'm here now, nothing can get to you" that wasn't his voice. That was the voice of Junjin.

But he could be imagining things, he couldn't stop now, not when his arms were finally free.

"Shh. Minwoo. I'm here now. Please calm down" he couldn't reach the man with his arms, he curled himself up, hugging his legs tight. At least he could make himself feel safer like that.

The floor moved a bit, sinking down to one side. His tears were still flowing, but he had stopped screaming. He knew Junjin was real, he knew it had all been a nightmare, he had been having them every time he slept, always the same memories, always the same point he would wake up.

"There you go. Just breath slowly. You are stronger than this Minwoo. Nothing is going to get you here. No one is" He was so thankful for Junjin. The nightmares had been so much worse when he was alone, at least now he had someone to care for him when he was awake.

He liked Junjin. The man cared for him, he had offered him a place to stay, he had been honest and kind. Something he had grown to value very much.

He might not have a legal job, but he was honest about what he was doing, and Minwoo knew that immediately made him better than Dongwan.

"Minwoo. I have to leave you with Andy today. I know he usually works instead of me so I can stay here, but. Andy can't work today, he can't work for some time, so can I please trust that you will be nice to him, eat what he brings you, talk to him when he talks to you?" Why? Why did he have to leave? It wasn't like he hated Andy, but it was just. Andy wasn't Junjin. He hadn't really gotten to know the other man, he had only seen him walk in and out of his room, and caught glimpses of him sitting in the living room.

"Can you promise me Minwoo? Promise me to go to him if you need anything. And if you don't want to be alone right now, he's in my bedroom, he's awake, and I promise you he won't do anything to you" He was in his bedroom? Why would Andy sleep in Junjin's bedroom? They weren't dating, Junjin had assured him of that, so why else would he sleep in another man's bed? Junjin had had to have slept on the couch, and he had let Andy sleep in his bed, that had to be it.

"Minwoo. I'm so sorry for leaving you when you're like this. But I need to go, it's the only way for us to get anything to eat" He knew he had to answer him, to at least nod. But right now his body wouldn't let him move an inch.

"I need to tell you one more thing. I know you're uncomfortable with locked doors, but. I will be locking you and Andy in. It's for your own safety, I can't leave you two alone in my apartment, and if it's locked, no one will get to any of you. But I'm giving you a key, you just have to promise me not to let Andy know you have it, it's for his own good" Locked doors? He hadn't been behind locked doors since...

He started shaking more, panic rising in him again.

"Don't leave me please. I need you" he managed to utter, hoping Junjin heard.

"I'm sorry Minwoo. But believe me, Andy is the nicest person I know, and he can help you just as much as I can. When I'm gone, just go to my room if you need to be with someone. I'm afraid Andy isn't able to come to you" What exactly had happened to Andy? Why was he suddenly in Junjin's room, not working, not moving?

"I don't want him. I want you" He felt so embarrassed to admit that, but he had to tell the man, to show him how he felt.

"I'm really sorry Minwoo. But I really need to go. Here, take this" he felt one of his palms being opened, and a key being placed softly in his grip.

He could feel the bed lifting, Junjin had stood up. He finally managed to open his eyes, seeing the back of him slowly leaving the room, leaving the door open.

He knew what the open door meant. He knew Junjin wanted him and Andy to talk, to become friends.

But he was still too frightened. He couldn't make himself move. But he couldn't be alone either, the images were coming back. He needed the presence of someone, anyone, and Andy had to do.

He slowly got up, his legs still very unstable, but at least better than the last few times, the nightmare had been milder this time, or maybe he was beginning to get used to them?

He found himself in front of the door to Junjin's bedroom. He had to open it, but what would he say? Would Junjin have told him he would come? Would he even say anything? Would he be asleep now, since he took so long?

There was only one way to know. He had to step inside.

The door slowly creaked open, and he saw the lights were on, and Andy was flat on his back in the bed, covered in blankets.

"Hello? Can I... stay here? just for a while?" he stepped inside the room, afraid of startling the man, he might very well be asleep, he couldn't see his head.

"Of cause you can. We can watch a movie too, if you help me out of here" he sounded so happy. Why would he be so happy if he wasn't able to move? Wouldn't that mean he was in pain? Or that he was hurt?

"I would... I would like that" Actually, he hadn't watched a movie in the longest time. Junjin never thought he was able to do anything else but lay in his room, he protected him too much from the outside world, even from movies.

He stepped closer to the bed, seeing the man struggling to remove his blankets and getting out of the bed. He was definitely able to move, but he was wincing a lot, and he was moving very slowly.

"Can I help you?" He felt terrible for standing there, looking at him. He worked at a hospital before, back then he could always help. Why was it suddenly so hard for him to just offer to support the man so they could make it to the living room?

"Yeah. Can you give me a shoulder when I get up? I don't think my legs can carry me just yet" He looked up at him from the bed, his face all smiles, sounding like what he was saying was the funniest thing ever.

He looked so normal and happy. He was wearing long sleeves, and if it wasn't for the bruises and band aids on his face, you wouldn't know he was hurt.

"S..sure" He had to help him, he couldn't just let him sit there, and he was the one who agreed to move to the living room. He hadn't had any real bodily contact with anyone since... Even when Junjin comforted him, he never touched him, he always just sat in the room.

Andy was getting off the bed, teeth clenched tightly, and he felt terrible for not helping more. He acted, almost on impulse, and pulled Andy up, positioning himself so he could support him as much as possible.

"Thank you" Andy muttered through clenched teeth, Junjin had definitely been right about Andy not being able to move from his room. But why had he become like this? Had he done it to himself? Was that why he wasn't allowed to go outside? Had he been hanging out with the wrong people? Had he gotten in a fight?

They made it to the living room, Andy was clearly exhausted when he finally sat down in the couch. It was amazing how much better Minwoo felt already though. He almost felt like he was back to his old self. Nightmares completely forgotten.

 

 

AN: So, I was super slow at updating again, work was so busy :( And I really want to continue this scene, I kinda feel like I should continue with Mindy's thought's about each other, and Jin :P But I really felt like we needed to know what Minwoo felt about everything, and I really hope I didn't completely butcher anything :P Seriously, I had so much trouble figuring out what Junjin should say, what Minwoo should think, how Andy should act. This is one of the hardest chapters I've written, and I don't even know if I'm satisfied :) But I want to thank you all for staying and supporting me :D You guys are amazing :D