Chapter 10

My Life Style

The walk home was very long. every step felt heavy, and every breath he took felt like it could rip his lungs open. It was all just too unreal, how he had lost Minwoo the very first time he met his family, how he would never see Minwoo again.

But he was right, Minwoo's dad, Dongwan was no good for Minwoo, he couldn't give Minwoo what he deserved, he would never be able to give Minwoo what he needed.

He was puled from his train of thoughts by a soft whining coming from the box under his arm. It was Polly, who had been locked in the box for a long time now, and was probably starting to feel uncomfortable. He smiled, momentarily forgetting how he had lost his love, and sat the box on the ground to help the small puppy.

"Hey little friend" he said holding the puppy up in front of him.

"I'm sorry for treating you bad as well" he smiled, but tears threatened to fall from his eyes. Polly replied by barking and panting, looking extremely happy, despite the fact that he was just trapped in a small box by the man holding her.

"You even remind me of him, you can forgive everything I do, but you shouldn't, he shouldn't" he hugged the puppy tight as his tears finally fell, and he let his emotions flow freely.

Polly, thinking his owner was hurt, started Dongwan's face, and the happy panting disappeared.

"Why are you so good to me?" he looked directly at the dog, who tilted his head in response.

"Why do you forgive me?" he continued.

"Why can't we just be a normal couple?" he said, almost inaudibly, not talking to the dog anymore.

Days passed, maybe even weeks, Dongwan didn't know. It was a miracle Polly even got fed, it was even more of a miracle that Dongwan still remembered to go to work.

He had told himself to get over Minwoo, or at least try. If Minwoo's dad didn't want them together, he had to accept that, and it was the best for Minwoo as well, besides, he looked happy in the video. But it was all so hard, it was hard to get over loving someone you've loved for so long, someone you thought you would be with for the rest of your life.

He had begun the long quest of getting rid of Minwoo though, but it was a hard and emotional task.

The first step was to get rid of the things he saw everyday, things like the picture frames of the two of them together, or the set of bowls Minwoo had bought him for his birthday. It was hard to get rid of it all, everything he touched sent memories surging through him, memories of him, happy memories, which now, hurt more than anything.

But getting rid of the obvious stuff was only the first step, he also had to go through his clothes, pick out everything Minwoo had given him, everything Minwoo had left too much of his scent on. This was one of the hardest tasks. There were so many presents, and so much he had borrowed from him, which smelled like him, it hurt.

The quest was almost over now, but one thing was still missing, he needed to do the hardest of all tasks, he needed to look through his album.

It was a soul wrenching experience to look through the album, all of their happy times together, they hurt to think about, but he needed to, it was a part of his recovery. 

The album held every memory he had of him, everything from tickets to photos, it would be difficult to look through, but it was necessary.

He opened the album, and the first thing to greet him was a picture of a very smiling Minwoo taking a picture of himself and a bruised Dongwan. Dongwan remembered that day. Dongwan had gone to Minwoo's place after a particularly hard day at work, and when Minwoo had seen him he had gone straight to the medicine cabinet for things to clean his wounds. That day he had lied to Minwoo about his injuries, he had told him he had been clumsy with a machine, and Minwoo had laughed at him and told him to be careful. Looking back, he really had been a terrible boyfriend, lying to Minwoo in every single situation, would this album have even one truthful moment in it?

He took a deep breath and turned the page. Tickets to the movies. He remembered this as well. The gang had planned an attack on the delivery truck, and Minwoo was to be at work that night, so Dongwan had invited him to the movies, and since they rarely spend time with each other outside of Minwoo's apartment and the passage behind the "Box", Minwoo had happily agreed, and told his boss he couldn't receive the truck that day. The guy who took Minwoo's spot got killed that night, Minwoo was horrified and felt terrible about skipping work, but Dongwan had felt nothing but relief.

It was becoming more and more clear to him that he was the cause of all of the bad moments in Minwoo's life. If he hadn't been there in the first place, Minwoo would've never even had to fear for his life in the first place.

Dongwan turned the page again, but this time he wasn't struck by a feeling of guilt or sadness, this time he felt scared, empty.

It was a picture Minwoo had given him 3 years ago, a picture of Minwoo with his family. He had given it to Dongwan so Dongwan could feel like he had been there with them when they had been on vacation together, but there was something wrong with the picture, Minwoo's dad was not the man he had spoken to in Minwoo's apartment.

His arms suddenly felt limb, and the album fell to the ground with a thud. Minwoo had been kidnapped, or killed, or... He couldn't stop his thoughts from flowing, how could he have been so stupid? He worked in the gang business, he know rival gangs could do things like that if they thought it could set the other gang back, and Minwoo was their gateway to drugs, so he was a prime target. How did he not question the disappearance of Minwoo?

He had to go to Minwoo's apartment to look for him, to see if he could find any traces of what had happened.

He stormed out of the door, Polly barking at him as he left, but he didn't care, Minwoo was now in danger because of him, or maybe he was already dead.

He was panting when he reached Minwoo's door, but as he put in the spare key Minwoo had given him, it didn't fit. How could this be? Who would've changed Minwoo's lock when he wasn't around.

Dongwan was frantically pulling at the door handle when it suddenly opened and a guy in his 40's looked down at him.

"What the hell are you doing?" he was angry. Dongwan just froze. Why was this man here? Why was Minwoo's apartment not empty?

"Excuse me, but, where is the owner of this apartment?" he managed to utter.

"The former owner? No idea, guy just stopped paying rent, so the place went up for sale, I just bought it" he stopped paying his rent, how long ago was Minwoo kidnapped exactly? It had to be a long time ago now, or else the landlord wouldn't have kicked him out.

He had no clues to follow now, he had no way to know who took Minwoo.

He needed help, and he only knew one person powerful enough to find Minwoo, his boss Eric Mun.

"Eric. I need your help" he was standing in his boss's office, looking at the ground, knowing no one ever asked for the man's help without paying him a prize, but he had to, it was his only solution, and he was closer to Eric than many others, so maybe, just maybe, Eric was feeling generous.

"And why would you suddenly need my help?" he questioned, almost like he was digging for a certain answer.

"I...Minwoo. I mean. Minwoo's gone, and I think a rival gang might have kidnapped him to stop our drug supply" he looked up, but what he saw wasn't what he had expected, Eric was, smirking?

"Oh no dear Wannie, you aren't quite right" he gave a laugh.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to figure out something was up, seems like the guy was a better actor than I thought, or maybe you just don't know Minnie's family that well" Figure out? Actor? Minnie?

"What. What are you talking about" Dongwan felt cold, he felt very uneasy with the atmosphere.

"I'm talking about your punishment. Do you remember when you first joined and I told you you had to ditch your roommate because I don't want my bodyguards to be too emotionally attached to people? See, this rule still applies, even if you're falling for someone I told you to hook up with" What was he talking about? What punishment? He had been so secretive with his and Minwoo's relationship, there was no way Eric could know about it.

"I'm not in love with anyone, what are you talking about?" he sounded more panicked now.

"Well you might not be in love with Minnie, but he is certainly in love with you" he stood up from his chair and started walking towards Dongwan.

"I have seen evidence of you and him, together, outside of work hours" he stepped closer.

"So I decided to bring him in, just to check if it was true, and I must say, you definitely broke the rule" he was closer yet.

"I was curious though, as to why you would fall for him. He's good looking, yes, but there had to be other reasons" he was right next to Dongwan now, leaning in to whisper in his ear.

"Now I know why" Dongwan drew a sharp breath.

"He's a good " he chuckled.

But Dongwan exploded at that comment, he did something no bodyguard should, he punched him, right in his stupid grinning face. Eric stepped back a little, startle by the attack. Dongwan flew towards him, fists raised, but he didn't get many hits at Eric before he was held back by two other guards.

"Now now Wannie, no need to be violent, if it's any consolation at all, he did fight me quite a lot" he stood up, rubbing his now bleeding lower lip.

"You him! You bastard, I'll kill you!" he was screaming, his blood boiling with rage.

"Now, what kind of bodyguard would kill their boss? Besides, Minnie wouldn't benefit much from that" Dongwan froze in his steps at the mention of him.

"Where is he? Let him go, none of this is his fault" he pleaded, not able to lock out the images he was getting of Minwoo being .

"But Wannie, what would be the punishment in that? No this is what I have in mind. You work for me, no relationships, and no extra work as a spy, and in return, Minnie won't get hurt anymore. Is that a deal?" he stuck out his hand towards Dongwan, a disgusting smile on his lips.

"You will let him go, right? You won't touch him anymore?" Dongwan had to make sure Minwoo was safe.

"I can't let him go, but I can give him a cell that he won't even know is a cell. But I can promise you that he won't be touched as long as you keep your word" This was the best offer he could get, he knew it. It wasn't freedom for Minwoo, but as time passed, he might be able to free him. One way or another.

"Deal" he was released by the guards, and took Eric's hand in his to shake it.

Hyesung entered the room a little while after Dongwan had left.

"You said you wouldn't release Minwoo? But, you promised me he would be set free as soon as Dongwan had found out?" he said, eyes puzzled.

"I know Sungie, and I always keep my word with you. But does he need to know that I sat him free?"

 

 

AN: OK, this might be my least favorite chapter, I don't know why, I just feel like I butchered something :P But I hope this explained Dongwan's POV on the whole ordeal, and I'm sorry about making Eric a douche, he will really improve soon, or, at least you will see better sides of him :D  I still very much appreciate you support, your votes amaze me every time, and I really love all of your comments :D I should've updated on Jin's birthday huh? Would've been cooler :P