Chapter 19

My Life Style

The hot water was raining down on him from the shower head, calming his aching muscles, though at the same time, stinging the small cuts and wounds.

He was exhausted, thoroughly beaten both mentally and physically.

It was a miracle he was still alive, that he hadn't been killed yet, or fired, for that matter, but luck must be on his side.

Well it was only fair that he got a little luck, now that faith had do take away the man he loved. In a way, he hated his luck, he hated that Minwoo could just disappear, that he could be literally lost forever, while he couldn't do a thing.

He took a deep sigh before turning off the hot water and grabbing the towel, drying himself off slowly, be himself.

As he opened the door to the bathroom, the small white dog stepped out, barking loudly. Well, he wasn't so small anymore, he was bigger than when he bought him, but still small.

"Hi Polly..." The man bent down to pat the happily panting dog on his head.

"I forgot to feed you didn't I?..." he smiled sadly as the dog jumped and tried to his face.

"Let's go eat ok?.." The dog started running in circles as it heard the word eat, barking, and running back and forth between its owner and the food bowl.

He got back on his feet, feeling how his bones and muscles protested loudly to the idea.

"Let's see what we have ok?" he smiled at the dog as he opened a cupboard and felt the smile fall. Dog food, one box, but that was it, nothing he could eat. He kept doing that, opening the cupboard to eat, realizing it was empty, and then skipping dinner. He knew it was bad, he had lost a lot of weight, but he just didn't feel like eating alone, he didn't want to eat when he knew there was a chance Minwoo wasn't eating anything at all...

The dog began barking again as the man picked up the box and turned around "There we go Polly..." he bent down to pour some food in the bowl, it was running low, the box, he had to go buy some more after work.

He stretched again as he left the happy dog in the kitchen, he needed to get going, he couldn't be late for work, and Polly would survive, he was always happy, even when Dongwan was close to breaking down, that puppy always saved him, made him remember that he could still find Minwoo, that he could still save the man he loved.

It wasn't a tough day at work, it was rather slow, redundant. He was to follow Eric and Hyesung, they were going to a meeting with some suppliers, nothing dangerous, rather, it was the least dangerous job, something he did at least once a week.

He sat in the passenger seat as another bodyguard drove the car, and the boss and his right hand man were in the back, having the black glass up so the bodyguards couldn't see them, they apparently needed privacy.

"What do you think they are doing back there? Like, what do they discuss?" he voiced, looking slightly at the other guard.

He answered without taking his eyes off of the road "making out..." Dongwan widened his eyes and couldn't answer.

The other man must have felt that since he glanced quickly at him with a smile "don't tell me you didn't know?" Dongwan was still not answering.

"Seriously? You never noticed? The way they look at each other? Dude, they are so ing..." he changed his focus to the road again as Dongwan opened his mouth to answer.

"Pull in here" Dongwan closed his mouth immediately when he heard Eric's voice, the glass had been pulled down.

"Sure thing boss" the other guard answered and pulled the car to a halt.

Dongwan got out of the car quickly and went to open the door for his boss. Eric stepped out without looking at him, he had a mark on his neck, but he covered it quickly when he sensed it was visible, Dongwan must have been staring, and he could feel the blush rising in his cheeks. That was not there when they left, so... they really were a couple?...

Hyesung followed Eric closely out of the car, and Dongwan could have sworn that he was panting, his hair a lot more messy than when they had left.

They were at some store, nothing special, nothing he remembered as special.

Eric walked into the shop, Hyesung following him closely, and Dongwan right after, the other guard in the car to watch out for others entering.

Hyesung stopped at a shelf with snacks, were they hungry? Did they just stop to buy snacks? Well Dongwan wasn't allowed to ask, it wasn't his job, even if stopping to shop could bring them in more danger than just going straight to the meeting.

Hyesung picked something, some sweet chocolate filled candy, whispered something to Eric, and... Eric smiled? He smiled brightly... Eric never smiled like that before, not with Dongwan around at least.

The two kept picking different snacks and whispering, Dongwan decided to examine the costumers instead, checking if any of them looked suspicious.

There was an old woman, seemingly, like any other old woman, no thread there. In general, it was still early, most people were at work, unless they were old, or stay at home mothers.

But then, a guy suddenly walked into the store, and Dongwan's heart skipped a beat. His face was hidden by a cap, and the hair was a little long, the clothes worn out, but he was almost certain that it was Minwoo, his Minwoo...

He took a step forwards, but remembered that he was on duty. He turned around, noticing he had turned away from the people he were protecting, they had noticed too.

They were staring at him, this was it, he knew it, Eric would kill him now.

"Dongwan what are you doing?" Hyesung asked, voice slightly annoyed, but mainly confused.

"I..." he looked at the ground, he couldn't tell them he thought he saw Minwoo.

"Just tell me, there must be a reason our best guard is suddenly ignoring his duty?" Hyesung asked again, arms crossed now, Eric looking like he was fighting hard not to interfere.

I thought..." he began, but then the man walked just past his gaze again, stopping some isles away, behind Hyesung.

Hyesung noticed the changed focus and turned to see what Dongwan was looking at. Dongwan gulped when he noticed he had been staring at the supposed Minwoo, and quickly changed his gaze to Hyesung when the man turned around again.

"You know that guy?" Hyesung asked, nodding his head towards the man.

"I... I think it's.... It  is Minwoo..." Dongwan looked at the floor, he was almost crying, he was so close, but he couldn't just run to the man, or yell at him, if he did, Eric might shoot him for disobeying orders.

"Ahh, but you can see him after work, right now, you are working Dongwan..." Hyesung smiled slightly and stopped crossing his arms, Dongwan was confused.

Eric looked uncomfortable, he was glancing at Hyesung constantly while the frown formed on Dongwan's forehead.

"I... I can't... this is my only chance of finding him... you took him away, remember?..." he was raising his voice, Minwoo would leave soon, and then he would be lost, so Dongwan was about to care less about dying.

"We did...?" Hyesung squinted his eyes and turned to Eric "You never told him?" he whispered, but loud enough for Dongwan to hear.

"I..." Eric began, Hyesung looking furious before Eric changed to look at Dongwan.

"Dongwan, we let him go, but we don't know where he went, we just released him, we aren't watching over him..." he looked at Hyesung again while Dongwan felt his whole world spinning around him.

"And?..." Hyesung tilted his head, arms crossed as he questioned Eric.

"And you are free to follow him..." Eric looked at Hyesung again "now... go after him... now..." Eric looked at the ground.

Dongwan didn't understand what was happening, since when was Hyesung in charge? Why was Eric nice?

But it didn't matter, he could thank the man later, what mattered now was that Minwoo had already left the store, and he had to find him before he could get too far.

He saw Hyesung smiling brightly and slipping his arms around Eric's neck, but that was the last thing he saw before he stormed out of the store, earning a confused look by the other guard.

Minwoo was far away already, but luckily still visible on the long straight street.

He began running, faster than ever, everything spun from the exhaustion, his body wasn't ready, he hadn't eaten enough for days.

He tasted blood, but he kept going, his mind blank, all that mattered was that dot in the distance that was Minwoo.

But then the dot turned, it disappeared, went down another street, he could lose him...

He ran faster, his vision becoming blurry, but he managed to just barely see the man stepping into a building, a  very familiar building, one he hadn't seen in years, one he had lived in.

He ran up to the building, quickly grabbing the familiar handle and opening the door.

It smelled exactly how he remembered it, dusty and moldy, but Minwoo lived there, so he had to endure.

He took the stairs quickly, two at a time, he was getting closer to Minwoo, he was so close, he could hear him, almost see him.

Finally Minwoo stopped in front of a door, but he didn't open it right away, instead he stood there waiting. Dongwan had almost caught up to him when the door opened, and a face greeted Minwoo, a face Dongwan hadn't seen for years, and, a face he didn't know what to feel about.

How had Minwoo ended up with Junjin? And why was Junjin smiling and hugging his Minwoo?

 

 

AN: Guys... You have my permission to kill me, I've been horrible and slow, not doing enough work on this fic, even though you guys are so nice, getting me  subs, seriously guys, I cried when I saw that, that, is so many people to me... Guys, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, so much <3 And I've been so busy in school, but I'm so close to going on holiday now, and I was uninspired for this fic, but now, guys, I will finish this!! Please keep commenting, you guys make my day, if I'm ever sad, I go here to read what you think, seriously, I love you <3

Oh and did you notice the picture? I learned how to make those, and felt like this story needed it :D