Chapter 16

My Life Style

Minwoo actually seemed like a decent guy, as long as Junjin wasn't home.

He hated to admit it, but he was definitely jealous. It wasn't only the way Junjin treated Minwoo, he acted differently towards him, cared for him in a different way. But it was also, if not more, the way Minwoo lit up around Junjin, how he would smile more when he was around, how it was so clear to Andy that Minwoo wanted Junjin.

But right now, as they were sitting in the couch together, the house all for themselves, Minwoo seemed like such a nice guy, like someone he could make friends with. He was starting to understand Junjin's protectiveness towards him.

"Can... Can I get you anything?" Minwoo was still stuttering, the whole situation making him uncomfortable. Andy didn't know what had happened to the man, he didn't even think Junjin knew, but it was clearly something which prevented the man from feeling comfortable around others, well, not considering Junjin.

"I'm fine. I've already had my breakfast, but if you're hungry, Jin left some food for you in the kitchen" it was childish maybe, but even though he would have normally used Junjin's full name, he felt like, in front of Minwoo, he had to use a nickname, teach Minwoo who was closer him.

"I... I'm not really hungry" he was shy. Andy didn't blame him, they had never really been alone before.

"But you should at least eat a little bit. It would make Junjin happy" he didn't like using Junjin's name as a means of persuasion, especially not since he could see Minwoo's face brighten just by the mention of his name. But he cared for Minwoo, and he knew this was the only way he could make him eat. It also helped that he knew Junjin would be proud of him if he could make the other one eat.

"I'll see if I can eat anything then. You sure you don't want anything? Something to drink maybe?" He knew he could make the man eat if he mentioned who prepared the food, it bothered him somehow, but he couldn't help but chuckle at how obvious the man was.

It was obvious to Andy who Minwoo liked, it would be obvious to anyone, and he knew it wouldn't  be fair to detest the man, just because they liked the same person. But to be honest, it wasn't necessarily Minwoo liking Junjin which bothered him. It was the fact that he didn't know who was the closest to Junjin's heart.

He had come to the conclusion that he liked Junjin the same way he had liked Eric, if not more. And he knew Junjin insisted they were friends, and that he only wanted more from him because it was what he was taught, and used to.

But Andy knew it couldn't all be habits, not when everything about Junjin felt so new, so, different. Yes he still wanted more than what Junjin said friends could do, he was right about that, but somehow, he didn't want it from just anyone, he only wanted Junjin now.

And this was why Minwoo was complicating things. He liked Junjin the same way Andy did, he could see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice, how he brightened up every time Junjin spoke. So did they both just like Junjin as a friend? Since chances are so small of both of them loving him. Did he really just want to touch him, kiss him, out of habit? 

Friendship confused Andy. All he knew was that no matter what he wanted from Junjin, be it friendship or love, he just needed more of it, more of than what Minwoo was getting.

"I'm fine, as long as I can choose the movie" he laughed as he answered Minwoo. He decided being happy, diverting Minwoo's mind from whatever caused his nightmares, was the best course of action.

He had woken up very early that morning, his body hadn't allowed him to sleep for long, his bruises really bothered him, and prevented him from sleeping comfortably.

In the past, bruises would have never woken him up.he was so used to them, so used to feeling this way. But it was like everything he had learned to ignore, every pain he could forget, suddenly hurt again. It was as if the time he had spent with Junjin, the time with no pains, no bruises, had ruined his abilities to ignore, and now he had to get used to this all over again.

He had been disappointed, waking up alone, but he knew Junjin didn't hate him. After all, Junjin had gone after him, saved him, and brought him home. He felt so stupid now, with his decision to run away, just because he was jealous. What would have happened if Junjin hadn't followed him? If he hadn't found him? And why was he even so jealous? It was obvious he was overthinking things. Maybe Junjin really just did see them as his friends. Maybe Andy just didn't understand where the line between friendship and love was drawn.

He had really wanted to get up that morning, to find Junjin, to thank him. And that was when he realized just how hurt he was.

He had pulled his blankets off of himself, initially wondered a bit about how he had ended up in a pajama, and then quickly gotten up, not thinking about why he was woken up in the first place.

His legs hadn't been able to carry him, and he had ended, very gracefully, and very loudly, on the floor. He had immediately clenched his teeth in an attempt to dull the pain, and he had to curse under his breath as everything hit him with full force.

Not much more than a minute later the door had slammed open, revealing a very awake Junjin in the doorframe. He had rushed to Andy's side as soon as it had dawned on him that Andy wasn't getting up anytime soon.

Everything might have hurt, but it was all worth it when Junjin had wrapped his arms around him and started fussing about how he needed to be careful, and how he shouldn't try to get up without help.

Junjin had stayed with Andy all morning, just talking, it was as if last night had never even happened. Junjin had told him he was going back to work, and that meant Andy was to take care of Minwoo from now on. It had initially bothered Andy how much the conversation seemed to revolve around Minwoo. But then he had realized how much he could impress Junjin, how much closer the two of them could get, if he just befriended Minwoo.

"So... What are we watching?" Minwoo was back, sandwich in one hand, and a glass of water in the other.

"This one" he held up an old looking DVD, he had watched this one with Junjin so many times already, he knew it was one of Junjin's favorites, and he wanted to show Minwoo how much he already knew about the man they both wanted.

The movie was about a girl. About how she finds out she has the power to stop people from dying, and how she has to figure out what she can and can't use her powers for.

"I've never seen this one before. Is it good?" Minwoo sat down, still leaving a fairly large gap between the two of them, but at least choosing the same couch as Andy. Also, he couldn't have wished for a better answer, now he could really show Minwoo that he had nothing in common with Junjin, he hadn't even heard about the movie. To be fair, neither had Andy before Junjin showed it to him, but Minwoo didn't need to know that.

"Is it good? It's amazing! Me and Jin watch this one all the time, it's his favorite movie you know" he felt so petty, he knew he was being childish and jealous, but he just had to. Minwoo didn't really respond as much as he had wanted, he just smiled and nodded.

The movie had been on for half an hour or so now. Minwoo had turned off all of the lights and covered the windows so the only light in the room came from the TV in front of them.

Minwoo seemed to enjoy the movie, as Andy hadn't heard a single sound from him, and his eyes seemed as if glued to the screen. He hadn't touched his sandwich much though, which was a shame, since he had hoped to impress Junjin, and also genuinely thought the other man needed to eat.

A sudden loud scream from the TV diverted his attention back to the movie. It was the part of the movie where the main character had been kidnapped by her ex boyfriend, and since she wouldn't listen to him, he had tied her to the bed to show her she needed him.

But just as Andy was starting to focus on the movie again, he heard a strange notice coming from besides him. It was like, a muffled sob.

"Please... Turn it off please" the voice was not much more than a whisper, but it was enough for Andy to quickly turn the movie off, just before the ex climbed on top of the bed.

"Minwoo, are you ok?" He wanted to comfort the man, to put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"Don't touch me!" He snapped, jerking Andy's hand violently off him, and pulled himself as far away as the couch allowed him to.

What was wrong? Was he just very emotional? But this part of the movie wasn't sad? Maybe. Maybe this reminded him of something. Of whatever caused his nightmares.

"I... I'm sorry. It's just..." he started, sobbing louder now. His tears had began streaming down his cheeks now too, and it made Andy feel horrible. This was never what he had intended to happen, he had just wanted to show off, why hadn't he considered that Minwoo might be sensitive? Why hadn't he chosen some stupid happy comedy? Something which surely couldn't have brought Minwoo to this.

"... This is me" he trailed off, eyes completely focused on the wall. But what was him? Did he his girlfriend? Did his boyfriend him? Was it just the whole unrequited love thing?

"Andy. I need to talk to someone. Can you please just listen to me?" His voice was so solemn, so... sad.

"Of cause I'll listen, whatever you need to say, I'll listen" He tried again to make eye contact, but Minwoo was intend on staring at the blank screen.

"You know I don't like being touched, and you know I have nightmares..." he began, still talking to the screen.

"...And even though you have both been so nice to me, I've been nothing but a burden to you" Andy opened his mouth to stop him, tell him he was wrong. Sure Andy was jealous of Minwoo, but that wasn't Minwoo's fault, and he was sure there was a good reason for Minwoo to stay at Junjin's house, even if he didn't know that reason.

"I want to tell you why. Why I'm being a burden. Why I'm like this. I need to tell someone. I'm afraid of what will happen if I keep it bottled up inside myself" Wait. Minwoo wanted to tell him? He didn't tell Junjin yet, so, he wanted to tell Andy first? But he was so much closer to Junjin?

"I was . Kidnapped and . I don't know for how long he kept me there. But he said it was for my own good, to make me realize my boyfriend was a liar, that he never loved me. But..." Minwoo was crying again, his voice was weak and unsteady, and he had to pause to take a long breath before he continued.

"I would have never known if he hadn't told me. I could have been living a happy and normal life, I would never had known it was a lie. I could've been happy. But now, because of him, I can't sleep at night, I can't trust anyone, I can't go outside, I can't even close my ing eyes!" His voice rose in power with every word until he screamed the last words out.

"Andy..." he finally turned his head, eyes teary and voice back to it's softer tone.

"Why can't I just die?" He now felt horrible for hating the other man, he had been through so much, but never had Andy thought the man would just give up like this, never would he have guessed that Minwoo wanted death.

"Because..." Andy hated the next words, but he had to, he cared for Minwoo, jealousy had to move out of the way for now.

"You are special Minwoo, you have so much left to do in this world, and... Junjin needs you" he could feel his heart hurt at that statement, he knew it was true, but that didn't make it hurt any less. There was no doubt that Junjin liked Minwoo, all of the times spend in his room, all of the conversations he had started about how Minwoo was doing. There was no denying it, Junjin needed Minwoo.

"Thank you Andy, but you are way too kind" he was smiling now, tears still visible, but they had stopped forming.

"Can't you see I don't deserve Junjin? Not with a past as dirty as mine. And besides that... he already has you" Wait. Minwoo thought that him and Junjin were... No way, how would he have gotten that idea? Didn't Junjin say they were just friends, that they acted like friends? Well if they did, then how could Minwoo have gotten the wrong idea?

"No. We aren't dating. And if your past is dirty, I shouldn't even live under the same roof as him" Minwoo looked so taken aback by his answer. It was about time he told Minwoo about his past, especially since Minwoo had just told him everything.

"But you look so close? And even though he said he was single, I was sure he liked you" Minwoo thought Junjin liked him? everything was getting more and more confusing. Minwoo couldn't be wrong about this stuff, he knew just as much as Junjin, so was Junjin hiding things from him? Or did he like both of them? Or non? It gave him a headache just thinking about it.

"No, he can't, like you said, he can't be with someone with a dirty past. So he can't be with me. Minwoo, you were forced, that doesn't make you dirty, but I... I chose this myself" Minwoo looked so puzzled now, sadness gone from his face, completely replaced by confusion.

"I grew up in a gang, I was a pickpocket, up until I turned 16. From then, and until recently, I've been working as the leader, Eric Mun's, personal " it felt so weird to tell Minwoo, he had never been embarrassed about this before, but ever since he started living with Junjin, things felt different. Minwoo looked like he had just told him he had killed his mother though, his eyes had widened, and he had frozen completely to the spot.

"It's ok Minwoo, I won't do anything to you, but this is why I look so close to Junjin, he says it's old habits, but I promise I won't touch you" he panicked slightly, had he been wrong in telling him?

"Minwoo? Are you ok? Please say something" He was really getting worried now, Minwoo looked scared out of his mind. Was his past really that terrible?

"That name..." he finally spoke, voice barely a whisper again.

"It was him. He is the one in my nightmares Andy" 

 

 

AN: So this is the most choppy chapter I've posted to date :P Wrote it over so many days, No idea whether it worked or not :P But I just really wanted to continue Mindy's conversation, even though I reached so many points where I had no clue what they should say :D It might be a while till the next update, I really need to work on my other story, and I have a few comments I really have to write soon :P  But I was so overwhelmed with your comments on the last chapter :D So many, you guys really inspire me :D