Deadly Questions

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
AUTHOR’S POV

Two young girls slowly made their ways into the biggest room in the mansion. The room that had been full since minutes ago, the room that had been packed with reporters, the room where the two young girls would be asked about themselves with blitz on and flashes thrown onto their faces.

After a nod of confirmation from the older girl was given, Seohyun motioned the staff of Jung Corp to open the door, and the two girls stepped in, hand in hand.

Sudden flashes after flashes made it harder for Jessica to smile while in the other hand Tiffany bowed politely and smiled to each and every reporter that was there.

Tae Hee gestured them to come up front and sat beside her and James, but her eyes were fixated on the intertwined hands of Jessica and Tiffany. But Jessica didn’t let her lover’s hand go, she gripped it tighter.

And it made the reporter noticed their hands, in another second the reporters became busy taking pictures of their linked hands and it did make Tae Hee threw her glare at Jessica.

James stood up as he invited his daughter and the Hwang to sit beside him, then he motioned the reporters to be back into their respective seats. The reporters stopped taking pictures and went back to their seats, ready to ask questions.

“Good morning, everyone. My name is James Jung and now I represent you my daughter and her special friend. Jessica.” The called girl stood up and bowed slightly then sat back beside Tiffany and Tae Hee. Clicks of cameras could be heard as soon as the attention was on Jessica.

“And here, the pretty girl beside me is Tiffany Hwang.” The now-confident girl stood up a little bit shyly but then she tugged a strand of hair behind her right ear then smiled confidently to the cameras.

Flashes couldn’t seem to stop until Tiffany sat back.

Only heaven knew that both of them were sweating their palms. They were that nervous.

Now the attention was back to James, “Before you all can talk to my loved daughters, I’ll let them to introduce themselves, Sica, you can go first.”

The mentioned girl reached out her hand lazily and pulled the mic closer to but Tae Hee pinched her thigh a bit, Jessica gulped as she gulped the pain inside, understanding what Tae Hee meant, she stood up.

She cursed her Grandma for making her standing up, the nervous feeling she felt was doubled by standing up, especially because she could see the reporters’ faces clearly. And they seemed to be ready to eat her alive. Dumb Jung and her imagination.

“Ehm. Good morning, everyone. I’m Jung Jessica...” Jessica paused a bit before continuing, “The future Heiress of Jung Corporation. It’s nice to meet everyone here.”

The reporters clapped their hands then Jessica nodded slightly before sitting back comfortably, she controlled her breath as she watched her lover standing up.

“Good morning, everyone. My name is Hwang Tiffany and I’m Jessica’s very special friend. It’s really nice to meet you all. Thank you.” Tiffany garnered some chuckles and light laughs when she emphasized the ‘very special friend’, and the reporters seemed to like Tiffany better since the applause she got was louder than Jessica’s.

“Okay, first question, who will go first?” James looked carefully, trying to choose which reporters look nice, but he failed, all the reporters seemed to be very eager to ask things to Jessica and Tiffany.

“Okay, you go first, and the one beside you can go after you. Go on.”

The young reporter who got chosen to ask first smiled to the young couple then took the mic that the staff gave to her, “Good morning, Ms. Jung and Ms. Hwang. You two are more beautiful in person. Well, my question is, we all know that Ms. Jung was planned to marry another Heiress in Park Company, but why now it’s not Ms. Park we see here?”

James regretted his choice, the first question had to be light not like this question.

But Jessica and Tiffany seemed to be calm, well no one knew their heart beat rates, but they looked fine so James turned his head towards them.

Jessica held Tiffany’s hand under the table and pulled the mic, signing that she was the one who would answer the question.

“Hello, Ms…?”

“Ms. Jang.” The young reporter fixed her name tag so Jessica could see it clearer.

“Okay, hello Ms. Jang. The name tag is too small and it is unseen from afar, you should tell this to your boss.” Tiffany closed her eyes, she tried to not laugh but the reporters all laughed at the bold statement Jessica made.

‘Omg Jessi… Even at time like this…’ Tiffany heaved out as she tried to not laugh.

“About Ms. Park, is it Park Min Young Unnie that you meant?” The reporters seemed to be nodding, they all seemed to have that kind of question, Tiffany felt more and more insecure by any seconds passed.

“If it is Park Min Young Unnie then I have no choice but to reveal why not her.” The reporters seemed to be very interested, “First of all, this beauty creature beside me is cuter than her.” The reporters chuckled, Tae Hee controlled her breath as Jessica’s answer was kinda nonsense.

“Then I only considered Park Min Young as an Unnie I like which was misunderstood by my Mom, but later then she realized that the one I love isn’t that Unnie but this pretty thing beside me.” Tiffany wanted to kill her girlfriend for calling her ‘creature’ and ‘thing’ in front of the world.

“But what about the engagement that was announced? I think misunderstanding won’t be that far?” James cursed his staff for inviting the young reporter.

“Uh…” Jessica stopped for a while.

“How should I put this? Hmm. Okay. Let me just be honest. So, the misunderstanding became that far because I thought I liked Park Min Young Unnie when I was young, I told that to my Mom, then she misunderstood it, and there was a project between Jung and Park, which would be nicer if the Heiress could work together, so, my Mom proposed the engagement between us which was, soon, denied by me. All because I’ve fallen for this smart Hwang beside me.”

The reporters nodded in understanding then James took the chance to get his daughters off the hook, “Thank you, Ms. Jang. Next question, please, yes, you.”

The male reporter with glasses took the mic, “Good morning, Ms. Jung and Ms. Hwang. I’m Timmy from Times. First of all, congratulations because you’re the first Heiress that announce same- relationship.”

Jessica and Tiffany looked at Tae Hee, they didn’t know that they were the first. Another burden was given on their hands now.

“And my question is, we all know that Jung has the most expensive stocks for companies that are ran by Koreans, with you announcing this relationship, aren’t you afraid that this will influence the stocks?” Smart Tiffany nodded as she understood the question meanwhile Jessica got a little confused but Tae Hee whispered something to her, she opened in understanding manner and nodded twice like a real pro.

“And, as you’ve answered the previous question, we all know that this is not a business relationship, will this relationship become serious? Or, is it just an image that Jung wants to show after your parents’ generation’s marriages?” The question blew Tae Hee hard, it was partly her fault that her children’s marriages were all for business purposes. Even Julia, even though her family wasn’t the richest that time, she was one of the most wanted finance analysts, which was needed by Jung Corporation.

Tiffany moved forward to answer as she knew Jessica’s capability in economy, but Jessica beat her to get the mic, “Good morning, Timmy. Thank you for the questions, you’re really smart to use the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter