Joining Clubs

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

Finally, final exams were over. Everyone cheered happily as the professors in their classrooms dismissed them, they all celebrated, including our Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny and Taeyeon.

Jessica checked her answer sheet once again before grinning and handing the paper to her Professor, she smiled and bowed, “Thank you, Prof.”

The Professor in front of her was quite surprised, he even stared at Jessica’s back, still not believing how a troublemaker could greet him and handed a fully answered sheet, not like a blank paper or just a paper with doodles and love letter written on it.

“Psst, Sunny!” Jessica whispered to Sunny, the called girl looked up and held her bag, she motioned Jessica to go outside first, so Jessica did like Sunny told her. Because of the exam, they had to be separated, Sunny was with Jessica while Tiffany was in the same room with Taeyeon.

In less than a minute, Sunny showed up and found Jessica was talking to a group of boys, “Uh, I don’t know, guys. I will consider it, okay?”

“Please do consider it, we miss you in the team!” A tall guy tapped Jessica’s shoulder, the Blonde girl nodded as she smiled, “Yeah, but I can’t promise you guys I can always join the practices…”

“It’s alright, we can reschedule the practices! Really, we need you for the big matches! Okay? Okay! Thanks!” The tall guy chuckled as he and his friends left Jessica while giving Jessica a playful flying kiss.

Jessica chuckled as she waved back and turned around to find Sunny, “Team? You’re going to join the boxing club again?”

The older girl shrugged as she walked to the parking lot where Tiffany and Taeyeon waited for them, “How about Soojung?” Sunny leaned in and whispered since they were still in public places. Soojung was still their secret.

“Maybe I will pay more to the daycare so she can stay there longer at some days…” Sunny frowned, “Really, Sica? Soojung needs her Umma, Sica, not another hours in daycare.”

Now it was time for Jessica to frown, “But… How about the boxing club? I’ve ever promised them to join again after all the exams and now the exams are done, what should I say to them?”

“Say that your Mom doesn’t allow you.”

“And what if they ask? Why doesn’t Mom allow me?”

“Hmm… Because your friends from that club bring bad influence to you?” Jessica raised one of her brows to Sunny, Sunny was her best friend, but never once she ever heard Sunny talked bad about her other friends.

Jessica stopped and looked at Sunny, “Sorry. Bad what?”

“Bad influence, oh come on Sica, let me be honest to you, I’m not blind, I’ve seen things you do with them. I mean, I also go to the club but once in a while not almost every day like they do.”

Now they were already at the parking lot, staring at each other, trying to not get into fight but their tones had becoming quite higher.

Jessica stated, “Well, they taught me how to have fun.”

Sunny replied as quick as it was said, “That’s not having fun, Sica. You know it.”

“Sunny, you are my best friend, I believe you. But, it doesn’t mean that you can tell me what to do and who to befriend with.”

Sunny raised both of her hands, “Okay, you do whatever you want. I was just telling you the truth.”

“Well, thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Then silence filled the atmosphere between them until Taeyeon and Tiffany came to them.

Taeyeon pecked Sunny’s cheek and Tiffany smiled to Jessica, “Jessi! I think I will join Taeyeon in music club for the next semester, great, isn’t it?”

Jessica nodded, “Yes it is, I was about to join boxing club too, actually.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon shouted at the same time, “Don’t!”

Jessica looked at the two in annoyed expression, “First Sunny, now you two, what’s wrong?”

Taeyeon got a squeeze on her hand by Sunny, she squeezed back as she looked at Jessica, “You know what’s wrong with them, Sica.”

“I’m different now, I can always make time to study now, can’t you guys believe me?” Jessica took turn in looking at Sunny, Taeyeon and Tiffany.

“I do believe you but I don’t think we can believe your friends from there.” Again, Sunny said what was in her mind.

Jessica looked at Sunny, “Sunny-ah, thank you for worrying me but I’ll be fine.”

Sunny sighed then smiled, “Okay then. Sorry for just now.”

Jessica smiled warmly as she pulled Sunny into a hug, “It’s alright, I’m sorry too.”

They patted each other’s back then pulled away to their respective girlfriend, “Wait, Tiff, music club, is it busy?”

“I don’t know, why?”

“Because maybe I will need you at times to fetch Soojung… Hehehe.” Jessica showed the practice schedule she got from the tall guy before, it was quite packed in every afternoon – evening.

Tiffany got her eyes widened, “Jessi, don’t you think it’s a bit too busy? I mean, when will you have time for Soojung?”

Jessica grinned, “I can play with her when it’s night, Tiff.”

Tiffany got silenced, she didn’t want to ruin Jessica’s happy moments, she knew that Jessica might be missing be a normal student, especially because Soojung was still a secret for her. But really, she got worried about how will Soojung faced it?

Her-always-there-for-her-24-hour-a-day suddenly missing for a reason that she might not understand yet, now Tiffany was really worried.

She looked at driving Jessica beside her, ‘Just please don’t let me down, Jessi. The exams are done but not with tests from my Father.’

-

Jessica and Tiffany were walking hand in hand to the front door of the daycare, they swung their intertwined hands childishly, “Gosh, you’re so childish, Tiff.”

“It was you who started it, Jessi.” Tiffany stopped swinging and squeezed Jessica’s hand as hard as she could.

“Aaw! Tiff, why? That hurts!” Jessica looked at Tiffany while Tiffany was just gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter