Cousins

My Single Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

Hand in hand, wearing couple sunglasses, two petite girls made their ways into Jung’s residence. A Butler followed them with a trolley full of food, while the others held crates of sodas and beers.

“Sica…” Sunny stared at her best friend in horror while Taeyeon was already putting her sunglasses off, “Whoa, soul, what happened…?”

The mentioned girl just scoffed, she was sure that her best friends were going to make fun of her. But she was wrong, Taeyeon and Sunny really looking at her, intensely, “Seriously what happened?”

She was suspicious, well, it was clearly a joke but the dandyu took it seriously. Not knowing how to explain, Jessica pointed to the mad Doctor and crazy nurse for the day, with a nod by her chin. Jinri and Soojung.

Yes, with Tiffany’s help, they could tie Jessica down and with Julia’s help they found roller bandages, then mummy Sica was what happened after that.

Taeyeon stared at Jessica in pity, she walked to her best friend then held her hand, “I know this is hard, but you can face this.”

“Huh?”

“We all pray for you, Sica-ah.” Sunny added while she sat on the floor, just right beside Jessica’s leg on the couch. She put an arm on the Jung’s leg.

“No, this isn’t serious, Soojung and Jinri are playing doctor and nurse and I happen to be the patient…” Jessica tried to explain but Taeyeon and Sunny shook their heads, even Taeyeon now leaned her forehead on the top of her girlfriend’s shoulder, sobbing, “Our best friend is dying… Look at her body, all covered with bandages, and she was tied too, she must be mentally sick…”

Jessica stared at them with an unreadable expression, “Guys, this is all just a joke, a game… I’m healthy…”

But Sunny bit her lips, shaking her head then touched Jessica’s arm gently as if she was really fragile and badly in pain, “No, it’s okay, Sica. We will accompany you until your last breath…”

The girl who lied on the couch got all blank, “I… I… TIFFANY! EXPLAIN TO THESE STUPID MIDGETS!”

Tiffany, who was helping Julia at the moment, ran there and found her girlfriend ranting but she couldn’t find anything wrong in the room, “What’s wrong, Jessi?”

“They were accusing me to…”

But in less than second the duo’s shoulders started shaking, then their laughs filled the living room, “PUAHAHAHAHHAHA!”

“Well?” Tiffany demanded an explanation but all she could see was Taeyeon played with Sunny and Jessica, look so unreasonable for calling her there.

“Wait, they were SOBBING over me! They thought I was dying! Yah! Midgets, tell Tiffany the truth!” Jessica used her hand to push Taeyeon’s shoulder, but the latter raised one of her brow, “What? I was talking to Sunny.”

“Jessi, you might not know but I was BAKING a cake which will be presented and having your families to taste, you will be dead if the cake fails to impress them.” With beads of sweat ran on Tiffany’s temple were obvious, Jessica gulped. Her girlfriend was really busy before she called her.

Then Tiffany inhaled deeply before going back into the kitchen, baking with Julia.

Sniffs woke Jessica up from her imagination, “Our best friend is dying… *sob*”

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!” Taeyeon and Sunny laughed at their revenge.

“Now you know how it is to bug our y time, right…?” Jessica snickered but heaved as soon as Soojung showed up with a glass of dark liquid, “Umma, dlrrink youlrr medicine.”

Jinri showed up with a straw, “As soon as you are ready, Unnie.” Then the two giggled. At some point Jessica saw the giggle as evil……….

Jessica flailed her hands in the air when Taeyeon and Sunny left them, “Yah guys! At least help me explain to these kids that I don’t need medicine! YAH!”

But the couple walked away, “Let’s prepare the meats for tonight.” Taeyeon took the plastic full of beefs and lambs.

Sunny nodded as she took the other plastic, containing vegetables, “Yes, I think I saw the grills in the kitchen.”

Even her best friends betrayed her, Jessica gulped harder as Soojung was now beside her, handing her the glass, “Umma, heeelre.”

The smile on Soojung’s face got wider as Jessica took the glass, she sniffed it and exhaled in relief, it was just coke.

She drank it but as soon as the liquid touched , she spat it back, “PWEH! What is it?!”

Jinri and Soojung ran after doing a high five then gone within seconds.

“YAH! WHAT’S WITH THIS EVENING?! MY GOD THEY USED SOY SAUCE!??” Jessica saw an opened bottle on the table and sighed, ‘Who taught you to be that smartly evil, brat………’

Jessica didn’t realize that she herself who taught her daughter. Time to taste your own MEDICINE, right?

Tiffany watched all of the ruckuses with a giggle, then she continued baking with her soon to be mother in law while shaking her head. She didn’t know whether she had to be proud of smart Soojung or to be mad, that girl was incredibly confusingly cute.

 

-

Sounds of meats on the grills filled the garden that evening, Taeyeon was standing behind the grills with Sunny helping her with the ingredients and sauces.

Delicious aroma started to fill the garden as the guests started crowding with plates in their hands.

“First meat, medium rare, especially made for Mrs. Jung Tae Hee as our gratitude to have us here.” With a smile Tae Hee thanked the danshins then made her way to the table, ready to enjoy the first meat that Taeyeon grilled for her, then she thanked Sunny who brought her many choices of sauces that she could choose. But in the end, as classy as she was, she chose mushroom sauce.

Taeyeon continued served the guests and even joked with them, with her dork personality she quickly made friends with Nicole, Hyoyeon, Hyung Don and even Kyung Ho smiled to her.

Yoona and Seohyun were also helping Taeyeon, Seohyun helped with the placing the meats on the plates while Yoona helping Taeyeon in checking the meats if they got overcooked. With chewing here and there, these and those, of course. never stopped chewing, anyway.

Meanwhile the parents of Nicole and Hyung Don’s wife liked Sunny better, since Sunny was really nice to elders and knew how to act in front of them.

Hyung Don’s sons, Yunho and Yong Hwa chose to hang out with Jessica, Soojung and Jinri. They were goofing around as Soojung and Jinri listened carefully, they didn’t really understand but whenever the trio laughed, they followed, and whenever the trio frowned at someone’s story, they followed too.

But basically they just understood some, nevertheless, Yong Hwa and Yunho liked Soojung and Jinri.

“Never thought that you’re gay, couz.” Yong Hwa, finally said what was in his mind, well, Nicole was different, Nicole was older than them since Jung Hye Rim married in such young age while James, as the oldest and a man, got married later. So basically, Yong Hwa was the closest to Jessica by age, but Yunho and Yong Hwa didn’t live in Korea, that was why they and Jessica didn’t hang out much, but whenever they were at family parties, they got along pretty well.

Different story with Yunho, Yunho was calmer and unlike Yong Hwa, he was more like a listener, and with Jessica who also didn’t talk really much, they got along when they played together in their younger ages. These days, they knew each others’ presences but they still didn’t talk much.

“You expect me to like your kind, Yong?” The guy who could sing well laughed, “What do you mean by my kind? My kind is nice.”

“Oooh, you’re a gay too?” Yong Hwa laughed again and Yunho smiled, “No, I’m not. But seriously, I never thought that you would be one. Well, you like boxing, you played soccer, but, I really didn’t think that you are like that.”

“Well, it just happens, Yong.”

“Yes, I guess it just happens. I don’t have anything against you but yeah, you know, society doesn’t think that way. I was surprised too actually, but I guess I will work hard to accept you and your….that.” Beside that Yong Hwa barely could recognize Tiffany, Yong Hwa had slight problem with same- relationship.

“My girlfriend?”

“Yeah, your…that. Oh come on, it needs process to accept you have that, Sica.” Still couldn't say it in nicer way, Yong Hwa furrowed his brow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter