Broke or Broken Baby?

Everybody Loves Sehuna

 

Chapter Fourteen: Broke or Broken, Baby?

Word Count: 1800+  

♡♡♡

Ever since little, Kris had been a little selfish. Her parents are the owners of a big company, and therefore she had grown up in a wealthy envoirment. During her childhood she was constantly reminded about how many riches they have and her parents would always be telling her that she never has to worry about money. She grew up surronded by wads of cash. Although it sounds great, it's actually bad. Kris has always thrown aroundcash as if they were nothing meanwhile others would kill to have what she has.

Her parents tried to warn her that she must be a little more cautious. They might be rich, even so, their money is limited. But she was already so used to getting everything she wants that there was no way stopping her now. Her parents taught it was too late. They only had one way left. Turns out, this way might be the right road to drive on. 

Kris laid in her bed, crying her heart out. After she had came home from school she had recieved a phone call from her stupid parents. They were tired of her acting like a spoiled baby, but she's not! They were tired about her attitude and how she always gets bad grades, but who cares? They had decided to punish her and Kris has not been punished since she was around eight! She's not used to this behavior. And that's how she ended up in tears.

Layla who happened to pass by the room on the way to her own, heard sobbing coming inside from the room. Tao's at her material arts class, so then it must be Kris who's crying. But why? Layla knit her brows together, why is everyone getting their in a bunch and being whiny crybabies? Normally, Tao's always the one crying since he's very sensitive.

Layla had a feeling that maybe somethin really bad has happened. Should she go in there? What if she's only crying over Ace again? But the wailing got only louder and Layla knew that she will never succeed with her studying if this goes on. I can't believe I'm actually going in there to console her!

She's going to chop Kris' tongue off if she's crying over Ace, again. She went inside the room and saw Kris' being all sulky and depressed under the bed sheets. "Hey, Kris! It's Layla here, are you okay?" She worried.

"Don't you be concerned over me, Layla! You go have some fun with your girlfriend and enjoy your life while you can!" 

"Okay, if you insist—"

"What?" Kris disposed of her sheets and jumped out of bed. "You're not going to try harder? You're going to give up so easily?"

She would have defended herself, but this, she was not prepared for this. Her hands covered as she surpressed her laughter. It would be inappropriate in a moment when Kris is being so serious. She hoped that she wouldn't offend Kris, but of course, the latter got pissed.

"Are you mocking me now?" Layla shook her head. "Then why aren't you answering me? You're making fun of me, no?"

Layla shook her repeatedly times while pointing at Kris' hair. She frowned in confusion and picked up her phone from the night table to check out apperance. What can possible be wrong with my apperance— oh. my. god.

"What happened? Is someone is building a birds nest out of my hair? Layla, do something!" Kris demanded. Layla had to come up with something fast. She snapped her fingers, earing a hopeful glance from Kris. "What did you come up with?" She wondered.

"We haven't been there for a long time, so how about you and I go to Hyoyeon Sunbae and Taeyeon Sunbae's hairsalon? I think that a new hairstyle would be good for us, how about you?" Layla suggested.

Kris hesitated. She can't really go now that she has no money. "I'm broke, baby."

"What?" Layla couldn't surpress her laughter anymore. She guffawed so hard that her stomach began aching and when she finally calmed down, around two hours later, (okay actually two minutes but Kris is a overdramatic drama queen, duh) she forced herself to stop and continue the conversation. "You would never go broke! You're Kris Wu for gods sake!"

"Does this sound as something I would joke about?" Kris countered, sending Layla a dirty glare.

"Maybe not, but don't you have your credit cards?" Layla asked.

"No."

"Then you must have some spare money in your wallet!" She persisted.

"I hate having small coins, they're annoying! I might have around five dollars, but they're emergency money."

"I cannot believe that this is true, you really are broke, huh? That must be awful. I mean, I personally believe it's worse being rich and then becoming poor, rather than always being poor. When you're used to a lifestyle full of riches, isn't it hard when you suddenly have all your money taken away?"

"Precisely! I'm not used to having to work and stuff like that. My parents think that my grades are bad, and until I improve them, I'm broke," she explained.

"Well, your grades are pretty bad. You should have seen it coming," Layla reasoned.

Kris groaned and fell back down on her bed. "You're my friend! What kind of motivation is that? Ugh. I know that I should have seen it coming. But my parents are being delusional. I will never improve my grades, this is who I am! So what if I can't get a proper job? I can live on my daddy's money."

"Like Paris Hilton?"

"Nope, I am tots more fab than Paris Hilton." Kris tossed her ugly, bedhair. "Anyhow, that's why I was crying. My life is so hard."

"But don't you want to do something with your own life? Your parents are just worrying that maybe one day you will get tired of shopping. Shopping isn't a lifestyle. And that day when you realize you would like a special career, you might not be able to pursue that career," Layla expressed he concern. "Don't you think about the future?"

"Of course I do!" Kris laughed. "It's not like I'm afraid of the future or anything, so bring it on! I will never get tired of shopping!"

"If you say so," Layla plopped down next to Kris on the bed. "If you want to have good grades, you should let Sehuna tutor you."

Kris considered the idea, actually, it's not all too bad. Sehuna's really smart, and if Kris spend plenty of time with her, some of her smartness might rub off on Kris! This is going to be great.

♡♡♡

Lulu stormed inside the house, kicked off her shoes, and lazily walked inside the living room. She jumped on the sofa, and buried her head inside one of the pillows. Chen, who had decided not to join Minnie and Sookyung, was occupied with playing an intense video game battle against Channie and Baekhyuna who were just as determined as her to win.

"This is unacceptable!" Lulu scowled, trying to get their attention.

"What did Jonghyun do this time?" Channie asked, her eyes still focused on the television screen while talking.

Lulu knit her eyebrows together. Do all of her friends really think that it's always Jonghyun she's thinking about when she's upset? She knows that she often talks about him, but she has a life that doesn't surrond Jonghyun too, you know.

"Jonghyun's innocent. I spent the whole afternoon with him until it got dark outside, unless he and Lulu met afterwards, which I doubt, he didn't do it." Baekhyuna didn't want Jonghyun to be falsely accused for anything he had not done. The girls are already bashing him like crazy. "But since it is not him, what is unacceptable Lulu?"

"Donghae Oppa is!"

"And who is this Donghae dude?" Chen questioned.

"Hey, what if that dude is a dudette?" Channie stuck her tongue out, pausing the game so they could pay fullest attention to Xi Lulu. "I think you've mentioned Donghae before, but this story is probably new!"

"I'll tell you then," she beamed proudly. "Donghae and I were childhood friends. He used to push me on the swings, and he would give me sweet encouraging hugs whenever I felt sad. We weren't best friends, but we lived in the same neighborhood and our parents were friends. One time, I had won a dance competiton, and he wanted to celebrate with me so he baked me congratulation cookies but they were burnt." She giggled.

"And then?" Baekhyuna cocked a brow.

"And then what?"

"What happened after that? He broke your heart? He turned out to be gay? He was actually a e? Where's the dramatic plot twist?" Channie demanded.

"Nothing more. We were childhood friends and he was a nice guy. I even had a cute little crush on him. We grew apart through the years and couldn't speak as often. I haven't seen him for a long while now, and I met him today. We were supposed to eat dinner together, but then he ditched me! I'm so mad at him." Lulu frowned.

"And there's the twist. All of Lulu's love stories have one," Chen grinned.

"The drama queen can't be a drama queen without drama, right?" Baekhyuna snickered.

"We have to admit that it's a very lame twist though," Chen said.

Lulu grabbed a pillow and chucked it at Baekhyuna's head. It missed and hit the wall instead. "I don't care what you think. I just hope Sehuna will come home in time for our meeting. It's in one hour, remember!" She reminded.

"Can I join?" Channie asked, curious about this secret meeting that they're speaking of.

"NO!" The two girls chorused.

♡♡♡

Tuesday

"As I have informed you, your korean test will not be too diffuclt so that you can give more attention to other subjects. The key to the success is focus and practice, so remember to practice spelling at home and read as many books as possible!" Changmin talked about the test again. "If you need any help, I'm gladly willing too."

He flashed one of his dazzling smiles, making almost every heart of every girl in class flutter. Sehuna fumbled with her fingers. She really admires Changmin. He's such a inspirational teacher, and kind-hearted too, not to forget to mention that he's handsome. She's not sure what it is, but there's something about Changmin, something special.

The school bell rung, signaling that class is over. She had been lost in thought and not heard his last few words, however, she wasn't exactly scared that she would fail now or anything. The test is quite simple, and she can conclude that, without reading it.

"Ah, well there goes the bell. You may all leave now."

Everyone cheered and practically ran out of the room after bowing and thanking Mr.Shim for class. Sehuna gave Jonginna a smile, but Jonginna ignored her and ran out of the classroom, heading who-knows-where. She's still mad. Changmin, noticed this, and gestured for Sehuna to come and talk with him.

"Go to our next class before me, okay?" Sehuna instructed her friend.

"It's lunch, but sure. You have fun with Mr.Shim and I'll hold a seat for you!" Tao wiggled her eyebrows and ran out of the room before Sehuna could smack her with her korean book.

Sehuna walked up to Changmin and bowed politely meanwhile he sat down on his teacher's desk. His warm smile was scorching hot and she had to remind herself that she's looking into the eyes of her teacher, not someone in her own age. Then again, his eyes are really beautiful. Everything about him is wow.

"Jonginna is still giving you a hard time?" He questioned. Sehuna nodded, her facial expression saddening. He patted her shoulder and his warm smile turned even more comforting."Give her more time and she'll mature. Sometimes, flowers will take long time to grow, but the result in the end will be worth the wait."

"Thank you Teacher Shim, erh. I mean, Changmin! I'm really fortunate to have such a caring teacher who watches out for me but you don't have to do so. I don't want you to feel burdened with my stupid teenage dilemmas." She forced herself to smile, but her smile was rather depressed.

Changmin's grip around her shoulder tigthened. "You are correct. A teacher shouldn't be meddling in his students personal lives to this amount. However, after class, I consider myself as your friend and not your teacher. And as your friend, I have all the right to be concerned about your well-being."

"T-thank you," she stammered.

"Let's discuss this over lunch. I also want you to tell me about what inspires your poems. Do you have time this Saturday? Or maybe your busy with studying?" 

"I'm not busy! I've been preparing for a long time already," she laughed nervously.

"Don't overwork yourself. I'll talk with you later, alright?" He grinned. She nodded eagerly, bowed, and approached the exit. "Oh! And one more thing, Sehuna! What do you think about dancing?"

"It's okay."

"If you're interested, you should apply for the SM High's female dance group! Jonginna is auditioning, and if you both get on the team you'll be spending an unavoidable amount of time together. It would be a great advantage and make it much easier for you to mend your broken friendship with your cousin. It's a good oppurtunity, and if you're interested, I'll put in a good word for you."

"Thank you, Changmin," she bowed again. "I'll hear from you soon."

A/N:

"I consider myself as your friend and not your teacher."

TEACHER X STUDENT RELATIONSHIP I AM WARNING YOU. 

Nah, I suppose that would be un fair towards poor Lulu. T ^ T

Anyhow, enough with my chit-chat! Have a good evening/day/morning/night!