Jonghyun’s Revenge Part 2

Everybody Loves Sehuna
 

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Jonghyun’s Revenge Part 1

Word Count: 2700+      

♡♡♡

 

Baekhyuna walked with slow, slow steps. She didn't know why but she had a nauseous feeling haunting her body and mind the entire ride to the school.

 

However, she felt better after convincing herself she's only feeling bad because she's worried about Jonghyun. But why did Jonghyun want to meet her at school so late anyway?

 

What kind of emergency could he have encountered, and what could she do in such a situation to help him? 

 

Maybe I should turn around and tell him I can't make it, Baekhyuna thought, no that would be lying and lying is bad. Still, their entire relationship is a lie. She seduced him for revenge, yet he's actually a decent guy.

 

He made her heart beat. Her emotions weren't genuine or an ounch of sincere in the beginning, but she must admit that he's grown on her. Their hands fit really nice together and he smells nice, too.

 

No, focus on revenge, Baekhyuna! Baekhyuna nodded and sauntered forward with newfound confidence. If she gets punished for this later, she'll pay the price, but now her goal's too close for her to give up. She has to play the role of his supportive and innocent candy girlfriend.

 

And to do so, she must come whenever he needed her.

 

"Jonghyun, are you here?" Baekhyuna entered the school yard's recess area where Jonghyun told her he'd be. 

 

The nauseous feeling pumped through the blood in her veins. He told her to come, he wouldn't ditch her, right?

 

There's no way he would. He's here. He's not here. He's definitely here. He's defnitely not here.

 

"Jonghyun, if you're playing a prank on me, this isn't funny!" Baekhyuna shouted. "What's the emergency?"

 

Baekhyuna's eyes darted around the darkness. She saw shadows, danger lurking behind every corner.

 

"I'm scared," she whimpered. She sat down pulling her knees up to her chest and hugging them. "And alone."

 

"No, no you're not." A bright light shone into her eyes. She covered her eyes with her hands, squinting her eyes so that she could see the person who had spoken and at the same time hide from the bright light. "Sorry."

 

The flashlight was directed away from Baekhyuna's eyes and Krystal Jung stepped out of the shadows.

 

"What's up, Baekhyuna? What are you doing on school grounds during this time?" Krystal questioned.

 

She reached her hand forward, a hand which Baekhyuna accepted, and Krystal helped her up.

 

"I-I was looking for Jonghyun." Baekhyuna released Krystal's hand. "Thank you."

 

"No prob."

 

"So, what were you doing here?" Baekhyuna asked. "Are you alone?"

 

Krystal shrugged. "I came to pick up a few books I forgot. So yeah, I'm alone." Krystal looked around. "I can't see Jonghyun anywhere. Didn't you say you came here to see him?" Krystal wore a menacing smile.

 

Baekhyuna was too shaken up to notice the icy smile. "He told me he had an emergency."

 

"I haven't seen him though. What a naughty boyfriend you have." Krystal grinned, spinning around in a circle. "Oh, wait!" She dramatically paused. "On second thought, I actually did see him."

 

"Really? Where? When?"

 

"Really. There. Now." 

 

Krystal pointed forward and Baekhyuna noticed her boyfriend leaning against a tree.

 

"Jonghyun, there you are! What happened?" Baekhyuna prepared herself to rush over to Jonghyun.

 

She took one step, and Krystal reached her foot forward, making Baekhyuna fall to the ground.

 

"Oups," Krystal exclaimed, "my bad."

 

"I'm alright." Baekhyuna new Krystal had done so on purprose, but she didn't bother to make a scene in front of Jonghyun and ignored Krystal's immature, rude behavior. "Jonghyun, could you give me a hand?" Baekhyuna looked at her boyfriend with pleading eyes.

 

"Well.... I could." Jonghyun approached Baekhyuna with a weird expression on his face. Knots tied in Baekhyuna's stomach. "That doesn't mean I will, of course." 

 

He wrapped and arm around Krystal's waist. Krystal's brown eyes bore into Baekhyuna's soul, a smile lingering in the corner of her lips.

 

"We wouldn't want to ruin all the fun, you see," he finished.

 

"W-what do you mean?" Baekhyuna asked.

 

"She's so dense." Krystal faked a pout. She leaned towards Jonghyun's chest. "Right, right?"

 

"Right, babe."

 

Baekhyuna grimaced. Babe? What's the meaning of this!? Baekhyuna prepared to stand up when Krystal gave her a light kick. The kick didn't really hurt but it was strong enough to push her down on the ground again.

 

"Ha-hah!" Krystal laughed, pointing one of her manicured fingers on Baekhyuna. "Say something, aren't you mad? Aren't you mad?" She mocked. 

 

"Get away from my boyfriend." Baekhyuna glared possesively at Krystal. She's not the type to get jealous or possesive, but she would never let Krystal get away with this crap. Not ever.

 

"What boyfriend? You don't have one, I don't see one." Krystal shook her head.

 

"Jonghyun, you have some explaining to do later. Understood?" 

 

"Oh you mean this boyfriend? Why didn't you say so earlier?" Krystal gave Jonghyun a small kiss on the cheek. Baekhyuna felt her heart breaking into pieces. "Sorry, but this hottie's mine now."

 

What a clingy who−

 

"I think you're the one who has to explain, also, I'm not your boyfriend anymore," he spat.

 

"I don't understand. What did I do wrong?"Tears brimmed in the corner of Baekhyuna's eyes. He didn't find out about the plan, did he? Although it's almost impossible she couldn't remember doing anything else. She bit her tongue and the pain distracted her from the overhelming sadness.

 

"I'm not an idiot, Byun Baekhyuna, I know you and Lulu planned to take revenge on me," Jonghyun said. Baekhyuna sighed. So he really did find out. "You thought the plan was fool-proof, huh?"

 

"Did you seriously think the Kim Jonghyun could be tamed by you two average girls?" Krystal rolled her eyes. "Even the most dumbest person on earth would have eventually figured it out, you know. You were so obvious to the degree where it gets embarrasing."

 

Krystal's finger poked Baekhyuna between her eyebrows.

 

Baekhyuna's brows furrowed. Krystal's moves, her actions, her revolting laughter, everything irritated Baekhyuna. Not only because she was jealous and ashamed, but also because she knew that what they were saying was digusting, yet true.

 

"I'm not that kind of person though," Baekhyuna pleaded. "I really did start to like you, Jonghyun!"

 

"What your intentions were in the end doesn't matter," Jonghyun scoffed and pulled Krystal closer. "You're not even good enough to be my leftovers. Just like Lulu, you won't even let me get into your pants. Ugly ."

 

Baekhyuna stood up, her legs shaking. She didn't want to hear anymore.

 

"I wanted to humilate you, make a fool of you just like you wanted to do to Jonghyun." Krystal, the , wasn't even shy to admit what kind of person she was. "Still, my boyfriend over here thought this would be enough. If I got my way, I would have taped this or made him break up with you in front of the entire school."

 

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

 

She wanted to yell. She didn't like how Krystal called him her boyfriend. Didn't they have mercy? Couldn't they just live her alone? Or they could hit her, as long as they stopped with all the glaring and the mean words. The mean words that slowly creeped into her head and marked themselves.

 

"Don't get me wrong. I don't care about you at all now that I have Krystal." Jonghyun's hand affectionately brushed Krystal's porcelain cheek. "But this is enough of revenge for me, more would only be a hassle." 

 

"I.... I'm sorry." Baekhyuna bowed her head. The embarrasment was un bearable, yet she knew he deserved a proper apology for her un forgivable actions. "Thank you for the punishment."

 

"And now she's thanking us? Now I know why she caught your interest, even if it was only for a short time!" Krystal clasped her hands together. "She's an obedient, loyal, slobby little dog! What a good girl." Krystal mocked Baekhyuna in a cutesy voice.

 

The dictionary didn't have enough words or synonyms to describe the hatred Baekhyuna felt for Krystal in that moment. She bowed her head again and turned around to walk away, as bravely as she could possibly manage.

 

Every step was heavier than the other, and to make things even worse, the rain started to pour down.

 

She didn't know which was heavier. The rain or her tears.

 

 

♡♡♡

 

 

 

The girls had finished their dinner although they weren't in a very good mood. They returned back home, all still worried about Baekhyuna's well-being but decided that Channie would be there to help her. Lulu, however, felt the most apologetic towards Sehuna.

 

"Sorry that our little party didn't work out," Lulu apologized.

 

"Don't worry, I had fun." Sehuna smiled. "I hope Baekhyuna's okay though."

 

"That doesn't matter," Lulu spoke without thinking. "Do you mind taking a beach walk with me?"

 

Sehuna looked skeptical but relucantly nodded her head. Lulu and Sehuna put on a coat before heading for the exit. However, something or rather somebody was blocking the door.

 

"Hey, Min-Min, what do you want?" Lulu hadn't called Minnie by her nickname for months. The name almost sounded un familiar in Minnie's ears and it took her a while to register that Lulu had spoken to her.

 

"I need to talk with you for a second."

 

"Okay, then say it."

 

"Alone."

 

Lulu pouted. "Alrighties, Sehuna, go ahead."

 

Sehuna looked relucant again but nodded. Minnie let the taller girl pass by and once she had completely left, she opened to speak.

 

"I heard you and Sehuna talking. How can you be so heartless?" Minnie asked.

 

"Heartless?"

 

"You're acting like a damn little brat," Minnie spat. "That doesn't matter. Sorry our little party didn't work out."

 

"Okay, I spoke a bit without thinking. So what? Baekhyuna's gonna be fine." Lulu tied her shoes at the same time as she talked, thus not seeing the hatred and betrayal reflected in Minnie's eyes.

 

"I've had enough, this isn't the Lulu I used to be friends with!" Minnie raised her voice. 

 

She couldn't control herself and slapped Lulu across the cheek.

 

"Used to be friends with? We're still friends." Lulu didn't even react or flinch.

 

Minnie clenched her fists. "You can't be serious? Friendship isnt just a title, it's a responsibility and you haven't accepted yours." Her teeth gnashed against each other. "If you really are my friend, then start acting like it."

 

Minnie violently brushed past Lulu, their shoulders knocking against each other. If she stayed with Lulu for as much as one more second, the little slap she gave would have been the least of damage.

 

♡♡♡

 

 

Baekhyuna had to stop and take shelter from the rain. She stopped at an abandoned bus stop, sitting down on the bench. Somedays, you're the luckiest person in the world; other days, everything goes wrong.

 

"Hey, if it isn't Byun Baekhyuna?"

 

This day only keeps getting worse and worse.

 

"Hey, Hyun Woo." She didn't have the energy to with mean nicknames. She brushed away her tears before peeking at him with piercing eyes. He looked awfully casual in a pair of blue torn jeans, a black hoodie and red converse.  "Are you caught in the rain, too?" She asked.

 

Hyun Woo's eyes wrinkled. "Y-you're not going to bully me?" 

 

Baekhyuna shook her head. "I'm not in the mood."

 

"Byun Baekhyuna's not in the mood to bully me? This is new!" He happily beamed. "Oh and to anwser your question, I just went out for a night walk. I really love romantic walks in the rain." 

 

"Nerd." She smiled.

 

"There's that annoying smile of yours I hate so much," Hyun Woo laughed. He folded his umbrella and took a seat next to Baekhyuna. "Do you mind a little company?" 

 

"Do what you want."

 

"So, do you wanna talk about whatever happened?" Hyun Woo threw her an almost worried glance. "Or am I allowed to automatically assume this has something to do with Kim Jonghyun?"

 

"Yes, Kim Jonghyun's involved." She sighed, "but it's actually my fault." 

 

"Really?"

 

"Can I tell you a secret, Hyun Woo?" She asked.

 

And then she began to spill out all of her emotions as he listened. He just listened. He wasn't there to judge or soothe her. He wasn't there to tell her if she was wrong or right.

 

Only to listen. And she suddenly felt like maybe things weren't going to be that awful. Maybe she and Jonghyun, not together, would be better than when they were combined. 

 

She spoke her heart out and once she had finished, she had a question to ask Hyun Woo.

 

"Aren't you disgusted by my actions?" 

 

"No." He shook his head. "I understand. I can't say I think you did the right thing, but I don't think you're too be blamed either. You became a victim in this situation as well." He said. "You built your own spider web, expecting to tangle up others, but in the end you got stuck, too." 

 

"Don't speak in metaphors," she laughed. Her laughter wasn't happy, it was emotionless, but it did make her feel a little better. "Thank you for listening. Sometimes, you can be of use." 

 

"I know," he proudly said.

 

"Don't misunderstand though, this isn't the beginning of a friendship or anything!"

 

They laughed in unision at her outburst. Hyun Woo offered to walk her home and Baekhyuna accepted his offer, un aware of the girl who was staring at them with glazed eyes.

 

 

♡♡♡

 

 

Lulu blankly stared at the ocean. "Sehuna, do you think I'm a brat?" Her question was random, un expected.

 

"I-I'm not sure, why do you ask?" Sehuna avoided answering Lulu's question. "Do you think you are?"

 

"Minnie told me I'm a brat today and she slapped my cheek. She says I'm acting like I don't even care about Baekhyuna's broken heart, or her own heart." Lulu bitterly smiled and stuffed her hands inside of her pockets. 

 

For a moment she almost looked insecure. Vulnerable. Regretful. Had she taken Minnie's harsh words to heart?

 

"And do you agree with her?" Sehuna asked.

 

"I don't know, what's the does 'brat' mean anyway?" Lulu laughed, half-heartedly.

 

"I'd tell you the dictionary's definition of brat, but I don't think that's what you're looking for."

 

Sehuna's words made Lulu laugh thought they were clearly not intended as a joke. Lulu sat down on the sand, not caring about her outfit getting dirty, and patted the spot near to her. Sehuna didn't hesitate and sat down. 

 

"They knew who I was from the moment we became friends," Lulu said. 

 

"Go on," Sehuna encouraged, staring up in to the sky.

 

"I'm an adventurer. I get bored of my playmates once we've played for too long." Lulu's head rested against Sehuna's shoulder. "Sehuna, when you were young, did you play with dolls?"

 

"Maybe not as much as other little girls, but yes, I occasionally did," Sehuna said.

 

"Wouldn't you get bored of your toy after a few months when everyone got new shiny barbie dolls, and you still have your old one?" Lulu asked. "Wouldn't you want the new, shinier model?"

 

Sehuna's eyes narrowed for a moment as she contemplated her choices in the situation. Would she want a new pretty doll, or keep her old used one? Once she finished thinking, her eyes directed back up into the sky. 

 

"I'd beg and plead my parents for the newest doll." 

 

"Yeah! This is the exact same―"

 

"− but my new doll wouldn't be a replacement or a substitute," Sehuna continued, "just an addition."

 

"What do you mean?" Sehuna's response had confused the older female. "I don't get it."

 

"I can make new memories with my new doll, but I still wouldn't want to throw away the memories I had made with my old doll." Sehuna bashfully grinned as she continued to talk. "My new doll would be an addition, and we could all be friends and play together." 

 

Lulu's head removed itself from Sehuna's shoulder and she cast her eyes downwards to look at her hands. If Sehuna's her new doll, and Minnie her old doll... did Lulu let Sehuna replace Minnie? N-no, no way!

 

"I don't agree."

 

"I didn't expect you to." Sehuna's bashful smile remained on her face. "I don't expect anything from you, Unnie." Sehuna's hand patted Lulu's head. "You have your opinions and I have mine, we can still be friends."

 

"Best friends," Lulu corrected.

 

"Best friends," Sehuna repeated.

 

"I didn't replace Minnie with you," Lulu said, "you're just a very nice addition." Her body was shaking as she repeated the sentences over and over again. However, Sehuna's calming touch on her head made her relax.

 

"It's a bit chilly out here, don't you think?" Sehuna changed the subject. "I think I'll head inside."

 

"I'll stay for a bit, if you don't mind." Sehuna nodded before turning around to return back to the house.

 

"I really, really like you, Sehuna," Lulu confessed. "I'll never replace you." 

 

Sehuna didn't reply out loud, but in her head, she said words that would have surprised Lulu.

 

I know you won't replace me, because I won't let you.

 

 

 

 

I'm planning on changing the font to verdana, what do you think, is it easier to read?

 

If not, I'll go back to Times New Roman. :)

 

Feedback's appreaciated as always!