Jealousy Is The Ugliest Trait

Everybody Loves Sehuna

 

Chapter Eight: Jealousy Is The Ugliest Trait

Word Count: 1000+  

♡♡♡

"Rise and shine!" Lulu yelled. Sehuna rubbed her sleepy, sore eyes and opened them wide. Lulu hovered over her with a big grin plastered on her face. "Today my revenge will begin! Haha! This is the best day ever!" She danced around the room.

Sehuna tilted her head to the side in confusion. What is happening today? I can't remember anything special! Lulu crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. "Let me guess, you don't remember what day this is?" She asked. Sehuna shook her head. "Do I really have to explain it over again today? I told you yesterday."

Sehuna did her best to remember the previous day. Lulu mentioned something about Baekhyuna going to hang out with Jonghyun at the mall. Is that what she's talking about?

"Oh, now I remember! Baekhyuna's going to hang out with Jonghyun at the mall, but what does that have with you to do?" She asked.

"So naive and innocent. Once upon a time, very long ago, I was just like you. But that was until I met Jonghyun and he corrupted my innocent mind," Lulu clenched her fists. "Anyway, the plan is that Baekhyuna will go out with Jonghyun today! And she has to make sure he LIKES her very much. Then she's going to meet up with him somewhere private, and we and a few others are going to hide and film the whole thing! She'll confess to him and he'll confess back to her, but then— we jump forward and reveal it was a prank!"

Sehuna scrunched her nose and shook her head. "I don't thing we should do that," she disagreed. "I understand that you're upset and want revenge, but don't you think you're going a little too far? Instead you could just—"

"I know what I'm doing," Lulu cut her off. "I can assure you, this plan will work excellently because it was planned by two geniuses: me and Baekhyuna. If you don't want to follow me to the mall and spy on them, then fine. I'll go myself," she huffed and stormed out of the room.

Sehuna felt her chest getting heavier. She knows she did the right thing. She doesn't want to be involved in this whole Jonghyun thing. Especially not since Taemin and Jonghyun are friends, and Taemin never did a thing wrong. Still, Lulu is her best friend. They haven't known eachother for long but Sehuna feels committed to the blondie, like she has to follow everything the girl says.

Sookyung and Jonginna's room

"Jonginna, are you awake?" Sookyung asked, turning around to face Jonginna, lying on her own bed around two meters away from Sookyung's. "I have something I would like to ask you about.."

"Go ahead and ask," Jonginna's tired voice replied.

"I've been wondering, about your friendship with Sehuna. What do you think of her?" Sookyung asked.

Jonginna felt her heart burn. It's always Sehuna this and that ever since she came to SM High. Everybody loves Sehuna. She's only been here for a week but everyone adores the new maknae. Jonginna and Lulu used to be great friends, they would try to sneak into the cinema and steal candy from different stores, all those childish things. But not anymore. Lulu's doing all of those things together with Sehuna now. Jonginna was replaced.

Slowly, even Sookyung is replacing her. When they had that little sleepover, Sookyung went to the kitchen with Sehuna instead of Jonginna. And yesterday at the beach she just held tight onto Sehuna's hand and watched volleyball together. Jonginna didn't want to sound selfish or jealous, even though she is extremly jealous.

That's why she didn't say anything, but Sookyung is her best friend. Sookyung is supposed to know without Jonginna having to say anything. She feels betrayed that Sookyung and everyone else around the dorm seem to slowly forget about her.  

"I don't know. I guess she's okay. I don't really care," Jonginna blurted.

"How can you not care?" Sookyung seemed upset. "She's your cousin and she's really upset that you won't even try to build a friendship about her. She's one of your family members and you should care. Sehuna's a really sweet girl."

"No, she's not!" Jonginna disagreed. "All of you think she's innocent but she's no goddamn angel, okay? Sehuna's trying to look like the victim! She's trying to make me look like the guilty one!" 

Sookyung sighed and rose from her bed. "You're just being silly. I'm going downstairs to make some breakfast. Do you think Sehuna likes eggs?"

"There you go again!" Jonginna groaned. "I'm not staying her to witness this. I'm going out today. Alone."

~

"Thank you for coming here and meeting up with me, Taemin." Jonginna smiled gratefully.

She wasn't in the mood to stay at the dorm all day and watch Sehuna's and Sookyung's lovely friendship. That's why she called her friend Taemin and asked him to meet her at a café. They ordered bubble tea and sat down by a table, waiting to recieve their drinks.

"No problem! I want to escape from my hyungs once in awhile too!" Taemin chuckled. "Anyhow, what happened? What did you fight about?" He asked.

Jonginna's cheeks flushed light pink. I can't tell him I'm jealous of my dongsaeng cousin! "I had an argument with Sookyung earlier this morning." She confessed.

And before she knew it she started ranting about how annoying it is that everyone thinks Sehuna is incredible, and how Sehuna isn't as great as everyone says. She knows it's silly but it felt great to let out all of her feelings. This has been bothering her every since the day Sehuna came and she couldn't tell anyone.

"I'm surprised, Jonginna. I didn't expect you to be so..., mean." Taemin said.

Jonginna gave him a bewildered look. "What? I'm not mean! Sehuna's the mean one!"

"I understand why Sookyung must have been mad at you now. I've talked with Sehuna and she's a really sweet girl. And she's really pretty too, her rainbow hair is super cute!" Taemin smiled.

"So you like her too? All of you love her. Doesn't anyone care about me anymore?" Jonginna frowned.

"Of course we care about you! But you must admit that Sehuna's—"

Jonginna interrupted Taemin's words by pouring her drink over him. Now, chocolate bubble tea was running down his cheeks and dripping from his wet dirty hair. But it didn't run as much as Jonginnas tears.

"I thought we were friends..." She whispered, while making a dramatic exit.

 

A/N:
 
Aww, do you feel bad for Jonginna or do you think Sehuna deserves the attention she gets? Or perhaps Jonginna is overreacting? :o
Please leave a lovely comment ;)
<3333