Minnie's Not So Perfect Love Story

Everybody Loves Sehuna

 

Chapter Thirteen: Minnie's Not So Perfect Love Story

Word Count: 2500+ 

♡♡♡

MINNIE'S P.O.V

Boys. I don't know what's the big fuss about them. Some guys are pretty handsome, I'll admit. And some make really good friends. I'm not interested in them in that way though. I always thought I just hadn't found the right one yet. I would watch K-Dramas all alone at night, hugging myself and crying to sleep because my favorite couple didn't end up with eachother. Back to the main topic, I thought that watching romantic drama's would help me to realize why guys don't like me. I thought I could find an ideal type, and be that type.

I was wrong though. Soon, I realized that it's not them, it's me. Okay, maybe I can blame them A LITTLE. But in the end, it's mostly just me, I guess. Anyhow, I wasted a lot of time on stupid korean dramas and they gave me no answer, so now I hate them. (I still watch them in secret though) I could have been out playing my favorite sport, soccer, but no, I WASTED TIME ON DRAMAS.

I'll get over my rant and continue; the point is that I thought that maybe the problem is my feminity. I would look at famous actresses in magazines and compare them with myself. I thought that if I became more like them, then boys would like me.

In highschool I met three of the most important people in the world to me, Chen Chen, Suhonnie and Baby Lu. In highschool it had hit me that it's not guys who dislike me, it's me who's not interested in guys. So I kicked my diet to the curb, got drunk a couple of times, and started seeing a therapist. I told my friends that I only went there because I had insecurities about my weight, but I lied, big shocker huh? Normally, I restrain from lying. I couldn't stand them worrying about me, so I figured that one, tiny little white lie wouldn't kill.

I really didn't want one special person to be worried. Lulu. She's my angel in hell, and I'm her baozi. She would spend a lot of time with me before, we were almost inseperable and would hang out whenever I wasn't with Chen or Suhonna, and she wasn't with Jonginna. 

Today, today is different. Today, Lulu spends more time with Sehuna. Sehuna has been here for 3 weeks now and she's the topic on everyone's tongue. Honestly, I understood that Lulu was crazy about her when she first came. Sehuna's cute, pure and new. Lulu loves new things, new people, and everything else that is new, so it was no surprise that she would be so fond of Sehuna.

I thought that Jonginna was overreacting about the whole thing, but maybe she was right. After three weeks, I had expected her to already have gotten a little bored of the new girl and returned to me like it's supposed to be. But we barely talk now.

I'm jealous.

NO ONE'S P.O.V

Monday. Third week. After school. The new year tests are next week in the following subjects; english, korean, history, religion, and Physical E.D. The students are anxious and everyone has begun studying, everyone except for Chen.

"I'm a genius, I don't have to study," Chen insisted.

"That's nonsense, you have too!" Sookyung persisted.

"If you don't study, you'll fail and then you can't get into a decent university and then your life will be ruined and only get worse from then on. You'll get knocked up, the guy will give you a diamond ring for your engagement, but it turns out it's a fake and when you go to his place to confront him he's with another girl, and then he abandons you and the baby and then you'll end up as that one person nobody likes on desperate housewifes!" She panicked.

"That could happen to normal people, but I'm a genius. Besides, it's not like it's the college entrance exams or anything. So chill, umma."

"Even geniuses have to study," Minnie reasoned.

"Not you too! What is this? Another episode of 'My Friends Are Boring Me To Death'? Is there no one left on this planet who knows how to have fun?" Chen groaned and laid down on her back.

Sookyung, Chen, Lulu, Minnie and Sehuna had all gathered and sat down at the park where they would study together after school. After barely an hour of studying, Chen had gotten bored and wanted to play around at the park, but everyone else was still committed to studying. And so began the 'Genius VS Worried Mom' battle between Sookyung and Chen. Sookyung's reasons are more valid (yet overreacted) but Chen, being a troll and all, refuses to listen to umma's concerns.

"Can you three stop being so loud? Some of us are trying to study, right unnie?" Sehuna turned to her precious BFF but Lulu didn't seem to be interested in her books at all. Instead, she was painting her nails. In the park. "What idiot paints her nails in the park?"

"Hey! Rude!" Lulu snorted and gave her BFF a light push. The two girls burst out laughing. "And I'm just confirming their fully dried."

"Seriously though. Since Sehuna is the only one paying attention, can we go do something FUN now?" Chen whined.

"I suppose we could," Sookyung shrugged.

"I'll be the first to leave in that case. I think I'll be making a short stop by the library before going home," Sehuna admitted.

Lulu nudged her bestie with her elbow. "You're trying to impress your crush, no?" The two girlies burst out laughing again. "Mr.Shim is going to fall head over heels for you after you show him your y chocolate eating, so now worries!"

By now, Sehuna and Lulu had doubled over in laughter. Sehuna was laughing so hard Sookyung worried that she might laugh out her lunch in this rate.

"y chocolate eating?" Minnie questioned, confused.

"Ah, ah," Lulu calmed down and waved her hands in the air. "Don't you bother, it's an inside joke! You wouldn't understand!"

Minnie nodded. She tried to force a smile even though her heart was aching. We never had inside jokes, Baby Lu. Why didn't we? We should have. She fumbled with her fingers and averted her attention back to Sookyung and Chen who were discussing plans.

"I think we should play some soccer!" Minnie grinned.

"I think so too," Lulu agreed.

She rose her hand and Minnie felt super happy inside. She rose her own hand to high-five Lulu, but Sehuna beat her to it. Turns out the high-five was meant for Sehuna, not herself. She watched in disappointment as Lulu hugged Sehuna's neck and squished their bodies together. They giggled and laughed as they fell on the grass and rolled around, laughing like clowns. Evil, evil, evil clowns.

"Are you sure you're not going to join us, Sehuna?" Chen pouted, "I know studying is important to you! But you have a whole week, and it won't be the same without you!"

Are you kidding me? If Sehuna's not there, Lulu will pay attention to me! Minnie knows she's selfish, but she crossed her fingers and hoped for the best. Luck was on her sie.

"I really can't. I've got to impress Changmin, you know," Sehuna joked.

Lulu giggled and pinched her cheeks, "Aigoo! What did I do to deserve such a cutie?"

"That's too bad that you can't join us," Minnie lied. "It's good that you set a good example for other lazy teenagers, ahem, Chen Chen. Just don't come home late and make us worry, okay Sehunnie?" She smiled. Sehuna had nodded in response and Lulu pushed herself off of Sehuna's body. "Well then, shall the rest of us begin or game?" Minnie proposed.

"Mhm!" Lulu nodded. She gave Sehuna a quick hug before jumping up from her spot and stretching.

"The fudge are you doing?" Chen stared at Lulu as if she was some mad woman. "Unnie?" She added at the end to make it sound more polite.

"I'm stretching, babo," the redhead replied with a "duh" tone in her voice.

Chen faceslapped herself, literally. Her palm actually met with her forehead. It's not that she thinks Lulu's an idiot. Okay, maybe a little. It's just that geniuses tend to have a problem with non-geniuses pretending that their smart when they're not. Oh god. Life as a genius celebrity mastermind is difficult and tiring.

What would the world do without her? Sigh. Yet, their not grateful at all. But she'll show them one day when she becomes not only the new judge of top model but also america's first female president (first she has to learn how english) , an astronaut (it would be good if she learnt how to breath without oxygen) and a five-star restaurant owner. (Absolutely neccesary that she learns how to cook. But it's easy-peasy for a genius such as herself!)

She also sort of promised Channie that once she's the mighty ruler of space, Channie may play-pretend that she was the once who conquered space. However, according to the history book, everyone will know that Chen is the one who mastered alien language, communicated with aliens and told them to back off, in a polite way of course. It would be much more easier if the aliens just taught themselves korean or chinese in school.  

Chen wrote down "teach aliens korean/chinese" in her mental reminder book of things to do.

"Chen Chen, are you dreaming again?" Sookyung asked and ended her sentence with a loud sigh.

"I mey b a dreamah, but I'm—" Chen tried to say the quote in broken english but stopped because she had forgotten.

"But I'm not the only one?" Sehuna finished the sentence.

"No, no, no! I'm not sure but that's not it. Nope," Chen shook her head.

Sehuna rolled her eyes and gathered her books. "I'll be leaving then, unnies. Tell me when you figure it out."

"Right! Now I remember: I may be a dreamer, but I ain't the only one."

"Isn't that what I said though?" Sehuna cocked a brow.

Chen palmfaced herself again. Her life with babos is getting out of control, is there nobody smart left out there?

"No, you have to say it more swaggy. In America, everyone says ain't, not whatever you said," Chen explained.

"I might be incorrect but last time I checked ain't wasn't a word in the english vocabulary, nor was swaggy. The term swaggy is a slang word meaning something along the words of cool, stylish, ect. Ain't is slang too, if you'd like I can tell you about it's history. It all started when." When Sehuna had went into ther smarty-pants mode, there's no stopping her.

"I hate you, Chennie! Look what you've done! It took me three weeks to make her stop talking so 'smarty' and now you've ruined everything. I have to start over from scratch!" Lulu groaned. 

"You're welcome," Chen gave her one of those peddo smiles.

Sookyung clasped her hands together and turned her up to the sky. "Oh god, I know I don't pray as often as I should and I'm sorry. But can you please just help me? I need new friends. ASAP. I beg of you! Amen!"

"That isn't how you pray, you pray like this!" Sehuna bent down on her knees to demonstrate.

"Stop being so smart!" Lulu attacked her BFF.

♡♡♡

Sehuna had rushed to the library meanwhile the four remaining girls had paired up in teams: Minnie and Lulu had planned to be on the same team, but Chen had found it un fair that the two better players would be on the same team. Therefore, the teams consisted of Chen and Minnie, Sookyung and Lulu.

The game went on for quite a long while. Lulu, being competitive, beat Minnie and Chen even though Sookyung was like dead meat that she had to drag with her. Chen, being a bad loser and all, of course insisted that Lulu had cheated.

"There's no other explanation! I'm a genius, which means that I should automatically win! If I don't win, it means that the opposite team were cheating," Chen accused.

"I am not a cheater! I may be a little over addicted when it comes to winning, but I would never play unfair. Unless I was playing a game I really need to win, like if I was playing against Jonghyun," Lulu defended her team. "Besides, I have Sookyung on the team! Sookyung is the number one most innocent person on the world and she would never even consider being on a cheating team!"

"Exactly," Minnie agreed. 

"What are you doing unnie?" Chen whined. "I'm trying to defend our pride! And now you're agreeing with our enemies! What is wrong with you?"

"I have no energy for you people," Sookyung pouted. "I'm going to shop for groceries, anyone joining me?"

"Hmpf! I'll join you if you allow me to buy something delicious," Chen said.

"Fine," Sookyung surrendered. She knew that Chen was probably planning on buying something digusting and pranking people with it, or she really wanted something unhealthy really badly. Either way, Sookyung doesn't care. She just prefers having company rather than going alone. "What about the rest of you then?"

"Lulu and I will go for sure, right Lulu?" Minnie glanced hopefully at her EX BFF.

"Actually, I'm going to look for Sehuna at the library. But if you're awesome, can you please be a sweetheart and buy some chocolate? Sehuna and I are doing something special," Lulu said.

"Sure! The two of you don't mind if I tag along, no?" She asked, nimbling nervously at her bottom lip.

Lulu flashed her a faint smile and patted her back. "We don't really mind. It's just not really your thing you know. It's an insider thing that only me and Sehuna would understand. But if you'd like, we can hang out this weekend, just us two?" She proposed.

Minnie felt how her heart fell down to the bottom of her stomach. It's an insider thing that only me and Sehuna would understand. Her fists clenched. Don't you bother! It's an insider joke, you wouldn't understand! She bit her lip hard so she wouldn't release a frustrated sigh. But why can't you explain it to me so I would understand Lu? Or is the reason you don't want to tell me because you think I'm boring now?

"I get it. You go have fun with Sehuna, I'll buy chocolate," Minnie forced another smile.

Lulu tightly hugged all of the three girls before she ran off. Chen glanced at Minnie with worried eyes and embraced her by standing behind her, resting her head on her shoulder and putting her arms around her. Meanwhile they stood there hugging, Sookyung packed all of their stuff up.

"When are you going to tell her?" Chen asked. She's not an idiot afterall. She can see how Minnie looks at Lulu.

"Tell her what?"

"That you like her."


 

A/N: I've been busy, busy, busy. Luckily, I still managed to find some time to update. ^^

I'm actually studying right now at the same time while writing this, hahahah. <3 If I get caught by my parents I will not live to see tomorrow's daylight. Anyhow, you probably don't care about that.

I just wanted to tell you that my time to write will be even more limited since I'm going to be studying, practicing the piano, and playing tennis. (I'm trying to get out of practicing piano though, I'm really -ish at it. D: )

You probably hate that my author's note's are always so long but if you had the energy to read through, good for you! Now please, make me the happiest girl by leaving a comment. It's not an obligation, but I'd be super, super happy.

Oh, and my grades won't get worse because I spend time writing when I should be studying! I'm almost finished with this week's assignments (and it's only tuesday. '-.-) so that's why I figured that it won't hurt. cX

Bye, lovelies~