Jonghyun’s Revenge Part 1

Everybody Loves Sehuna

 

Chapter Twenty-Four: Jonghyun’s Revenge Part 1

Word Count: 2900+      

♡♡♡

 

They were lucky because everything went smoothly and without troubles when they returned. Baekhyuna and Channie made up some excuse which the girls, fortunately, believed in. Sehuna didn’t support their lie, but she didn’t object either. Instead, she remained quiet and went with Lulu up to their room. 

 

The next day…

 

Sweat dripped from Jonginna's body as she entered the girls locker rooms after dance practice. Lulu and Baekhyuna joked and played around as always; meanwhile Jonginna and Layla were more serious. They discussed the new dance moves they had learned and etcetera.

 

 "Our dance teacher's really fast. He's got no mercy on us for sure," Layla said.

 

 "Isn't that how you become the best though? When people push you?" Jonginna asked.

 

 "I'm not complaining, just sayin'," Layla said.

 

 "Still, I know what you mean. He's tough and thick-headed. Our opinions don't seem to matter to him." 

 

 "That's because he's too slow to see our lightning fast improvements and brilliance!" Lulu laughed.

 

"Oh my, Lu, aren't you too confident now?" Baekhyuna teased. "If Teacher Kim heard you, you'd be dead." 

 

 "Are you underestimating my epic skills?" Lulu challenged. "Last one to the showers has to ask Teacher Kim on a date!" 

 

 "AAAH!" They screamed in unison and sprinted towards the showers.

 

"And so our conversation went downhill," Layla laughed.

 

 "Ha-ha, I wasn't very different a few weeks ago," Jonginna reminded. "Though I've changed now." 

 

"You haven't changed at all. You're still Jonginna, but you've evolved," Layla said.

 

"Stop complementing me just because we're friends." Jonginna blushed.

 

"I'm telling you the truth though." Layla wrapped a towel around her body. "You better hurry or the kids are gonna finish all of the warm water." 

 

Jonginna nodded and smiled. She finished last although she hurried. Layla offered to stay with her, but Jonginna insisted that she would be fine by herself. When she was finally done, she decided to look for Taemin. If she was lucky: he was still lingering around school. Though he missed the last class of the day. He couldn't be sick, could he? Or worse, what if he had a girlfriend!?

 

At the perfect moment, Jonginna’s cell rang. She fished her phone out of her pocket and checked the caller ID. Taemin. She cleared and answered the call.

 

“Hey, Taemin, I was looking for you,” she said. “Why did you miss class?”

 

“Jonginna…" Taemin sniffed. "I got kicked out of SHINee." 

 

“You got what!?”

  

Jonginna knew how important Taemin’s hyungs were to him, and how much Taemin meant to them, too. Sometimes they’d tease and make fun of him, but at the end of the day, they were great friends. They would depend on another, and whenever they had problems, they stood by eachother, no matter what. Something really bad must have happened for him to get “kicked out”.

 

“I have some important news to tell you. Can we meet up?” Taemin requested.

 

“Sure we can!” Jonginna didn’t hesitate to accept his invitation.

 

They agreed that their meeting spot would be a nearby cafe and no, not the same one as the one where Jonginna poured her drink on Taemin, another one. It took Jonginna approximately ten minutes before she arrived at her destination. She immediately spotted Taemin at a table for two. 

 

 Two drinks sat on the table. He must already have bought drinks us, how adorable! She thought.

 

“Hi,” Jonginna greeted.  She sat down on the chair in front of Taemin. “How are you?”

 

“Except for losing my best friends, and being absent from dance school and a class that will get me in trouble, I’m okay.” Taemin sighed. “But how are you? Jonghyun knows about Lulu and Baek’s revenge plan." 

 

“Their what?” Jonginna asked. Did her friends forget to inform her about something important again? “I don’t know anything about any revenge plan.” 

 

“So you’re not involved!” Taemin breathed out in relief. 

 

Jonginna nodded carefully.

 

He swallowed some of the liquid in his cup before continuing, “anyhow… Krystal managed to get some evidence that Baek and Lu really are playing around with Jonghyun. They think you’re in it, too, and I defended you…" Her heart pounded. Did he really defend her? "And Jonghyun got really angry and kicked me out." 

 

“So, what you mean is that the other boys just let him kick you out!?"

 

Maybe they weren’t so close after all.

 

“They looked apologetic, but there’s nothing they can do. They’d get kicked out, too, otherwise.” Taemin said. “Jonghyun makes the big decisions. I didn’t want to split up the group any further, so I just left.” 

 

“I’m sorry, Taemin-ah,” Jonginna apologized. “Thank you for supporting me though.”

 

“Always. That’s what friends do.”

 

“Right, ‘friends’,” Jonginna said.

 

Taemin frowned. He was about to open his mouth and ask her what’s wrong when she cut him off.

 

“I’m going to talk to Lu about this. She’s gone too far with her ‘revenge’ this time and I don’t want her pulling Sehuna into this mess.” Her eyes narrowed dangerously. “Not Sookyung or any of the other girls either.”

 

“Jonginna, don’t do anything you’ll regret,” Taemin warned.

 

“I won’t.” She smiled. “I also have something to admit.” 

 

“Really, what?” Taemin asked.

 

“I can’t nail that new dance move we’ve been practicing for. Would you do me one more favor and teach me, my friend?” Jonginna did her best pouty face, her eyes as wide and round as coins.

 

“I have a feeling you’ll be manipulating the word ‘friend’ from now on,” he joked.

 

They playfully continued to talk with each other, un aware of the phone that vibrated within Jonginna’s back pocket. Un aware of the man whose patience had run out.

 

♡♡♡

 

Chen, Sehuna, Baekhyuna, Channie, Sookyung and Minnie sat on a bench outside the cinema as they wait for Lulu. This time, they actually bought a ticket and they didn’t encounter the grumpy employee from last time either. Yet Sehuna felt awkwardness hanging in the air. How did they end up here anyway?

 

“How long have you been in our school, Sehuna?” 

 

“I don’t know. Three months almost. It’s early October already.” 

 

“Wow, then we have to celebrate!” 

 

Right. Lulu had insisted on celebrating Sehuna’s three month anniversary at SM High with a dinner and a movie. Sookyung had overheard their conversation and Sehuna would have felt bad leaving her out, so they invited her as well. Somehow, Channie, Chen, Minnie and Baekhyuna tagged a long as well. 

 

“W-we’re not watching a scary movie, right?” Minnie fumbled with her fingers. “N-not that I would mind or a-anything.. I don’t believe in ghosts.” 

 

If Sehuna knew Lulu right, a rom-com movie was out of the question. It’s either a scary movie or an animated children’s movie. 

 

“What do you mean ghosts don’t exist? Haven’t you seen paranormal−” Baekhyuna covered Channie’s mouth, preventing her from speaking further. “- mmmhh.” 

 

“Ghosts don’t exist and if the movie’s too scary, you can tell us,” Baekhyuna comforted and removed her hands from Channie’s mouth. “Ah.. You drooled on me!” 

 

“I-I’m only worried about you guys. Why would I be scared of ghosts? Hah!” Minnie bit her bottom lip. “I’m brave just like Lu.” 

 

“What? Have you seen what what serious crap that girl dares−” Baekhyuna’s hands landed over Channie’s mouth again. She leaned towards Channie’s ear and whispered something that made Channie stiffen.

 

Before they could continue their conversation, Lulu returned and thankfully she had chosen a family friendly film. The film had actually been enjoyable and by the time they exited the cinema, they were all laughing loudly.

 

“The little child and his mom behind us got soooo mad!” Chen laughed. “And I was like, ‘woman, chill!!!’”

 

“It’s not our fault we can’t keep our laughter in.” Lulu grinned.

 

“We were quite obnoxious though..” Sookyung smiled.

 

“Yes, but doesn’t she know it’s good for your heart to laugh? Those who are happy and laugh much live longer,” Sehuna reasoned.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Sehuna, where do you wanna eat?” Lulu asked, throwing her arms around Sehuna’s shoulders. 

 

Lulu knew both Sookyung and Minnie was glaring. She knew why Sookyung would, but why Minnie? She didn't have much time to ponder before Sehuna answered her question.

 

“I don’t really mind,” Sehuna said. “As long as I’ll have ice cream for desert.” 

 

“I want to eat healthy food, it doesn’t have to be fancy, just healthy,” Baekhyuna said.

 

“Yes, that means we can go to Mac Donalds!” Chen cheered.

 

“Mac Donalds’ only serve junk food though,” Sookyung said.

 

“But they have salad, duh!” Chen raised her hand, expecting a high-five from her friend.

 

“Let’s just go get some chinese food.” Sookyung sighed and ignored Chen’s high-five invitation.

 

Embarrassed, Chen lowered her hand. “No happy meals today, huh?” 

 

“Sorry, we members of the dance team have to stay fit. Right, Lulu?” Baekhyuna turned to look at Lulu who nodded her head in reply.

 

Sehuna’s face fell. If she had joined the dance team, she would also be worrying about staying in form and being ‘fit’. She would be extra careful to make sure she didn’t strain her ankles and sometimes go to sleep early to save up on energy. 

 

“I know a great Chinese place that’s like ten minutes away from here,” Minnie said.

 

“That’s nice but I know one that's like five minutes away, and it’s the best,” Lulu said.

 

“Lu, I’ve been to China before and I know what good chinese food is. You can trust me.” 

 

“I know I can trust you, but you can trust me, too. I’m the one who’s 100% chinese.” 

 

"So what? You prefer korean food over Chinese!" 

 

"That doesn't mean I automatically forget my roots. Why are you so defensive today?" 

 

"I'm the defensive one?" Minnie scoffed.

 

Sehuna sensed an argument and interfered with their conversation. “You know what? Let’s go to Lulu’s choice today, and we’ll try out Minnie’s another day.”  Sehuna opened the entrance doors and they left the cinema building. Outside, they were greeted by the chilly october wind.

 

“Good idea,” Channie agreed. “You don’t mind, right?” The question was directed at Minnie.

 

“Do I ever?” Minnie bitterly gnashed her teeth against each other.

 

“Sehuna, this is why you’re the group’s genius!” Lulu giggled and latched onto Sehuna’s arm. “I should totally sign you up for ‘are you smarter than a dog?’”

 

“You mean, ‘Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?’?” Baekhyuna cocked an eyebrow, amused. "Get your english right, Girl." 

 

“Daebak. You’re smart, too, Baekhyuna!” Lulu said.

 

Baekhyuna rolled her eyes when her phone rang in her bag and she picked it up in a hurry, afraid of missing a call from her precious boyfriend. “This is Byun Baekhyuna speaking.” 

 

“Baekhyuna? Hey, it’s me.” 

 

“Jonghyun.. What’s up?”

 

“I need to see you, right now. It’s an emergency.” Jonghyun’s voice was shaking.

 

“Really? And where are you, around school? I’ll be there in half an hour!” Baekhyuna hung up.

 

“Who called?” Channie asked.

 

“Jonghyun and there’s an emergency going on. He’s around the school area. Should I really go, though?” She worried. “I mean we were celebrating Sehuna’s―” 

 

“If it’s an emergency, you should go and support your boyfriend.” Lulu winked. 

 

Sehuna clucked her tongue. Lulu’s being waaaaay too obvious.

 

“Right, I should go and support my boyfriend.” Baekhyuna winked.

 

“Yes, you should go and support your boyfriend,” Minnie agreed with an overdramatic wink.

 

“…” Sehuna’s mouth kept shut until Lulu’s elbow made a light contact with her stomach. “Ow, right! Erhm.. what they said! Go support your boyfriend.. you know!” 

 

Channie, Chen, and Sookyung − the oblivious ones − nodded their heads. “I hope something bad didn’t happen, do you want me to tag along?” Channie asked. 

 

“I don’t wanna ruin your fun. You go ahead. I insist.” Baekhyuna grinned confidently.

 

"If you hurry, we'll be back soon. It's late and you shouldn't go alone," Sookyung said.

 

"I won't be alone, remember? I've got Jonghyun by my side," Baekhyuna proudly declared.

 

"How come Lulu's not upset you guys are dating? Didn't you want to have revenge on him?" Sookyung asked.

 

Lulu cursed in her head. Why did Sookyung have to be so intelligent!? Gah!

 

"I mean, I've matured." 

 

"Really, I didn't notice." Sookyung turned to look at Baekhyuna again. "Call us when you arrive." 

 

 The girls bid goodbye and entered the restaurant while Baekhyuna took a taxi. That Baekhyuna had to leave them had been a disappointment, but it didn’t stop their fun. They ordered drinks and food. Even Chen who didn't get her happy meal was smiling, at least until Lulu started with her stories.

 

  As soon as Lulu got some Coke into her system, she opened to talk. 

 

“I think today’s the perfect event for me to share an old story with Sehuna!” 

 

“You mean, ‘the perfect excuse’ to share an old story with Sehuna?” Chen teasingly wiggled her eyebrows. "Don't you ever tell these stories to your future boyfriend. You'll scare him away."

 

“Ha-ha, very funny, Chen Chen.” Lulu took a second sip of her drink. “Let me tell you about a girl I believe you have met before.. Krystal Jung. She’s the school’s fairy. A human in an angel's clothing.” 

 

“She’s in my, Tao and Jonginna’s class,” Sehuna acknowledged. 

 

“Who’s the story teller here? Don’t interrupt me, please.” Sehuna rolled her eyes and let Lulu continue. “Anyway, Krystal and I used to be friends. Like really long ago before we attended SM High.” 

 

“Didn’t you leave in China up until you joined SM High?”

 

“Oh my god.” Lulu groaned. “Questions later, story first. Gosh.”

 

“The first time I and Krystal Jung met had been on a sunny summer day, year 2002." All of the girls except for Sehuna groaned, knowing this would be a really long one. "Stop frowning and listen, you people are a horrible audience."  was smiling but her words were posinous, scaring the girls into keeping their mouths shut. "I had been seven and she was six, the number of the devil." 

 

"My parents had bought a new summer house in Seoul and by coincidence, the neighbour house happened to be owned by The Jung Family." Lulu snorted. "Though I wouldn't call it a coincidence, it was more of a 'BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE' thingy." 

 

"Lulu, would you pick the pace up a little? Some people here have heard this story like, I don't know, one thousand times before," Chen reminded. 

 

"We became chilhoodfriends, the perfect pair, and I dearly trusted her. But then she stabbed me in the back! THREE TIMES!" 

 

"You don't say," Chen sarcastically remarked.

 

“T-three?” Sehuna stuttered. “She thinks a little high of herself but I bet she’s good at heart. Maybe it's all a misunderstanding, y'know?” 

 

“You don’t know Krystal Jung the way I know her. She’s a real cow.” 

 

“What did she do?” Sehuna asked. 

 

“She kissed my crush, right in front of my face! Then she betrayed me again by competing for the same role as I in a play I had been looking forward to for ages,” Lulu said. 

 

“You know.. That guy you had a crush on.. Krystal liked him first,” Minnie said. “And you always play the leading role..” 

 

“Are you saying I’m the cow here?” Lulu’s judging eyes landed on the nervous Minnie.

 

Minnie shook her head. “N-no.. That’s not what I meant..” 

 

“Whatever. I forgave her anyway. The third time, is when I finally had enough. I started SM High, and I was super happy since we could meet more often,” Lulu said. “But she got new friends and completely ignored me!”

 

"If you only would have talked to her, I'm sure she would have felt apologetic. Friends always forgive each other, whether the friendship ends or not," Sookyung reasoned.

 

“Not when you’re friend’s a backstabbing monster!” Lulu exclaimed, waving her hands in the air. 

 

“But you stole her crush, again,” Minnie pointed out.

 

“I didn’t do it on purpose,” Lulu defended. “Jonghyun and I just happened. Besides, she only wanted him because I did.” 

 

BBRRRR. BBRRRR.

 

“Wait.. I have to receive a call,” Sehuna cut into their bickering once again. “It’s Jonginna.” 

 

“Oh, oh, put her on speaker!” Channie urged.

 

Sehuna nodded and answered the phone call. “Hi, Jonginna!” 

 

"Jonginna! Do you hear me?" Channie shouted.

 

“Yeah, sure whatever. Where’s Baekhyuna and Lulu? She’s not answering her phone, nor is Lu.” 

 

“I’m here!” Lulu announced. 

 

“You guys really did it this time, didn’t you? Sigh. Taemin’s friends even abandoned him!”

 

“Bleh. You know guys. They’re so simple-minded, one day they’re fighting and the other day they’re all bromanc-y again,” Lulu said. “Besides, Baekhyuna and I haven't done a thing."

 

“It’s all because of your stupid plan, which I am by the way super offended you didn’t inform me about. Jonghyun found out from Krystal at school, and Taemin defended us, and got kicked out!” 

 

“What plan?” Sookyung questioned.

 

“Sookyung unnie, you’re not a part of their crazy plan? Good to know I’m not alone.” 

 

“We’ll explain later,” Sehuna said, “the important part is, Jonghyun just called Baekhyuna and asked her to meet him! He said it was an emergency and all.” 

 

“Emergency? I do not like the sound of that.” 

 

Sehuna closed her eyes. Jonghyun has known about the plan all day long. He had plenty of time to cook up a plan of his own, if Krystal already hadn’t made one for him. Of course, it isn’t impossible that Jonghyun really had an emergency. Though it’s a 99% chance he called Baekhyuna to get his own revenge…. 

 

“And Baekhyuna went all by herself,” Sookyung worried. “Is she going to be alright?” 

 

“He won’t do anything dangerous… right?”  Jonginna didn’t sound so secure.

 

“Jonghyun and Krystal’s sinister minds aren’t a combination that will end in our favor,” Lulu confessed. “Somebody has to go after her.” Before anyone could volunteer, Channie shot up from her seat and ran out of the restaurant.

 

“So.. are we still having chinese food, or what? I’m pretty hungry,” Chen murmured.