We're Family

Everybody Loves Sehuna

 

Chapter Eight: We're Family

Word Count: 1200+  

♡♡♡

Monday had arrived and Sehuna was anxious about going back to school. She felt stupid skipping school just because of Do Hyeong. Besides, they're friends now! Still, she's embarrassed and Changmin probably thinks she's an idiot. 

Lulu had offered to walk her friend to class, but Sehuna assured that she would walk with Tao and Jonginna so Lulu wouldn't come late. 

Sehuna: Hi Jonginna-unnie! I will walk with you and Tao to class today, okay? When are you leaving? ^^

Jonginna: We're going in 40 minutes!

In Sehuna's opinion it sounds pretty late. She thought they would have to leave in 20 minutes, but her unnie knows best. Jonginna would never do anything to harm her! Sehuna knows Jonginna isn't estatic about her, but they're family. Family will always help eachother.

Sehuna was already dressed and ate breakfast earlier. Therefore, she decided to sit down by her desk and read a book.

                  ♡♡♡

 
"Tao, let's go earlier!" Jonginna grinned.
 
"But shouldn't we wait for Sehuna?" Tao asked. "Lulu told me she's going with us."
 
"She changed her mind!" Jonginna lied. "I wouldn't be lying right? Sehuna is my cousin! I will always take care of her."
 
Tao crossed her arms over her chest and cocked an eyebrow. "You sure? This isn't like the time when you were jealous over how close Taemin and Minho were? Right?" Tao hesistated with leaving.
 
"Of course not, don't be silly! I'm older now and more mature, besides, that was a completely different situation! Minho and Taemin were best friends! Sehuna's my cousin!" Jonginna affirmed.
 
Tao heaved a sigh, but let herself follow Jonginna's words, even though she's not sure if trusting her friend is the best thing to do. They left their dorm house and headed towards school.

 

♡♡♡

Sookyung sang on one of her favorites song while skipping through the hallway on her way to school. She passed by Lulu and Sehuna's. But stopped in her tracks when she saw Sehuna inside, reading a green book. Isn't she going to school? But she's wearing a uniform!

"Hey, Sehuna," she called. The rainbow-haired girl twirled her head around and smiled warmingly. "Aren't you going to school? You're going to be late even if you go this instant.

"What? But Jonginna told me we weren't going for at least another ten minutes!" Sehuna exclaimed.

Sookyung narrowed her eyes, she's mad, oh boy. Anger isn't even enough to describe the frustration she holds inside right now. Sookyung has known Jonginna for very long, and she never thought her friend would be capable of doing something like this! She tricked poor Sehuna!

"I'll follow you to your class and explain what happened, okay? Don't you worry about a thing." Sookyung smiled, comfortingly.

Sehun nodded and rose from her seat. "Thank you, unnie... but I have one question.. is Jonginna unnie doing this because she doesn't like me?" She frowned.

Sookyung felt her heart drop to her stomach. She took a deep breath, trying to avoid Sehuna's disappointed eyes as she revealed the truth.

I'm sorry... I don't think she does.

♡♡♡

Sehuna seemed to take the news awfully well. Perhaps she expected this. She had muttered something about being used to this behavior before the two girls scurried off to class. They didn't run because they didn't want to be sweaty when they arrived at class, but they hurried as fast as possible and Sehuna only arrived a few minutes late.

They knocked on the door, and Sehuna's handsome Korean teacher, Changmin, opened. "Oh. Sehuna, you're back. We've missed seeing you in class," he smiled. Sehuna returned the smile and bowed, apologizing for being late. "It's okay, it was only a few minutes. Please take your seat." Sehuna nodded and headed towards her seat. "And Sookyung, what can I assist you with?"

Sookyung began explaining. Meanwhile Sehuna sat down on her seat. She looked at her two friends, but both of them were ignoring her. Did I do something wrong? Her smile faded. Her heart felt like someone had stabbed it around a thousand times. She was used to being bullied at her old school, but here, for the first time ever, she was appreciated and liked.

But not by her cousin. The person she thought she could trust the most. She thought that family will always help eachother, but turns out she was wrong. 

Jonginna turned towards her cousin, and smirked when she saw how miserable the girl looked. Now you feel how I feel. You stole my Taemin oppa. You stole my Sookyung unnie. You stole my Lulu unnie. I was supposed to be the cute maknae forever! There's not space for two of us! She felt her heart drop a little when Sehuna started sobbing silently.

She watched how Tao handed Sehuna a white paper with some text on it, and Sehuna's frown suddenly turned upside down. Jonginna tried to take a sneek-peak of Tao's note, but she was too faraway. Changmin returned and the class begun.

♡♡♡

"Okay, that's all for class today. Sehuna, Jonginna. I would like to have a talk with you." Changmin requested.

Everyone left class. "I'll wait for you outside!" Tao mouthed. Jonginna thought Tao was talking to her until she saw how Sehuna nodded her head.

The girls stepped forward towards Changmin's desk and stopped right in front of their teacher. Sehuna was anxious that Changmin was angry at her, meanwhile Jonginna was sure she would be blamed for something Sehuna did.

"I heard that you two girls aren't getting along very well. Which is extremely un fortunate since the two of you are cousins and live under the same roof. Has it always been like this? Or did you get along when you were little?" Changmin asked.

Neither of the girls could respond. They don't really remember playing much with eachother when they were younger. They only met during certain holidays and that was years ago. It was a long time since last. Changmin seemd disappointed with their lack of responses.

"Girls," he said, sternly, "I want the two of you to get along. Perhaps you should have some bonding time?"

"I don't think so. No matter what I do, everybody loves Sehuna. NOT ME." Jonginna glared at her cousin and exited the room without another word.

Sehuna stared at the ground. Tears began to brimm in her eyes, but they vanished when Changmin's soft hands wiped them away.

"Hey, don't cry," he comforted, "I don't want to see my students unhappy, okay? Jonginna doesn't hate you. She's probably just going through a rough time at the moment, and she decided to take it out on you. Even though she's being very inappropriate, you shouldn't blame her. She'll apologize when the time comes around and she realizes that she's not mad on you, but something else."

Sehuna nodded. Changmin is such a nice teacher. "Thank you, Mr.Shim..erh. I mean, Changmin-sshi!" She bowed. "I will ask the other girls, perhaps they know why Jonginna is upset. I really don't want her to be mad at me. Although we're not certainly close, I would like if we were." She smiled and headed towards the door-

"Before you leave," he said. She stopped in her tracks and glanced over her shoulder at her teacher. "I like your new hair color. It's very colorful, just like your personality," he complimented.

Her cheeks flushed crimson red as she stumbled out of the classroom. 

A/N:

Thanks for all the lovely comments I recieved after posting yesterday's chapter!

I was so happy with all of the comments and the effort you put into them, that I forced myself to write another one today! :)<3

Thanks everyone!