Cheerios and Lies

Everybody Loves Sehuna

 


Chapter Twenty-Six: Cheerios and Lies

Word Count: 1400+      

♡♡♡

 

The tension in between Baekhyuna and Sehuna was suffocating. They made their way down several streets, searching for Channie, the young girl who had gone lost.

 

“She didn’t bring her phone with her?” Sehuna broke the tense silence. 

 

“I don’t think so. I can’t find her phone in our room but she’s not answering I call either,” Baekhyuna answered. “Aren’t you curious about why Channie vanished?”

 

“I suppose that would be a normal human thing to do ‒ ‒ however, my goal is to find Channie as fast as possible, and I doubt that why she’s gone would help the investigation,” replied Sehuna. She stopped in her tracks. “Unless you beg to differ?”

 

Baekhyuna stopped, too, surprised by Sehuna’s sudden “smarty” talk. “We fought tat the supermarket. Suhonna and Layla went inside the store while I was supposed to look for Channie….” she murmured, “I never found her. I got distracted.”

 

“By Jonghyun?” Sehuna started to walk again with Baekhyuna trailing behind.

 

“Yes, how did you know?”

 

“Boys are girls’ number one distraction according to Lu,” Sehuna explained. “She’s smarter than she seems.” 

 

“I can’t imagine.” Baekhyuna surpressed her giggles since they would be in appropriate in their situation, but she allowed herself to smile a little. “I don’t know any places where Channie could have gone.”

 

“Doesn’t Channie have an older sister? Could she be at her sis' house?” Sehuna asked.

 

“Probably not.” Channie’s sister lived too faraway, besides, she was gone on vacation. “She’s not at home at the moment.” 

 

Baekhyuna sat down on a nearby bench in front of a supermarket. Sehuna sighed and plopped down next to her.  Her eyes watered at the thought of how she may never see her best friend again. She wiped away her tears. It’s all her fault. She was never going to find Channie. Channie could be dead by now. 

 

“Lets not give up yet. She must have checked into an hotel or something,” Sehuna reasoned.

 

Baekhyuna nodded. If Channie was still alive, and okay, she must have slept somewhere. Baekhyuna couldn’t think of any friends Channie would stay at, which meant that she must have spent the night some sort of hotel or motel.

 

“Thank you, again,” Baekhyuna said. 

 

“Don’t thank me, I’m a little annoyed with you actually.” Sehuna smiled. “Though I can’t blame you for normal human behavior.” Sehuna leaned backwards in her seat and adverted her gaze to the cloudless blue skies. “You should be more careful concerning Jonghyun. Not because of his past with Lulu and that, just because its common sense to not rely on your partner too much.” 

 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyuna asked confused. She gazed at Sehuna who’s gaze was still occupied on the beautiful afternoon sky. 

 

“I know you like Jonghyun more than a friend.” Baekhyuna blushed. Sehuna knew about her emotions?

 

"And it’s great that you’ve found someone, I’m happy for you.” Sehuna used one of her hands to cover her eyes from the sun. “The thing is, you can’t forget about other things and the reason why you approached him from the beginning."

 

Baekhyuna frowned un consciously.

 

“I don’t want to break up with Jonghyun. I might be selfish but I do like him a lot. I don’t care about revenge anymore.” 

 

“So you’re going to lie too both Lulu and Jonghyun? Lulu’s at the edge of her seat, waiting for just the smallest chance to attack her target,” Sehuna said. “And Jonghyun might really like you back, wouldn’t he be crushed if he came to know the truth?”

 

Baekhyuna sighed because she knew Lulu was right. She knew she was playing with fire. She knew she was on dangerous grounds. And it might be bad, but she didn’t care. She wanted to please both her peers and her boyfriend, while also being happy herself.

 

Was that the right thing to do though?

 

Lie?

 

“How come you know so much Sehuna? Come to think of it, you always involve yourself in others business and we barely know anything about you,” Baekhyuna snapped. Sehuna froze and for a moment… Baekhyuna saw a hint of sadness in Sehuna’s eyes.

 

“I know I’m meddling. I just can’t… I just… I want to help my friends,” Sehuna said. Baekhyuna cocked a brow, not very satisfied with the in sufficient answer. Sehuna continued to explain further, “I’ve transferred in between a lot of schools, and I never made any friends.”

 

“Your parents moved around a lot,” Baekhyuna said.

 

“No,” Sehuna said, “I’ve lived in the same house my whole life. This is the first time I’ve moved somewhere new. This is the first time I’ve made friends.” 

 

“So that time you told us you had a boyfriend, you were lying?”

 

“I did have a boyfriend…” Sehuna frowned. 

 

Baekhyuna saw that the subject clearly made Sehuna un comfortable cause of the way how Sehuna fidgeted and nervously darted her eyes overall. Sehuna didn’t make eye contact usually, but she never acted this way. 

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to push you,” Baekhyuna apologized. “I know I shouldn’t be lying to Jonghyun and Lulu. But what they don’t know won’t hurt them.”

 

Sehuna seemed to ponder over the words and Baekhyuna rose from the bench and jerked her thumb in the direction of the supermarket.

 

“I’m gonna buy a coke, you want anything?” 

 

“… If you don’t mind,” Sehuna hesitated, “Ice Tea would be nice.”

 

Baekhyuna entered the store, not bothering to take a cart since she wouldn’t be buying anything much. She walked to the aisle with drinks, grabbed a bottle of ice tea and a coke, before making her way over to the check out.

 

This is the first time I’ve had friends.

 

So that time you told us you had a boyfriend, you were lying?

 

I did have a boyfriend.

 

Sehuna’s quite likable though. She had become popular at SM High the past months, even with teachers.

 

She’s smart, kind and pretty. Well, she wasn’t as busty as Kris, delicate as Lulu or petite as Baekhyuna, herself, but Sehuna had many charms. Baekhyuna couldn’t possibly understand why Sehuna didn’t have friends. 

 

“Please, I don’t have any money! I promise that when I get my money I will pay you come back for this!” Baekhyuna heard a familiar voice. 

 

“I SAID NO!” The male cashier bellowed. Baekhyuna stopped and watched the two banter. “We would be broke by now if I let everyone ‘borrow’ groceries and pay back later. Either you pay now or you LEAVE!”

 

“IT’S ONLY CHEERIOS! THEY DON’T COST ANYTHING!” Channie shouted.

 

“C-C-Channie,” Baekhyuna stuttered. She dropped Sehuna’s ice tea and her coke, and ran towards the taller girl. “Channie!” She hugged her best friend who had gone missing for a day now. “Channie don’t you ever do that again. I’ll kill you next time.”

 

“Baekhyuna..” The taller girl wrapped her arms around Baekhyuna’s small frame. 

 

“I know, I know, I’ve been a bad friend and I’m sorry.”

 

“Okay, but―”

 

“Shut up. I said I’m sorry, okay? I can’t do more than that,” Baekhyuna murmured.

 

“I know, and I forgive you, but could you pay for my cheerios?” Baekhyuna let go of her friend and backed away a step. 

 

“What?”

 

“I’ll pay you back. It’s just that someone robbed my wallet and―”

 

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU? YOU’VE BEEN MISSING FOR TWENTY FOUR HOURS AND THE FIRST THING YOU CAN THINK OF TO SAY IS ASK FOR MONEY TO BUY CEREAL?”

 

“It’s not any kind of cereal,” Channie defended.

 

“Cheerios are special. Like you.” Channie’s cheeks flushed a color of bright red, the tip of her pointy ears the same color as her red face.

 

“Baekhyuna’s always special to me. Sometimes she yells at me, sometimes she hits me and sometimes she tells me ‘get lost’ but I don’t go anywhere. I wait for you, the nice side of Baekhyuna, to come back and pat me and hug me. The side that comforts me and tells me it’s okay even when I’m wrong.” 

 

Baekhyuna opened to come up with some sort of excuse. “I-I…”

 

She couldn’t come up with anything. She didn’t know that Channie felt that way.

 

Or maybe she did know, and neglected Channie’s feelings.

 

“You’re a moron, you know? You’re so stupid. I’m going to cry if you don’t shut up.” 

 

Channie smiled. “Sorry. I won’t run away again. I’ve been childish.” 

 

“Yes, yes you have,” Baekhyuna sniffled.

 

She had been bad, too, however, she didn’t feel like apologizing…. at least not right now.

 

Right now she wanted to hug her giant and scold her for being stupid. 

 

But maybe tomorrow. Yes. Maybe she’d apologize tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nah. She probably won't.

 

 

 

♡♡♡

 

A/N:

 

Christmas is coming in just a few days.

 

Are you looking forward to Christmas? (Or whatever holiday you celebrate during the winter season ^^)