Perfection

Everybody Loves Sehuna
 
 

Chapter Twenty-Three: Perfection

Word Count: 2100+      

♡♡♡

 

Dark thoughts seeped into Sehuna's mind as she twisted and turned around in her bed.

 

Something with in her awakened. Something that shouldn't be there, yes, something bad. Not only because of Lulu, because of everything and everyone that surrounded her.

 

"I don't understand." Sehuna trembled. 

 

She wasn't trembling because of the cold, the bed was perfectly warm. She was trembling out of fear.

 

"I finally have friends, why aren't I happy?" she murmured.

 

Friends who care for her, friends who she cares for. Friends who give her hugs when she's sad. She was no longer alone. She wouldn't have to spend her birthday surrounded by thousands of un wanted gifts her parents had bought. She wouldn't have to cry by herself when she gets bullied. No, others would be there to support her.

 

Everything... Everything's perfect.

 

Sookyung's cooking. Lulu's stupid plans. Baekhyuna and Channie's bickering. 

 

Perfect.

 

Her english conversations with Kris. Tao's obsession with fashion. Layla's motherly side.

 

All of her friends, all eleven of them, they're all perfect. And they make her happy, she wants to protect them.

 

Realization finally hit Sehuna. She finally understood why she was feeling this way. Because everytime something was going well, or even great, it would end. Her dreams of dancing, her relationship with Donghae. Always ended.

 

"No, I'm not going to lose them," Sehuna promised herself, "they'll like me so much they can't let me go."

 

Whenever Sehuna saw Lulu's smile, she felt troubled. She felt that she wanted to protect that smile

 

Lulu asked me something very interesting today. She asked me if I had the chance to buy a new shiny doll, or stay with my old doll, what would I do? I answered that I'd plead my parents for a new shiny doll.

 

But my new doll wouldn't be a replacement, just an addition. Then my old doll, my new doll and I could all play together. Let's all play together. When you break, I promise I'll fix you again, my precious friends.

 

♡♡♡

 

"Hm, you look tired," Jonginna acknowleged as Taemin, Sehuna and Sookyung made their way towards school.

 

"You could be less subtle," Taemin laughed. 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't get much sleep." Sehuna stretched her arms. "I was worrying about Baekhyuna and Channie."

 

Sookyung sighed. "Those troublemakers." She shook her head in dismay.

 

Baekhyuna and Lulu were having a private talk today. Lulu suggested that Sehuna would tag along, but Sehuna really didn't want to intrude on the conversation.

 

Therefore, Sehuna would walk with Sookyung, Jonginna and Taemin instead. 

 

"I worried you were looking tired because you had gotten tired of us." Jonginna laughed along with Taemin.

 

Sehuna's eyes widened. Did she look bored? Would they think she didn't like her now? She forced a wide smile.

 

"Ha-ha, not at all," she awkwardly chuckled.

 

Sookyung cast her a worried glance and Sehuna continued to wear her forced smile. "Jonginna's not serious."

 

"Oh?" Sehuna bowed her head to apologize. "Sorry."

 

"No, no, I'm the one who should be sorry for making you misunderstand," Jonginna said, raising her hands in defense. "You usually walk with Lulu, so I just made a joke that maybe you missed her, that's all."

 

Sehuna made a note to remember what Jonginna had said. She needed to smile more, look like she's enjoying herself. Of course she enjoyed their company but she's not the type to express her feelings through facial expressions. 

 

 

♡♡♡

 

"I haven't seen Lu all day, this is quite odd," Suhonna mentioned. "Actually, not Baekhyuna either."

 

"Those two are probably still arguing," Tao replied. "However, isn't it weird how we haven't seen a single one of the SHINee boys or (f)x girls either?" Tao tilted her head to the side, in the direction of the table where SHINee and (f)x usually sat.

 

Sehuna couldn't help but advert her eyes into their direction. There's nobody there. Krystal wasn't even in class eariler today. Something must have happened and Sehuna sure hoped it didn't involve Baekhyuna or Lulu.

 

"Everything's pretty quiet without them around," Kris said.

 

"That's a good thing though," Layla said.

 

Taemin took a bite out of his sandwich. He was cheerful at first during the lunch, but after they brought up the topic of SHINee, Taemin instantly turned quiet. The girls present at the table, Tao, Suhonna, Chen, Layla, Kris and Sookyung didn't hesitate to talk though.

 

"Where's Minnie?" Sehuna asked out of the blue. "I haven't seen her either."

 

"Yeah, you're always with her Chen, aren't you?" Taemin seemed to appreciate the change of subject.

 

"She's in bed, sick," Chen explained.

 

"I hope she gets better soon," Sookyung worried.

 

Is this because of the conversation Lu and she had yesterday? Sehuna pondered although it's not her business.

 

"I should make her some chicken soup when I get home. Let's see, I'll need tomatoes, and some−" she started to rabble up all the ingredients they would need for the meal. Like a loyal girlfriend, Layla sat by her side left some suggestions here and there.

 

"They really need to spice up things in their relationship." Kris pursued her lips.

 

"Mhm, maybe with some y lingerie..?" Chen agreed.

 

"Don't. Just don't." Sookyung threw them a disgusted look.

 

"Aw come on! It's gonna happen some day, the sooner the better," Chen said.

 

♡♡♡

 

"I haven't seen Lu unnie since morning." Sehuna kicked a random stone laying around on the school grounds.

Sookyung and Sehuna were now walking home alone, their arms hooked together. "I'm sorry if I'm boring you."

 

"No, you're not boring at all," Sookyung said, "I've been worried you were bored of me actually." 

 

"Hey, we should have that baking lesson today," Sehuna said.

 

The pace of Sookyung's heart increased. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Why was Sehuna being so straightforward today!?

 

First with the arm locking and now she wanted to hang out with Sookyung? Sookyung thought the day Sehuna would propose for them to spend alone time together, would be the day when pigs fly.

 

Sookyung looked up in to the blue cloudless skies. Despite the rainy weather yesterday, today was just dull. And she couldn't spot any flying pigs either!

 

"W-what are you looking for?" Maybe she shouldn't have asked. Maybe Sookyung's busy.

 

"Flying pigs," Sookyung dazedly replied, "actually, anything out of ordinary."

 

"Uh... pigs can't fly..." Sehuna murmured. "Sookyung, maybe you're not feeling too well."

 

Face now dusted with a rosy hue, Sookyung did her best to restrain herself from hiding her face in her hands. She's embarrassing herself. Again! She's so dumb. Sehuna's gonna think she's a pshyco, or a wacko, and never talk with her again! Sookyung tugged at Sehuna's arm. "I-I want to!"

 

"You sure? You're a little red..."

 

"THAT'S NOT BECAUSE. UGH. IT'S BECAUSE." Sookyung was too flustered to reply. "BECAUSE I'M FEELING SHY!"

 

"Shy?" Sehuna chuckled. "I trust your baking skills. Either how, you're definitely better than I am." 

 

It wasn't exactly what Sookyung had meant, but maybe it'd be better this way.

 

"Do we need to buy anything?" Sehuna asked, breaking the silence.

 

"No, we've got all the ingredients," Sookyung said.

 

♡♡♡

 

"Sehuna, can you hand me a bowl?"

 

"Yes, Unnie."

 

"Sehuna, can you hand me two eggs?"

 

"Yes, Unnie." 

 

Sehuna mostly followed orders as they baked. Sehuna had never seen Sookyung so induldged with something.

 

It was actually entertaining to watch even though she didn't get to do much more but hand Sookyung tools and ingredients.

 

"Sehuna, do you want to taste the dough?" Sookyung flashed a soft smile. She had finally acknowledged Sehuna's presence, asking her for something else but "can you hand me blah blah blah?".

 

"If you don't mind..," Sehuna relucantly replied. 

 

"If I did mind, I wouldn't be asking, would I?" Sookyung grabbed onto Sehuna's cheeks. "You're too cute!"

 

"Kyah, unnie let go off my cheeks~" Sehuna struggled, but at the same time, she was laughing.

 

Sookyung let go, the soft smile still lingering. "You're being OOC today." 

 

(Author-nim: EXCUSE ME THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER WAS SO DARK I HAD TO LIGHTEN UP THE MOOD!!!)

 

Sehuna hoped Sookyung hadn't noticed that she had been trying to act lighter. Although most of them didn't seem to notice since she still kept her stone facade, just smiling a little bit more than usual. Sookyung didn't think she was being weird, though, right? She's trying to make a good change here!

 

"Maybe you're just opening up a little more," Sookyung let the subject go. "Laughing is good for you, and you're cute when you laugh, too, so do it more often."

 

"You're being out of character, too," Sehuna said.

 

"Am I really?" Sookyung's eyebrows creased. She's still being awkward and embarrasing herself, which un fortunately isn't very different from her usual behavior.

 

"I like you this way, you have a very lively visage," Sehuna said, either dead seriously or half-jokingly.

 

"Uh, and that means....?" Sookyung stared at Sehuna with her round, big orbs.

 

"Nothing." Sehuna shook her head, breaking away from Sookyung's curious gaze.

 

"R-right, do you wanna taste the dough now?" Sookyung asked. Sookyung let Sehuna have a taste and Sehuna nodded in approval. "Time to put it in the oven then... I guess.." Sookyung shyly scrambled over the oven.

 

Once done, she turned around wearing a confident smile again. "So, should we start cleaning?"

 

Sookyung took care of the dishes, washing and drying them. Sehuna wiped the table they had used with a rag and made sure they didn't drop anything on the floor. Sookyung's job was the harder one and Sehuna had offered to take care of it, but Sookyung didn't want Sehuna to tire herself.

 

"Unnie, do you need a hand?" Sehuna asked.

 

"What?"

 

"You've been standing in the same position for ten minutes. Can't you reach the top shelf?" Sehuna said.

 

Sookyung blushed for the thousandth time again but smiled at the same time. Sehuna's worried about her!

 

"No, I can manage," Sookyung said. "Sorry if I worried you." Sookyung stood on her tiptoes.

 

"Just be careful."

 

"I am careful."

 

The chair Sookyung stood on began to shake and Sehuna couldn't yell out fast enough, "w-watch out so you don't − !!!" The chair toppled over and Sookyung was sent crashing to the ground.

 

However, she never collided with the ground, instead Sehuna's small, snow white arms caught her.

 

"Sehuna, you caught me!"

 

"I couldn't let you fall, so catching you was the only option left." Sehuna helped Sookyung down on the ground, not able to hold the girl up any longer.

 

"You've got really... really good reflexes," Sookyung admiringly commented.

 

"Thank you, but all dancers do," Sehuna said.

 

"Now that you mention it. Jonginna's reflexes are amazing and she's flexible, too." Sookyung tried to keep the subject running, afraid that she'd turn into a tomato if she thought about Sehuna's warm embrace again.

 

The sound of the door clicking and opening alarmed the two girls. Sookyung who noticed how close they were standing, took a step backwards. Sehuna frowned. Didn't Sookyung like being close to her? Before she could question Sookyung, Chen came barging into the kitchen.

 

"WHAT'S THIS SMELL?" She raised a finger up in the air, looking almighty as she walked around the kitchen table.

 

"I DEMAND TO KNOW!"

 

"It's cupcakes, you idiot." Lulu came barging into the kitchen, Baekhyuna, Channie, Tao and Kris right behind her.

 

"You've been baking cupcakes, and you didn't invite me?" Kris pouted childishly.

 

"B-but you always eat all the dough up." Sookyung stuttered.

 

"Then you shouldn't have offered me any!" Kris said.

 

"But I didn't..." Sookyung whispered.

 

Lulu walked up to Sehuna, throwing an arm around the rainbow-haired girl's shoulder. "Did you miss me~?"

 

"I did, Unnie," Sehuna confessed. She noticed Sookyung's sad expression but the moment their eyes met, Sookyung looked away. "Sookyung and I had fun today though." 

 

"I'm sure you did." Lulu possesively glared at Sookyung. Sookyung clearly caught the message. She's mine! 

 

"Anyway, Lu, you said you wanted to tell us something?" Tao asked.

 

"Yes, today Lulu did the most dumbest thing in the universe," Baekhyuna announced.  "She found a new way to get her revenge."

 

"Uh-huh, I don't like the sound of that," Chen said.

 

"Unnie, what did you do?" Sehuna asked.

 

Lulu took a deep, shaky breath. "I want you girls to listen every carefully to what I'm about to say, because we're going to need all the help we can get." Lulu's eyes scanned their faces. "I challenged Kim Jonghyun to a duel."

 

"YOU DID WHAT!?!?"

 

 

 

 

A/N: Here's a Sehuna x Sookyung centered chapter for you guys!

 

There are some couple I am un sure about. Though HunHan is canon, and that won't change.

 

 I thought I should hold a poll. :)