Chapter 3- The Interrogation Process

Coincidence? Planned?

“Yoon Sung. Stop me if I start lashing at the new comer later.” Said Adiana as she sped off towards Seoul Hospital.
“HA. HA. HA. Heard of the Chinese proverb “自寻死路” which means to bring about one’s own doom? I am so NOT going to do that.” Came the reply from Yoon Sung.
“The last time I checked, it wasn’t a proverb, was it?”
“Where did you check that? Adiana’s dictionary, which happened to belong to the limited edition in the section of Chinese words? It has been a proverb even before your great great grandfather was born!”
“Remind me why am I trying to win an intellectual conversation with a 21 year old dongsaeng who got his PHD at 17?”
“You asked me to stop you from lashing at the newcomer later and I can only say that your mood swings can totally match that of your rising star sister.”
“Wrong. Mine is like the trivial case as compared to her. Hers is too advanced of a level for me to reach.”
“If you insist.”  Said Yoon Sung as Adiana parked her Porsche into the car park of Seoul Hospital.
“Yes. I insist that’s the case. You worked with her before, you should know what I mean.” retorted Adiana as she exited the Porsche.
“Well but that’s one of her charms.” replied Yoon Sung as he slipped on his identity pass, following after Adiana.
“Tell me about it. What other charms does she have?” Adiana continued as she walked towards the lift lobby, adjusting her identity pass in the process.
“Best shooting skills. Responsible. Good leader. Smart. Pretty. y and---” He paused both in words and in movement, standing right outside the open lift door as he suddenly realized the agenda of Adiana.
“Too slow, babe. The certified genius has fell into the trap.” said Adiana as she walked into the lift and turned to look at him while shaking her hand. As she held onto the ‘open door’ button, she continued “And are you ever gonna come in? I promise not to tell her if you admit defeat.” She ended the sentence, flashing him a innocent looking face.
“Fine. You win.” said Yoon Sung as he stepped into the lift as the doors closed behind him. Yet in his mind, the words swirled. “The person isn’t her. It’s you.”


They exited the lift at the 3rd floor to be presented with the sight of a crowd of E.L.Fs wailing in the waiting area and 3 security guards blocking the walkway, which led to the whole stretch of private wards and surgery rooms. As Adiana was about to walk towards the walkway, she saw a familiar face and turned her heel.
“Hye Mi. What are you doing here? I thought Cosy’s team had their off day today? What happened to your arm?” Adiana questioned as she approached the girl with a bandage around her arm.
“Injured it at the concert. Yeah. Was supposed to be enjoying my off day but they needed security for the concert so I volunteered.” Hye Mi replied.
“I see. Go home rest and take care. Mind to pop by our side tomorrow to record your statement?”
“Sure. It’s just one floor away.” Hye Mi answered and stepped into the lift. Adiana then walked up to the 3 security guards at the walkway and flashed her identity pass and walked in with Yoon Sung right behind her.


The wailing quieted down as they walked further into the walkway. Now it seems creepier, with all the quietness and only the sounds of shuffling feet. Adiana wasn’t comfortable with the atmosphere in the hospital at all and the walk in seemed forever.
“Yoon Sung, have you checked which rooms is Super Junior in?” She asked Yoon Sung.
“They’re just situated round the corner.”
Turning at the next corner, they saw them. The other Super Junior members as well as some nurses and doctors rushing about in between the rooms. A very sad and depressing aura can be felt from the members. She then approached the guy sitting nearest to her.


“Adi. It’s been quite some time since we last met right?” said a gloomy Eunhyuk as he looked up to see his childhood best friend’s sister. His eyes were already red from all the crying
“Yeah. How are they?” came the short reply from Adiana as she placed a hand on Eunhyuk’s shoulder.
“I have no idea...The doctors said that they were considered lucky that it’s not that serious till they have to amputate their arms because of the severely burnt cells. But it might be hard for them to dance as how they used to as the burn reached some of the muscles along the hands and along the arms..” Eunhyuk said as he dropped his head into his hands again.
“They’ll be fine, be strong. Oppa, mind to follow my colleague here to record a statement?” said Adiana as she signaled to Yoon Sung to bring Eunhyuk elsewhere to record his statement. Yoon Sung took the instructions and went forward to lead Eunhyuk into one of the corner for the recording of his statement.
She approached Donghae and was about to bring him for recording of statement when a pale skinned girl that measured around 5’1 appeared along the walkway and half ran, half walked towards her. As she came closer, Adiana could see her light green eyes with traces of gold in it.
“Feels like some reincarnation of vampire.” Adiana thought as Siwon pushed past her and grabbed the girl into a hug.


“Siwon Oppa, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!” She screamed as she pushed Siwon away.
“You said things will be fine! You said you guys will be back home early to celebrate with me! And that’s why I listened to you guys and stayed at home to rest! But why, why, why! I shouldn’t have stayed at home to rest! You guys almost deprived me the last chance of seeing a complete Super Junior.” The girl continued.
Siwon mentioned a soft sorry as she turned around to see a face unfamiliar to her.
“You are?” said the girl.
“Chief Inspector Adiana of the CID, Seoul Division. I believed you must be the Uki Choi, Siwon’s sister?”
“Yeah, that's right, I'm Uki Seohae Choi. Enlighten me of the conclusions you've drawn regarding this event.”
“SM claimed that it’s purely accidental and we currently have the same thoughts. We are still carrying out investigations and we will release the official statement once we reached the final conclusion.”
“Bull. This is too major to be an accident. In the first place, other than the pyrotechnicians, no one is even supposed to be near any of the gerbs at all so this whole damn thing must be planned in advance. I find no reason why the gerbs will suddenly be facing the people performing on the stage! I am going to help.”
“WHAT?” Adiana said as she gave Uki a questioning look.
“I said I am going to help in the investigations. And you know you can’t stop me.” replied Uki, not even a bit bothered by the look Adiana gave her.
“This is indeed the Uki,” thought Adiana as she gave a halfhearted laugh. “I am afraid that I won’t allow that.” Adiana stated, as a matter of fact.
“What makes you think you can stop me? Apparently you haven’t heard how I rescued the girls and helped the police dissolve one of the biggest human-trafficking ring and---”
“Don’t even start on that Vietnam case please. And may I know what you got out of there?  Half of your body paralyzed. Left side or right side? And like what you said, if this isn’t accidental, but planned, it shows how dangerous the person behind all this is as the life and death of those injured behind the surgery door is still unknown. I think we already had enough trying to explain to the E.L.Fs out there what happened and I don’t want to risk having to explain why the Uki Seohae Choi died in the process of helping us.”
“I---” Uki attempted to retort whatever she said but was cut off almost immediately.
“You think you are being selfless by doing that and don’t mind sacrificing for the members of Super Junior. But let me tell you, you are NOT being selfless. You are being selfish. So what if you sacrificed and died in the process of trying to find this mastermind behind all these? Yes, you will be commemorated as some hero and you just die, not having to care anything. But what about these people?” Adiana pointed to the Super Junior members who all had their heads up listening to the quarrel between Uki and Adiana.
“These people will forever live in guilt and sadness, knowing that you sacrificed for their safety. Is that what you want? People living in guilt because of your so-called selfless sacrifice? Woah. How selfless you are.” Adiana continued, sarcasm oozing from her words.
This left Uki staring at her, in disbelief. It was really harsh, but they were all true. Heechul muttered a soft “ouch” after listening to her. But being Uki, she refused to back down.
"Fine. You think you got all this under control? Alright. Show me what you can do, and when you utterly fail, don't you DARE come looking for me to help, 'cause I will ultimately spit in your face and walk away without a second thought. MY boys got hurt, and whether or not you say I can or can't, I'm GOING to help, just not you all. I'll come up with my OWN way of searching for the truth, and don't even think about coming to me for any of the answers I've dug up, alright? Oh, and another thing. Speak to me like that again, and I won't think twice about decking you." Uki spat back and stormed out of the place.
“I will go after her.” Siwon said and followed after the footsteps of Uki.

 

“That’s a good one.” Yoon Sung commented as he walked up to right of Adiana.
“I’ll take that as a compliment, now get back to work. And where the hell is Lee Anna?!” Adiana raised her voice a little, enough for everyone in the corridor to hear but not so loud as to get hushed by one of the staff there .
“Anna? My sister? She’s on her way down here. Why do you want to meet her?” Sungmin looked up and asked. “Good. Could you please get her to come over as soon as possible? I understand that she is worried about you and your members involving in this major accident, but she recently got chosen to join me and my team to work together. So you know how it goes right?” Adiana answered.
“Speak of the devil?” Yoon Sung pointed over to the other side of the corridor , spotting a girl panting and calling out Sungmin’s name.

 

“Oppa! Are you alright? Any injuries? What about the others? Who is injured? How injured are they?” Question after question was posted to her brother, making him speechless and unsure how he should start answering her.
“Your brother is fine, nothing happened to him. They’re in the emergency rooms now, getting their treatments. Leeteuk, Hangeng and Kibum got 3rd degree burns whilst Ryeowook and Yesung got 2nd degree burns each. So can you do what you’re supposed to do now?” Adiana answered calmly while Sungmin and Yoon Sung nodded in agreement with what was just said.
“Thanks for the answers, but I don’t think I have to answer to you on that. Thank you.” Anna replied back . “Oh really?” was all Adiana said , and she smiled sweetly to her .
“Damn I haven’t contacted her. Oppa now that you’re fine, I’ve got other things to do here. I’ll be right back okay?” Anna assured herself, and went to a corner to make a phone call.
Just then, Adiana’s phone buzzed. “Hello? Is this Adiana? I’m sorry I just reached the hospital not long ago. Where are you? I’ll go over.”
“I know that, because you just talked to her. By the way, I’m just beside your brother.” The line went dead, with Adiana waving to a bewildered Anna.

 

“Ermm. Hi, I am Lee Anna. Have always been a fan of yours since I started training in the CID.” A very flustered Anna came forward to Adiana and said, while stretching out a hand.
“Well. Apparently, I haven’t been a good enough idol to you to allow you to remember my face. Cut the introductions and proceed on with work, shall we? Donghae, if you would please.” Adiana took the handshake and then proceeded to lead Donghae to another corner for the recording of statement.
“Aish? What’s her problem, seriously?” said a frustrated Anna as she ran a hand through her hair and ruffled it.
“You will get used to it soon. Kim Yoon Sung. Welcome to the team.” said Yoon Sung as he extended his hand towards Anna.
“Lee Anna. Thanks. Nice to meet you.” said Anna, as she took the handshake.
“Ok. Let’s get the work started.” replied Yoon Sung as he led Sungmin to another corner for the recording of statement.
“He’s handsome..Aish. Anna. What are you thinking. Start working now!” mumbled Anna to herself as she went to lead the returning Siwon away for the recording of statement.

 

After recording the statement of everyone involved who was present at the hospital, Adiana, Yoon Sung and Anna stayed back and waited with the rest for the results of the surgery outcome. As the light of the “Surgery In Process” is dimmed, everyone stood up from their seats as the surgeon in-charge of Leeteuk came out of the room.
“Doctor, how is he? Is he fine? Will he become paralyzed? Will he---” A very worried Heechul blasted a series of questions at the surgeon as both his hands were on each side of the surgeon’s shoulder, shaking him hard.
Giving Heechul’s hands a gentle pat as he removed both hands from his shoulders, the surgeon replied, “Relax. His heart rate and respiratory rate had returned to be within the normal range. We did skin grafts on certain areas too. The gentleman will be fine. He is still under the effect of the narcotic though but he will be awake sometime in the night. However, there might be a chance that his right hand and arm won’t be as agile as before. So please be mentally prepared.”
Hearing his words, the members heaved a sign of relief as their leader was at least still able to live. An unconscious Leeteuk on the mobile hospital bed was then wheeled out of the room. An IV was inserted into his left arm as the nurses brought him to one of the private wards.
The other lights dimmed at around the same time too and each surgeon told something similar to the members and Adiana’s team.
“They are out of danger zone.”
“They are still under the effects of narcotic.”
“Be mentally prepared.”
“We better go check on them.” Heechul said as the last injured member was wheeled out of the surgery room.
“We will visit again tomorrow. You guys should have a good rest too.” said Adiana as the members split up and went into the different wards.
“So what do we do now?” asked Anna.
“Pick the 2 others up and head back to the HQ.” replied Adiana as she took out her phone and dialed Hyun Ae’s number while walking towards the lift.
“Is she always like that?” Anna threw the question to Yoon Sung as they followed after Adiana.
“You will get used to it. She can be quite fun to be around with when work isn’t involved.” Yoon Sung answered.
“Tell me about it.” said Anna as they turned the corner and saw Adiana signaling to them to board the lift quickly.

---Seoul World Stadium---

Hyun Ae and Seon Hee both did not forget to mouth “Good luck” to Yoon Sung before they exited the Porsche and headed towards the gates of the stadium. They took out their identity pass and slipped it through their heads as they walked on the pathway, seeing the throngs of fans still gathered outside the stadium, some in fits of tears and some just simply unable to accept the fact that the event just happened.
They showed their passes to the 2 police officers standing right at the entrance of the stadium, ducked and went under the “DO NOT CROSS” tape.
“Seon Hee, start recording the statement of the stage crew, if there’s any important findings, tell me. I will check with the forensics on their findings.” Hyun Ae said to her junior as she walked over to the forensic team gathered around the stage and Seon Hee proceeded to the backstage area.

 

“Hey Cece. Any findings?” Hyun Ae asked as she approached the lady who was inspecting the gerbs and instructing her fellow teammates to dismantle it and bring in back to the headquarters for more detailed investigations.
“Hyun Ae. Hmm. Even after inspecting the gerbs, I don’t really find anything wrong with it , no obvious marks or whatsoever. But one of the screws on the gerbs was a bit loose as compared to the rest but not that loose enough to shift away from its initial position unless something hit the stage with a very strong impact. We have to bring back the gerbs for more detailed findings, matching the compound in the gerbs to the report that the pyrotechnicians gave us and what’s not. We will send the report to you guys once we concluded our findings.” Cece replied and shouted over for her teammates to handle the gerbs with more care.
“I shall make my move first. We have finished inspecting the area. Will update you if anything crops up.” Cece continued as she ran towards her teammates who were carrying the gerbs.
“HYUN AE!! Here!” Hyun Ae turned to the direction of sound and saw Seon Hee waving to her from what seemed to look like the media area with all the equipments and soundboards and all. She walked over.
“What happened?” Hyun Ae questioned as she reached the corner.
“Hyun Ae, this is Miss Seo Mi, the head of in-charge for the pyrotechnics.” said Seon Hee as she introduced Seo Mi to Hyun Ae. “Miss Seo Mi, mind to start the whole story again about what you saw happening at the A1 moshpits?” Seon Hee continued as her eyes focused on Seo Mi again.
“When the event happened, it was when Super Junior was performing Don’t Don. As planned in the lineout, the A1 gerbs was planned to be fired just right before they sing the 2nd chorus. I have no idea why, but Leeteuk who was supposed to be at the A2 area walked over to A1 area. I mean you know how observant he is, always looking out at the placards the fans hold. So I guessed something happen at the A1 mosh pit area, which made me observed that area more closely. I could only see some shoving and pushing and the security personnel banged into the side of the stage and then I noticed that the gerbs were facing the Super Junior members and then Leeteuk was trying to help the security personnel and then I tried to stop my co-worker from firing and---”
“You did? Wasn’t it fire?” Said the man who was dressed in black, standing beside Seo Mi.
“I said ‘OH ! Don't fire the A1 gerbs.’ I remembered that very clearly. I can’t possibly be asking you to fire them when I saw that it was facing the SuJu members right?”
“I...only heard fire..You know how noisy it is in a concert..” replied the man as he lowered his head in guilty.
"Do you by any chance saw who the security personnel was?" Hyun Ae asked.
"No. It was too far for me too really see him or her properly." Seo Mi answered.
“OK. Seon Hee, bring Seo Mi to the side and continue the recording of her statement. As for you, mister, please tell me your version of your story.” said Hyun Ae as she stayed at the media area questioning the man in black and Seon Hee led Seo Mi away.

After a round of questioning with every stage crew who was present at the stadium, Hyun Ae and Seon Hee left the stadium after Hyun Ae received Adiana’s call and waited for her to pick them up at the entrance so they can be back at the headquarters to place all the current findings together.
Seon Hee stood at the entrance, hugging her jacket tighter around her and took out her Iphone, staring at the time.
“12.02am. Aish..It’s gonna be a long night.” Seon Hee mumbled as the bright headlights of the Porsche came in sight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHH! I feel so stress about this chapter and the next chapter especially because I just can't seemed to find a way to describe what I visualise when I am writing these 2 chapters>< Thanks to BamxAngiee for lending Uki to me to cameo. I hope that Uki is not too OOC. Anyway, do leave your comments and maybe more feedback on how we can improve more? I am still discussing with Adi about the characters' photos so we might post them up again someday and sorry about the self-praising there. It was just for laughs!(:

-Cosy

 

Huk ! Can't believe that it's so fast ! Story 1 ! And then probably 1 more update later would be Story 2 ! Well enjoy reading the story , and i hope to see comments ! :DD

- Adiana ^^V