Chapter 5 - Case 1 : Accidental?

Coincidence? Planned?

 

---In the lounge---
“Seon Hee! Wake up!!” Hyun Ae said as she shook the lump under the white blanket.
“Aish..I am so tired~~” Seon Hee whined as she sat up, her eyes still in slits and her hair ruffled.
“Seon Hee, I think you wouldn’t want the guys in the building to see this look of yours right?” Hyun Ae questioned as she held out a mirror right in front of Seon Hee.
Seon Hee unwillingly opened her eyes and upon seeing the reflection, her eyes suddenly shot open.
“Aish crap!” Seon Hee sprung out of the bed and dashed into the toilet.
“Forever working.” Hyun Ae let out a small laughter and walked out of the lounge.

---In Adiana’s room---
Adiana woke up as the bright lights shone through the binders and onto her face. She scanned her surrounding through slit eyes and realised that she had slept in her office yet again. As she sat up straight, the jacket that was on her slipped off her shoulders.

“Yoon Sung, so what did Cece say about sending over the report?” Adiana spoke into the phone.
“Hey. Morning.” Yoon Sung yawned as he held the phone between his right ear and right shoulder.
“She said that she will be able to send us the report at around 10am.” Yoon Sung continued as he continued beating the eggs in the bowl.
“Okay. I saw Anna’s message that we can visit the injured members at 11am for the recording of statements. Tell Cece that we will drop by her office at 10am and then after that we will head to the hospital. Want me to pick you up?”
“Sure. By the way, Adi, have you eaten breakfast?”
“I believe the genius can judge from my sleepy voice that I just woke up?”
“I will make you some? I am making breakfast for myself anyway.”
“Thanks! I will see you later then. And, thanks for the jacket.”
“No prob. What will happen to the team if our leader fell sick?”

“Yoon Sung, how would I survive without you? See you later at around 9.45? Am gonna wash up now.” Adiana said and hung up the phone.
“Bye..” Yoon Sung said into the dead line and a smile crept onto his face. He looked to the clock that was at the counter. 8.45AM. Another hour more.

9.35am. Yoon Sung looked at his watch, tapping his feet in sync with the music coming through the earphones which were plugged into his Ipod. He was early, like 10 minutes before supposed meeting time. He held onto the box in his hand as he stared down the lengthy road, hoping to see the silver Porsche come in sight. 5 minutes past and the silver Porsche made its appearance. It pulled up in front of Yoon Sung and he climbed into the front passenger seat.

“You are early.” Adiana said as she sped down the road.
“Well, same to you. Anyway, your breakfast.” Yoon Sung said as he passed the box to the driving Adiana.
“Mr genius, if you do not happen to notice, I am driving NOW.” Adiana said, turning to look at him with one raised eyebrow.
“Well. If you don’t mind, I can lend you the service of my hand..” Yoon Sung mumbled to himself which unfortunately or fortunately didn’t went unheard by Adiana.
“Sure. I hoped you prepared something that would not cause a big mess in my car.” Adiana replied, causing Yoon Sung’s eyes to widen.
He opened the cover to take out a sandwich and let Adiana took a bite out of it. The Porsche parked into the open car park of the forensic science building just as Yoon Sung fed Adiana the last bit of the sandwich.
“Thanks man.” Adiana gave Yoon Sung a pat on his back and walked ahead of him, through the glass entrance and Yoon Sung tailed behind her.

---Forensic Science Building---
The lift door opened at level 4 and both Adiana and Yoon Sung walked out of it and was presented with a white office filled with many scientific equipments.
“Kim Sang Bum! What are you doing here buddy! Your team isn’t not any big cases now, right?” Yoon Sung said as he walked up to his friend and pulled him into a friend hug.
“Yeah. Came to eat breakfast with my mum. She went up to her office already. Anyway, Cece is out for another case so before she left, she wanted me to pass this report to you guys.” Sang Bum replied as he passed the brown file over to Adiana.
“Did Cece mentioned about anything else?” Adiana asked as she flipped through the report.
“She thinks that someone deliberately pushed the gerb to make it shift from the original position. The loose screw is the result of someone forcefully pushing it. But yet this person apparently manage to push the gerb when it’s hot. I mean---”
“How do you even know so much about this case?” Yoon Sung questioned, cutting off his sentence.
“Too major a case to miss? Heck. Even Cosy knows about this. Anyway, let me continue. You know how metal expands when heated and etc.? That’s why only one of the screws became loose and not all. If the gerb were forcefully pushed into the accidental position when they are not heated, all the screws would have been loose.” Sang Bum continued his explanation.
“And also. The amount of aluminium powder in the gerbs is slightly above the usual range.”
“Indeed, the son of the director of the Forensic department.” Adiana said and closed the file, passing it to Yoon Sung.
“Thanks. Anyway, tell your boss that I feel like drinking Starbucks.” Adiana said as she snapped her fingers and then held her chin.
“What? Random much?” Sang Bum ran his tongue over his upper lips before biting on the bottom lips and finally kept both lips together as he have no idea what else to reply.
“Ok. We shall make our move. See you around HQ.” Adiana said as she waved bye to Sang Bum and Yoon Sung pulled the guy into another friendly hug before going after his boss.
“Another Cosy in making.” Sang Bum said to himself, shaking his head as Cosy’s face appeared at the back of his mind.

---Seoul Hospital---
As Adiana and Yoon Sung walked into the walkway again, the creepiness and quietness came to them again. Adiana opened the first door and walked in to see Leeteuk in bandages, with IV drops attached to him.
“Oppa, feeling better?” Adiana asked as she pulled a chair to sit beside the bed.
“Neh. Still not dead yet. Looking on the bright side, I do not have to go into army anymore.” Leeteuk replied, flashing her one of his bright smile.
“Come on, oppa. I know you too well to believe that. Yoon Sung, can you please record the statements for the others? Get Anna to help you too.”
“Okay sure.” Yoon Sung replied and got out of the room.
“Since you are here, I think we will go down to get something for you guys. Kangin?” Heechul said as he left the room with Kangin behind him.

“So oppa, what happened? Weren’t you supposed to be at the A2 mosh pit area? Why did you go over to the A1 side?”
“I saw what seemed to be like a quarrel to me at the A1 side. So I went over and wanted to see what was going on. I mean, I want the fans to enjoy our last concert to their fullest. So when I walked over, I just saw the security personnel being pushed towards the stage, and I reached out my right hand to try to help her up.”

“What made you so sure that the security personnel is a girl?”
“She’s like right in front of me and she has long hair? But as I reach out my right hand, I felt 2 pairs of hands tugging on each side of my arm, trying to pull me back and then I felt fire coursing through my body.”
“Would you be able to recognise the security personnel now if she is in front of you?”
“Honestly speaking? No. It was dark and everything was happening so quickly.”
“Okay..Thanks for helping us with the investigations.” Adiana said as she asked a few more questions while jotting down the answers.

“Oppa, if there’s nothing wrong with the statement, can you please sign down here?” Adiana passed the statement to Leeteuk while pointing at a box at the lower right hand corner. Leeteuk took the pen in the hand and tried holding it vertically upright but his right hand just refused to obey to his orders. The pen fell from his hand and he tried again, it fell and he tried again. After the 5th time, it fell and rolled to the floor. The rim of Leeteuk’s eyes had turned red and he let his hands fell to both side of his body with a ‘thud’. Looking at the situation before her, Adiana’s eyes started to become watery as she bend down to pick up the pen and wiping the tears off before Leeteuk could see it. At this point of time, if she were to break down in front of him, who could hold him back up? As she stood up, she took Leeteuk’s right hand up and placed the pen in his open palm.
“Oppa, you just need time. You will recover. Trust me. Just don’t think too much about it now.” Adiana said as she tried her best to hold back her tears.
“Thanks Adi.” Leeteuk said, giving her a smile in an attempt to cover his sadness.
“Oppa, you can just drop the act in front of me, in front of your members. It hurts us even more to see you trying to hide what you feel from us. If you feel sad, let us share it with you. Don’t ever keep it to yourself, please.” Adiana said as she kept the statement into a brown file.
“I have to go off now. Oppa, take care alright?” Adiana said as she walked out of the door. As she closed the door behind her, she leaned against the door and a tear escaped from her right eye and slid down her cheek.

---Headquarters---
“Finally?” Hyun Ae said as Seon Hee walked into the team’s office.
“Thanks for waking me up one hour in advance.” Seon Hee said as she sat down on one of the chairs around the middle table.
“If you want to thank me, help me call Hye Mi now.” Said Hyun Ae as she walked to her desk and took her Iphone to check if there is any message from Adiana.
“Hye Mi ah~ Are you at HQ now? Mind to come down now for the recording of statement?” Seon Hee said into the phone.
“Okay~ See you in a while~” Seon Hee continued after a pause and hung up the call.
“Seriously, do you have to go around doing that? If I didn’t know, I would be thinking that you are talking to your boyfriend.” Hyun Ae said as she walked over to the middle table with a brown file and sat in one of the chairs.
“It’s called being friendly. Anyway, she will be coming down in 5 minutes.” Seon Hee said.
“Well, if you insist.” Hyun Ae retorted as she lied back against the chair.

“Hey girls!” Hye Mi greeted as she walked into the room and invited herself to one of the chairs.
“Oooh! You are here! Let’s have breakfast together after this.” Seon Hee said as she opened the file and took out a pen.
“Breakfast? It’s like 11am now?” Hyun Ae questioned as she spun the pen in her right hand.
“Okay~ Brunch or whatever~” Seon Hee retorted.
“Hye Mi, were you the one who got into the accident with the fangirl at A1 moshpit?” Hyun Ae asked directly.
“Yes--”
“So you were the one who shifted the gerb when you were being pushed and that’s why your arm is injured now. Correct?” Hyun Ae questioned in an interrogative manner, cutting off Hye Mi’s explanation.
“Hyun Ae ah. Why are you like this? She’s a teammate.” Seon Hee said in a soft voice.
“Well. It’s undeniable that she is the most suspicious now right? Hye Mi. I hope you understand that I am just demarcating work and private life.”
“I understand.”
“So is that how you injured your arm?”
“No. It was injured during rehearsal. I bumped into one of the heated gerbs but it was still at it’s original position when the stage crew did a last check on them. If you don’t believe me, you can ask any of the stage crew.”
“Seon Hee. Call a few of them and ask if there was this incident.” Hyun Ae said and Seon Hee went out of the room to make the phone calls.

“Did you hit the gerb when you banged into the stage?” Hyun Ae continued the questioning.
“I didn’t. Why would I? My godfather was an officer. He saved me when my family was dead. He gave me a home. He trained me in the academy. Even thought he’s dead now, but I still remember what he taught me. Now, I have you guys that I see as my close brothers and sisters. This place is family. Why would I want to forsake all there?” Hye Mi said, her eyes turning red as she bit her lower lip in an attempt to hold back her tears.
Hyun Ae took the tissue box from one of the nearby table and passed it to her while muttering a soft “sorry”.
“Hyun Ae. What she say was true. It did happen during rehearsal.” Seon Hee said as she walked into the room and stopped in her tracks when she noticed Hye Mi almost in tears.
“Erm. Is the recording done? I have things that I have to finished up back in office.” Hye Mi said in an attempt to break the awkward silence.
“Yeah. Sign here and it’s done.” Hyun Ae said and pointed to the box at the lower left hand corner of the paper. Hye Mi took up the pen, signed and walked to the door.
Before she stepped out of the room, she turned and look back to Seon Hee and said, “Seon Hee. I’m sorry. We will have brunch again some other day.” And then, she left the room.
Once Hye Mi left the room, she brushed the tears of her cheeks with her right hand and a smile formed on her face as she stepped into the lift.


“OK guys. Conclusions? Adiana asked as she opened the brown file in front of her.
“When we asked about the quarrel happening at the A1 moshpits, Hangeng and Kibum both said that they didn’t see it because they were focused on the song itself. Their focus were only shifted when Leeteuk walked over to their side, and they saw Leeteuk extending his hand to someone down stage. At the same time, they saw the gerb that were pointing to their leader and they know the A1 gerbs were supposed to be fired so they rushed forward and attempted to pull him back but they got injured too.” Yoon Sung said, summarising the statements of the 2 other members with 3rd degree burns.
“Same thing from Ryeowook and Yesung. But they didn’t see the gerb pointing at them as they were standing at the back.” Anna continued.
“What about Hye Mi?” Adiana threw the question to Hyun Ae and Seon Hee.
“Hye Mi bumped into one of the heated gerbs during the rehearsal and was scorched by it. Hence the injury. And the gerbs were still in position during the last check. However, she denied hitting the gerb when she banged into the stage and--”
“Why are you using the word however. It’s not like she’s the one right?! There isn’t even any reason for her to do that.” Seon Hee said in defence of Hye Mi.
“I am just---”
“STOP IT! So, Seon Hee, did you check with the stage crew if what Hye Mi said was true?” Adiana said, effectively silencing both of them.

“Yes. I called 5 of them and they confirmed the truth of Hye Mi’s statement.” Seon Hee replied.
“Okay. So that means that the person could have shifted the gerb from anytime between the last check till before the firing of them at Don’t Don?” Yoon Sung voiced out, summarising everything.
“Yes. And that means from 5.10pm to 8.10pm, in this 3 hours period, anyone could have shifted the thing. BUT. Considering the report Cece gave us, the only possible timing that the shifting of the gerb would happen would be from 5.10pm to 6.10 pm and 7.10pm to 8.10pm, since the gerb would have to be heated. Correct?” Anna said holding the pen up, the end pointing at a random direction.
“Yes. So Anna and Yoon Sung---”
*If U ain’t gonna dance
get’ cha..out the club
get’ cha out the club
get’ cha out the club*

Adiana’s phone rang and she mouthed ‘Sorry’ before picking it up.
“...... WHAT?! …...  But! …... No way! …... I know but--- …... Are they freaking serious? …... No! I won’t do it  …... WTF! You---  …... You don’t hang up on me! Hello? HELLO!?!” The face of Adiana turned darker and darker at every pause and finally she flared up at the dead line and hurled her iPhone across the room into the wall and the only sound that filled the silent room was the iPhone shattering into pieces.

“Adi? What happened?” Yoon Sung asked cautiously in fear of provoking her even more.

“Message from the top. SM requested to announce the case as accidental by today and halt all investigations. They don’t ing give a damn whether if that’s the case or not. The whole accident had already been headlining the news for the past few days and their stocks have been plunging ever since. They have already booked the ing venue and sent out ing press invitation to the reporters. They just need someone from the CID to run the show now.”

“WHAT!?” Anna shouted as she stood up from her chair and banged her fist on the table.
“You guys just continue with the investigation. Just show your face at the press conference later. I will have to prepare the speech.” Adiana said in a indifferent tone as she picked up her file and left the meeting room. Then, the 4 left in the meeting room heard the slamming of a door and they all knew knowingly that Adiana was definitely pissed. Heck. All of them was pissed as well.

“AISH!! Even me, who is always so casual about things won’t do this. They are lives!! Forsaking them just for money?” Seon Hee said with annoyance.
“Well. It’s SM. They won’t have so many contract issues for no reason. OOPS!” Hyun Ae said in sarcasm, evoking a cold snide from the rest.

“I really wonder why are the artistes staying on. Why is my brother even staying on?” Anna said in response.
“Oh wells. Ignore it. Let’s just proceed on.” Yoon Sung said as they continued the discussion.

---Iris Room, Grand Intercontinental Hotel---
Cameras lights started flashing as Adiana went onto the stage, followed by the director of SME and the director of the CID who didn’t dare to look at his subordinate in the eyes. The trio bowed at the same time and sat at their respective seats behind their name stands.

“The reason why we hold this press conference is to announce the investigation results of the case pertaining to Super Junior’s injury. Adiana, would you please.” The director of SME spoke into the microphone.

“I am Chief Inspector Adiana, the in-charge of this case. After investigations, we came to the conclusion that this case is purely accidental as the screws of the gerb wasn’t firm and when an accident happened among the fans and a security guard at the A1 mosh pits, the security guard was pushed by the fans into the stage, hence, shifting the position of the affected gerb in the process. And as such, investigations will cease from here.” Adiana spoke into the microphone and stood up and got off stage, not willing to address anything else.
 
 
 


End of case 1? What will happen after that? Continue looking forward then!!(: And I love all the comments!! And have been really busy recently. SIGHHHH!! Pimples are like popping out because of the lack of sleep): (i also lack of sleep ! been working night shifts !) I feel as though I’m a walking zombie ): Sad life):
 
End of Case 1 . Is this really the end though ? It may be the end , but I'd say that it's just marks a new begining for everyone . Anticipate ! :D Comments are love ! ^^ Been busy too , like Cosy . And am itching to catch a flight back to Korea again . Life's been y till now , and will still be the same (i think) till graduation next year . ): Well , good luck to me and everyone out there reading this story . Hope you guys like it till now ! ^^
Stay tuned for moreeeeeeeeeeee ! :D