Chapter 19 - The Truth

Coincidence? Planned?

“Oppa! Can you just please tell Adi what’s happening? She has been harping about some sinister evil plot going behind her back for the whole freaking afternoon.” Cosy whined and continued and said that for the period of time that Adi had nagged at her, she would give double that amount to Minho, the mastermind who came up with this absolutely ‘brilliant’ plan.

“Senior Inspector Cosy, attention!” Minho decided to use his authority in counterattack of her whines. Apparently, agreeing to her meet-up in the lounge was a very bad idea. Sure, Cosy was his favourite dongsaeng but she could be really whiny. Shaking his head, Minho slid a letter across the table towards Cosy who was still at attention.

“Oppa...don’t tell me you are giving me a retrenchment letter just because I was whining for that little while?” Cosy said, her tone softer, thinking that she might had really crossed the line. No matter how close a brother Minho was, boss is still boss.

Minho stared at her and raised an eyebrow before laughing. “Are you crazy? Relax. It’s a letter supposedly for DooJoon but Hyemi intercepted it and sent it to me.” Minho said.

“WHAT?” Adiana’s ears perked up as she heard Hyemi’s name being mentioned. Wanting to find out so desperately about what was happening behind her back, Adiana had followed Cosy to the lounge and eavesdropped behind the door. At the mention of Hyemi’s name, thousand of thoughts were flying through a brain but she couldn’t find a logical situation that made sense to her. Unable to control her anger, she self-invited herself into the room with a force that made the door flew open. The two pairs of eyes looked up at her and an awkward silence filled the room.

“Boss. I think I have a witness’ statement that I had to settle. I shall take my leave.” Cosy tried to make up a random weak excuse, taking the letter on the table and was about to successfully escape from this hell of silence and the impending wrath of Adiana when she heard the voice of death.

“Dearest Cosy, why are you leaving? I am sure you would be a big help to our boss here in trying to explain the situation to me.” Adiana spat with sarcasm. Muttering a curse under her breath, Cosy took the seat beside Minho as Adiana sat opposite them.

Adiana leaned back into the sofa, her arms folded as she demanded an explanation, her eyes filled with fury. Minho tried to avoid eye contact with her as much as possible. He felt like a failure in this situation. Both of them were his dongsaengs and what’s more, he was the highest in charge in this building! Yet, these two could really be the death of him. They were like the symbol of fear among the police force. Maybe Cosy could still be subdued but Adi was definitely a no-no.

“Er. Long story short. Hyemi is our undercover there.” Cosy muttered but didn’t went unheard by Adiana .
“What?!” Adiana slammed her palms on the table and stood up. “She killed Jung Hwa, caused Super Junior to suffer from degree burns, 2PM to suffer from food poisoning so what the was going through your brain when you thought of that?” She fumed on. “When?” She added, implying when the whole undercover mission started.

“Before we went Maldives. After you left the prison knowing why she wanted to kill you, I met her.” Cosy answered. Lies or not, her life is really on the line now, not literally though she hope she was dead instead.

“.” Adiana cursed. “She must be the one behind this 2NE1 case then.” She added or rather insisted.
“You cannot mix personal grudges with work, sis. You have no evidence that she is behind this 2NE1 case anyway.” Cosy jumped to Hyemi’s defend.
“Yes, she was wrong to kill JungHwa and cause harm to Suju and 2pm but I am very sure she’s not involved in the 2NE1 case.” Minho continued on..


“How sure are you? If you guys had never let her out, maybe the 2NE1 case would have never happened!” Adiana rebutted.

“No. If we never let her out, we would not have any clues or leads at all.” Cosy argued, taking out the envelope. “This. Was given by Hyemi. It was supposed to be addressed to DooJoon but she intercepted it to give it to us. During our stay in Maldives, she had been updating us with information as well.” Cosy tried to get her points across logically to the now illogical Adiana.

“Oh really? Then apparently she is useless since 2NE1 still got injured.” Adi said.

“I know you have a personal grudge against her but can you focus on the case on hand? I’m your superior and I went through the standard procedure to make her our undercover and that includes trainings as well as psychological tests to proof that she is genuine in trying to help us. The test was conducted by Mr Andrew Kim Eun Gi, your favourite psychology professor as well as the top psychologist in the profession so don’t try to say that his skills are not up to standard. She’s also under direct supervision by Cosy and me personally. I’m sure she really wanted a chance to redeem herself.” Minho stated. He can’t be bothered anymore if Adiana wasn’t taking this explanation. He was irritated as well. He was the Superintendent of Police and yet his actions were questioned by his subordinate. .

Adiana just sat in the armchair, with a whole whirlpool of information and events going on through her mind. She didn’t know what to think, what to say or even how to respond. She felt as if she was torn up on her insides.
“Sis, I think you should slowly ponder over what Minho oppa just said. I shall proceed on with the investigations first.” Cosy said taking her leave, with the approval of Minho.

 

A double update !! For a Merry Cristmas everyone ! :D Enjoy your Christmas ! ^^~ Log cakes and presents and turkey ! HAHHA  - Adiana