Chapter 16 - I Am Number 3

Coincidence? Planned?

 

-1 day ago-

Ever since YG Entertainment released the news that they would be filming the real life version of ‘Hate You’ to thank BlackJacks for their support towards 2NE1 for the past 5 years of debut, there has been much buzz over the film making. With the addition of all the accidents pertaining to the idols, the public had also been very concerned about the safety of the 2NE1 ladies especially since ‘Hate You’ had quite a number of action scenes. As such, YG Entertainment made sure that there would be no strangers allowed on set and all the entrances are guarded securely by trusted security personnel. Even the stunt actors and actresses had to be checked on their background and experience to ensure that there wouldn’t be any mishaps. Not much was revealed to the media as well other than that the villain would be played by BEAST’s Yoon Doo Joon. Not even a single reporter was allowed into the filming site as well.

“Check all the props again. Especially the guns, wires and lighting.” The director instructed for the 5th time yet again as the filming crew went through the check one more time. According to the press release sent out by the CID team, the pyrotechnics, guns, wires and lighting are the most possible items that the criminal would target.

“Alright. All on standby. We will continue with scene 1.” The director instructed through the megaphone as the 2NE1 girls emerged out of the make up rooms. The girls and Doo Joon gathered in front of the director as the director gave them a short briefing roughly on what they are supposed to do. The artistes were listening intently, not wishing to give a slip shod job, letting their audience down.

“This is a gun and action scene, so everyone be careful alright? Now let’s do this!” The director hollered into the megaphone as the artistes head off to their respective stations. The girls climbed into the pink jeep at the far end of the set while Doo Joon hopped onto the sports car just beside it.

The two vehicles started racing at the start with Minzy taking care of the driver seat on the jeep. As the 2 cars came side by side to each other, CL took out her pistol and aiming it at Doo Joon, pulled the trigger. His vehicle swayed violently as the windshield took the bullet, shattering into pieces as one of the glass pieces slit across Doo Joon’s cheek.  

To get a minor revenge at them, Doo Joon drove right up to the jeep and drove right into them hard from the left. The jeep taking the impact went a bit off track for a while. As the jeep stabilized under Minzy’s superb driving skills, Bom emerged from the roof of the jeep and took out her shot gun. She was about to fire her gun at Doo Joon but missed. Doo Joon fired back immediately, disarming her and also injuring her in the process.

Bom slumped onto the top of the jeep, saddened and then unexpectedly collapsed, which was not part of the script at all. The other 3 girls crowded around her with an apparently worried face.

“CUT! GREAT TAKE!” The director shouted and immediately Minzy shouted for someone to call the ambulance. At the revelation, the production crew ceased all operations and went forward to the injured girl to see what exactly has happened. Then they saw it. A bullet hole at her left shoulder blade as blood stained the area around it.

“Didn’t I say to check all the props?!” The director screamed as his assistant scurried off to inform Yang Hyun Suk himself about what happened.

Camera lights went off as an ambulance drove through the throng of reporters and fans crowded around the blockage. An ambulance could only mean one thing, the culprit had gotten his third victim.


-At HQ-

As both cars of Cosy and Adiana’s team drove pass the HQ building towards the carpark, they were taken aback by the amount of reporters and the swarm of fans at the entrance of the building, demanding for an explanation.

“Gosh....Why can’t we just stay in Maldives forever. ARGH!!” Hyun Ae complained.
“MY GOD. Look at that crowd.” Jae Suk exclaimed.
“Yah! Your front!” Kari shouted as Cosy who was at the passenger seat reacted quickly and stepped on the emergency brake just before the car run over a cat.
“Phew...Jae Suk. Can you focus on driving, seriously?” Sang Bum complained, “I wouldn’t want to see your face appearing on my facebook wall about how you caused a cat to die a terrible death you know.” Sang Bum continued as the rest tried their best to hide the smile on their faces.
“Yeah. Said the one who failed twice and still unable to get his driving license.” Jae Suk retorted as he reversed the car into the parking lot.

Both teams returned to their respective offices to settle down and gather their stuff before they had to proceed to the meeting room for investigation matters.

“Cosy, could I borrow you for a second?” Minho said as he walked into the Cosy’s office. Lee Minho was the Chief Director at another branch but was transferred back recently to be in-charge of the teams at HQ and of course, the useless Chief Director at HQ had been transferred to the branch that Minho was from.
“Alright. Everyone, be at the meeting room with Adiana’s team in 15.” Cosy said as she followed Minho into the lounge.

“Here you go.” Minho passed her 10 iPads and 10 forms as soon as she sat down on the couch.
“Woah? For our own personal usage or?”
“No. The iPad has been reformatted that it will only contain information of all the cases and etc which means no apps or whatsoever. Photos from the forensic science team would also be sent directly into the iPads. And before I forget, get the rest to fill up the form and return it to me by today.” Minho answered.
“So we upgraded from paper files to iPads? How awesome is this.” Cosy answered and she took up one of them and started configuring the settings.
“If there isn’t anything else, you can get back to work.” Minho instructed and was about to leave before Cosy faked a cough causing him to turn and look at her.
“Oppa. I didn’t forget that LV bag that you promised to give me in return for helping you.” Cosy stated as she flashed her brightest smile at him.
“I knew it. Get it from me at my office later when you are returning me the forms.” Minho said and rolled his eyes at her. Cosy’s heart did a mini celebration in her and as was about to leave the room with all the iPads and forms when she was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.
“And girl, don’t tell anyone about Hye Mi, not even Adi alright?” Minho said.
“I get it, oppa. I shall get back to the investigations now. See you later!” Cosy answered back and left the room.

“Where’s Cosy? If even Seon Hee is here, I see no reason why she would be late.” Sang Bum said, earning stare daggers from Seon Hee.
“Unless she decides to flirt with our new in-charge.” Jae Suk continued.
“She isn’t you and besides she knew Minho for quite a long time already.” Hyun Ae shot back at him when they heard someone kicking the door to the meeting room.
“Aish. Whoever is it, can’t you just open the door?” Gyuri said as she opened the door since she was seated the closest to it.
“Can’t.” Cosy replied as she placed the 10 iPads and the forms which had occupied both her hands on the table to the awe of the rest.

“My apologies for being late as I had a meeting with our new in-charge and I think he will pop by to make his introduction later and no, I didn’t flirt with him.” Cosy said, looking directly at Jaesuk “Anyway, HQ decided to get things upgraded and we won’t have paper files from now on so all the information would be in the iPad and the forensic department will be able to send it into the iPad directly as well. Their stand on saving the Earth.” Cosy continued as she took the first one on the top of the pile.
“This is mine as I have configured it just now, the rest just take and fill up the forms. All of them are the same so it doesn’t matter.” Cosy instructed as the rest proceeded to take one iPad each.

“THERE IS NO APPLE STORE?!” Yoon Sung whined and gave a pout.
“Unfortunately, the iPad is reformatted to only contain our confidential documents and that means whoever who lost his or hers will have a great penalty.” Adiana said as she looked through her iPad.
“Anyway, fill up all the forms now and pass it back to Cosy so that we can start our meeting quickly.” Adiana instructed and within a few minutes, all 10 forms were back with Cosy including the one that she filled in herself.

“Okay, so we shall start the meeting now. Shared folder A is only accessible to my team and shared folder B, Cosy’s team. Shared folder C is accessible to everyone and the file for the YG incident this time should be in there.” Adiana instructed as she tapped in and indeed, all the information was there as they proceeded on with the meeting.

I am really sorry guys!!! But like I promised, before October ends! Hope you enjoyed the chapter even though I don’t like hurting Bom a single bit>< And I know this chapter isn’t that good as we totally ran out of very brilliant descriptive words..But I hope everyone is happy now that we have iPads instead of paper! MUAHAHAHA!! Please give us a bit more time for the next chapter okay(: Comment comment and subscribe subscribe!! Your comments are what keep us going!(:

Sorry guise for the super duper late update ! X( Had to change the story a bit for the real life shoot but hope this is alright ! It hurts to see Bom getting hurt for all this >< Totally unfair ! This was kinda rushed but hope you guys still like this ! I needa buy more time from you guys for the next chapter aite ? :D Comment and Subscribe , pretty please ? (: