Chapter 9 - Playing with Devils

Coincidence? Planned?

“Ok. Time to go for the meeting. Come on,” Adiana said as she stood up from the chair.

“Damn it! I am not involved in this case anymore! Have the meeting without me for all I care!” Cosy raised her voice and buried her head back into the pile of papers on her table.

Adiana, who actually intended to walk out, just poked her head out of the room.

“Guys! Venue changed to Cosy’s room! Move everything in now!” Adiana shouted.

Everyone scrambled and moved chairs and into Cosy’s office, whispering to each other. Adiana stood beside the table waiting for everyone to settle down before starting the meeting.


“Seriously? What the . This place isn’t big enough for 10 people!”

“Well, since you are not going to the meeting, we are bringing the meeting to you.”

“I am out of here!” Cosy stood up from her chairs to be pinned back down by Jae Suk and Sang Bum.

“YA!!! I am your boss if you do not happen to know!” Cosy said and sent a death glare to both the guys.

“Sorry boss. Orders from the other boss,” Jae Suk attempted to explain.

“Get it into your damn ing big heads that your direct boss is me! So you better let go this instant!” Cosy continued in a cold tone, a murderous aura coming from her.

“Just shut the up and listen to me alright?! Stop being such an immature brat. You are 22 for goodness’ sake!” Adiana glared at the younger girl, and silence filled the small, enclosed room.

Adiana regained her posture and started her talking. As she did that, she passed down a piece of photocopied document to all the rest of the members.

“The photocopied document that I’m handing down is a report done by the forensics on the food poisoning case. Contents inside showed that the milk which they consumed that day was contaminated before. It could be when the milk was delivered over to the recording studio.”

She let the others read through the report for a while.

“So...the presence of milk solids meant that the milk was contaminated?” Seon Hee asked, earning eye rolls from the few people around her.

“Seon Hee, I seriously wonder how you got into the team. When the milk carton hits the floor with a major impact, chemical reactions causes the milk solids to form at the bottom of the packaging slowly. It normally takes a few days at the most to notice the difference. Get it?” Sang Bum explained, shaking his head in disbelief that Yoon Hee actually voiced out that question.

“Babe, if you don’t know, just wait for someone to ask. Don’t be the dumb one,” Jae Suk, who was sitting beside Seon Hee, whispered into her ear.

“Ya! So does that mean you had no idea, too?!” Seon Hee hissed back at Jae Suk, earning a smirk from him.

“Yeah, he didn’t know, so stop flirting already. This is business. Mr. Moon Jae Suk, I would totally appreciate it if you keep your flirtatious nature outside of work,” Cosy said in a cold tone, as though she had admitted defeat to the scary Adiana and is staying on the case.

“Sorry, boss. But you know I only have eyes for you,” Jae Suk attempted to say in a romantic manner, but in turn, caused an uproar of laughter to erupt in the room as a pen flew right into his face.

Sang Bum, with tears in his eyes, looked at Jae Suk, and said, half laughing, “Sorry man, but after 4 years, I still don’t get how you just have no idea who you are messing with.”

“That’s mean, Cosy. You hurt my little pride~” Jae Suk murmured quietly.

“I heard that, but too bad,” Cosy said with her head cocked to the side as though she didn’t give a damn.

“Right, people, let’s get back to the pressing issue here, yeah? I need some of you to check on who exactly did the delivery of the milk, and from whom they came from,” Adiana stated.

“Sis. It’s damn freaking obvious it’s from HOTTESTs,” Cosy replied as she rolled her eyes.

“It’s obvious I want to check who the HOTTESTs are and who is involved in the packing,” Adiana retorted.

“Not really that obvious,” Gyuri cut in immediately after Adiana’s last word.

“Yes, Gyuri! I love you so much, man!” Cosy snapped her fingers and stuck her tongue out at Adiana.

"Well, it could have been the people from KBS who are in charge of the logistics of the delivery, or even their endorsers. It may not be the HOTTESTs as well?" Hye Mi questioned back.

“Sorry to burst your bubble, but Hye Mi, I am very sure that for the first-ever comeback stage, the food will always be sent by the fanclub, which means that in this case, it’s HOTTESTs. Plus, Junsu messaged me just before 2PM’s stage that they received the food delivery from HOTTESTs,” Gyuri shot back.

Cosy’s eyes widened as she requested for Gyuri’s phone to see Junsu’s message to her.


Gyuri ah.. I am hungry!! ): - Junsu

Hahaha! I thought your lovely fanclub would send food over for the first comeback stage? –Gyuri

But it’s not here yet! ): ): - Junsu

Ohhh! It’s here already! Let’s talk later! Yummy, yummy food! :D – Junsu

Junsu oppa! How can you abandon your lovely dongsaeng for food!! RAWRRR! -.- Enjoy your food! -Gyuri


“Alright! With this confirmed, we shall start on finding out who the people in charge of logistics and delivering the food over to 2PM’s waiting room and KBS are!” Hyun Ae said.

“Actually, I’ve already gotten someone to do that so—”


*If U ain’t gonna dance

get’ cha.. out the—*


Adiana, annoyed, picked up the phone call, but a small smile crept up at the corner of her lips as she heard good news through the receiver. “........ The findings are nearly done? Cool. ….... But I can’t pick it up at eight. I already have an appointment. …..... So does Cosy. …..... Uh-huh, sure. Just fax it over, I’ll go through it tomorrow morning when I reach the headquarters …...Thanks loads!”

Adiana ended the call with a grin. “Well, that part is done. Seems that we have an easy task on hand left. Searching for who the culprit is. Or who “accidentally” did this.” Everyone in the room stared at her. “What? It can be done on purpose, too. A potential possibility...” Adiana diverted the topic by gathering her documents and leaving the room, indicating that the meeting is over. Everyone else got the hint and also left the room. Thankful that the day is finally over, there was silence in the HQ as only the few cleaning ahjummas and security ahjussis were left behind.



“STARBUCKS!!” Cosy squealed as she entered the Starbucks that was just a 15 minute drive away from the HQ with Adiana’s superb driving skills. Adiana was right behind her, on her Blackberry.

“Can I have a java chip frappe with more java chips? Venti.” Cosy gave her order to the lady behind the cash register and turned to see a girl dressed in a white, ruffled top and red hot pants, trying to dig through her wallet for money. Cosy turned back to the counter and passed the cashier her Starbucks card as she said, “I’ll pay for that girl, too.”

“Thanks a lot. The world needs more people like you,” the girl said, heaving a sigh of relief.

“No problem. Cosy,” Cosy said as she extended her hand.

“Kwon Soomi. Starbucks fan?” Soomi asked.

“Definitely. Only Starbucks.” Cosy gave a knowing smile.

“Who’ve we got here?” Adiana asked, seeing Cosy chatting it up with a stranger.

“Oh. This is Soomi. Soomi, this is Adiana, my best-est best friend.” Cosy introduced both to each other.

This girl just gives me weird feeling. But oh wells. Adiana thought as she ordered her favourite drink. The trio took one of the tables near the window and chatted as the minute needle inched closer to 8pm. During the whole conversation, Cosy was reading something off her iPad to the curiosity of Adiana.

As the minute needle came in line with the number ‘8’ on the clock, Cosy threw a glance at Adiana who immediately caught on.

“Sorry, Soomi, but we have to make our move. We will see you again somewhere.” Adiana gave her a smile as she left the store first to get her car.

“See you again! Here’s my number,” Cosy said as she gave her number to Soomi. She quickly called another “Byee!” before running out of the coffee shop after Adiana.

Soomi remained in the cafe and continued drinking her frappe and eating her brownie as she thought of her meeting with the 2 girls. She pondered on their leaving and a revelation just came into her mind. “Oh. .” She cursed as she quickly took out her phone and dial a number.

“Hye Mi! Don’t go and take the report! I think Cosy and Adiana are going back to HQ,” Soomi said into the phone as she heard the sound of a door opening in the background.

“Hye Mi, what are you doing here?”

Soomi recognized that as Cosy’s voice on the other line. The line went dead as she looked to the clock on the wall. 8.05pm. She’s too late. Soomi hit her fist against her open palm and cursed under her breath. “Damn you, Cosy. Why do you have to be against me forever!”

As Cosy jumped into the Porsche when Adiana was right in front of the door of Starbucks, she sped off towards the HQ.


7.59pm. One more minute until the report is sent. Hye Mi stood beside the door leading to the office. She opened the door slightly to look around if anyone was in the room. Thinking that the coast is clear, Hye Mi entered and headed to the fax machine, with a flash light on her phone guiding her the way.

It’s 8pm already, why haven’t they sent the report? Maybe they’re late sending it. She decided to take a seat by the side of the machine. A few seconds later, the machine whirred. As the pages of the report was printed out, she collected each piece and was about to look through them when her phone started to vibrate in her jean’s back pocket. She looked at the name “Soomi Kwon” flashing on her caller ID.

“Why is she calling me now?” Hye Mi mumbled as she pressed the answer button. Before she could say anything, Soomi’s voice yelled out into her ear.

“Hye Mi! Don’t go and take the report! I think Cosy and Adiana are going back to HQ,” Soomi’s voice came from the phone, and before Hye Mi could react, the door to the office was opened and both Cosy and Adiana walked in.

“Hye Mi, what are you doing here?” Cosy asked and Hye Mi quickly hung up the call, hiding both her hands behind her back, one edge of the document peeked out without her knowing.

“I... I just thought that I will help you guys to receive the report as I was free,” Hye Mi attempted to lie.

“Oh really? Mind me correcting your words? Retrieving the report and changing the content within?” Cosy asked with a smirk gracing her lips. “Hye Mi or rather 谢韵靡小姐, 你完全不知道你到底在跟谁玩.(Miss Xie Yunmi, you have no idea who are you playing with.)” Cosy continued in her perfectly fluent Chinese.

Hye Mi was totally shocked to hear her real name. Knowing Cosy for so long, she knew that Cosy must have found out almost everything about her past.

“Cosy...Why are you speaking to me in Chinese? You know I don’t understand Chinese...” Hye Mi tried to reply in a composed manner.

“Oh really? But I am not wrong in saying that you wanted to steal the report and edit the contents?” Cosy questioned as she closed the gap between her and Hye Mi which each word.

“Sorry missy, you totally disappoint me.” Cosy said as she twisted Hye Mi’s hand behind her and took the report before dragging her into the interrogation room.


“What’s Xie Yunmi? What’s happening?” Adiana questioned once Cosy came out from the interrogation room.

Cosy didn’t say a single word. Instead, she simply passed her iPad to Adiana. As Adiana scrolled through the document, her eyes widened with the realization of the situation. Adiana looked up when she reached the end of the page and looked at Cosy who just raised her shoulders, cocking her head to the side before taking the iPad back from Adiana.

“Let’s call the rest back here. You can go analyze the new report while I question that joker inside,” Cosy said as she walked to the file cabinet to get the statement record file.

“Okay,” Adiana said as she took her iPhone out and speed dialed Yoon Sung’s number.

Standing right outside the interrogation room, Cosy took her phone out and scrolled to Gyuri’s name. “Gyuri, get the rest to come to HQ in 30 minutes. I don’t wanna see anybody late. There’s a new lead.”

“Actually, we are all at the cafe nearby. But Hye Mi said that she had something and left already,” Gyuri’s voice came from the phone.

“Okay. Adi’s team is there also, right?” Cosy asked as she heard Yoon Sung’s voice in the background.

“Yeap. Do you need me to call Hye Mi?”

“She’s here already. Just come over,” Cosy said and hung up the call. Cosy paused for a moment, staring at the door in front of her. Sighing, she shook her head to clear her thoughts and quietly mumbled, “Well… Here goes nothing.”

She placed her hand on the knob and turned it clockwise, hearing the metal piece retreating into its hole at the side of the door.

HELLO EVERYONE!! Chapter 9 is up!! And do go see the updated character list alright. And Hye Mi is so dead now. Cosy will make sure she get into deep deep trouble!! But many thanks to ichigopink for the character! It was a good character!! But nevertheless, you will still appear again!! The 'fun' doesn't end! Oooh! And we have a new character coming in if you realised!! :D Adiana's laptop is still quite crazy and hence she couldn't post ANs as of now, but she will be back soon!! Have fun reading!!