Chapter 18 - Cover Up

Coincidence? Planned?

Everyone went back to the headquarters for a meeting to look into each of their findings, looking out for any possible leads that would help them in this case.

“Someone enlighten me on why we still have to come back for a meeting in the middle of the night?!” Anna whined as she walked into the meeting room lethargically with her iPad and a stack of documents in hand.
They started the meeting, each group presenting their own findings from the statements which they have recorded earlier in the day. A stack of recorded statements was left in the middle of the desk, whilst everyone was flipping the pages on their iPad looking through the soft copied forms of the statements.

“It seems that the person who did this, cleaned up the mess quite thoroughly. There isn’t seem to have any loopholes to talk about.” Seon Hee spoke up. The atmosphere in the room got more duller by the minute as everyone tried their best to keep themselves awake and working on the case despite the coffee that was supplied to them a few hours ago.
Yoon Sung got so bored that he began to randomly tap on his iPad screen, looking at the pictures of the files and closing them, doing this repeatedly. He sat up on his seat all of a sudden while browsing through a particular person’s statement.

“Oh! It’s her!” Yoon Sung exclaimed. Hyun Ae peeped over to his screen and saw the girl whom she had recorded statements from in the afternoon. She went back to her screen and screened the file in her own device and looked at Yoon Sung again.

“I recognise her, Im Jae Hwa! She’s from the same college with me but different major. She got her Masters in forensic sciences the same year with me and is also one of the forensic teams’ best apprentice. But... why is she a stunt woman in this set? Shouldn’t she be with Cece working on the cases?” Yoon Sung asked and looked up at his bosses; everyone curious as to why this girl participated in the set as a stunt woman instead.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

SooMi walked along the streets, still recollecting the scene that happened a few days ago -- when she was instructed to assassinate DooJoon in his own dorm. She still couldn’t believe she was ordered to harm him, and of all idols, why him?! She had her head looking on the ground all along while walking, not knowing that someone was standing in front of her. SooMi bumped into the person, and mumbled a quick sorry before continuing on her way.

“SooMi wait.” SooMi suddenly spun around when that person gripped her by her wrist and pulled them towards a nearby alley a street down. Still shocked, she struggled while being pulled by the hooded person. He looked familiar to her but she couldn’t point out who is it. Both reached and entered the dark alley.
“Who are you? Why did you grab me here?” SooMi asked, pissed by the sudden change of event. She would have killed this person almost immediately if he was someone else.
“It’s me, DooJoon. You’re the fan in my room a few days ago, right?” came his reply, and revealing his hooded face. SooMi stared for a few minutes, silence enveloping them. She did not know how to react. The guy whom she failed to harm was standing right in front of her, but she couldn’t bring herself to complete what she was told to do like how she did to the previous victims. SooMi just stood there staring back at him with questions flashing through her mind until she heard him calling out her name, bringing her back to reality.

“SooMi? SooMi, are you alright?” DooJoon asked. He even nudged her a bit by the elbow, seeing that she spaced out for a while. SooMi looked back him into his eyes again, now focused on him.
“Here, the signed polaroid that you didn’t take when you were at my room the last time.” DooJoon took the polaroid out of his wallet and passed it over. SooMi stared at the Polaroid as DooJoon had specifically addressed it to her accompanied with a message, ‘Thanks for loving us. Love you too’. It didn’t make sense to her why did he even had the polaroid in his wallet. Was he hoping to see her again?
“Are you alright? The last time when you escaped through the window from my room, it looked dangerous. Are you hurt in any way?” DooJoon questioned, looking through her arm to see if she had gotten any injuries. Her train of thoughts was broken as her eyes went wide while he checked for signs of injuries on her.

“Are you crazy or out of your mind?! I’m supposed to kill you that night till they burst into your dorm all of a sudden! Why are you still being so nice to me!?” SooMi yelled at DooJoon and forcefully pulled her arm out of his grab. SooMi had never in her life had someone so concerned for her, and furthermore, this was just a random stranger and yet he can remember her by name and was concern for her, despite the fact that she was supposed to kill him. She turned and wanted to walk away, but got pulled back once again, and bumped into his embrace. He hugged her tightly, not answering any of her questions. SooMi pushed him away with all her might and ran off, not turning back nor slowing down.

As DooJoon looked at her silhouette disappearing down the street, he wondered of the possibilities of consequences that she might get into. Making up his mind, DooJoon walked in the opposite direction, to make a clarification.

“Please focus on 2NE1’s case, and not on mine. That girl is really just a fan of mine. The dagger in my room was mine too. Can we just leave it at that? I beg you.” DooJoon said his piece and bowed a 90-degrees bow to both Cosy and Adiana.
“Alright then, we’ll let this go.” Cosy reacted nonchalantly, and went back to doing her work.
Thinking about how ridiculous the situation was, Adiana turned around and asked out loud in front of everyone present.
“Why let it go? This has to have some connection to 2NE1’s case. Why are you letting it rest? Why is it that I always feel there’s something else going on behind my back?!”
Feeling that a storm is starting to brew, SeonHee ushered DooJoon out of the room and walked him out.

Cosy waved a hand at DooJoon as he was ushered out by SeonHee before she continued with her work as Adiana just continued ranting on and on that there was some ulterior motive going on behind her back. Indeed there is, but Cosy couldn’t just tell her about Hyemi, right? After what Hyemi did to Jung Hwa, Adiana was so going to kill her and Minho if they ever tell her what was really going on behind her back. Just as Cosy was in her thoughts, a hand slammed down on her table and she jolted back into her chair, her lips pursed together, irritated apparently.

“There is definitely something going on behind my back.” Adiana bent down to Cosy’s eye level, looked at her right in the eyes and said. It was a statement and a fact, not a question and Cosy swore that she could feel that Adiana’s eyes were going to burn two holes right into the back of her skull.

Cosy rolled her eyes and took out her phone, dialing Minho’s number.

Merry christmas everyone!!! I am so so terribly sorry for not updating for so long. But now we are determined to finish this before 2012 ends so yes, we are gonna speed write till the end! Please stay with us just a little longer~ Chapter 19 is coming up too. I will not write the author’s note there. HAHAH. Very thankful for those who have stayed with us all this while!! LOVE YOU GUYS AND GIRLS! ^^ --Cosy

Hi guys ! It's been a very long time ~~! We're gonna finish this story by the end of this year , so you probably can expect the last few chapters to be updated within the next 6 days ! I miss all of my readers ! How have all of you been ?? :D - Adiana