Chapter 1- The Root Of All Evil Starts

Coincidence? Planned?

“Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry
Naega naega naega meonjeo
Nege nege nege bbajyeo
Bbajyeo beoryeo beoryeo baby”

The song blared from the mega speakers. Deafening screams and cheers responded to the song. It’s amazing how one can tolerate some fan girls with a high-pitched voice shouting, “OPPA SARANGHAE!”, when it was that audible despite the amount of noise in the area.
 

Donned in black suits, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Yesung, the 3 main vocals appeared through the rising platform and went into a ballad remix of the song. The backdrop slowly divided into two and started moving in opposite directions to reveal 8 guys in matching suits, standing still in their charismatic pose.
“ARE YOU READY FOR SUPER JUNIOR!!!” Heechul screamed, imitating the tone used in Don’t Don. A huge wave of noise came crashing back to him as another 3 figures was shot out of the jump platform.

“Omo omo!! It’s Hangeng! It’s Hangeng!” exclaimed Ji Ah to her friend, Eun Mi, while shaking Eun Mi’s arm as though she wanted to shake the arm off.
“13! YES! 13! I can die with no regrets now!” Eun Mi held onto Ji Ah’s hand and with tears of joy in her eyes, pulled her E.L.F buddy into a tight embrace.

With the first note of the dance break booming through the sound system, another wave of piercing screams shot through the air as the complete 13 member group went into their complicated but synchronized dance choreography.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Wu ri SUPER JUNI-OR!” shouted the 13 members as they stood in the middle of the stage with their signature pose. Cheers and scream echoed as each member did their self-introduction despite everyone knowing who they are. The most prominent wave of sound could be heard when Hangeng did his self-introduction and shouted “I MISS YOU” to the crowd.

Time passed fast, with everyone having their amount of fun and entertainment watching the 13 members on stage. It was already 1 hour into the start of the show and now the members are performing “Don’t Don”.

--Somewhere off stage at the mosh pit area A1--

“Miss, don’t go too close to the stage or you might get hurt.” the security personnel said.
“No! You can’t stop me from getting close to my oppa! You want them all to yourself right? Is that why you become the security personnel?”
“Miss, I am just doing my job, please refrain from going too close to the stage.”
“! You will never get our oppa! Now get out of the way!” The fan girls pushed hard at the security personnel and she banged hard into the side stage where the gerbs were lined.

--Pyrotechnics control panel--

“What’s happening over there?” Seo Mi said, stretching out her neck to observe the mosh pits more closely.  Realizing the situation, her eyes widen in fear as she shouted to her co-worker, “OH ! Don't fire the A1 gerbs.” As the gerbs at near A1 mosh pit was in the stage plan to be fired at this point of the song, the instructions that the technician received from the thumping music and screams from the throngs of fans was just the word “Fire” and he pressed the black square button.

--On stage--

Observing  what seemed like a quarrel happening at the A1 moshpit, Leeteuk walked over even though he was supposed to be at the A2 side for this part of the song and was greeted with the sight of the security personnel being shoved against the side of the stage. Without even thinking, he bent down and attempted to give her a helping hand when he felt 2 pairs of hands tugging on each side of his arm. Then he suddenly saw bright sparks right in front of him, breathed in the smell of smoke and felt a burning pain all over him as though hell had consumed him before he went into unconsciousness. The owner of the 2 pairs of hands, Hangeng and Kibum weren’t spared from the misfortune due to them being near the source of accident as well. Ryeowook and Yesung who were at their positions for this song’s formation were also hit by the impact of the fireworks blasting out of its residence- the A1 gerbs.

The sea of cheers turned into hushes here and there as everyone could not apprehend what had just happened in front of them. The other 7 members despite being in shock, stopped their singing and ran to the injured members, checking how serious were their injuries.

“CALL THE AMBULANCE!! GET THE DAMN FREAKING AMBULANCE IN NOW!” Heechul screamed at one of the backstage crew and held onto Hangeng but not daring to hold him too tightly, in fear of inflicting more pain to his best friend’s body.

“Hee…chul, guess I.. I do not ha….ve to go army no…w?” Leeteuk who was held by Kangin, tried to speak coherently to his same-age member who was right beside them. Yet, he failed due to the pain that was coursing through his whole body as he was also slipping in and out of consciousness. It was as though someone was igniting fire in every part of his body.

“YA! You can’t let me go in alone! You must get well! You will get well!!” Heechul said, his eyes already blurred with tears. The day that the 13 member Super Junior were standing on the same stage again for the last time and yet they had to go through a breakup of the group again – one so physical like life and death.

The medics arrived on stage and moved the 5 injured members onto the stretchers and brought them off stage to be loaded into the ambulance.  Relieved from holding onto his best friend, Heechul turned and looked at the other members. Sungmin had one arm over Eunhyuk’s shoulder and the other over Donghae’s shoulder, trying to comfort them about the situation. Heechul knew that despite his actions, Sungmin was also very worried and was trying hard not to break down. He looked at Shindong and Kangin, both still unable to comprehend the situation, stoned in their positions. He turned and saw the maknae, Kyuhyun and looked into his eyes and saw determination in it.

The crowd was silent. The blue balloons didn't bright up the stadium any better. Kyuhyun stood up and walked to one of the nearest microphone among those, which were on the floor when the members rushed to check the injuries of the members who were now on the way to the hospital. He picked it up and said into the microphone.

“E.L.Fs. We are sorry that the last day would evolve into something like this. We planned and planned to get the 13 of us on stage together again, as a final present to all of you before Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung goes into the army. We wanted to say goodbye, with all of you waving the sapphire blue balloon in your hands, smiling and saying you guys will wait for us to be back. We are really very sorry to end off the last day of the concert like this. We..” Kyuhyun choked on his words as he was reminded of how injured his hyungs was. He felt a shoulder over him and turned to see Heechul, who then grabbed the microphone from him.

“We will be fine. Super Junior went through a car accident and our Kyuhyunnie here is still alive and breathing. We will go through this as well. E.L.Fs, please give us your utmost support and encouragement and we will go through this together. Please do not crowd around the hospital and keep us in your prayers.” Heechul continued before their manager appeared and whisked them off stage and into the car, before speeding down to the hospital.

The crowd was dispersed and ushered out of the stadium. It was done in order, zero sound and zero screams. There was nothing, but the shuffling of feet. No one found it weird that Heechul asked them to keep Super Junior in their prayers. No one was in the state of mind to process all the information that was sent into his or her brain. No one in the audience was able to accept that this accident spelt reality, that this accident happened right in front of their very eyes to their most favourite idols. Outside the venue, ambulances came and went , sending the injured and non-injured members to the nearest hospital for treatment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the 1st chapter that everyone have been waiting for!! AHHH! I hope it's good enough for you guys!(:
Thanks for all the support and all the comments. I saw what our dear Gyuri wrote on the others' walls so that I will upload this first chapter! I can't help but literally LOL. What a cute girl she is. HAHAH! Please do give a lot of comments as well as much love for this fanfiction ok!(:

-Cosy