Chapter 8 - Revelation

Coincidence? Planned?

“BOY! What do you think you are doing!?!” Adiana raised her volume as she stepped down hard onto the brakes, causing the 2 at the back to almost fly out of their seats. Fortunately, they were already far from the hospital when the Porsche came to a stop
“Nothing! The man just--” Yoon Sung started explaining himself.
“I don’t care about whatever reasons you have, that does not give you the excuse to slam my car door and step on my accelerator! And--” Adiana interrupted Yoon Sung before he could explain but was also cut off mid sentence by a cold voice that came from the back.

“How long did you know about it?”
“Know what?” Adiana turned back to see Cosy’s face was completely black.
“Taecyeon being part of 2PM.”
“Erm....3 years ago?” Adiana stated as a matter of a fact, starting the Porsche again.

“Oh? And is that the ing reason why you told me that 2PM wasn’t a group worth watching just because you don’t want me to find out that Taecyeon is part of it? Trust me to believe what you have said about the 2 names being coincidental. Thanks Adiana. I am so trusting you from today onwards.” Cosy said in a cold tone with sarcasm oozing from her words.
“So if you knew about it then, would it even help? At least you’re happy in the 3 years, and not mopping around like before! Plus if you still knew, would you even work on the case now? Judging from the situation just now, I’ll answer it for you. Hell no!”
“So you mean I will accept the case now? I’ll answer it for you. HELL NO! Since you are already involved in this case, you can just handle it alone. I am out of here.” The Porsche stopped in front of their HQ and Cosy alighted without another word and slammed the door hard.

“YAH!! HE WILL NOT LET YOU WITHDRAW FROM THE CASE! I’M DAMN PRETTY SURE ABOUT THAT!” Adiana shouted at the figure that disappeared through the glass doors.

“She just said your full name just now. Which meant that she is really annoyed.” Yoon Sung said as Adiana let out a sigh.
“Yes. I know that, you don’t have to remind me. Let’s just end for today. We will continue investigations tomorrow.” Adiana said as Yoon Sung and Hye Mi alighted from the car and she drove the Porsche into the carpark.


Everyone had gone home for the day to take their well deserved rest, except for Adiana. She left the office at the break of dawn, gathering all her files and related documents to the case. She didn’t know where she was going either and was just blindly driving around Seoul, finding a tranquil place to think. She chanced upon this dainty little cafe in the quiet alleys of Insadong, and seeing that it was a newly opened cafe, she happily walked into the little store.

“Annyeong haseyo.” She greeted the staffs. In return, she’s got 2 friendly Labradors trotting towards her, greeting with their tails wagging behind. The owner of the store came out from the kitchen smiling, and in her hands was a small Strawberry Shortcake.

Adiana placed her documents on a table by the window in a quiet corner, and headed to the counter to order her drink. Though this wasn’t Starbucks, nor was it Kripsy Kreme, she still ordered her childhood favorite. “Hot Cocoa please.” While waiting for the drink to be served, she looked around the cafe, admiring the decorations and also started playing with the 2 Labradors.

She returned to her seat with her drink in hand, did some stretching as though she just woke up before she started to rearrange her messy documents on her A4 notepad. After almost two hours and a half of copying and rearranging of documents, a group of students walked through the door, their noisy chatter adding on to what was previously just the dogs' barking.

The place gets a little noisier as students and  working adults streamed in. Adiana took a look at the wall clock. 1.30pm. Time to get some food. And a drink for myself too. Looking at the empty mug sitting at the 1 o’clock direction in front of her. She stood up, taking her used mug with her and made her way to the counter standing in line with the others, waiting for her turn.

She looked at the food menu. There was nothing much and she wasn't that hungry either. She decided on getting 2 bowls of baked almonds and biscotti; and her hot cocoa. She was third in line. While waiting, she listened and watched as the staff worked behind the counter.

It's fun watching them work. "Hey Han Byul, can we even still use this milk? It's so bloated. Unlike the rest!" the girl in a red top held up a seemingly bloated milk carton. The girl at the cashier shook her head and resumed her job. Adiana ordered her lunch, and went back to her seat, pondering over the scene from just now. She plugged her earphones in and stacked her files and documents onto the chair beside her, taking a short break with her lunch.

HanByul, the girl who was at the cashier came over and cleared Adiana's table when she had finished. Out of curiosity, Adiana decided to ask her. "HanByul, Why can't the carton of bloated milk be used to serve customers' their drinks? I'm just curious."

The girl looked at her with cocked eyebrows, then answered her question. "Well, it's just that bloated milk cartons means that there are already milk solids in it. It can't be consumed as it is already contaminated. And most of the time, it's because someone dropped the carton or box too violently onto floor or something like that."

She helped Han Byul to clear her table and thanked her for the enlightenment earlier. With the new information on hand, she took her new iPhone 4 White and made a few calls for confirmation, and also contacted some others to help her with the research. She once again thanked the owner and the staff for their great hospitality, and was very grateful for the box of Strawberry Shortcake given by them.

She drove back to her apartment after leaving the cafe. Plunging head first on to her bed, she took a 30 minutes cat nap. The alarm on her desk sounded 30 minutes later just as she was stirring up from her sleep. She washed up, and headed to do her usual exercise in the next room where all her gym equipment were placed at. After a good hour of working out refreshing her mind, she took a warm bathe and donned herself with her usual wear. She then gathered more things from her room and head to her Porsche, driving to the Forensic building, finding Cece and gang first.

Putting on the lab coat and goggles, Adiana entered the lab room to see Cece and Ye Eun back facing her, working on the case. She approached them, looking at what they were working on the counter. “Hey guys, how’s it going?”

Both turned around, with Cece holding a brown envelope in her hands. “Just as what you guessed. How did you even think of this anyway?” Cece handed her the documents. “Let’s just say I chanced upon it.”


Once Adiana stepped into the team’s office, she turned and looked at Sang Bum behind her.
“Sang Bum. Can you go down to Starbucks and get a Hazelnut Mocha Frappe and a brownie?”
“Are you trying to cool her anger with Starbucks?” Sang Bum questioned back at Adiana.
“Well...You know how bipolar she is. It might work...?” Adiana said, pushing Sang Bum out of the team office and towards the lift.

As soon as Adiana seated herself in her office chair, a knock was heard and Hye Mi walked in through the door.
“Hey Adi, Cosy asked me to come and ask you how the investigation’s going.”
Cosy asked her? Cosy is bipolar but I doubt that she will be back to normal in such short period of time. Weird much?
“Oooh. Cece and Ye Eun found out some leads for me just now. Just let her know.”
“Ok. Thanks. What time is the meeting?” The once cheerful tone of Hye Mi’s voice seemed to have went down a notch.
“2 hours later? At your team’s meeting room.”
“Okay. Great. I will go and grab my lunch first.” Hye Mi said and went out of the room.
She’s just so weird. But... I don’t know how to phrase it myself.

After pondering on her thoughts for a few minutes, Sang Bum came in with the frappe in one hand and the cake box in the other.
“Thanks man! See you at the meeting 2 hours later.” Adiana said as she took both items from him and headed off to Cosy’s office.

“! Didn’t the sign say not to disturb?” Cosy spat out in irritation as Adiana self invited herself into the room.
“I am sorry.” Adiana said as she placed both the frappe and cake box on Cosy’s table.
Cosy looked at both items before turning to Adiana letting out a cold snort.
“Am I that easy? Just a cup of frappe and a cake and you expect me to not be angry?” Cosy said in sarcasm as she looked back at her laptop screen.
“Okay fine, then I’ll take them back and enjoy it myself.” Adiana reached out for the drink and cake on the table.
“No way. That was supposed to be mine.” Cosy grabbed them before Adiana could. Being Cosy, she just found it hard to be really angry for long. It just wasn’t her style, she might not forgive you for what you did, but it’s just not her to be putting on a black face forever.
“So, what brings you here? I already submitted my request to the director to be withdrawn for the case.” Cosy stated as a matter of a fact as she took a sip of the frappe.
“Your request? You meant this.” Adiana questioned as she held up a piece of paper dangling between her thumb and index finger.
“Damn you sis. You are seriously unbelievable. I am so going to ignore you.” Cosy just stared at her and looked back at the laptop screen.

Well. At least she returned to calling me sis. Not that much in a bad mood now.
“Anyway, I think there’s something weird with Hye Mi.” Adiana voiced out her thoughts.
“Seriously? First, you lied about the 2PM thing, then you self invited yourself into my room and now you are telling me that there might be a possible spy in my team? Good move, sis. Good move.”
“I didn’t said she was a spy. I just said she’s weird--”
“But that’s what you are implying, aren’t you?” Cosy shot a questioning look.

“Look, no one said nor implied that she’s a spy. It could be just me. And I have my own reasons for saying so. So just listen alright?” Adiana stated.
“She popped by just now saying she was on your orders to check on how the investigations are.”
“WHAT??” Cosy said with agape.

“That was why I said she’s weird. It’s just not you to do that especially since you submitted the request to be withdrawn from the case.”
“That’s quite a bad lie...” Cosy mumbled to herself.

“It is. You should teach her how to lie better.” Adiana said, sticking her tongue out at Cosy.
“Are you trying to imply that I am a good liar?” Cosy’s eyes became slits.
“Mehrong~! Snake. Anyway. Go confront her about it.”
“Confront? That’s so boring. And since when do liars admit that they are liars. I have a good plan.” Cosy said as she beckoned Adiana to bend down and then whispered into her ears. As the both of them returned to their original posture, they gave each other a knowing smile.

 

Annyeong everyone! I am back!! Reason for uploading today is because.....It's Adiana's birthday!! As in real birthday!! :D Wish her happy birthday okay! Her laptop have been sent for repair so it's kinda problematic without a laptop!! Anyway, please do give constructive comments and feedbacks?? I feel that my writing have been deproving(if there is such a word!) And I am running out of ideas recently>< Oh wells~~ Hope you guys still enjoy the new chapter!! :D