Chapter 10 - End of Drama?

Coincidence? Planned?

“Xie Yunmi. The only survivor of the blood murder at Xie’s mansion in Shanghai, China, 12 years ago. Ring a bell?” Cosy said as she took a seat opposite Hye Mi, placing a file on the table and laid back against the chair’s backseat.
“You and Adiana planned this. You guys weren’t really quarreling in your room.” Hye Mi stated. It wasn’t a question at all.
“We definitely did less planning than you did. You staged the gerbs incident, and now you are trying to cover up for the food poisoning. I’ve known you for so long, I would know that you are not in this alone. How many accomplices do you have?” Cosy questioned.
“Want to know something else?” Hye Mi signaled Cosy to lean forward. “Jung Hwa didn’t die because of the bullet fired by the kidnappers. The bullet was fired by me.” Hye Mi leaned forward as well and said it right in Cosy’s face to her shock.
“WHAT?! Hye Mi, you know that every single thing that you said now will be recorded and you will get into very deep trouble for saying that, right?!” Cosy was in total shock from the information that she just received.
“Well, it doesn’t make any difference now, does it? Attempted murder and an actual murder.”
“So, you are telling me that  you killed Jung Hwa, attempted to murder Super Junior and ‘accidentally’ poisoned 2PM and the stage crew?” Cosy looked at her with disbelief. Is this even the Hye Mi that she knew?
“Yes. All done by yours truly. Happy with that answer?” Hye Mi answered as though she didn’t gave a damn.
“Who are you trying to kid? You can’t possibly have planned all this on your own. I worked with you for 5 freaking years and I know you don’t have enough brains for that.”

“Yeah who is she trying to kid? Seriously feel like giving her a slap!” Seon Hee raged. All the others were in the room next door, listening and watching the exchange between the two ladies through the one way mirror.
“Boss, can we just teach her a lesson once she’s out of that damn room?” Hyun Ae asked Adiana, who was standing at the side watching the show quietly. Little did they know that she was raging inside as well. As she continued watching, she balled her fists,  her knuckles turning to a pale white.

“Is your brain, in any way, better that you can’t see through my act for 5 years?” Hye Mi shot a defiant look causing Cosy’s face to turn to one of fury.
“I trusted you right? Everyone here trusted you! Seon Hee stood up for you! I defended you!” Cosy tried to talk some sense into her.
“Well. I just proved that you shouldn’t trust people easily. I trusted the police, to get those gang members on the electric chair to be electrocuted for killing my family, and then? I have to take things into my own hands.”
“That was done by you? The 5 gang members who were suspected of killing your family, tortured and killed at the warehouse was done by you?”
“That’s why I said attempted murder and actual murder doesn’t make a difference to me at all. They deserve it anyway.”

“And what about Jung Hwa? What did he even do to you?” Cosy questioned. She didn’t even know what to feel right now. No words could describe the mixture of feelings that she had at that point of time.
“That bullet wasn’t aimed at Jung Hwa. He just came into the way and took it for Adiana.”
“What did Adiana even do to you?! What is your freaking problem?!” Cosy stood up from her seat, slamming the pen right down onto the table as the door to the interrogation room flung open to have Jae Suk running in.

“!” Jae Suk shouted as he hoisted Hye Mi up by the collar to the horror of the girls standing at the door.
“You ing betrayed all our trust and you are still so smug about it.” Jae Suk spat into her face and was about to punch her right in the face.
“Moon Jae Suk, I can report you for violence against suspect. You know the law.” Hye Mi said with a smirk as she slapped his hand off.
“Jae Suk. Don’t get yourself into trouble because of her. It’s not--” Hyun Ae was interrupted as the sound of an open palm hitting the cheek was heard.
“Seon Hee!” Gyuri shouted as Hye Mi just gave a cold laugh as she held on to her right cheek.
“I trusted you so much. I defended you when Hyun Ae suspected you. Everyone of us here went through life and death together. And you, your dad adopted you, educated you, trained you, and this is what you do to repay him. Adiana and Cosy were so nice to you and you can just turn your back on them? Everyone here treated you like a part of the family and this is the treatment we get from you? Report me for all you want. I don’t give a damn. You deserve that slap and that’s how it’s supposed to be.” Seon Hee lectured with tears welling up in her eyes.

“Well well. It’s been quite long since I’ve had a nice show to watch. But don’t you guys think this should stop before the whole lot of you get into bigger trouble?” The Chief Director stood by the door, with Adiana standing behind him. “Cosy, Sang Bum I believe both of you are rational enough to finish the whole statement recording? The rest, out now.” The Chief Director ordered.

As the Chief was about to close the door, he poked his head back in. “Cosy, you need not submit the report of the change in member within your team to me. I’ll settle everything. I will get someone to put the resumes of the new candidates on your table tomorrow.”

“Family? How quick was that.” Hye Mi said in sarcasm.
“We were family. Until we knew that you did all this. So speak! Everything. Jung Hwa’s death, Super Junior’s incident, 2PM’s food poisoning.” Cosy shot back at her and the statement recording continued till 4am in the morning.

“So what did she say?” Gyuri asked as Cosy and Sang Bum came back into the office after sending Hye Mi to the detention room.
“That time we were on the mission, she was supposed to be sniping right? Her target was Adi instead of Jung Hwa. Jung Hwa just managed to see her aiming at Adi and he just took the bullet for her. The Super Junior incident, she purposely hit the gerb and shifted it when she bumped into the stage. Remember when she said her arm was scaled during the rehearsal? It was because she was testing the angle and strength she should use during the actual event.”
“So she could actually bear that pain twice?!” Gyuri exclaimed.

“As for 2PM, she insisted that she was the one who ‘accidentally’ dropped the box containing the milk meant for 2PM and stage crew, but that cover up wasn’t possible as she was in HQ at that point of time. Now we have to pass the report to the legislature to let them decide on the charges against her.” Sang Bum summarized the story.
“And she kept shooting us with sarcasm and what not. She’s getting on my nerves, and I felt like bashing her up right there and then.” Cosy continued as Gyuri passed her her Starbucks tumbler to Cosy’s delight.
“Thanks girl!! I love you so much!” Cosy said as she drank the still hot caramel macchiato from the tumbler that Gyuri just got from the nearby Starbucks.
“Mine? Aren’t we team mates?” Sang Bum asked, giving a pout.
“On your table. Americano.” Gyuri said as Sang Bum happily skipped to his table like a kid seeing chocolate.

“I hope there won’t be anymore drama.” Hyun Ae said as she approached the group.
“Where’s the rest?” Gyuri asked.
“Seon Hee’s in the lounge. She said that she can’t let you guys see her crying face or she will have no image anymore. Adiana’s in her room. Yoon Sung dragged Jae Suk to the shooting room to vent off his anger.”
“I feel like dying. I’m so drained.” Cosy said as she leaned her head on Sang Bum’s shoulder.
“Early breakfast? Or nap in the lounge?” Hyun Ae suggested and the 4 decided on a quick early breakfast before a short nap.

Sipping her Vanilla Steamed Milk at the lounge, upon receiving Cosy’s text regarding Jung Hwa’s death, Adiana started pondering over why Hye Mi wanted to kill her during the last mission. Unable to overcome the curiosity to know, she decided to clarify this with Hye Mi and headed to the detention room, with a Black Sesame Green Tea Frappe in her other hand.

She sat on the other side of the table, placing the frappe on it, gesturing Hye Mi to have it. Hesitation flashed through the latter’s pair of eyes which stared back at Adiana. “I didn’t poison it. I didn’t drop the carton of milk before asking the Starbucks partner down the street to prepare this drink for me. So just drink it.”

Hye Mi reached out her hand and took the drink in her grip, moving it to be in front of her, but not taking a sip. “Why did you want to kill me then?” Adiana broke off the silence that was forming in the room, and her curiosity just couldn’t stop bugging her.

“My whole family, including the maids and barters, were all killed in the murder 12 years ago at Shanghai. I supposed you know about this? Since your dad is involved in this case then.” Hye Mi spoke, trying to hold back her tears as she recollected the pieces of disastrous memories. She had not broken down in front of others before unless she’s acting, and she wasn’t about to either. The splatters of blood on the windows, the continuous sounds of guns firing, that was a horror to her 10 year old mind.

“The police couldn’t do anything. Excuses of not enough evidence.. What bull is that. Your dad saw it. The murder scene. How it all happened. He saw it all. But he didn’t help me. Nor did he say it all to the police. Not even one word! That bastard!” Hye Mi shouted at Adiana, standing up and banging the table. The detention room officer immediately shouted for Hye Mi to sit back down on her chair which she did complied after taking a few big breaths.

“I don’t know anything. Just because my dad’s dead, you wanted to kill me to satisfy your hatred? The same way the gang killed your whole family 12 years ago? Hye Mi, you should know what kind of consequences your family was heading for when your dad chose to play with the dark side in his so called business.” Adiana threw a folder of documents on the table and left the room, leaving Hye Mi alone with the file. The contents within the file were findings on the full story and the people involved in the murder 12 years ago. Hye Mi scanned through, and kept re-reading the document, hoping that she hadn’t read it wrongly. After confirming that she hadn’t read the document wrongly, she placed it down and buried her head into her hands, biting on her lip, trying to hold back the tears that were already welling up in her eyes.

“The mouse has been caught. We have to be alert now.” Soomi spoke into the phone. “Luckily she didn’t reveal anything to the police. Just as promised.”

Back at the HQ, a figure slid into the detention room right after Adiana had left and seated herself opposite the girl who had her head in her hands.
“Babe. I will give you one more chance to redeem your wrongdoings. Are you willing to do it? You do know that this would be very dangerous and you might die in the process, are you still willing?” The figure in her black starry hoodie asked. The pair of teary eyes looked up at her and gave a light nod.
The figure slid a brown bulky package across the table to Hye Mi as the latter took the package and opened it to see a new phone, a pair of earrings, a stack of paper and a pen.
“A tracking device is installed on the phone and the pair of earrings is installed with the eavesdropping function. So at any point of time, we will know where you are and your conversation with whoever you are with. There’s a hidden camera in the pen as well. The stack of paper is for you to write your report every single day and I expect one week’s worth of report present in locker 307 at the bowling alley at Seoul Building by every Wednesday. And also, the only one who should know of your status now is me, is that clear?” The figure asked, earning a nod from the girl opposite her.
“Okay then. Welcome back to the team.” The figure extended out her hand, and then pulling back the hood to reveal the face of Cosy.

Adiana spent her time at the Starbucks store down the street, ordering her Starbucks fix : Venti add Java Chips Vanilla Cream Frappe. She sat in a corner finding out the possible accomplices who might work with Hye Mi outside the police force. She looked through the list of contacts that Hye Mi has in her contacts list, and chanced upon a seemingly familiar name, “Soomi Kwon”.

Is Soomi Kwon that Soomi we met at Starbucks? Better ask Cosy later. Adiana cocked her eyebrows. Moments later, she was approached by a guy dressed in a grey hoodie and wearing a pair of black sunglasses asking if he could share the table with her. Adiana didn’t even bothered to look up and rejected him directly, going back to her report writing.
The hooded figure stubbornly stood there and she just couldn’t stand it anymore and spoke up. “ Can you stop standing there? It’s distracting me from my work --” Adiana looked up and saw that the store is filled with many customers. Oh yes. Lunch hour. She pushed all her stuff to one side of the table and hinted to the guy to take the seat.

As if on purpose, the hooded guy peered at her documents spread across the table. “SME... JYPE... I wonder if YGE will be next...?” The guy mumbled.

So a huge answer for Adiana but questions after questions right ?? I dun like so many suspensions but its all for the story! \m/ hahah hope all our readers like this chapter and of course comments are loved ! Then again , I’m so curious what will happen after that ! But i still dont like ipad . Kill me if you must . I prefer my own laptop ! Though this is lighter to carry around :/ kekeke see you guys at the comments section ! And and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE ! The little red dot that has made this far ! *^^*

I have given Adi the role to reply all comments cause I am a bit lazy recently and I think all the dramas will stop for now? Hopefully? HAHAHA! I have no idea what is gonna happen too!! Actually I do but I am supposed to act I don’t. Pardon me, okay, I have no idea what I am writing now since I drank so much last night. OOPS! But anyway, hope all of you guys like the story and enjoy reading~~ ANDDD
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPOREEE!! YIPEEEE! Because that means holidays!!