Chapter 21 - It is war

Coincidence? Planned?

“I tracked her location during the call. It was the same location as the last..” Yoon Sung stated and well... this really means war. It was that same warehouse that Jung Hwa died in. (refer to Chapter 4)
This was followed by grave silence, and everyone turned to look at Adiana. Her facial expression was one that was never seen before. Not even Cosy. Adiana stood up from her desk and packed her stuff, walking out of the room gravely. Though the major tension in the room left with her, everyone could still feel the danger of this whole situation.
“I won’t let go of her. If she hurts my oppa or Junsu oppa, she will definitely get it from me.” Cosy spoke, her words stung with fury. She did the same and walked out of the meeting room. As if taking her cue, the others followed suit and both teams went to prepare themselves bringing along sniper rifles, and pistols.

Each team took a police van and their superintendent MinHo went along with Adiana’s team towards the warehouse.

At the warehouse
Both teams arrived at the deserted warehouse. Honestly, no one except Adiana from the police force had set foot on this warehouse ever since that case was closed. All of them dreaded coming here as it would always bring them back to that fateful moment when they lost one of their close combats in the mission.

The members alighted from their vehicles and moved stealthily into the area, being cautious of that same but not so familiar warehouse. Who knows what that crazy girl Jaehwa has prepared for them this time?
“But... why do we have to prepare so much weapons? We have 11 people here going against Jaehwa and 2 accomplices. This should be easy to deal with since they are outnumbered.” SeonHee asked.

On the other hand, Jaehwa was situated in a dark room of the warehouse looking at all the CCTVs connected live, observing the teams’ entrance. And yes, she could hear them speak too.
In reply to SeonHee’s statement she smirked, turning her attention to the other screen in front of her. “You , you’ll realise that you spoke a little too soon.”  

The other screen shows the two brothers being tied to the wall, hands bound above their heads. They aren’t blindfolded nor silenced with tapes over their mouths. Just bound.

The teams made their way into the main hall, and looked around the place. Oxygen tanks, gas cans and possibly every other explosive items can be found within firing range. “This looks quite bad. I think you gotta take back your words, SeonHee.” Jaesuk commented, looking at the situation. Seonhee gulped in nervousness. “I definitely do now. You don’t think we’ll perish here, do you?”
“Just shut up and concentrate. You probably won’t perish here that way.” Yoon Sung snapped.
“Oppa!” Cosy exclaimed, looking through the full length glass windows of a room at the other end of the spacious warehouse where both Seung Gi and Junsu were held in. They can be seen bound to the wall, not blindfolded and screaming, but they can’t be heard from the outside. A soundproof room.

As Cosy and Adiana freaked out their worrying minds for their dear brothers thinking of a way to save them, a shot of gunfire pierced through the air. Followed by two other gun fires.
“Hello everyone. I didn’t expect you to reach so fast.” A shadow walked out through the back of the room where Seung Gi and Junsu are being held captive.
Soomi and Hyemi both walked out of their places, guns ready to shoot anytime in their hands.
“Hyemi!” Gyuri exclaimed. “How could you! Though I did expect you to be the bad person in this plot but why with her?!”
Hyemi just stood by the pillar, silent. She couldn’t defend herself right now because that would mean blowing her cover instantly in front of Jaehwa but she didn’t want to lose her teammates’ trust either. What a big dilemma.
“Soomi? Kwon Soomi? The Soomi that I knew from that Starbucks store down the road?” Cosy spoke, feeling absurd of this whole situation.
Soomi just gave a smirk, “Do you just remember me as the random Starbucks fan whom you have made friends with at that store? Isn’t there a memory somewhere in the back of your mind that reminds you of me, Kwon Soomi? How pathetic.”
Cosy stunned and started thinking. The name sounded familiar but she really couldn’t think, who could when your brother is tied in some room, his life was on the line.

“Don’t you remember pathetic little me? The scrawny little ugly bookworm of a classmate for 10 years? The one you ridiculed for 10 whole years because you think you are all so pretty and smart? The one you always said will always be second behind you in terms of everything?” Soomi spat with venom. “See. I am back, prettier, ier..” and before Soomi could continue, Cosy continued for her. “But definitely not smarter.” And then she immediately regret what she said
Jaehwa held out a hand to hold Soomi back as she looked like she was about to pounce on Cosy for a catfight.

"I will settle this." Jaehwa said as she turn to look at Hyemi.
“Shoot him.” Jaehwa instructed towards Hyemi. “I said shoot him, shoot Seung Gi. What are you waiting for?” Evil sparkled in Jaehwa’s eyes as she pointed the gun at Hyemi and shot at her shoulder blade even before Hyemi could react.
“Hyemi!” Cosy shouted, she knew at that instance when the trigger was pulled, Hyemi’s undercover identity was blown and that means she was near the line of death.
Jaehwa laughed cynically to herself, “ I knew something was not right. My plan was so flawless. I made sure I left no leads. How would the police even suspect me.. You!” She turned to look straight at Cosy, eyes burning with hatred and venom, “You planted her beside me right? You are supposed to be the police, the good one. Why are you helping all the pathetic idols whose personalities are so fake from what they portray? You should be on my side, the side that need help. They no need for any help, they have all that stupid fans that keep screaming oppa and saranghae.......” And she ranted on, reenacting what she had seen, how the fans reacted and her face changed quickly. Anger, fangirl, anger, pity, sadness....

“Yah... Is she like, really crazy?” Anna muttered into her earpiece which everyone heard.
“Don’t agitate her. And don’t shoot unless I give the go ahead.” Cosy muttered back into the earpiece.
“Since you want to help them, you leave me with no choice.. Shoot me. But we shall see if your gun is faster. Or mine.” Jaehwa ended her long drama stunt and put the gun right beside Seung Gi’s head. “Shoot. You want to kill me right? Cosy.. Best marksman in the police force. Come on, no guts now? Shoot. Come on.”

What everyone didn't expect was, it wasn't Cosy that was affected by what she said but Kari. Kari always aimed to be the best in everything she did, straight As and all but now she had to be under Cosy who she thought she was just as capable as Cosy was. She could save them. Before Cosy could reply, Kari pulled the trigger and shot at Jaehwa’s shoulder. Jaehwa reacted quickly and shot at Seung Gi’s thigh with her damaged shoulder blade before Cosy could sent another bullet at her wrist, causing her to drop the gun. Seeing this situation, Soomi started her gun fires at the police force.

Hyun Ae who was the sniper was trying to aim her, to injure and not kill. Finally, Hyun Ae managed to shoot her once at the ankle, causing her to kneel as she raised up her gun and Hyun Ae sent another bullet to her right arm making Soomi drop the gun. Both Soomi and Jaehwa were then handcuffed and brought back to the HQ together with Hyemi.
 

Once everyone returned to the HQ, MinHo immediately went back to his office to draft and send out the press release. “Wow, our superintendent is so efficient! But it’s also all because of the fans...” SeonHee mumbled. No one really knew how MinHo’s working style is since he only joined the force quite recently.

After Jaehwa and SeonHee had their wounds attended, they were each brought into an interrogation room for further investigations. Soomi refused to reveal anything and chose to remain silent. She didn't want to help her arch-enemy of a Cosy. With the media making a whole big fuss over the whole story, DooJoon came to know of the situation and approached Adiana, requesting for a chance to speak to Soomi, hoping that he could do something about it and persuade her into becoming the prosecution witness.

 

Annyeong ~~! Was supposed to post this two days ago in 2012 but was too busy that I forgot all about it ! There will be a double post since it's New Year today ! Enjoy the chapter ! :D -Adiana

HELLO EVERYONE~ HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have a great 2013 ahead! - Cosy