Chapter 12- Say ‘Hello’ to Maldives

Coincidence? Planned?

“Aish! That Director of ours just HAD to end the press conference late! Why is he even the Director!” Gyuri grumbled. “We need to rush to the airport in like, 40 minutes and counting ! We still have to check in! It’s hell on Earth when we don’t have your Porsche with you!” Seon Hee continued.
“Quit complaining, I’ve gotten the fastest car that we can borrow from HQ, and I’ll try to get us there in 30 minutes yeah?” Adiana shot back.
Honed with her driving skills, Adiana thought of the fastest route to the airport and put up the police siren to try clearing the route in front of her.
The gang of 4 reached in 31 minutes, due to some stubborn drivers who refused to clear the road for them. They hurriedly took their luggage and went to check in at the counters, the others were already in the departure hall.

“COSY!” Cosy heard her name as she looked up to see Jo Kwon, her childhood friend running to her.
“Aish. Why are you girls still taking your own sweet time! Be quick! We are already late for the flight!” Jo Kwon said in his diva tone as he grabbed Cosy’s handheld luggage from her and quickly walked off, with the 4 girls tailing behind him.
“Cosy. Why do you know Jo Kwon and not Taecyeon? They are like from the “same” group.” Seon Hee asked as the 5 were rushing to the flight gate.
“Jo Kwon was our primary school classmate. As for Taecyeon, ask my good sister here.” Cosy stated as she walked off from the group to the front, walking right beside Jo Kwon. Finally, after the long walk down the walkway, they saw the rest of the team members as well as the JYPE staff, JYP himself and the rest of Mid-Day waiting for them by the seats at the flight gate.

Once everybody arrived, they made their way into the jet, and got ready for the take-off. “My first time going overseas! It’s not scary is it?” Jae Suk whispered loud enough for those sitting around to hear, earning snickers from those.

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is Captain Wooyoung speaking. I want to welcome you aboard JYPE airlines from Seoul, South Korea to Malé, Maldives. Once we get airborne today, our flight time will be 8 hours and 19 minutes, if you are on the wrong plane, please alight off this plane now. In Malé, Maldives, the winds are out of the South at 12 MPH, excellent visibility, scattered clouds, and the temperature is 24 degrees centigrade, that is about 75.2 degrees Farenheit. We'll get back to you enroute just as soon as we have more information. Estimated time of arrival will be 2019 KST , 1619, 4.19pm in Maldives. Sit back, relax,  and enjoy the flight. Once again, welcome aboard.” Wooyoung’s voice came in through the speakers.
"Why is Wooyoung's voice on? Where is my pilot?" JYP asked.
"I'm your pilot, Sir." came the reply from the speakers.
"YAH Wooyoung! Get your here now!" JYP yelled as those on board the plane looked into the walkway as JYP went to slam the door to the pilot's cockpit open, pulling out a still mischievous Wooyoung, earning laughters from the onlookers.
The journey to Maldives which is situated in the middle of the Indian Ocean will take 8 hours and 19 minutes. With the stress out of the way for the police members, majority of them hit the sack as immediately as the plane took off into the air nearing the perimeter of South Korea’s air zone.

All except Seon Hee, Kari, Gyuri, Cosy, Sang Bum, Taecyeon and Jo Kwon were wide awake on the plane and they all moved to the centre cabin which was the ‘play’ cabin. It's a tad boring on the plane since most of her comrades were asleep. But Seon Hee decided otherwise. "Let me draw the relationship chart between the 2 CID teams and the idols!" Excited, Seon Hee took out an A4 sized paper meant for the games which will be used during the trip.
“You are lucky you have the gossip monger here!” Gyuri self introduced her status and took out a red marker and wrote down Adiana and Cosy’s name in the middle of the paper before taking out a purple pen to draw a line between the 2 names, jotting down ‘bbf’ beside the line. She then took out a blue marker and wrote the names of the teammates right beside the 2 names in one line. Unfortunately, she didn’t estimate the space correctly and poor Yoon Sung’s name had to be out of the line.
“Do you know that if you want to write the people that Adi knows, you might as well write a big chart just for her. She practically knows the whole SME because of her brother.” Cosy said as she drew the line between Adiana and Xiah Junsu with an orange pen.
“Brother of Anna is Lee Sung Min. T.O.P is Anna’s cousin as well.” Cosy continued on with the orange pen.
“Junsu is my cousin.” Sang Bum stated and Cosy drew an orange line between Sang Bum and Junsu.
“My brother. Lee Seung Gi.” Cosy stated as she added her brother into the chart.
“I didn’t know Seung Gi seonbaenim was your brother.” Taecyeon stated.
“You don’t know ANYTHING.” Cosy spat back and kept the orange pen, taking out a pink one but was snatched away by Gyuri.

“Chansung is elementary classmates with Yoon Sung. Kangin was my bunkmate in army. Then Taec is my good friend.” Sang Bum stated as Gyuri started drawing the lines.
“You are a good friend of Taecyeon? I shall write in for a team member change tomorrow.” Cosy stated, rolling her eyes at Sang Bum.
“Come on Cosy. You wouldn’t bear to. I am your most efficient team member.” Sang Bum stated, earning yet another eye roll.
“I am friends with T.O.P. He is acquaintances with Cosy.” Seon Hee said as Gyuri continued adding in the lines.
“Adi and Cosy were primary school classmates of mine.” Jo Kwon stated.
“Okay. Then Junsu is my childhood and best guy friend and Wooyoung is my good friend.” Gyuri muttered to herself and added in the lines.

“Nickhun is best friends with me!” Sang Bum stated as he took out a green pen and drew a line. “And he is also best friends with Hyun Ae when they were both studying abroad.” He continued.
“My best friend is SNSD’s Yuri and then Anna’s best friend is GD.” Gyuri revealed as Sang bum drew the line in.
“GD?! Adi will kill Anna. LOL!” Cosy laughed, not seeing a figure opening the door and approaching her
“I heard my name.” Adiana said as she looked at the chart.

“You forgot something.” Adiana took out a red pen and drew a line between Cosy and Taecyeon and, writing the relationship as Cosy eyes drew wide, almost popping out of her sockets.
“Oh!! And and! Jae Suk has a huge fan crush on Sunny!” Gyuri ignored the death stare that Cosy was sending to Adiana and added the information in.
“TA-DA! Lucky I have Adi, I have been thinking how to add that relationship in!” Seon Hee said at the tip of her tongue, causing Cosy to roll her eyes and shoot death glares at her.
"Looking at the chart, some of you guys should know each other before joining the team then." Kari commented, after looking at the completed chart.
"I'm so sad, I'm the only guy who has a fan crush on Sunny!" Jae Suk whined as he laid his head on Kari's shoulder.
Yoon Sung smacked his head off. "Stop being a flirt and go back to sleep!"
"Cosy! Yoon Sung is bullying me!" Jae Suk tugged at her arm, whining still.
“AISH! off.” Cosy said coldly which Jae Suk heeded. There were only 2 people that Jae Suk was afraid of, one being his mother, the other being Cosy. Oh, wait. Make that 3, Adiana as well. Damn, even Cosy is scared of her

The finished chart:



As the gang in the room was having their bickering session, Taecyeon sneakily tip-toed towards the door of the cabin that JYP and the production crew was in as he knew that they would be discussing about the detailed storyboard during the flight. He crouched right at the door, cupped his ear against the door and started eavesdropping.

"We'll need more extras on the set, but since your dancers are caught up with Miss A for their comeback promotions, how do we get more extras at such a last minute? Please don’t suggest to put our own production crew in please.”
The voice of the PD.
“I will not suggest something that will spoil the MV. Hmmm...The CID members?” That’s JY hyung’s voice.
“Oh yes. There’s this girl with the blonde hair. She looks compatible with Taecyeon. Her name is..”
Cosy.
“You meant Cosy? You are hoping to get Cosy to act as Taecyeon’s partner? That will be the achievement of a lifetime if you manage to get her to do it.”
Cosy?! YES! DO IT PLEASEE!
“Cosy? The one that the netizens are gossiping about on the net? So the news is true?”
YES! It’s true!! SO just get her!
“Long story..But if we really want her in the MV, I have an idea, although it’s not a very nice one.” JYP said before he leaned in towards the producer’s ear, whispering before the both leaned back with a cunning smile on their face.
What’s the idea?!

Frustrated with the sudden silence, Taecyeon gave up on trying to eavesdrop and returned to his seat to see the gang, who were wide awake just a few minutes ago, had already fallen asleep, some against the chair, some their heads on the table. Cosy made a slight shiver which didn’t go unnoticed by Taecyeon who took off his jacket and laid it on her. As he turned to look at the A4 sized paper on the table, he took the red marker and off the word ‘ex’ before he smiled to himself and looked at his sleeping beauty with her head resting on her folded arms on the table.

As everyone was deep in dreamland, no one knew they were reaching their destination until - "Hey look guys, we reached Maldives!" Jae Suk who have stirred from his sleep said, pointing out of the window.
Those in the cabin with him, stirred from their seat as they moved and cramped along the seats by the windows to see the hundreds to small islands scattered below them, a beautiful sight indeed.
"Kyaaa! It's Maldives!" Adiana squealed and jump around, excited for landing, waking all those in the ‘play’ cabin.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to begin our final descent to the Malé airport in Maldives. Currently at Maldives, the winds are out of the South at 12 MPH, excellent visibility, scattered clouds, and the temperature is 24 degrees centigrade. We have certainly enjoyed having you on board today, we hope to see you again real soon, and thanks again for flying JYPE Airlines.” The voice came through the speakers as the air stewardess walked down the aisle asking everyone to put on their seat belts again. Luckily for those at the ‘play’ cabin, there were seat belts by the seats as well which meant that they didn’t need to walk back to their seats.

The jet landed and docked itself on the runway 10 minutes later. Carrying their hand baggages, the gang alighted the plane feeling the sea breeze which came to welcome them at their first stop, Malé Airport.

After passing through the customs but before leaving the arrival hall, JYP pulled Cosy back to talk to her.
“Cosy. You guys leave first, we will catch up later.” JYP said and then went back towards his staff members and production crew.

As the CID gang left the arrival hall, they was greeted by nearly a class of fangirls of the Mid-Day project; both I AMs and HOTTESTs. To avoid the fangirls' wraths, they left quickly, making their way to the jetty first, before the JYPE gang came out of the arrival hall. Now, Cosy knew why JYP asked them to leave first.

“Maldives~ Maldives~ Maldives~” Gyuri sang as she walked out of the airport, pulling her luggage along.
"The fangirls are that crazy? I saw a few familiar faces back at Incheon Airport, and now they chased all the way here to Maldives? Amazing!" Kari commented, surprised by the number of people both in the Arrival Hall and as well at the gate of the hall.
“Such fresh air.” Jae Suk said, taking a deep breath, feeling some kind of adrenaline rush as the fresh air filled his lungs.
“I have never known that you would know how to appreciate the environment.” Hyun Ae stated as she stood beside Jae Suk taking a deep breath as well.

"Guys let's go shopping after leaving our stuff on the boat. Since we have to wait for the rest of them to take the boat anyway. They will definitely take a long time." Jae Suk suggested. Only Kari gave a positive response, while the others threw him a weird look.
"What? Shouldn't your response be like Kari's?" he prompted, and giving his boss an innocent look.
"Jae Suk, you're such a bad liar. Learn from Cosy. Everyone knows that this is phase 1 of your mission here: Look at Hot Chicks." Sang Bum rebutted.
"Yea! What about Sunny, your major fan crush? I should have asked her to join us!" Gyuri exclaimed.

"Adiana! Cosy!" just as the team was going to get off the boat for some window shopping, the rest of the JYPE gang arrived.
"That's fast, Wooyoung. Thought you guys might be late, we were about to head out for a short window shopping." Cosy hugged him.
"Well, since everyone is here, let's start the engine!" JYP announced.
"Hold on! I'm taking the speedboat opposite. Who's joining?" Adiana asked, and she boarded the speedboat with ‘2’ painted in bold white print parked at the opposite jetty. Yoon Sung and Jo Kwon followed, and seconds later, each left their parking lot.

On the boat, JYP introduced Producer Kim to everyone else present. After the short introduction, the PD boldly posed a question. "Which of you is Cosy and Adiana?" Instead of getting a proper answer, a questioned was asked back.
"Why do you need to know?"

Is the chart confusing ? Sorry if it is ! We really didn’t know how to draw it to make it better to understand and easier for all of you readers to see ! And i wonder what will happen on this one island amongst the other hundreds of islands in Maldives ? Taecyeon seriously sounds a bit too desperate here ! Anyway , i hope all of you enjoyed this ! Comments and Subscribers are loved ! *^^*

Yes yes~~ hahaha! Let me just write a very short AN! Comments and subscribers are loved!! LOL!! Yes, that’s my short AN for you!!:D