Chapter 2- Adiana’s team

Coincidence? Planned?

Dressed in a white tank top, denim high waist shorts and knee-high boots, the girl was the re-carnation of a fighter angel. She gracefully took a sip of her Starbucks strawberry and cream. Loving the serenity of the park, she was out here alone with her new car, enjoying the wind blowing into her, causing her hair to flow with the wind.

*If U ain’t gonna dance
get’ cha..out the club
get’ cha out the club
get’ cha out the club*

“Aish, just when I was enjoying.” She pouted to herself and pressed the answer call button on her handset.

“Adiana! Get your team in now. Seoul World Cup Stadium. Super Junior. 3 3rd degree burns and 2 minor burns.”
“7 unhurt?”
“No. 8. Hangeng appeared on stage today.”
“Email me the details. Will reach in 25 minutes.” Adiana hung up the call. “No wonder they are calling us in. E.L.Fs must really be very angry over this.”
“Guys. 10 minutes. Standby at house lobby. I will be there to get you guys. Updates on the way.”
“Argh. You just woke me up!” said a groggy voice on the phone.
“It’s like 7pm now?!” Said another voice.
“Jet-Lag. Jet-Lag.”
“Can’t the two of you just stop bickering and get ready. You have 9 more minutes and 30 seconds. 29. 28. 27..” Said yet another voice.
“Hanging up.” Said the groggy voice.
“Hanging up!”
“Adiana, I will be ready soon, drop by my place first.”
“Sure.” She pressed the end call button on her handset. Her right hand tightened its grip on the wheel as her mind worked itself through all the possible routes around the city. With a satisfied route planned, she stepped on the accelerator and the silver modified Porsche sped down the road with a  ‘Vroom’ and made a sharp turn into the corner, disappearing out of sight.

Chief Inspector Adiana – One of the 2 youngest women in the CID to achieve the rank and with the honor of being in charge of one of the 2 best team in Headquarters. One of the duo rising star sisters in the military, possessing excellent driving skills and polished fighting moves - Adiana. With such capabilities, who could be on par with her to be called the other rising star?

As Adiana sped down the alley, her fellow teammate started appearing in sight, dressed in a graphic tee and jeans, completed with a black leather jacket and what seemed to look like boots to her. She released the pressure that she applied on the accelerator and drove along slowly. As she slowly approached her teammate, her teammate started picking up speed and ran towards her. As her teammate came in close distance with the Porsche, with one hand on the side of the car door, her teammate placed all her strength on the hand and did a perfect somersault and landed perfectly seated on the passenger seat.

“Hyun Ae ah, not bad not bad. Still as athletic as ever.” said Adiana to her teammate, as she applied more pressure on the accelerator, speeding to the next location.

“Well. I couldn’t possible slack even if I was on leave right? And by the way, you said that day that there will be a new person joining the team this week right? Please tell me that you did inform her to meet, my dearest chief inspector.” replied Hyun Ae.

“Oh damn!! I totally forgot about it!” Adiana exclaimed and hit her fist against the car horn, scaring the drivers in the cars around her. Holding on to the button on her handheld, she mentioned the newcomer’s name and since the ever so awesome voice dialing was invented, it totally made her life so much easier.

“Hello, is this Lee Anna? Firstly, congrats for getting into the CID. I am your team in charge, Adiana. A case just came in and we have to reach Seoul Hospital by 7.30pm. Do you need a lift?”

“Adiana? I have always been a fan of yours ever since I started training to be a CID. It’s alright. I am already on my way down. My brother gotten into some serious case and is at Seoul Hospital too. I will see you guys there. Bye.” A string of words babbled through Adiana’s handheld and then the line went dead.

“How did the conversation go?” asked Hyun Ae, as she turned to see Adiana with a black face.

“She sounded like the boss instead of me. If that’s what you want to know.” Came the reply from a obviously irritated Adiana as she pulled up to the doorsteps of a white building.

“10. 9. 8. 7. 6..” Adiana started counting down as she held up her watch. Just when she was about to reach 3, she was interrupted by the slamming of the door against its frame and the man, dressed in a black simple tee, jeans and black-framed glasses, with a haversack slung over his right shoulder, ran up to the car, opened the car door and slumped into the backseat. As soon as the car door was closed, Adiana sped off again, not mentioning a single word.

“Boss, what’s with the black face?” he said, the question sounding muffled as he was unable to suppress the yawn that accompanied it.
“Yoon Sung, if I were you, I wouldn’t want to ask such a stupid question to my boss now and risk letting myself become her target of fury.” said Hyun Ae, in an attempt to make Yoon Sung shut up as all in the team know how scary Adiana can be when she got really irritated.

The Porsche came to a stop again, this time outside a red-bricked building. Despite the end of the countdown, the last teammate that they were supposed to pick  up was still not in sight. Being easily irritated since that call to the new teammate, Adiana was practically banging her fist against the car horn when a girl emerged from the building’s glass door, donned in a pink glittery tanktop, short shorts, black leggings and canvas shoes while tying her hair up into a ponytail. She took her time to walk towards the car before opening the door and laid back into the seat of the car. As soon as the click sound of the car door being closed was heard, the Porsche sped off again towards Seoul Hospital.

“Aish. Today was supposed to be my rest day and I have to be called to leave my house suddenly for a case. I didn’t even have enough time to do my make-up. And---” Before the girl could continue and before anyone could stop her from getting Adiana more irritated, Adiana interrupted her.

“Hwang Seon Hee. If I were you, I would totally keep my ing mouth shut. You are not the only one here who is supposed to be having your ing rest day, get that into your head. If being pretty is so important to you, then you shouldn’t even ing join the CID in the first place. Trust you to be the one complaining when you are already late from said meeting time by 5 minutes and 33 seconds.” Adiana said curtly.

Despite wanting to make a witty comeback against her boss, she knew that she was indeed the one in fault and an irritated Adiana is not one to mess with, hence she held back her tongue and turned to look at Yoon Sung who mouthed back to her “I almost got it too”.

“Ok guys.” Said Adiana as she motioned to Hyun Ae to take the Ipad out from the glove compartment in front of her. She continued her case briefing as Hyun Ae opened the email inbox and turned in her seat to show the two others the details of the case.
“Super Junior was back as 13 again for the last day of their showcase today. Happened at Seoul World Cup Stadium. 3 of them, Leeteuk, Hangeng and Kibum, 3rd degree burns and 2 of them, Ryeowook and Yesung, minor burns. From all the information now, we only know that the source of accident are the gerbs lined along the side of the stage. SM claims that this incident was purely accidental but E.L.Fs thought it was too major an accident and requested for a full fledged investigation which is why we are called in. Hyun Ae and Seon Hee, I will drop the both of you off at Seoul World Cup Stadium and make sure you get the statements of every stage crew there. Yoon Sung, you will be coming with me to meet the newcomer and get the statements of Super Junior and those who are at the hospital now.”

“Any questions?” Adiana asked as she pulled up against Seoul World Cup Stadium. Shaking their heads, Hyun Ae and Seon Hee exited the car, not forgetting to mouth “Good luck” to Yoon Sung before disappearing through the gates of the stadium.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd chapter!!! More like a filler chapter to introduce Adiana's team!(: Anyway, as we would be quite busy from next week on since for me(who is normally very free), school is starting and I am going back my secondary school to teach and co-author, Adiana is forever busy working too, we will try our best to still upload one chapter per week so just continue looking forward to the story!!(:

-Cosy

SECOND CHAPTERRRRRRRRRRRR

Ahhhhhhhhh ~! I wish i can write more , but currently having writer's block and working isn't helping with the situation at all ! ): Both of us will try our best , and please continue to support us yea ? :D

-Adiana (braindead)