Chapter 20 - Da Vinci Code

Coincidence? Planned?

Both teams besides Adiana gathered in the meeting room with iPads and documents sprawled all over the table, but heads looking up at the projector screen lit up in the middle of the room where a note is shown with an illogical message.

Text on note:
人生的努力与价值
48 189 217 236 145 97

“Why is it in Mandarin? And the numbers?” Someone mentioned.
“人生的努力与价值? A Life’s Force and Effort.” Cosy replied easily.
“As expected of my lovely boss.” Jaesuk spoke up.
“Isn’t that the book that Cosy was reading recently?” Sang Bum asked.
“Okay, so now presuming that refers to the book title, the numbers... It can’t be possible that her method of decoding is from that variety show Running Man, can it?” Seon Hee gave a guess.
“You could try. They always say the safest place is the most dangerous place. Just that this time, it refers to the method used.” HyunAe said as Cosy walked to her office to take the book from her drawer.
After spending a few minutes of going through the book... They found the below:
48 189 217 236 145 97

And then, silence filled the room as all eyes were on the numbers and letters that was written in large font on the board at the front of the room. An hour crept past as everyone were racking their brains trying to make sense of what was written.
“What if each Hangeul letter actually stands for an alphabet? Does that makes any sense?” Kari broke the silence.
A lightbulb lit up (not literally) above Sang Bum’s head as he stared at the letters and pondered over what Kari said. He stood up and walked towards the board and started writing.


E J A A W H

“It’s Jaehwa! Im Jaehwa!” GyuRi blurted out. Being the one with a bursting phonebook, she could practically look and figure out a name out of an anagram.
At this time, Adiana walked into the room and took her sit, quiet. She got updated on the case and findings through the always talkative SeonHee. The team not wanting to agitate this active volcano in the room quickly did their research and went to the Stunt Company that Jaehwa works at.
Adiana herself took the wheel of her Porsche and accompanied with Sang Bum, Seon Hee and Jae Suk, they set off.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jaehwa walked along the alley, a Starbucks cup in one hand as her company building came into close sight when she hid back into the shadows of the alley swiftly. She poked her head out and saw the silver Porsche parked right outside the buidling’s entrance which she could recognise it as Adiana’s car. Sensing something wasn’t right, she continued to observe before making any further movements.
After 20 minutes or so, Jaehwa heard the high pitched whine of one of the police officers. That was definitely the distinct voice of Hwang Seon Hee. Jaehwa did her research, she had to know who she was playing with afterall.

“How could she not be here?! The signal that was sent out from her phone was from this location. Aigoooo. What a waste of my precious time.” Seon Hee whined, loud enough for Jaehwa’s ears to pick up what she said. Immediately, Jaehwa took out her phone and sent an SMS to SooMi and Hyemi before switching her phone off. Seonhee walked out 20 mins later with the others exclaiming why they couldn’t find Jaehwa. Her brain has hatched a plan, a plan to go on a full fledged war against the police, a plan to kidnap the brothers of both the senior inspectors - Lee Seung Gi and Xiah Jun Su.

Jaehwa lean back into her office chair, her left hand on the table, and her right hand spinning Xiah’s phone, as she looked at the second needle inching closer and closer to the digit ‘12’. And the minute needle moved. 12pm, time for the game to start. She smiled as she engaged in a video call dialing to  Adiana’s number.

Back at the HQ, Adiana’s iPad lit up, showing an incoming call from her brother.
“Eh? I thought the both of you were busy people and hardly contact each other? Don’t even talk about calling each other..” Cosy was surprised, just as Adiana was.
“Yea, I have no idea why he would be calling me as this time of the day. He’s supposed to be working on his comeback album now. He shouldn’t have the extra free time on hand to call me at this timing.” Surprised, Adiana picked up the call to see Jaehwa’s face on the screen.
“Oh! Eonni! Annyeong~” Jaehwa waved sweetly. “Eonni right? I heard that all of you were looking for me? Don’t worry. I am still in the country. But.. instead of looking for me, why not try looking for your brothers first?” She smiled before the screen switched to the video of Seung Gi and Xiah tied hands above their head, against the wall.

“OPPA!!” Cosy shouted, slamming her fist on the table. “ YA! You crazy !” She added on.
“BINGO!” Jaehwa stated. Her eyes turning from sweet into evil. “I am a crazy . I can do anything. Don’t make me wait too long. I don’t have much patience.” And then she smiled sweetly again before saying, “I will be waiting. See you later. Annyeong~” Jaehwa waved and the call was hung up.

“What the hell.. Does she have split personality or something?” Seon Hee questioned, taken aback by the quick change in character and tone.
“Yea I think she does. We’ll probably need to get her a psychiatrist when we have her captured.” Jaesuk mumbled.

 

Sorry for this relatively short update . We'll have a longer update for you guys in the next chapter soonish . I promise ! :D Hope y'all like this update ! Btw how was Xmas for everyone ? - Adiana