Chapter 26

Once Was & Will Become

Baekhyun came into the café once again and spent his lunch break with Chanyeol, both eating and giggling happily together in the corner away from everyone, yet Jongdae couldn’t help his eyes from drifting occasionally to the visual of butterflies and sparkling spewing everywhere. He wasn’t going to have to go over there and mop that up later, right?

Though the selfish part of him really wanted to at the moment, he wasn’t quite sure how much longer he could stand this.

“So when do we find out the results?” Chanyeol asked, wondering about Baekhyun’s appointment he’d had the other day.

Baekhyun smiled, “Sometime today, I think.”

Chanyeol leaned over the table and briefly pressed their lips together, “I’m excited. I have a good feeling about this.”

“Good? Just good?”

“It’s great. Awesome, even and more than that.”

Baekhyun peeked at the clock on the wall and sighed. “I need to get back to work, but can we hang tonight?”

“Come here when you get off work, we can go to my place,” Chanyeol told him, nodding and maybe very discreetly laying a hand on Baekhyun’s knee followed by a wink.

“Wow, are you trying to seduce me in public?”

Chanyeol smirked, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“You’re back. Anyway, I gotta go. I’ll drop by after work,” Baekhyun said, kissing Chanyeol quickly before turning to walk out of the café, saying goodbye to Jongdae on the way out.

Jongdae wanted to throw up. Those two were like newlyweds on their honeymoon, no way would be be so gross in public.

Okay that was a lie and he knew it. In a past relationship he was just as happy and disgusting as his friends were, but he didn’t want to admit that. It would ruin in his image, or the image he wished he had for himself.

Chanyeol walked back behind the counter to join Jongdae in their services.

“You two seem really happy,” Jongdae commented, making a point not to look at Chanyeol. He was clearly jealous but he didn’t want to make it too obvious, except for the fact that he knew Chanyeol already knew about his crush.

“Yeah, I’m really happy to be with him again,” Chanyeol said, smiling so brightly the café could probably do without its electric lighting.

Jongdae could be a heartless bastard and think to himself that Chanyeol was a son of a who won the prize, but that would insinuate that he wasn’t happy for him and that would be lying. He is pleased that Chanyeol is happy and is genuinely smiling, not just plastering on that fake smile to mask the stress and exhaustion. In all his years working with Chanyeol, he’d never seen anything to make him smile like that other than little Lina.

“I don’t think I told you this, but Baekhyun did a test to see if his bone marrow was compatible with Lina’s,” Chanyeol told his friend, the pure excitement lighting up his face.

Jongdae gasped. This was huge news. “Seriously?” he gasped, turning around finally to face his coworker.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol exhaled, releasing the anxious nerves. “He’s supposed to get a call sometime today for the results.”

“Oh my god…Chanyeol, this is great! If Baekhyun is a match that would be so wonderful!”

“I know, but we’re really nervous. I just hope everything works out.”

“Hey,” Jongdae said sternly, “Don’t have doubts. Just stay positive, okay?”

Jongdae reached out to set a consoling hand on the taller man’s shoulder, recieveing a grateful smile from Chanyeol, “Thanks, Jongdae. You’ve been a huge help in all of this too.”

“No problem, man. Happy to help.”

“And um…,” Chanyeol muttered, almost embarrassedly, “I hope Baekhyun being with me won’t cause any awkwardness between us.”

Jongdae shrugged, “I’m jealous and hurt, but it’s whatever. I just gotta move on.”

Chanyeol grinned, “Well…there’s always Minseok-hyung at the bar.”

Jongdae choked on his saliva, appalled that his friend would suggest such a thing. “Minseok?! My friend Minseok? No, I don’t see him like that, really,” he refused, ears becoming a tinted pink color.

“Just a thought,” Chanyeol said airily before walking through the double doors to the kitchen, leaving Jongdae to imitate a fish in his state of shock.

“Minseok? N-No way….”

 

 

 

Baekhyun was busily working alongside Yixing when the call came, Yixing having to tell him his phone was even ringing since he was so immersed in reading the sales reports.

“Hello?” Baekhyun answered, excusing himself to Yixing before walking into the empty hall outside.

“Byun Baekhyun? This is Dr. Kim.”

“Dr. Kim!” Baekhyun could practically feel his blood pressure rising from all the anxious emotions blooding through him. He prayed there was good news. Please let it be good.

“I’m calling about the results of the bone marrow test,” Dr. Kim told him and Baekhyun wanted to scream at the man to just tell him the news, but that wouldn’t be professional.

“Y-Yes?” he stammered, “W-What’s the result?”

“You sound nervous.”

“I am. Please tell me this is good news.”

There was a moment of silence before he heard one word uttered into the receiver and he could hardly believe it. After such a long time and all that waiting…

“Positive.”

Baekhyun couldn’t help the tears from immediately cascading down his cheeks and sobbing, “Are y-you se-serious?”

“I am. This is wonderful news for that little girl. Baekhyun-ssi, please make an appointment with he again so we can discuss the procedure—”

“Y-Yes, of course!”

“Will tomorrow be good?”

“Yes absolutely, the sooner the better! Oh my goodness, thank you so much!”

“Nonsense,” Dr. Kim chuckled from his end, “The thanks go to you. Have a good rest of the day.”

“You too, goodbye.”

It was unreal, but so real and vivid. There was no way this was a dream. The results were positive. He was a match. Park Lina was going to live and have a wonderful life now because of him. There was no better feeling than this; this emotion topped everything else.

Before he knew, it burst back into the room filled with busy secretaries and desk workers and ran to Yixing, enveloping him into a bone crushing hug, “Oh my god!!!”

“What? What?!” Yixing sputtered, alarmed by Baekhyun’s wet face covered in tears in snot and others turned to look at them.

“I’m going to be Lina’s donor!”

 

 


 

A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter is super duper late and it's not even very long I promise to do better on the next one please forgive me iloveyou! BUT HAPPY HAPPY HAPPPYYYYYYYY 

Lol and I just have to say you're guys' commments made me laugh "I HOPE BAEKHYUN DOESN'T DIE" 

I'm not that heartless! (Though if you read my other stories, that totally sounds like something I'd do) But don't worry, Baek won't die. It took me FOREVER to get them together ^^ All good. 

This story will come to a close soon sadly. I'm not sure exactly many chapters are left until the end, but I'll keep you posted, Maybe 3. I need to get SuLay and XiuChen under wraps still. Oh! And Xiumin is going to make another appearance! (Yes, for those of you who forgot, he was in a past chapter)

Please continue to give this story lots of love because i love you and yeah everyone loves you! Also I want to say happy birthday to my friend KpopLuver29! HAPPY BIRTHDAY I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING AN AWESOME DAY 

Also, PLEASE take a look at the image below. Click it to view the SUPERFOXYMEGAAWESOMEHOT story please and thank you!

Please comment and subscribe and upvote!