Chapter 2

Once Was & Will Become

“Baekhyun, are you heading out?” Junmyeon asked, as he turned his private office light off and pulled on his jacket, walking into the lobby where Baekhyun was straightening up his desk. Junmyeon was the CEO of the company and impressively among his employees and peers, he was young, yet so successful already. Not to mention his good looks were also at his advantage. It was something to envious of, really.

Baekhyun smiled at his employer, bowing his head briefly in respect as the man drew nearer. “I am, yes. It’s after eleven o’clock,” he answered, smiling. He was tired, but he knew better than to let it show in front of his boss.

“You’ve worked hard today,” Junmyeon praised, clapping a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “I don’t say this often to you, but just remember this: you’re my favorite employee with your hard work ethic. However, just be sure to rest often, okay? I don’t want my favorite secretary and assistant’s performance to dwindle.”

Baekhyun smiled gratifyingly, nodding. “Now, sir, when have I ever disappointed you?” Baekhyun teased, crossing his arms confidently. ;

“Never, of course,” Junmyeon said, feeling pleased. His hand reached to cup Baekhyun’s cheek momentarily, smiling kindly once again. “Sleep well tonight, okay? I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yes, sir,” Baekhyun said, bowing his head after Junmyeon drew his hand back. He bid a goodnight to the CEO as the ladder took his exit, leaving Baekhyun alone in the lobby.

Baekhyun sighed as he fit some papers into his satchel, feeling very tired.

He always felt strange after short exchanges between him and his boss were shared. He almost felt as if he was undeserving of this job; almost as if he cheated others to be in this position. He and Junmyeon were on another level than strictly employer and employee, but always remained professional in front of the others.

They weren’t together in a relationship. Neither of them wanted that. Even though they occasionally slept together, he really hated to label themselves as friends with benefits. It was such a belittling title. If only his parents knew, what would they think?

At least the was enjoyable. Junmyeon was exceptionally good at pleasing him.

Baekhyun finally turned off the light of the lobby and walked into the elevator, pressing the button to go down to the ground floor. He had had a lot to accomplish tonight, so the bus that lead him to his home wouldn’t be running right now. He’d have to walk.

He should have asked Junmyeon to drive him.

Baekhyun exchanged a quick goodnight with the night cleaner and the guard as he exited the building, taking off in the direction where he lived. It was chilly and Baekhyun was glad that he had worn a heavy jacket today.

He was walking for a good ten minutes before a familiar, shiny black car pulled up beside him. Baekhyun snorted, disbelievingly. His luck was sometimes unbelievable.

Junmyeon smiled as he rolled down the window, looking at Baekhyun. “I realized that the buses weren’t running and I didn’t want you walking home. It’s far too cold for that,” he explained.

“And as a result to your revelation, you decided to play hero by driving this way in hope of finding me and taking me home,” Baekhyun stated, getting into the heated car and buckling up.

“Intelligent as ever.”

“Well, thank you,” Baekhyun said gratefully, relaxing into his seat. “It’s freezing as hell tonight.” After pulling out back onto the main road, Junmyeon took Baekhyun’s hand into his own, eyes trained on the road.

“Well, I’m glad I came. Wouldn’t want you to get sick now, would we?”

Baekhyun shook his head.

They talked about unimportant things. Work, the weather, the pregnant receptionist on the ground floor of the company building. It made the car ride short and soon enough, they were parked outside Baekhyun’s apartment complex.

It was an average building; not shabby looking, but not expensively nice either. Baekhyun liked it though.

“We’re here,” Junmyeon commented, turning the ignition off.

Baekhyun nodded, but made no action to leave the car.

The two sat silently in the darkness of the vehicle, unmoving as they listened to one another’s breathing. After a few moments, Junmyeon shifted in his seat and reached out to cup Baekhyun’s cheek like he had at the office, pulling their faces close and pressing their lips together.

The kiss was gentle, Baekhyun Junmyeon’s bottom lip. Junmyeon’s tongue traced the other’s lips asking for entrance, which Baekhyun happily granted. Their tongues swirled together as they enjoying the exchanges of saliva, their breaths becoming more like pants.

Baekhyun placed a hand to the back of Junmyeon’s neck, pulling the man closer so that their chests were touching. Not breaking the kiss, Junmyeon reached over Baekhyun to lower the seat so that Junmyeon was slightly hovering over the man.

Baekhyun pushed Junmyeon’s jacket off and ran his hands over the elder’s toned back through the white shirt the man wore. Junmyeon followed suit, pulling Baekhyun into a sitting position once more to remove the article clothing, wanting to feel closer to him.

Once that was done, Junmyeon pushed Baekhyun back down onto the seat and breaking off the kiss, a string of salvia still connecting them for a moment before Junmyeon brought his lips to Baekhyun’s neck, placing butterfly kisses over the smooth skin.

The two wrapped their arms around one another, bringing them even closer together, and gave into their ual desires.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun concluded that today was going to be one of the days where nothing goes right. He had slept through his alarm that morning and as a result, he did not get to eat that decent breakfast he had been planning on and even missed his bus.

Now he was running like a wild man, weaving through the already busy sidewalks and in between other people on their way to work. He had already bumping into a number of people, apologizes quickly every time someone would grumble displeasingly and throw glares his way.

He was so late, he just knew it. Hopefully Junmyeon would let it slide since he was hardly ever late.

Well, also because he had just given the man a the night before. It was only fair that he be let off easy.

His mind running a thousand miles an hour as he ran wildly, he didn’t register a man walking out the door of a coffee shop he was just about to pass, but it was too late when he realized what was about to happen.

Baekhyun collided into the man with great force, both of them tumbling down onto the hard pavement and the other man’s coffee flying out of his hands and spilling onto the ground. Baekhyun’s hands stung from the impact of the ground breaking his fall and he could tell they were scratched and bleeding.

He sat immediately, trying to hold in his pained groans when he heard the other man’s equally pained sounds.

“I am so sorry!” Baekhyun cried, crawling over to the man who was still sitting on the ground, his back facing Baekhyun. “Here, let me help you up,” Baekhyun offered, pushing himself back on his feet and walking to the man and held his hand out.

The man, holding his head down and he regained his bearings, reached out to accept the help and was pulled to his feet, his form now towering over Baekhyun. He was tall.

Baekhyun looked up to meet the man’s face and suddenly, the world went still. There was no one walking around them and there was now no rush to get to work. The only thing registering was this man’s painfully familiar face staring down at him, eyes widen in shock.

The man’s face paled as he stared down at Baekhyun, not able to say a word whereas Baekhyun could hardly breathe as he whispered the name he had not said in such a long time.

“…Chanyeol?”

 


 

A/N: Well then o.o 

Anyway, I have started the campanion story to this fic called The Other Side so please check it out. There is a deleted scene called "Goodnight" from this chapter featuring Junmyeon and Baekhyun's late night escapade. ;) 

There will be other fluffy chapters in the future.

Feel free to drop a comment