Chapter 19

Once Was & Will Become

The fun day of celebration had finally come to an end that Saturday evening with Junmyeon walking Yixing up to his apartment carrying a bag of new clothes and a bag of cookies in his hands. Yixing let them in and told Junmyeon to just set the bags down in the living room.

“Thanks for today,” Yixing said gratefully walking up the other. “I had a nice time with you and Baekhyun.”

Junmyeon ran a hand through his messy hair, “About that at the café earlier today, are you normally clueless?” His mind drifted back to when Chanyeol was insistent on talking privately with Baekhyun, but Yixing had only derailed their argument.

Yixing raised a brow skeptically, looking slightly annoyed.

“Not that that’s a bad thing,” Junmyeon then quickly added upon seeing the displeased look.

Yixing shook his head, “I had friends back in China who said I could be at times. Why? Was I not catching something?”

Junmyeon shrugged. “Sort of,” he said, “When Chanyeol came to our table. It’s not an issue now, but I was just wondering…Well, yeah.”

“Oh,” Yixing muttered, mouth forming an ‘O’. “My apologies then.”

They both stood silently in the living room, listening to the faint ticks on the clock that hung on the wall. Yixing made no move to Junmyeon and Junmyeon made no indication to leave. There was still one issue left to resolve and they both knew it.

It was best not to put it off anymore.

“Yixing, I think we both know what needs to happen now,” Junmyeon said first, having mentally prepared himself and Yixing sat down on the couch, motioning for the CEO to join him.

“Well…Can I start?” Yixing asked, sighing when Junmyeon said yes.

“Okay,” he started, folding his hands in his lap, “I first want to say that back in China, I was a good kid who cringed at the word if anyone hadn’t been in a relationship for about seven months, so please don’t think I’m a or easy or anything. I’m hoping I didn’t give you that impression. Secondly, I really enjoyed sleeping with you. Third, that was a mistake. And Finally, I like you even though you’re my boss and therefore, we should not do that anymore.”

It was quite a speech, and Junmyeon had been surprised to say the least. Yixing wasn’t normally one for words, but that assumption had now been thrown out the window.

Junmyeon noted how pretty that pink flush looked on Yixing’s cheeks, who was so obviously embarrassed for having said what he had. Junmyeon would be lying if he hadn’t liked what he heard.

“That was pretty honest of you,” Junmyeon noted, trying not to laugh as he was teasing the other who crossed his arms defensively.

“Yes, it was. Thanks for noticing. Do you want to be honest with now?”

“You know I’m you’re boss, right? Should you be speaking to me like this?”

Yixing grabbed the pillow on the couch arm to the right of him and with great force, whacked Junmyeon with it to show his irritation.

“You’re in my apartment off hours; you’re just Junmyeon to me. You’re not my boss right now,” Yixing announced loudly, making Junmyeon bite the inside of his cheek to refrain from laughing at how cute the whole thing was.

“Very well then.  Want me to be honest?”

Yixing nodded.

“Fine,” he said, coughed loudly before he began just to spite the other. “I, Kim Junmyeon, only had with you that first time because I was very upset, I knew you liked me, so I used you.”

Being blunt isn’t always a good thing, which Junmyeon quickly figured out when he saw the panic is Yixing’s eyes that had begun to water.

“I’m sorry!” Junmyeon gasped, wanting to hit himself, “That was mean! Let me explain!”

Yixing sniffled.

“I didn’t like you, but then we talked some more that time in my car and I thought things were going to be okay. But then we did it that night and I enjoyed it a lot, even more than the first time! And then a few days passed and we acted like it hadn’t happened, but we got closer. I think today is proof of that.”

Junmyeon took a chance and grabbed Yixing’s hand, thankful the man didn’t pull it back.

“I don’t want to sleep together anymore. No more ,” Junmyeon said, feeling regretful. “Instead, I was hoping—and it’s okay to say no—that maybe….”

Yixing looked skeptically to him. “Maybe what?”

“….We could date?”

Yixing sat up straighter, feeling confused.

“I thought you didn’t like me.”

“Well….I mean, I like you, but I don’t know if I like you that way, you know? I admit, you’re really cute and I find myself thinking of you a lot recently, so maybe there’s something more to that,” Junmyeon attempted to explain, hoping he was making sense to this.

He felt really dumb.

“So, you’re saying you want to give a relationship a shot,” Yixing pressed further, mentally praying that his wasn’t a dream.

“Yeah, pretty much,” Junmyeon confirmed. “I haven’t been in a lot of relationships either, so I’m not totally sure how to do this, but I want to give it a shot with you.”

Yixing then removed his hand from Junmyeon’s only to smack the top of the other’s head with it, ignoring the pained whine and offended protest. 

“For owning a major company and understanding statistics, you’re pretty dumb.”

Junmyeon didn’t know whether to laugh at the comment or to be annoyed.

Then Yixing pressed hip lips against the elder’s cheek, and Junmyeon knew that everything cool now. Things were looking up for them, and nothing seemed complicated to them now.

“Even though we’re dating now, I don’t want everyone else to know,” Junmyeon heard Yixing say once he pulled away.

“I agree,” Junmyeon replied, “But let’s not allow that to interfere with us, okay?”

“Okay,” Yixing laughed, pushing himself off the couch. “Now get out of here. I’m tired.”

Yixing walked Junmyeon to the door where the two shared a hug, and albeit a slightly awkward one. Though, it was a pleasant feeling.

Junmyeon petted Yixing’s soft hair, whispering in his ear, “Goodnight.”

“’Night.”

 


 

A/N: Yeah, really sorry to do that to you (no BaekYeol), but but but but SULAY. If any of you look at the story feed, I promised an update on Wednesday, but I have way too much work to do. Therefore, instead of updating on Wednesday, I quickly typed this up when I got home today for you guys. But I PROMISE I will  update again by Sunday or Monday. Next week I have two exams and a ing long essay to write, so I'll probably be dead that week. I can't wait until the quarter ends, haha. 

I really want to thank you guys for the lovely comments I got on the last chapter, I'm really happy you guys liked it. I hope you liked this one too. And the next chapter I swear there will be the whole "TRUTH REVEALED" stuff for you, please be patient for just a little longer. 

I love you~~ 사랑해~~ 我爱你~~ 愛してるよ~~