Engagement Party

Pinky Promise

The whole family was in suspicion over the couple.  Yoogeun was playing with his colored legos as he attempted to create a castle.  Daesung, Sooyoung, Misun, Taeyang, and Seungri were carefully watching Seunghyun and Yoona playfully bicker over the bridal magazine that was in Yoona's hands.  It was just a new sight to them.  Seunghyun and Yoona didn't mention anything, but they were acting completely normal with each other.  They were used to seeing them fighting or arguing with each other.  Now there were at peace with one another.  The five family members just stared at them with their mouths wide open.  

They couldn't believe that they saw Yoona and Seunghyun on the opposite sofa laughing as they looked through the magazine.  Seunghyun had his arm around her and surprisingly, she didn't push his hand away.  She actually laughed along with him.

"You dummy," Yoona giggled, "Why are you even giving me suggestions about my wedding dress?  It's not like you're going to be the one wearing it."

"I'm the groom!" Seunghyun defended.

The couple stopped laughing as they heard Daesung clap his hands.

"I'm guessing that the original Seunghyun and Yoona were replaced by the Yoona and Seunghyun of three years ago?  What is wrong with you guys?  You guys usually fight, but now, you guys are so sweet.  It's disgusting to my eyes!" Daesung joked.

Sooyoung agreed with her husband, "Yeah, you two argued like cats and dogs.  Now you two are actually getting along.  What happened?  Did you two finally make up?"

Yoona put the bridal magazine down on the coffee table and sat up.  She folded her soft hands on her lap and gave them a grin.

"This baboon finally apologized to me for being a jerk," Yoona announced.

"Finally, he apologizes!" Misun cried out in relief.

Seunghyun was confused.  He saw Daesung, Sooyoung, Taeyang, and Seungri cheering along with Misun.  It was as if they were on Yoona's side the entire time.  Yoona was smiling cockily as if she knew that they were on her side the whole time.

"I wasn't that mean!" Seunghyun yelled.

Taeyang laughed, "I think we can all say that you were anything but nice.  You kidnapped Yoona for a few hours, you threatened to take away her baby, and you forced her to get married to you.  I bet you that she still feels as if she needs to get married to you so that she can still see Yoogeun."

"Yup, that's the only reason why I'm marrying him," Yoona went along with Taeyang's joke, "I'm only marrying him to stay with Yoogeun."

Yoona picked up Yoogeun off the floor and set him on her lap.  He smiled as his mother kissed his cheek.  Yoona lightly squeezed him into a hug while Yoogeun wrapped his short arms around Yoona's neck.

"Umma, I want to see my aunties," Yoogeun said in a low tone.

Yoona smiled, "You're not satisfied with your uncles?"

Yoogeun was excited to see Yoona's friends, Luna, Minzy, and Nicole.  He was neutral with the idea of hanging out with his uncles.

Yoona's question caused Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung to listen carefully to Yoogeun's response.  

Yoogeun shook his head slowly, "My uncles aren't pretty.  My aunties are."

Seunghyun burst into laughter at Yoogeun's statement as Sooyoung smiled happily.  Seunghyun ruffled his son's dark hair as he smiled widely.  Seungri scoffed loudly as he stood up with a confident stance.

"Excuse me, Yoogeun," Seungri started, "but I am more prettier than all of your aunties combined.  They have nothing on me!"

Misun looked at the watch on her wrist.  She stood up quickly and clapped her hands together.

"The engagement party that we're having is in about two to three hours.  Get ready everyone!" Misun announced.

The engaged couple were in their bedroom.  Misun was dressing Yoogeun up while Seungri, Daesung, Sooyoung, and Taeyang were getting ready in their own bedrooms.  Yoona had a simple black mini dress on.  She left her hair straight and just combed through it quickly.  She applied light makeup and put on her black heels.  Seunghyun put on a black tuxedo with matching black shoes.  

"I can't believe today's our engagement party," Yoona said softly, "Everyone will be shocked."

"Who did you invite?" he asked.

Yoona laughed, "Only our closest friends and family.  The last thing that I want is for the press to come to our engagement party!"

Seunghyun tried to define all of the people she considered as her close friends and family.  He knew for a fact that Daniel and Hyori were coming.  It would be kind of awkward because Seunghyun was pretty sure that Daniel knew about how mean he was to her daughter.  Seunghyun knew that her friends were attending.  Seohyun, Taeyeon, Jessica, Yuri, Tiffany, Sunny, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon were probably going to be the first ones to arrive.  Seunghyun grew nervous as he began to think about being faced with so many people that were protective over Yoona.

Yoona on the other hand seemed anxious about something.  She cleared and walked over to Seunghyun.  She fixed his collar as he looked at her with amazement.  The years have gone by, but he was still intrigued at how beautiful she was.

"I need to tell you something," Seunghyun and Yoona said at the same time.

"Uh, you go first," Seunghyun offered.

Yoona shook her head.

"You go first, please," Yoona insisted.

Seunghyun turned pink as he scratched the back of his head.

"Uh, I just wanted to warn you ahead of time that I'm going to be completely nervous later.  Your friends and family know what I have done to you.  They know about the rough path that we have been through.  Most importantly, they know how mean I was to you.  They liked me before we had Yoogeun, but what if they don't like me now?" he asked.

Yoona laughed at his concern.  She honestly didn't know what to expect.  She had to admit that he was an for treating her like that, but she just wanted to let go of the past.  She didn't want to hold any grudges.

"I don't care if they get mad at you.  If they do, they'll have to get over it because hating on you doesn't change the fact that you're Yoogeun's father," Yoona confessed.

Seunghyun was amazed at this woman.  How can she forgive someone so quickly with no hate or grudges?  He suddenly remembered that she had something to tell him.

"What did you want to tell me?" he asked.

The smile on her face quickly disappeared as she frowned.  She tried to smile, but grew weak.  Seunghyun took her hand as he encouraged her to speak about what she wanted to say.

"Seunghyun ah, I invited all my close friends to come to the engagement party.  That includes Jiyong," Yoona announced.

Seunghyun didn't know how to react.  He didn't know if he should feel angry, neutral, disappointed, or gloomy.  The only feeling that he was sure about was the feeling of jealousy.  He couldn't stand the thought of Yoona and Jiyong in the same place at the same time.  He knew that everyone would know about his jealousy.  He breathed in and sat on the foot of the bed.  Yoona walked near him and stood in front of him.  He looked down on the floor as he folded his hands.  Yoona lifted up his chin with her gently hand and gave him an uplifting smile.

"Aw, are you jealous?" she teased with enjoyment.

"No!" he shouted.

Yoona couldn't believe that they were actually acting like a couple now.  It felt so foreign because of the fact that they've been apart for so long.

"Then why do you care if Jiyong comes?" Yoona challenged.

Seunghyun examined her facial expressions and noticed that she was personally enjoying this.  She enjoyed seeing him get jealous over something as simple as Jiyong attending the engagement party.

"Okay, maybe I'm a little jealous," he finally confessed, "It's just complicated.  Inviting Jiyong to the party tonight is like me inviting my an ex-girlfriend."

Yoona's eyes grew wide as she looked directly into his eyes.

"I never had the guts to ask you this, but how many girlfriends have you had in the past?" she asked.

"You don't need to know.  It's an absurd number," he joked.

Yoona rolled her eyes as she turned around to walk away.  Her heels clicked against the bedroom's wood floor as she paced herself to the exit.  It was time for them to leave the bedroom anyways.

"Yoona, wait!" Seunghyun called out.

He grabbed her waist gently and turned her around.  When they were face to face, he softly wrapped his hands around her waist.  Yoona became quiet as he looked directly at her face.

"What's wrong with Jiyong coming to the engagement party anyways?  He's engaged himself.  He's one of my best friends and he was your friend," Yoona whispered.

"You inviting Jiyong is like me inviting Hyuna to our engagement party," he made an analogy.

Yoona rolled her eyes slowly, "It's different.  Jiyong and I were never a couple.  On the other hand, you and Hyuna were engaged.  You two were almost married."


The engagement party started after a few minutes.  Seunghyun and Yoona were still upstairs. They were going to make their entrance once all of the guests arrived.  Yoona looked down at the bottom floor nervously as she saw a few guests walking around with drinks in their hands.  She saw her friends and family there.  She was a little startled as she felt someone tap her back gently.  She turned and saw Seunghyun with a nervous smile on his perfect face.  

"Listen, I'm not really good at being the ideal guy.  I'm not good at being romantic, and I have to admit that idea of marrying someone out of my league terrifies me.  I consider myself blessed to be engaged to you and to have child with you.  I just wanted to...well, here take it!" Seunghyun stuck his hand out.

Yoona blinked as she looked at the ring on the palm of his hand.  It was a diamond engagement ring.  He knew how traditional she was.  Normally, women that had a rich fiance would want a ridiculously large diamond on their engagement ring.  The diamond on the ring in Seunghyun's palm was bigger than normal, but it was still moderate.

Yoona sighed as she reached for his palm and folded his fingers over the ring as if she was rejecting it.  This caught Seunghyun off guard.  He was expecting her to be jumping up in joy at excitement for the beautiful ring.  Yoona folded her arms and shook her head disapprovingly.

"You're not doing it right.  I'm guessing this is your second proposal since the first proposal was kind of an order rather than an actual proposal.  Since you want it to be done right, please do it properly," Yoona put her hands on her waist.

Seunghyun turned red immediately.  She was just so different from the other women that it felt almost weird.  He couldn't explain it, but he had a soft spot for her in his heart.  He quickly got over it as he smiled and got down on one knee.

"Im Yoona, will you please marry me and give me the honor of being your husband?" he asked as he stuck the ring up with his hand.

Yoona gave a teasing smile as she scratched her head signaling that she was thinking about it.

"I need more time to think about it," she said in a monotone.

He immediately frowned as Yoona burst into laughter.  The both of them wouldn't be surprised if the guests downstairs heard her obnoxiously loud outburst of hysteria.

"I was just kidding!  Of course I'll marry you!  I mean I have no other choice right?  You are the father of my son," Yoona joked.

Seunghyun gave her a frail smile as he kissed her on the lips and hugged her tightly.

As he hugged her, he brought his lips close to her ear.

"Thank you for everything.  Thank you for forgiving me," he whispered gently.


Yoona and Seunghyun walked down the grand flight of stairs.  Seunghyun was holding Yoona's hand as they both scanned the crowd of guests.  They saw many familiar faces that brought them joy.  Seunghyun on the other hand was looking out at the crowd for the face of his rival.  He saw Jiyong standing by himself in the back of the crowd.  As their friends and family clapped for them, Yoona waved with a gently grin as Seunghyun locked eyes with Jiyong.  Seunghyun's defined jawline tensed up as he teasingly kissed Yoona on the side of her head.  He then gave a cocky smile.


The engagement party was over in about four to five hours.  It was a blast for Yoona.  The girls were trying to persuade her to have a bachelorette party, but she refused because of the fact that she already had a child.  It surprised Yoona that Jiyong didn't make an attempt to talk to her.  He didn't even congratulate her on the engagement.  He just kept to himself quietly and only talked to others when he was spoken to.

There were only a few guests left as Yoogeun slept soundly on his mother's arms.  Yoona hummed a gentle tune as Yoogeun yawned and fell asleep with his head resting on her chest.  Seunghyun was talking to Taeyang in the second floor of the mansion about becoming his best man much to Daesung and Seungri's disapproval. Yoona was in the living room with Yuri, Jessica, Seohyun, and Sooyoung. 

"Why does Yuri have to be your maid of honor?" Sooyoung complained.

Yuri interjected, "The maid of honor is traditionally a woman that isn't married.  It was down to me and Seohyun and I beat her when we played rock, paper, scissors, so I win!"

"I don't mind being a bridesmaid.  The role of a maid of honor is highly stressing and I don't think it would fit me," Seohyun agreed.

The girls stopped talking as they heard a gentle knock on the front door.  Without anyone answering it, the door was slowly opened.  Yoona's eyes bulged out in surprise as she saw Jiyong poke his head out and give a little wave to the group of women.  

"Yoona, can I talk to you outside?" he asked in a low tone.

Seohyun, Sooyoung, and Yuri quickly began to analyze the situation.  They knew that the subject that they were going to talk about was going to be personal and deep.  They also concluded that Jiyong was speaking in a hushed tone because he probably didn't want Seunghyun to know that he wanted to talk to Yoona privately.

"Oh, sure," Yoona was hesitant.

Yuri took the sleeping Yoogeun from Yoona's arms and cradled him in her own arms.  She gave Yoona a hopeful smile as Yoona swallowed nervously.  Seohyun and Sooyoung have her a look as if they were telling her to be careful.  Seohyun grabbed her arm as she passed by and cupped her hand to Yoona's ear as she brought her lips near Yoona's ear.

"Unnie, please remember that you are now engaged," Seohyun whispered coolly.

Yoona nodded as she followed Jiyong out the door.

Yoona had to admit that she was terrified at the moment.  She kept in mind that she was now a mother, but she couldn't forget the past she had with him.  She was his best friend and she was in love with him for many years.  She tried to push away all of the feelings so that her train of thought was clear.  She breathed in and gave a hopeful smile.

"Jiyong ah, I haven't seen you in a while!  How's Gyuri?  How's her pregnancy?" Yoona asked.

Jiyong answered, "Uh, it's not good."

"Oh, I see," Yoona speculated, "When I was pregnant, it wasn't so good either.  I had frequent backaches, my feet were swollen, and I needed to pee every fifteen minutes!"

"No, you don't understand," Jiyong said lowly, "The pregnancy wasn't good.  Gyuri's not pregnant anymore.  She had a miscarriage two days ago."

Yoona couldn't believe it.  She was puzzled as she looked into Jiyong's eyes.  There was hurt in his eyes as he tried to hide his need to burst out crying.  Yoona automatically believed that she aborted the baby.  Her eyes grew fiery as she gritted her teeth.

"She had an abortion, huh?!  That inconsiderate tramp!" Yoona yelled.

"No, she didn't.  She wouldn't have an abortion because without that baby, I wouldn't marry her.  If I didn't marry her, she wouldn't have the money that she wanted.  In fact, she was crying and begging me to stay after we found out that the baby had no heartbeat," Jiyong explained slowly.

"Please tell me that you didn't take her back!  This is your chance to start a new life," Yoona offered.

Jiyong remained quiet for a few seconds.

"I didn't take her back," he assured Yoona, "I probably would have, but I didn't."

"That's good," Yoona replied.

After that, an awkward moment of silence ensued them.  Yoona was about to say goodbye and go back into the mansion, but Jiyong stopped her with his loud surge.

"Do you still love me?" he suddenly asked.

Yoona turned around with a bewildered expression.

"What are you talking about?" she asked him.

"You see...I knew that you loved me in the past.  I knew that you were in love with me in high school, but I ignored that because I knew that you would always be there waiting for me.  Now that you found someone new, I suddenly realized that I love you back, too.  I just want to know," he anxiously stated.

Yoona lowered her head, "Jiyong, please don't go there.  The past is the past.  Everything changed."

"But I still love you!" he exclaimed.

He reached for Yoona and kissed her on the lips.  Yoona gasped as she pushed him away roughly.  She wiped her lips with her wrist as she grunted in anger.

"It doesn't matter if I love you or if you love me anymore!" Yoona fired back, "I have a son now!  Do you think that my happiness matters anymore?  I only care about my son's happiness now!  And if marrying Seunghyun will get him that happiness, then I will marry him!"

"So you don't love Seunghyun!" Jiyong asserted, "You're only marrying him because it makes Yoogeun happy.  You forgave him just because he's the father of your child.  If he wasn't, he wouldn't be with you right now.  You would happily be with me."

Yoona couldn't think for a while.  Another moment of silence filled the atmosphere as Yoona's fist tightened.

"Shut up, please," Yoona requested, "Don't talk about the 'what ifs' because my life is set already.  I never thought it would get to the point where I have to tell you that I did love you.  I was so much in love with you that I thought I was going crazy!  Whenever I saw you flirting with another girl, I got so jealous that it was unbelievable, but you lost your chance.  You only loved me back because I'm now something that you can't have.  I love you, but I love Seunghyun more. I only love you as a friend, and I love Seunghyun for more than that.  I can honestly say that I would give him my whole soul in the marriage that I will have with him.  Even if Yoogeun didn't exist, I know that he would still be the man for me.  I'm sorry, but there's no one else...not even you."  

Yoona wiped away the stray tears that had escaped from her eyes.  She didn't want to walk in with a face full of tears.  She began to ponder what to do from then on.  Jiyong just kissed her and he was now watching the woman he loved walk away from him.  

Should she tell Seunghyun that Jiyong kissed her?  Should she tell her powerful fiance that her ex-flame confessed his love to her on their engagement night?  Yoona tried to think clearly.  She couldn't.  She knew how jealous Seunghyun could get.  If he wanted, he could ruin Jiyong's career.  If he knew, he would ruin Jiyong's career.  Jiyong lost his fiance, his unborn child, and Yoona didn't want him to lose his career.

"What Seunghyun doesn't know won't hurt him," Yoona mumbled to herself as twisted the doorknob to enter the mansion.


A/N:  I really missed updating for this story!  I'm so sorry for not updating for the longest time.  -__-'

I want to thank the readers that have stuck with me since the beginning of the story.  This will all end soon! :'/