4

Delivery! I Have A Box Of Chaos On Your Doorstep!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

When Ahra wakes up, she is instantly disoriented by the rather bright light shining in her eye, but not bright enough to completely numb her sense. Why do I feel like someone's staring at me? She frowns, and slowly opens her eyes. The first thing she realizes is that she is in a hospital, and the second being the steady staring of six pairs of concerned eyes. She yelps in surprise and they lean away in an attempt to cover up their worries.

"Oh." Chanyeol lets out a breath of relief. "I'm glad you're awake."

"Of course she would be awake!" Sehun huffs. "It's not like she died or something. Jesus."

"Hey. I'm your elder you little brat." He scolds and whacks the back of his head. Sehun yelps, and rubs the sore spot viciously.

She looks around the room in a daze and wrinkles her nose at the evident smell of bleach and the unnerving cleanliness of the room.

"What happened?" She asks Suho, who flashes her a warm smile. She can't help but to return it, and he speaks up. "You had an incident with Joo Sun, which rendered you unconscious. The administration came and suspended her for assault of a fellow student and called for an ambulance, they know of your...condition and wanted to be on the safe side. So they brought you to a hospital."

"Oh." Ahra says, speechless. She didn't think that Joo Sun would be suspended, but even the most favorited of students needed to be put down if they did something wrong.

"Why didn't you tell us that you had Achromotopsia?" Kai questions, curious rather than smug this time. Her eyes widen. They know...

She lowers her eyes and then sighs.

"Ahra?" They prompt.

"I thought you would hate me for it." She says truthfully, and looks away. "Everyone has always been friendly to me when they didn't know. But when they do-"

"They would bully you?" Baekhyun interrupts, and his eyes narrow. He scoffs. "Of course. These people are so shallow."

"Argh!" Chanyeol speaks with anger in his voice. "I should go back there and give them a piece of my min-"

"Is there any left?" Sehun says, and knocks on Chanyeol's head playfully. "Your brain cells die every passing second."

Chanyeol glares and tackles the youngest. He yells out, and Baekhyun joins in with a mischevious look upon his face. Ahra smiles at the light-hearted scene, and turns to Suho, who seems to be deeply concentrated on Kyungsoo. The latter was staring at the wall with a pinched look on his face, and Ahra her head.

"Kyungsoo?" She whispers, and wiggles up into a sitting position. "Kyungsoo."

He snaps out of his daze and gives her a polite smile, "Yes?"

"Is there something wrong?"

"N-no." He stammers and rubs the back of his neck. "Just thinking about an essay I have to write for school."

Her eyes narrow, and she becomes suspicious due to the changed atmosphere in the room. It looks like everyone was tensed and on edge, and she swore that Sehun had told her once that when he was uncomfortable or lying, Kyungsoo would always rub the back of his neck.

"Give it up." She says firmly.

Kyungsoo's eyes widen, and she almost laughs from the inhumane saucer-like size of his eyes. "What are you t-talking about..." He mumbles, and traces a circle on the tiles with the tip of his shoe. She also notices Sehun's stiff form by the window.

"I think there's something wrong." She crosses her arms and eyes them all closely. 

"What?" Baekhyun scoffs, "Are you sure that isn't just your imagination?"

She rolls her eyes.

"I think the medicine has gone up to her head." Kai adds in boredly from the little couch by the door. She's barely noticed him until now, and wishes that she hasn't at all.  

"Can you just tell me what's going on before I blow my mind?!" She hisses and they all jump.

"B-but-"

"Y-you-"

"Cant!"

"And why not?"

"B-Because-"

"W-well..."

Bam!

"OH, AHRA!" The voice of her older sister cries. Ahra doesn't miss the evident sign of relief on the boys faces but decides to confront them about it later on, not without a little glare on the side. Suho cannot help but pat her head and she looks up at him with a scrunched up nose, then she flushes red at his close proximity. He bends down to whisper in her ear that he would tell her everything soon enough, and he does not seem to need an answer because his response was the loud, beeping of her heart monitor.

"Promise me." She demands. He raises an eyebrow and holds out his pinky finger.

"I promise."

The boys exit the room with a loud goodbye, leaving her with her worried sister, as she fretted over the smallest of things.

-

I wonder why the boys were so nervous..or is it because of me? We're not that close anyways... She thinks to herself while the scenery changes second by second. In fact, that was really the first time she's been so forward with someone from her school.

She's been wracking her brain with so many reasons as to why the six guys in her hospital room were being so jumpy and nervous. Stuttering, anxious expressions, and bowed heads weren't the image she got when you thought of them. More like idols, guys who were admired all around the world for their dancing, modelling, acting, or even singing.

Stuttering? A definite no. Though, it was amusing to see them scared like that. 

"I should stay.." She hears her older sister say as she parks the car in front of their small house. "I heard someone broke into the house too!"

She sometimes liked her sister, and sometimes she di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter