Kai Time

Delivery! I Have A Box Of Chaos On Your Doorstep!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

___________ "Close My Eyes" by BLOCK B ___________

{ 38 }

¤~¤~¤~¤

 

On a normal day, you would be horrified to hear that four-lettered word come out the opposite gender's mouth, concerning you. And you were dead serious.

But now, walking down the streets of the booming night market wasn't as bad as you thought. You were surprisingly happy at this new discovery, because you couldn't go too far from your house or you'd get lost, or you just didn't have the time to explore Seoul in more ways. And like many other times, you had found out what you've been missing out on all these years.

"Isn't this a popular dating spot for girl's your age?" Kai asked amusedly as he watched you peer at the carts full of sweets and tables of jewelry. Your eyes shone with excitement when you spotted a ferris wheel in the distance, lit up beautifully with lights of different colors. 

"Unlike them, I stay home and pig out." You pointed out.

Kai scoffed, "Please. You're so skinny I can break you into half as if you were a twig. So much for pigging out."

You wrinkled your nose. "Why do you even think like that? It gives me the creeps sometimes."

Kai rolled his eyes and pulled you to his side as they walked through a large crowd. You followed him whilst taking glimpses at some shops and once the two of you were out of the crowd he brought you to a street stall that was selling ddeokbokki. Once the smell entered your nostrils your stomach rumbled with hunger. Oh god, it smells delicious!

"What would you and your beautiful girlfriend like to order?" The grown man behind the counter asked politely. Kai and you exchanged glances and looked away, a tint of blush forming on the both of your cheeks. 

"I'll have an order of spicy ddeobokki, and..." Kai looked at you.

You spoke up, "I'll just have a regular ddeobokki." You said.

The man gave you two a plate of ddeokbokki and Kai led you to a table. The two of you sat down and you started to pick at the rice cakes, nibbling on the sides because it was too hot. But once the heat had cooled down, you practically scarfed down the whole meal. Kai watched you with amused eyes and chuckled.

You threw your plate away and wiped your mouth. "That was good." You told him, giving him a thumbs-up.

He raised an eyebrow, "I take back my words, fatty." He teased, and stood up and threw his empty plate away.

You gaped at him and followed him out the street stall and unknowingly intertwined your fingers with his while you both passed a large crowd. Kai let a small slip a smile on his lips and pulled you closer to him.

Soon, the two of you walked farther and farther away from the night market, and closer to the amusement park. As the warm stores and heat coming from the cooking stoves was long gone, your heated body started to cool down and the cold wind was starting to affect you. With gym shorts on, a sleeveless tank, and no jacket, you were starting to freeze up.

Kai sighed at your shivering form and pulled you into his arms. His body heat slightly warmed you up and you let out a small sigh of relief.

"Why do you wear such exposing clothes when you know it's cold outside?" Kai muttered.

"I forgot to change..." You answered quietly.

Kai slowly stepped backwards and you followed him until he sat down on a bench and pulled you between his legs, took off his jacket, and placed it over your shoulders. He then wrapped his arms around your waist and placed his chin on your shoulder intimately, and your heart started to beat at the close proximity between your bodies.

"Does the oppas and Sehun know where we are?" You questioned.

"Nope~"

Your eyes widened and you turned-well, tried to turn around but his grip on your waist tightened and his chin pressed down on your shoulder, so you could only look at him out of the corner of your eyes.

"They must be worried!" You whispered in a panicky voice. "And Sehun! Is Sehun okay now? Did they take care of him-" Whoever hit him should also look bad, because Sehun is usually never so violent and whoever provoked him must've made him really angry...

"They'll be fine. Last time I checked, they were still scolding him for getting into a fight." Kai assured and squeezed you tighter to him. You sighed, knowing he wouldn't let you go, and since this was one of the times he was actually in a good mood, you decided to just go along with him. 

"Are you still cold?" Kai murmured in your ear. You shuddered, not from the cold wind that had just passed by, but from the sudden blast of heat on your neck as lips touched the lobe of your ear.

You shook your head and pressed deeper into his chest, where all the heat was coming from at the moment. You were wondering why he wasn't cold just a tiny bit but had a feeling it had to be an advantage of a wolf. Extremely hot body temperature? Sounds about right. Something like Twilight.

A moment of silence passed over the two of you. You were blankly staring at the families and couples enjoying the night market together while Kai had his eyes closed. You blinked when a flash of color entered the slight space where the glass frames didn't cover your eye, and turned to it. Your eyes then brightened and you patted Kai's knee.

"Mm?" He muttered huskily, blinking his eyes open and staring at where your hand pointed.

"Fireworks!" You whispered. "It's coming from the amusement park!"

It took him a minute to respond, and when he did you gaped.

"..and?"

You elbowed his stomach and he let out a small groan. "Let's go over there, Kai!" You urged, shaking his knee impatiently and wiggling in his grasp like a child.

He sighed heavily and turned his head and laid his cheek on your shoulder. His hot breath his your neck as he buried his head into your hair and exhaled.

"Can we just stay and watch the fireworks from here?" He pleaded.

You pursed your lips and his arm that was wrapped around your waist moved back to pat your stomach comfortingly. He knew that you didn't like his idea.

"I promise you to do one thing you want after this. Okay?" His lips brushed against the tip of your ear teasingly and you stiffened at the touch. "Let's just stay like this. Just once."

You contemplated his offer for a few seconds while he took the time to close his eyes once more. You really wanted to go and see what all the hype was about, judging by the distant cheers, booming music and all the people walking from the night market to there, it was a public celebration of some sort. But when you had glanced back at Kai, who was sleeping once more, you saw his faint eye-bags and tired stance so you decided against it.

You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter