Happy Birthday I

Delivery! I Have A Box Of Chaos On Your Doorstep!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

___________ "SHE" by DBSK/TVXQ ___________

{ 33 }

¤~¤~¤~¤

 

It was the weekend. You awoke at the sound of a deadly silent house and rubbed at your eyes. You yawned and glanced at the clock which read that it was noon. You slid out of your bed when you didn't hear the clanging pans of D.O. cooking, the sounds from the television that Chanyeol and Kai would be watching, Sehun's whining, and Suho's sweet voice calling for everyone to wake up. You didn't hear Baekhyun teasing anybody either, and you frowned.

You tip-toed out of your room and peered over the railing of the stairs. You crept down the stairs, feeling a weird sense of dejavu come over you. You looked around.

"Oppas?" You called uneasily, biting your lips as a wave of suspicion came over you. "Kai? Sehun?"

There wasn't any answers and you rubbed at the goosebumps forming on your arms. You were started to get frightened, that was something you were sure of.

"Guys..?" You muttered.

"BOO!"

You let out a shriek. A pair of arms encircled around your form and lifted you up. You struggled in the grip and started to kick the person incessantly, doing your best to get the person off you.

"Yah! Yah! Sto-OW! For a little girl like you, you hit hard!"

Once Chanyeol's deep entered your ears you sighed in relief and stopped. He let you down with a pout. You looked up at him to see him all dressed up in a white button-down and jeans, pulling off his formal black blazer whilst looking at you. You noticed his new haircut, that was short unlike his poofy ball of curls. You liked this look. He seemed even more manly and handsome. 

"Where's everyone else?" You questioned.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and a teasing smile fell upon his lips. "Why? You don't want to see me?" He asked in a fake-hurt voice.

You rapped on his forehead, "Don't put words into my mouth." You scolded.

He chuckled and ruffled your hair. His eyes fell on your bare legs but you didn't notice. He bit his lip and briefly shut his eyes, erasing the shameful images that were starting to form in his mind. 

"The boys are busy with something." Chanyeol replied lightly and ruffled your hair. "I want to go visit a place. Do you want to go out with me?"

You took this as a chance to get closer to him and nodded. You gave him a smile. "I'll be right down." You said quickly, hurrying up the stairs.

His eyes twinkled with amusement at your flushed face. "Dress nicely too, okay?" He called.

You slipped your hand over the railing for him to see and gave him a thumbs-up. He chuckled at your childishness as you ran into your room and started to wash up. You slowly slid your glasses off and blinked at your wardrobe before picking out a sleeveless red button-down blouse and a pair of dark jeans. You grabbed a warm hoodie with a denim torso and grey sleeves with a grey hood and put your slighty-wavy hair in a ponytail. You looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. God...I'm so nervous for some reason. Hopefully this is nice enough.

When you entered the living room your eyes softened at the sight in front of you. Chanyeol had threw on a hoodie and was at the dining table, staring out the window sadly.

His normally cheery and playful aura was gone, replaced by one of grief. His eyes were bloodshot and slightly swollen from, what you inferred, crying a lot and his face was paler than normal.

"Oppa.." You whispered, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. He slowly turned around and gave you a once-over. He smiled at how cute you looked and looked into your eyes.

"Ready?"

"Y-yeah.." You murmured.

He nodded and got up. He took the car keys out of the basket and with the keys in one hand that was pocketed, took your other hand and brought you outside. You locked the door while he started the car and rubbed your cold cheeks. You entered and once you shut the door and buckled your seatbelt, he sped out of the neighborhood.

"W-where are we going?" You said nervously.

Chanyeol tensed and his grip on the steering wheel tightened. But he turned to you with a small smile. "Today's my birthday."

Your eyes widened and you hit yourself for forgetting so carelessly. You were supposed to get him a present! How could you forget something like this so easily?!

Chanyeol was aware of your guilt and chuckled. He patted your head. "It's okay. That shouldn't have been on your list of priorities when so many things have been happening at once." He comforted.

Your eyes slanted down in sadness when another expression of anguish came over his face. He parked on a free lane beside the street, and got out of the car. You followed him out slowly and watched as he entered the graveyard and knelt beside a gravestone.

You stared at the writings on it and your eyes widened.

"Kim Heejin.

The greatest mother to EXO, who has always cared for our health and education. We thank you for being there as our role-model. We hope that you'll please rest in peace from now on.

July 17, 1965 - November 27, 2010."

Your expression turned into a horrified one and you blinked in shock at Chanyeol who was staring down at the gravestone with a sad expression.

"She was our grandmother." He started. "She had given birth to my mother, as well as Baekhyun's, Sehun's, D.O's, and Suho's and Kai's father. The reason for us all having a different last name is because since she had four daughers, they married off to our father's and we had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter