Admirance and Forgiveness

Delivery! I Have A Box Of Chaos On Your Doorstep!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

___________  ___________

{ 42 }

¤~¤~¤~¤

 

"Up next is Group Twenty-Seven!"

You nervously twiddled your thumbs as you waited backstage at the Perfoming Arts hall. You wiped away drips of sweat on your forehead and fanned yourself, wishing to just step outside in the cold air and freeze yourself to death. It was impossibly hot in the hall and made your movements slow and lead-like. It was horrible.

You had woken up early, after spending the time from noon till midgnight yesterday on practicing. The way you aced the jumps had you motivated than usual, and you had spent the time to make it muscle memory for every four cms, till 2.10m. That was the most you could go when you were young, and you were absolutely sure that will remain. You had tried 2.12m, and when you jumped, you had hit straight into the bar and had it stab into your back painfully as you landed.

The boys were tired as they came home three hours earlier than you and ate ramen shortly before they fell asleep in their beds. You weren't offended or upset. Judging by the sweat, heavy movements, and tired eyes they had practiced hard. But when you had exited the bathroom from taking a refreshing shower, they were all dressed and getting ready to go out.

Confused, you had questioned them for the occasion. They had responded with a brief "full moon", voices cold and eyes dark. Even Suho, and more of Chanyeol who had exited the house without a goodbye. Sehun had avoided your eyes and left right after Chanyeol. You were bewildered by their behaviors, but it being the first time they had intimidated you, you decided to let it go and left the room.

As you woke up this morning, you had a slight fear of going downstairs to meet them. You had then wasted ten minutes of gathering your courage, did a small workout, then prepared yourself as you walked into the kitchen. The shocking thing? They were all bubbly, happy, and touchy as usual as if nothing had ever happened but Sehun still hadn't talked to you after the small argument yesterday, and you were upset.

As the seven of you walked through the gates of the busy school, you had separated as they walked to the main campus for a few more rehearsals and you ran towards the gym for one more round of training. After you finished and slightly impressed Coach Kang, he released you to go and help out with setting up the Festival. Helping out had quickly passed the time, and soon you found yourself backstage during the most anticipated school year event: the Performing Arts portion of the Athletic Arts Festival.

A total of thirty groups or soloing students were going to perform. First were the ten best instrument-playing students, second the ten best singers, and third the ten best dancers. They could all form a group together to largen the chances of being recruited, which was what the wolves had done. According to the performing list that were handed out to everyone watching the performances, the wolves were chosen to perform first as an introduction and were going to also perform last.

When you had watched them perform, you had noticed three things. One, their aura. No longer were they childish and playful, but serious and mature. Two, their expressions. They had determined and confident smirks on their lips, especially Baekhyun and Kai, and had locked eyes with you when they had turned around for the bridge part in the song, letting Baekhyun and D.O. sing their parts. The last, obviously, were their eyes. As the saying goes, 'eyes are the windows to your soul', you had seen everything. Ranging from anxiety to fear, from nervousness to excitement, from consciousness to confidence, from worry to the free smiles on their faces. 

You were amazed by their performing skills. Sehun had told you once that he never really liked attention, but had gotten it anyway. You thought they would be dead frightened by the huge crowd of 10,000 or so audience, workers and employees of agencies, teachers, students, families, staff, and you even took notice of the idol singers in the front row seats. But they weren't affected by the least.

Kai and Sehun were fluid dancers, their feet a blur and their bodies rocking to the beat of the song smoothly, their faces strong and shielded over. Chanyeol had rapped and his ultra-new-level-of-deepness had sent shivers down your spine from it's huskiness. Suho had an angelic voice that matched well with the slowed, piano part of the song and Baekhyun and D.O. had strong vocals that bellowed out high notes perfectly. You just knew that they would be recruited. There wasn't a doubt, when you had unknowingly compared them to other performers that came after them. Seeing them on stag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter