Confrontation

Delivery! I Have A Box Of Chaos On Your Doorstep!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ 25 }

¤~¤~¤~¤

 

"Hey, hey! GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

"I'm just trying to help!" You heard Chanyeol argue.

You smiled, and ran a hand through your hair. You had just woken up due to the loud clanging going on downstairs. Of course, you didn't wake up in perfect condition.

When you had checked the calendar, it had stated that today was Wednesday. The last you remembered was coming home from the mall and eating noodles on Sunday, then the rest was just a gap in your memory. You did, however, feel the soreness of your neck and the pounding headache that was accompanied by white spots in your vision as you stood.

The boys were all dressed up in their uniforms, except for Suho and Sehun, and the sun was shining down brightly. But just because the room was glowing brightly, didn't mean the atmosphere was the same. They all had serious, weary faces on.

They were late, you noticed. As am I.

You adjusted your jeans and slipped on your socks, then tucked in your shirt as you saw a girl do a few days ago. Shifting your backpack on your shoulder, you walked into the kitchen and watched as the boys all simutaneously dropped their forks, along with their jaws.

D.O. raised an eyebrow at his brothers faces. What were they staring at? He turned around, and his eyes widened. Okay...I know now.

Suho was the first to snap out of his surprised state and stood up. He placed his empty plate in the sink and took your backpack from your hands. "What are you doing up?" He asked gently, brushing your hair away from your head to check your temperature. Her fever's gone down.

"What happened?" You inquired. The boys exchanged glances and D.O. dropped a pile of scrambled eggs on a plate and arranged it neatly to put bacon and sausages on it. He opened a cabinet and took out a bowl, then opened a closed pot and poured some congee into it.

"Baekhyun." He called before you could ask another question. "Take these plates and get her comfortable on the sofa."

Baekhyun stood up instantly and took the plate and bowl with one hand and led you to the living room. Setting your breakfast down on the table, he made you sit on the sofa.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" You insisted as Sehun and Chanyeol came to accompany you. They plopped down on the sofa and started to feed you against your will. 

"What-" Your sentence was stopped short as Sehun slipped in two pieces of bacon in your mouth and Chanyeol tipped a spoon of congee in. You glared at them and they innocently blinked at you before repeating the cycle once more. You had enough and stood up, walking into the kitchen and placing your hands on your hips.

"What happened? If you don't tell me now I won't talk to you guys for a month!"

The boys panicked and started to splutter excuses until you sighed.

"Will you guys tell me when we get back?" You said tiredly, downing a cup of water quickly and tying your hair up into a ponytail.

They knew that forcing you in bed will just upset you so they decided to humor you and nodded. You gave them a small smile and from just that, they knew they did the right thing.

"Let's go~" Chanyeol said brightly, wrapping an arm around your shoulder and bringing you out the door. You slipped your feet into your plain, black sneakers and walked out the front door with him while the rest followed you.

The drive to school was pretty normal, if you call wild boys singing to Girl's Generation, normal. D.O. had given you some medicine for the headache and you were pretty much fine, though they wanted you to keep warm and away from colds, which was why they put hot honey water in a thermos for you to drink all day. You just sat back and enjoyed the light atmosphere, compared to the one this morning.

Soon, you stepped into school and the boys gave you quick 'see you laters'. The oldest three, excluding Chanyeol, were especially naggy today. They made sure you were warm, somehow bringing a scarf out of nowhere and wrapping it around your neck and forcing you to put on gloves. You appreciated the gestures, but they were starting to suffocate you with all the worrying that you had to put a stop to it.

"I've got it, oppas!" You said forcefully, pushing them away at arm's length. At their disappointed expressions, you then smiled. "Don't worry so much, I'll be fine. But what you should worry about, is how you'll be explaining what's been happening these past few days, okay!"

The boys exchanged glances once more. Does she remember anything from her dreams? At your not-so-troubled face, they knew you hadn't. And so, they were glad.

"See you at lunch, all right? If you feel the slightest sign of a fever, tell Sehun!" D.O. ordered from across the campus. You nodded and gave him a thumbs-up but lowered your hand when you saw all the glares from the students.

"Come on, noona." Sehun said carefully, sliding his hand around your wrist and pulling you down the High Institution pathway. You followed him quietly, feeling the exhaustion in your system despite the fact that you've been sleeping for two days already. He noticed your sudden silence yet understood what you were going through. The screams going on at night were loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood, but not only that, your struggles while you were asleep warned them that nothing good was going on in your dreams at the moment.

They just hoped that the rest of your markings won't be so rough on you.

He wasn't just thinking about your well-being. Yes, if you forced yourself too much, you would tire out and faint from fatigue. He was also feeling the same, as well as the other boys, because the new moon was tonight. It signalled a rise in hormones, and also made them slightly wearier than other days. He didn't want to be thinking about you at all today, a fact dangerous to him he would hurt you when feeling these feelings. Now, every single touch from you sparked something dangerous in him that threatened to snap any minute. I can't help but look at her lips...if I could just lean forward-

"Sehun-ah!"

The both of you turned and immediately bowed at the person panting in front of you. "Ms. Lee." Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter