Gold Rings

Delivery! I Have A Box Of Chaos On Your Doorstep!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

___________  "Oh, Great!" by Girl's Day ___________

{ 45 }

¤~¤~¤~¤

"They left me again!" I sighed in frustration and crossed my arms. I looked up at the ceiling with a frown. "And they promised..."

I trailed off and stared into the brightly flaming fireplace, the heat warming the living room up and setting a lovely glow on the house's white walls. I tightened the blankets around my figure and placed my head back on the large pillow as I stared up at the ceiling. I was sprawled out on the living room floors, waiting for the boys to come back soon because we were supposed to go out and celebrate our six-month anniversary. For the whole day.

Yet, they left me in the early ways of the morning, probably off to hunt in the barren woods. It was snowing outside and there weren't any traces of life around the house, for we lived a ten miles away from the bustling city, in a place where no one would usually come across. But, of course, that limited my amount of friends and being able to shop around and wait for them, because the nearest bus stop was two miles from the house and I couldn't drive. Plus, I was sick. And, I couldn't cook at all. I usually left that to the boys, and they didn't want me going anywhere near the stoves, oven, or microwave unless they were there.

And, I could've cooked up some ramen or rice with a pork omelet, but nooo, they just had to throw ALL of the ramen packs out and the ones I hid were already spoiled by being hidden for so long, and some of them even had the guts to buy more and eat them in front of me! AND, THEY LOCKED UP BOTH OF THE REFRIGERATORS SO ALL I COULD DO WAS NIBBLE ON SOME HORRENDOUS BREAD AND GULP DOWN THE BITTER TASTE OF WATER.

I breathed in deeply to calm myself down and groaned. I rolled over on the floor and buried my face in the pillow.

Sometimes, I just want to punch them in the face for taking away everything I loved—my ramen to be exact— then leave me in a silent house all by myself. They promised! And they broke that promise!

I contemplated my situation for a few minutes, before glancing at the ticking clock. They wouldn't be back for a few more hours. So I guess I had the house all to myself in those times.

I decided to waste my time and slid on warmer clothes, tying two scarfs around my neck and sliding on a beanie, then propped my hood up. I threw on my gloves and pulled the collar of my sweater up, and darted out the front door.

I jumped into the piles of sand and grinned to myself as I shaped a large ball of snow. I started to make snowmen, laughing as I ran in and out of the house with raw beans, carrots, and picked up some nearby branches for arms. I giggled as I cracked a piece of the branch off to make the eyebrows of the angry-looking snowman, and fell back, the sounds of my laughter echoing around the front yard. Jeez, I make good snowmen. I mean, they look EXACTLY like those ramen-stealers and refridgerator-lockers.

I snapped out of my thoughts when something hard hit my back. I raised my hand and felt the remnants of a good snowball sliding down my coat, and turned around. I saw nothing, and I frowned.

I turned back around, but was suddenly tackled. I flew through the air, and my eyes widened when the ground was coming closer to my face. I squeezed my eyes shut and felt myself being maneuvered and fell on top of a hard chest.

After the shock wore off, my eyes snapped open, to meet a pair of golden ones. I paled instantly, seeing his frowning face, and jumped up. But before I could escape, he wrapped his hand around my shoulder and dragged me back.

"What are you doing outside?" He questioned, eyebrow raising underneath his curly and fashionably styled black hair.

"Uhh...I was just looking for the mail!" I quickly lied with a smile.

He cocked an eyebrow and without even looking, pointed his thumb in the direction of the snowmen. "And there were six random snowmen sitting on our front yard?" He inquired with a smirk. He knew very well that I'd gone outside to pass the time. But the boys were still intent on going hunting and leaving me home so I wouldn't get sick, since I always went with them when they hunted.

"I...uh...yeah!" I stammered. He scrutinized me for a minute longer, before turning away and rolling a ball of snow into a bigger circle.

"Ge, what are you doing?" I asked.

"There's only six. We're missing one more." He pointed out, eyes centered on the giant space between the six snowmen. After a few minutes, he finished and stepped back with a smile. My eyes bulged out at the abnormally large eyes he gave me, and he figured out my anger before it even bubbled up and darted into the house.

I chased after him, kicking off my shoes and slamming the door close. The sound echoed throughout the once quiet house, as he jumped over the sofa and raced into the laundry room. I followed him in and glared at him. He sent me a wink, before stripping off his snow-enveloped shirt and unbuckled his belt.

I flushed red and hung my coat up on the rack. I ran into my bedroom and changed into a warm sweater and bedshorts, before walking into the living room and plopping back down on my blanket and pillows.

After a few more seconds, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter