CH 31 ~ Wedding dress

I'm Trapped (Discontinued)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIt6KCwlFPw

 

It was a beautiful morning filled with the warmth from the sun shining through the glass windows casting shadows in your living room. You poured yourself a cup of coffee and situated yourself at the dining table. Taking a sip you noticed the rainbow spectrum that was reflecting off the diamond on your left hand and brought it up closer. Smiling to yourself you remembered back to the night when the man who you will be spending the rest of your life with proposed to you. Some time has passed since then but it seems as if everything had happened just yesterday. You and Eunhyuk wasted no time jumping into full wedding preparation mode, not wanting to waste another day before the two of you will be together for life. 

But wedding planning seemed so much easier in movies and you didn’t know how stressful it actually was. Making sure everything was perfect and on time for the big day. There was also the situation of breaking the news to Eunhyuk’s company and having to work around their schedules. There has been talk on how you were going to announce the wedding to the public before it gets leaked out and you agreed that it’s best if you and Eunhyuk tell everything during a press conference to clear any confusion up. Opening your wedding planner  you looked at the variety of colours of stickie notes that were pasted every where on the pages. You set your cup down and ran your fingers through your hair thinking about how much more you have to do still. But thankfully you got some help and as if on cue your heard someone stumbling into your kitchen still half asleep.

“ I am so tired…But I’m starvingggggg. Is there any food?.” You looked up at your friend Mai who was still rubbing her eyes and yawning. “ Well good morning to you too,” you said jokingly. She gave you a sarcastic grin before holding her stomach. “ No but seriously is there any food? I’m going to die.” “ There’s still leftover eggs and bacon drama queen. Knock yourself out,” you laughed before continuing looking through your notes. Mai gathered her food on a plate and grabbed a water bottle before sitting across from you. “ So are you almost finished with everything yet?,” she asked taking a bite of her toast. “ Double check on the venue, catering, make sure the invitations are all mailed out to everyone, go over the setlist, check decorations, decide on hair and makeup, oh and pick a wedding dress,” you said letting out a breath. Mai dropped her toast onto her plate and stared at you with widened eyes. “ YOU DIDN’T PICK YOUR WEDDING DRESS YET? ______!! THAT SHOULD’VE BEEN THE FIRST THING ON YOUR LIST!!,” she shouted at you. “ I know I know but it was just I had to make sure everything else was figured out and with Eunhyuk’s schedule and getting approval from his company and with everything else going on I just kind of forgot. Plus it’s just a dress…It shouldn’t be that hard to pick one right?” Mai sat back into her seat and stared at you, judging real hard. “ I don’t care what you had planned on doing today but I’m going to take you dress shopping,” she said. “ But-,” you started but she cut you off. “ NO BUTS OR IFS OR ANYTHING. WE ARE GETTING YOU A DRESS AND IT’S FINAL OKAY?! That makes me assume that you didn’t pick out my maid of honour dress either did you?” she asked. You shook your head slowly. “ Thought so. Today shall be dress shopping day. I’m going to call that fiance of yours because he should be providing some financial aid for the dress,” she said flipping out her phone. You wanted to stop her but you knew that once Mai has her mind set on something that’’s that. There is no way to convince her otherwise. You closed your planner and took another sip of your coffee. “ I guess I can do everything else tomorrow,” you thought to yourself. Plus if you could trust anyone when it came to wedding dresses it would be Mai. 

 


An hour later you walked arm and arm into a grand wedding dress shop with Mai as your attention diverted from all the beautiful gowns around you. “ Hello, how can I help you ladies today?,” a young clerk asked. “ My friend here is getting married soon so she was looking for a dress,” Mai answered for you. “ Let me show you to our beautiful collections that just got in. Follow me please,” she said leading the two of you into the store. After countless of browsing and debating you had a pile of dresses that was picked out for you to try on. Mai was off looking for her own dress as you tried on the dresses in the room. You didn’t know how picky you were until the dress was on your body and you checked yourself in the all round mirrors. This one didn’t have the straps you like, the neckline on this one didn’t suit you, too much detail on this one, or this one was too plain. You thought you were hopeless until Mai came running in scaring the daylights out of you when she pulled the curtain aside. “ I FOUND THE PERFECT DRESS FOR YOU!!!,” she said excitedly. “ My god Mai, don’t do that. You scared me. At least give me a warning,” you said clutching your chest. “ Try it on, Do it, Go!,” she said handing over the dress. “ So bossy,” you whispered as she disappeared once again. Carefully slipping yourself in the dress you fixed your hair and smoothed down any creases before looking up at yourself. You let out a gasp as you stared at yourself. Mai was right, this was the dress. 

 

HIS POV

“ Hyung why did you drag me along…Do you really hate me that much?” Kyuhyun complained beside you playing on his phone. “ Sometimes. But I didn’t want to be stuck alone in a wedding dress store, I need company with me,” you said trying to find the right street. You remembered back to the phone call you received from Mai just a few hours earlier this morning

 

“ Hello Oppa! I’m taking your little wifey out dress shopping today so you have to be there okay? As her soon to be husband you have to have a say in the dress that she’s going to be wearing. And of course buy it right? I mean it’s the only manly thing to do. Anyways I’ll text you the address once were there. DON’T BE LATE!”

 

She hung up before you could even utter a single word out. But you were surprised that _____ hasn’t picked out a wedding dress yet. You were kind of excited but nervous at the same time to see her in a wedding dress. It makes the whole wedding seem more real, like it’s actually happening and it isn’t just a dream. 

“ Earth to Hyung, I am talking to you,” Kyuhyun said waving his hand in front of your face. “ YAH! I’m trying to drive here,” you said smacking his hand away. “ I said it still doesn’t mean you have to drag ME with you. Donghae hyung would’ve love to accompany you instead.” “ True. But I’m sure Mai would be more happy to see you than Donghae,” you said. The car went silent for a few seconds and you looked over at your dongseng to see his reaction. “ Oh. I see,” he said looking down at his fingers. “ Did you do what I told you to do?” you asked him. “ No..I never got a chance…Plus I don’t know any of her contact information,” he mumbled. “ Ahhh what am I going to do with you kid.” 

 

You finally arrived at the shop and dragged Kyuhyun in with you. “ Hello sir, may I help you?” “ My fiancee is here with a friend looking for a wedding dress” you told the lady. “ Ah yes. They’re in the changing rooms I’ll take you to the waiting area.” You sat yourself down on the couch with Kyuhyun beside you. Your nerves finally awoken as you felt your palms getting sweaty from just sitting there waiting. “ So this is what it feels like to wait for your soon to be wife trying on dresses,” you said. Kyuhyun just let out a scoff. A couple more minutes has passed when you heard the curtains finally draw open. This might sound extremely cliche but it felt as if the world stopped spinning and time just froze in place as you stared with your jaw dropped. _____ was standing there in front of you in a beautiful white dress that accumulate her curves and hugged her body perfectly. She looked like an angel that has been brought down to you from the heavens. “ Oppa?” she looked at you with her head cocked. “ Wow…” was all you can get out. “ You look…beautiful,” you said once your thought process finally began working again. Her cheeks flushed and she gave you a shy thanks. “ Why don’t you turn once for us?” the sales lady asked. ______ carefully picked up her dress and slowly turned around. Your eyes were trained on the delicate lace back revealing her soft pale skin, down to the long train that trailed behind her. “ Do you like it?,” _____ asked you. You nodded your head not being able to keep the huge grin off your face. She smiled back at you and the both of you felt a strong connection as reality finally sunk in that this was happening. The mood was interrupted when Mai came running in or tried to as she was wearing sky high heels. “ Didn’t I say it was perfect!? It’s gorgeous on you!” she said. She finally noticed you and said hi before her eyes diverted to Kyuhyun who was still sitting but staring at her frozen in place. You kicked his foot and motioned for him to get up. “ Oh…Uh…Hi,” he stuttered. “ Uhm..Hi” she said as her face slowly turned pink. “ I’m just going to go change….I’ll see you in a bit,” she said before bolting out. You looked at Kyuhyun who watched as she left. “ Go,” you said pointing your chin after Mai. “ Go where?” Kyuhyun asked. “ Aren’t you supposed to be smart? Go after her. This is your only chance,” you said. “ But she’s changing…Isn’t that weird?” he said rubbing the back of his neck. You flicked his forehead. “ I don’t mean go in there with her pabo. Just wait for her outside. Talk to her and exchange phone numbers. Just do something,” you said as you shoved him out of the waiting area. “ Fine fine. Calm down,” he said before sulking off. 

You walked back to ______ who was laughing at the whole encounter. “ Just watching those two frustrate me,” you said shaking your head. “ It’s okay. They both like each other so it’s only the matter of time before they are together. We can’t force them,” she said. “ Yeah well Mai is going to have to wait for the rest of her life if someone doesn’t force that Maknae to do something.” “ But I’m sure she’s willing to do so. People do crazy things when they’re in love.” You looked at ______ who was smiling at you. “ That’s true. But thankfully we are together and always will be,” you said wrapping your arms around her waist. “ I agree and soon we’ll belong to each other.” You bent down and pressed your lips against hers feeling her arms around your neck pulling you in closer. “ I love you,” you whispered against her lips. “ I love you too,” she replied. You heard someone clear their throat and the two of you pulled away immediately as the clerk stood there awkwardly.  “ So would you like to look at any other dresses today miss?” “ We’re going to take this one,” you said as the clerk nodded and left. “ Thank you so much,” _____ said. “ Of course. Anything for my soon to be wife.”

The both of you ringed out the dress and left the shop hand in hand. You looked around, “ Where did they go?” you asked not seeing Mai or Kyuhyun anywhere. _____ looked around as well. “ hmmm. I don’t see them either. Maybe they left?” “ Well I sure hope they left together,” you said taking out your phone to see if Kyuhyun left any messages. You had one new text and opened it up to see

 

Me and Mai went to a nearby cafe. Don’t worry about us. I’ll take her home later. 

 

“ Ah, so they’re together. Well that’s good. Maybe we’ll get some happy news later on tonight,” you said holding _____’s hand tighter. “ Let’s cross our fingers and wish them luck,” she said crossing her fingers on her other hand. “ Jagiya…I think they’re going to need much more than just fingers crossed.” The both of you let out a chuckle as you walked together down the street hand in hand. 

 

 

 


WHOA AN ACTUAL UPDATE AFTER 4 MONTHS.....*bows down* so so so so so so so so so so sorrrrryyy for the wait. Like I can't even explain how guilty I feel. But I finally got this up and my writing bug finally awoken so writing shall be MUCH easier now without that dumb block. I hope you guys liked this update. It seems like years since I got back into character so hopefully it didn't seem off. But thank you, like really THANK YOU SO MUCH for waiting. I was really surprised when people actually commented when my hiatus was over o.O people actually read this fic. *drowns in tears* I will not let you down! Well off for more wedding planning :) I shall see you guys on the next update. Hwaiting!

~ Nini

*btw this mv killed*