CH 27 ~ An unexpected visit

I'm Trapped (Discontinued)

~Eunhyuk's POV~

 

Sitting in the awfully lit room with the scent of chemicals overtaking your sense of smell, you never thought there would be a day that you would be back here at the hospital. Except this time you weren’t the patient. A wave of Deja vu hit as the memories from your accident came rushing back, ____sitting beside your bed and now the roles have been switched. Taking a damp cloth you walked over and looked at her sleeping figure, looking at peace. Gently dabbing her face you wished her eyes would just open and look at you once more with those beautiful sparkling eyes of hers. With tears threatening to fall you quickly thought positive thoughts, you had to be strong for her when she wakes up. Resuming your position by her side you took her hand in yours and felt how cold it was. You started rubbing the back of her hand with the pad of your thumb and a sparkle that had reflected off caught your eye. The engagement ring that you had carefully picked out for her fitted perfectly and now shined on her finger. Pulling her hand up you lightly kissed her knuckles and imagined how her face would’ve looked like when she saw you on your knee asking to take her hand in marriage. That flush of red spreading across her soft cheeks and the bright smile that loses you every time you see it. “ Can you hear me? Even though you’re asleep, you still look beautiful as always. Me and Donghae are preparing these days for our upcoming concerts. I’m excited for you to see us perform again on stage. But to do that you have to be awake Jagi…so please wake up. Every morning I wake up to an empty bed and it feels really cold without your warmth beside me. Even though I have the members with me most of the time, I feel more alone than ever. I want to hear those 3 words from you again,” you stopped and tried to choke back your tears that were threatening to fall. “ I want to properly get down on my knee, take your delicate hand in mine and ask you to spend the rest of your life with me. Please…please wake up.” You heard the door open up and a hand clasped on your shoulder. “ Hyung…you’ve been like this for a week now. The doctor said she’s slowly recovering, she’ll be fine. Everything will be okay,” you heard your dongsaeng say. “ I lost her once. I can’t lose her again Kyuhyun-ah.” He rubbed your back affectionally. “ You won’t.” There was a moment of silence when the door whipped open and startled the both of you. Mai stood there with her hair tied up in a messy bun on the top of her head and she looked like she just ran a marathon judging by her heavy breaths. She gasped looking at her unconscious best friend on the bed and slowly made her way over. Mai took ____’s hand and tears started streaming down her face. You looked at Kyuhyun who stared at her not knowing if he should comfort her or not, so instead he stood there biting his lip and watched her. “ I…got the phone call yesterday from…Donghae Oppa….and rushed over here as fast as I can….I can’t believe something like this happened,” she said in between her sobs. She slowly composed herself and wiped away her tears. “ How long has it been?,” she asked. “ A week,” Kyuhyun answered before you could open your mouth. She took one look at him and her expression was as if this was the first time she had met him. “ Ah…I see. Did the doctor say when she was going to wake up?” You cleared your throat, “ He said usually in cases like this it was a miracle that she even managed to survive it,” taking a deep breath you continued, “ but it’s not for certain if she will wake up or not. There’s a small percentage that she will but even if she does there’s a big chance that her memory might be….” “ Lost…,” Kyuhyun finished for you with a whisper. Mai looked back at her friend and noticed the ring on her hand. “ Oppa you…” You nodded your head slightly. Mai walked over to you and wrapped her arms around your shoulders. “ I’m so sorry. This must be so hard for you.” You patted her back, “ It’s okay. I’ll always be by her side.” “ Don’t worry, I know she’s a fighter. She won’t give up, she will wake up and see her loved ones.” You gave a weak smile at her reassurance. “ Oppa. Go get some rest. I’ll stay here with her , you look like you’re going to past out any second.” You wanted to decline her offer but knew that your body was exhausted from the concert preparations and on top of that not getting sleep from staying at the hospital as much as you can. “ Ne. Kahsahminda. Call me if anything happens okay?” You got up from your seat and bent down to place a light kiss on ____’s forehead before turning to leave. Kyuhyun stood there hesitating, deciding if he should stay or not but eventually followed you leaving Mai alone in the room. After closing the door shut you both made your way out and went back to the dorms. “ I’m assuming you guys didn’t talk about what happened on Christmas?” you asked the quiet Maknae beside you. He looked out the window and let out a long sigh. “ There’s not really anything to talk about.” You shook your head at the stubborn boy. “ Kyuhyun-ah. You like her. Just admit it.” His face turned red and he pulled the strings on his hood to shield his face. “ Aniii.” “ Listen to me. Life is too short to miss out on opportunities Kyuhyun-ah. When something is given to you, take it when you have the chance because you might regret it down the road. It’s the same thing when it comes to love. Would you rather walk away knowing you tried your hardest to chase after the one you love or regret and wish that you could’ve done something when you had the chance to?” He didn’t give a response and you took his silence as an agreement. The rest of the car ride was rather quiet and finally you arrived at the dorm. Opening the front door, the only thing you wanted to do was just go to your room and past out but your plan was terminated when you walked in to see ______’s parents sitting there across from your hyungs. Kangin spotted you and motioned you to come over. “ Annyeonghaseyo,” you greeted them with a bow and Kyuhyun followed suit. “ Ahh Hyukjae, it has been too long since we’ve last seen you,” her father said shaking your hand. “ You’ve gotten more handsome,” her mother said holding your face in between her hands. You smiled and thanked her for the compliment. Ryeowook came out to serve some tea and retreated along with the other members to give you some privacy. 

 

“ So we have something that we thought we should discuss with you before we go through with our plans,” her dad said taking a sip from his cup. You suddenly felt nervous because you haven’t seen her parents since the first couple months you started dating her and now they’re back because of the situation that she was in. “ The doctor has called us and informed us that they have done everything they could to help her head injury from becoming even more severe. The only thing that we can all do is wait and hope for her to wake up. But even with that slight chance of her gaining conscious she might lose part of her memory,” her dad telling you everything that you already knew. “ Knowing that her mother and I talked about what would happen for when she does wake up. She’s going to need therapy to slowly regain to her memory back and also get the best medical treatment there is in case something triggers.” You nodded trying to understand where they were going with this. “ We only want the best for her and the best solution to that is to bring her back home.” You sat there and tried to figure out if you heard right. “ H-home?” “ We’re going to take her back to Canada.”

 

                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After ____’s parents dropped the bomb on you, you sat there speechless and felt as if time slowed down completely. You tried reasoning with them and convince them that Korea has one of the best doctors here that could help her if anything does happen. But seeing her parents so heart broken and worried over their daughter made you feel guilty for wanting to keep her here with you. With a heavy heart you agreed to let her go but asked if you could at least spend the rest of the week with her before they depart. Now you’re on your way to the hospital first thing in the morning, trying to make every last second count now that there’s a time crunch. Entering her room you saw Mai sitting there and walked over to find that she’s asleep. Gently you shook her and her eyes slowly fluttered open and she let out a yawn. “ Oh you’re here oppa.” “ How is she doing?” you asked looking at ____ who was still sleeping peacefully. “ Nothing has changed, everything is still stable and okay,” Mai said. “ Her parents stopped by to visit her and I don’t know how to break the news to you but-“ You cut her off, “ I know. They came to see me,” you said. “ Oh..I see. Don’t be sad Oppa, they’re just looking out for her. Plus when she wakes up she’ll be back here and by your side in no time. It’s not like she’s going to be gone forever right?” You let out a sigh and smiled. “ Right. I have to think positive. And I’ll try and come visit as much as possible when our concerts are finished. Make sure you watch over her for me.” Mai gave you a thumbs up. “ Now that you’re here, I’m just going to go freshen up a bit. I’ll be back Oppa,” she said and stood up stretching her arms. She grabbed her bag and turned to leave as you replaced her spot beside ______. “ Yuhan Oppa?!” you heard her exclaimed. You looked over and saw a tall figure standing there holding a bouquet of flowers. “ Oh? didn’t know you came back here,” the male voice said. “ Of course I would be here,” Mai said and let the man in. Getting a better look at him you saw that he was quite tall and reminded you of Siwon with his handsome features. “ Annyeonghaseyo,” he said greeting you. You greeted him back. You watched as he placed the flowers on the side table and leaned over to kiss _____’s cheek. You stared, eyeing him after he kissed her and wondered how they knew each other. “ Yuhan Oppa this is Eunhyuk Oppa. And Eunhyuk Oppa this is Yuhan Oppa who is our friend back in Canada,” Mai introduced you guys to each other. “ Nice to meet you,” he said with his hand out. “ Same goes for you,” you said taking his hand and shaking it. “ You seem close to her,” you said without thinking. Yuhan chuckled. “ You can say that. We have quite a history together.” You raised an eyebrow. “ Oh?” “ We grew up together since our families are really close friends,” he answered. You quietly let out a breath of relief. So they were only close as family. “ Oppa, you left out the part where you guys dated at the end of high school and through collage before ____ decided to move back to Korea.” Yuhan rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. “ We don’t have to mention the past,” he said with a hint of sadness in his voice. So Yuhan is _____’s ex. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


It has been tooooo long. I'm so sorry that this chapter was kind of dry but this brings up more drama in the plot now. _____ is going back to Canada, and now suddenly her ex who was also her childhood friend randomly shows up. * Cue dramatic music* I'll try my best to update as soon as possible and the next chapter will be much more packed. So try and stick with me! School has been pretty stressful these days and so I don't have enough time to write with all this work load T_T But don't worry I'll still get it done somehow. Thank you for those who commented and new subscribers! <3 Love you all. Reading your feedback really makes my day. Hope you all have a wonderful day! :) and until next time

~ Nini

PS. HAVE YOU GUYS HEAD ABOUT EUNHAE'S ALBUM?!?!? RIDE ME.....RIDE ME.....O_O OMG I AM GOING TO DIE. *SOMEONE FAN ME QUICK* I'm so excited for this like I can't even express it. 

PEACEEE