CH 30 ~ Valentine's Day

I'm Trapped (Discontinued)

 

It has only been 2 days and you were already warming up to Eunhyuk a lot. You feed off of him and just having his presence around makes you happy. Yuhan would come and join you occasionally but he’s been awfully busy these days and hardly dropped by as much recently. As soon as you opened your eyes this morning you just knew that it was just going to be a wonderful day. Walking over to the calendar that you have hung up on your wall you eyed the big red heart that you drew around today’s date: February 14. Even though you were going to be alone on Valentine’s Day once again the holiday just makes your heart flutter and puts you in a super good mood. You got dressed and did your makeup before making you way downstairs for breakfast. Walking into the kitchen you spotted a huge vase of flowers that over took the dining table and walked over to inspect it. You inhaled the smell of the flowers and admired at how pretty they looked. Your dad once again out do himself once again this year. Reading off the small card that was stuck between the flowers, “ Happy Valentine’s my love. Don’t forget, our love is eternal”, you smiled knowing how happy he made your mom. You parents had such a loving relationship, something that you looked up and hoped to have one day with your significant other. Suddenly you thought of Eunhyuk and wondered why you haven’t run into him yet considering how he was always the first one to greet you in the morning. Your mom entered with a huge grin on her face as she practically danced to your side. “ Wow someone looks a little love sick,” you . She lightly smacked your arm and looked back at the vase of flowers. “It’s amazing how every year he still makes my heart skip a beat with these gestures” You rolled your eyes teasingly but inside you were happy for her. The doorbell went off and you excused yourself to go get it. Opening the door the first thing that came face to face with you was a bouquet of yellow roses. “ Special delivery for Miss ____?,” the man said. “ That’s me,” you said as he handed them over to you. “ Have a wonderful Valentine’s day miss,” he said with a smile and scurried off. You closed the door and brought the flowers in. “ Oh my! Who gave you those?,” you mother asked. You looked to see if there was a card and saw one attached to the ribbon on the stems. Setting the flowers down carefully you opened the card and read its content. “ Happy Valentine’s day beautiful. Don’t forget to smile and try to not get in trouble. Your Oppa, Yuhan” You smiled and put the card down so that you can look at the flowers more closely. You’ve always had an interest in roses and that was one of the reasons why you loved Valentine’s day so much because giving someone roses can mean so many different things based on the colour and the amount. The yellow roses represented friendship and there were 11 so that means the one who is the most important in your life. You took this as a message that Yuhan was trying to convey to you since he knew your interest in the flower. You loved him once in your life and you still do but now more so as an Oppa than as a lover. You know Yuhan still loves you but he has accepted the fact that things can’t go back to how they were before. Gratefully nothing has changed between the two of you and if not you’re closer than ever if that was even possible. “ Ahh it must be from our Yuhan judging by that smile of yours,” your mom said. “ Mom have you seen Eunhyuk anywhere? I didn’t see him earlier,” you asked changing the subject. “ He left early this morning saying he had some errands to do but didn’t say what though,” your mom answered. You wondered where he could’ve gone alone in a foreign country, hopefully he didn’t get lost. “ Now let’s get some breakfast in you,” your mom said bringing over plates of food. You your lips, it’s going to be a great day, you just know it.


His POV
You woke up early this morning and quickly got ready for the big day that was ahead of you. Quietly but swiftly you ran downstairs, grabbing some breakfast and greeted _____’s mom before making your way out the door. Taking out your phone you pulled up the address that Yuhan have given you the night before and called a cab to come take you. 

 

A couple hours later you walked out of the department store both hands holding onto all the bags with the stuff you’ve purchased and checked your watch for the time. It was almost noon and you felt your phone go off in your back pocket. “ Yeoboseyo?” “ Hey, it’s Yuhan. Did you get everything planned out?” “ Yeah just finished actually.” “ Great. Where are you? I’ll come pick you up.” You told Yuhan your location and plopped yourself on a nearby bench to rest, putting all the bags beside you. It’s weird to think that your girlfriend’s ex lover is actually helping you out with your plans, you thought they were going to rekindle their relationship or something. But from what you’ve heard from Yuhan he didn’t have any intention of doing so and _____ made it clear that she has also moved on. A part of you wished she would just remember you already but you know that it’s going to take some time for that to happen. Shortly after you saw a car pull up in front of you and Yuhan getting out of the driver’s side. “ Hey! Here let me help you put those in the trunk,” he said grabbing some of your bags. You helped him carry the rest and stuff them in his trunk before getting into the car. The warmth welcomed you and slowly started defrosting your cold body. “ Kahsamnida for the ride,” you thanked Yuhan as he got into the car. “ No problem. I was on my way over to ____’s house anyways.” The car ride wasn’t as awkward as you thought it would be. He was a good converser and would ask you questions about Super Junior or what you liked to do during your free time. Before you knew it he was pulling into the driveway already. “ Hey Yuhan, may I ask a favour from you?” you asked him before he could get out of the car. “ Uh..sure what is it?” “ Do you think you can get ____ out of the house for the day? I need the house empty to be able to prepare for everything tonight. Of course it’s going to be a surprise for her.” “ No problem. This will be easy. That girl is so easy to distract.” Yuhan went into the house first as you retrieved your items from his trunk. Walking in you can hear them talking from the living room and quietly made your way upstairs and into your room. Weird, you don’t remember leaving your lock on your bed you thought as you picked it up and put it back on the side dresser. Looking at your suitcase you saw that it looked like it has been moved from where you positioned it last. Maybe _____ mom’s had to get something from in here you thought, and went back to hiding your bags in the closet. 

 

Her POV
Back in your room you were laying on your bed flipping through the channels when your mind started wandering to Eunhyuk. He hasn’t called or messaged or anything all morning, you were starting to get worried. Getting up you walked over to his room and hesitated deciding if you should go in or not and decided to. Flicking on the lights you saw that he had his clothes folded neatly in piles by his suitcase and everything that was placed on the side table was organized neatly. Walking over to his bed you kicked his suitcase by accident and felt the shock of pain shoot up your leg as you cursed yourself for not being careful. You bent down to move it back in it’s place when you suddenly had a flashback. You were crying with a suitcase walking down an empty street. You froze not knowing if you had just imagined it or if it had actually happen. Standing up shakily you made your way over to his bed and sat on it for support. You noticed he even folded his blankets up, which is something that you still don’t do after all these years. You picked up his lock and was alternating it between your hands when it accidentally slipped and fell to the ground. You went to go pick it up when your mind flashed white and a memory was replaced. 
Rows of locks, cable car, Namsan tower, notes, the elevator, everything was flashing through in a blur. You held onto your head and remembered getting a note that day. Eunhyuk waiting at the very top as you opened the door onto the deck. You picked up the lock and threw it on his bed before running back into your room and throwing yourself back on the bed. Stuffing your face into your pillow you tried to pace your breathing as you pieced together everything that you’ve remembered. There were still big gaps in between but you’ve remembered more than you have when you woke up with nothing. You heard your mom shout her goodbye from downstairs and left leaving you home alone with your thoughts. 


Sitting in the living room you heard the front door open and Yuhan came strolling in looking cheerful as always. “ Happy Valentine’s day!,” he said with his arms thrown out. “ Happy Valentine’s day to you too oppa,” you said smiling. “ Did you like the flowers I got you?” You nodded. “ They’re beautiful, thank you so much. But I didn’t get anything for you” A mischievous grin spread across his face, “ But there is something that you can do instead to make up for it.” “ What….is it?” you asked assuming the worst scenario possible. “ Spend the day with me,” he said with a wink. You mentally let out a sigh. “ That’s it? That I can do. Just let me grab my bag.” You ran up to your room and grabbed everything you needed when you almost ran into Eunhyuk who was leaving his room at the same time. “ Eunhyuk-sshi!” “ Ah _____ didn’t see you there sorry.” “ It’s fine.” There was an awkward silence that passed between the two of you as no one said anything. “ Oh, Happy Valentine’s day!” you spitted out. Wow that was so lame you thought to yourself. He smiled at you, “ Happy Valentine’s day.” You were somewhat expecting that he would be doing something special since he was your “boyfriend” and you couldn’t help but admit that you were looking forward to whatever he was going to do. The fact that he didn’t mention anything kind of made you disappointed. “ Well I should get going, Yuhan oppa is waiting,” you said. “ Okay. Have fun!” He didn’t say anything more and just walked downstairs. You followed him feeling your expression dropping my the second but managed to fake a smile before anyone could notice. “ Okay let’s go,” Yuhan said. You got into his car and sat there pressing your forehead against the window feeling the cold glass. “ Why so upset? You were still fine in the living room,” Yuhan said. “ I’m fine. It’s nothing.” He didn’t press on the issue further and changed the topic instead. “ So what are your plans for tonight?” “ I thought we were going to spend the day togethert?” you asked confused. “ Yes but I have some plans for tonight so I can’t stay over.” “ oooooo are you spending it with some lucky lady?,” you . “ I wish..Just me and some buddies.” “ Sounds better than what I was planning. Me and some ice cream. My parents are out all night.” Yuhan looked at you and started laughing. “ YAH! What’s so funny!?! It’s depressing okay.” “ Don’t worry. You’re going to have a great night,” he said keeping his eye on the road. “ I doubt it,” you said with a huff.


His POV
By the time you had set everything up the sun was already setting and you rushed to get yourself ready. Checking yourself out in the mirror you straightened your bow tie and smoothed down the jacket of your tux making sure nothing was creased. With a few minor fixes your hair was perfect and you were now ready to head out. Grabbing the box from the dresser you stuffed it in the inside pocket of your jacket and grabbed the roses on your way out. Walking down the stairs you double checked everything and smiled at your own work before making your way to the restaurant. You were feeling nervous because this was the last chance for you to do anything special for her before you headed back to Korea. But this time things will go the way it was supposed to, and you’ll make sure of it second time around. I’ll be waiting for you, you thought looking out into the streets. 

 

Her POV
Waving goodbye to Yuhan you tried to walk properly to your front step without wiping out on the ice. Your face hurt so much from laughing the whole day and you swear that you have abs now from it. He took you ice skating which did not work out because you were the clumsiest person to walk to this planet and you could hardly walk on pavement with normal shoes on properly. Even though you fell more than the actual skating part it was a fun experience. The hot chocolate that he got you afterwards made up for your probably bruised tailbone. Finally getting the key in you opened the door and closed it before going to take off your shoes. Your actions were halted when you noticed the trail of lights heading down your hallway. Cautiously you followed the path and saw that it was littered with rose petals and the lights were actually candles in tiny crystal bowls. They stopped and lead up to your staircase but you noticed there was something placed on the first step. You bent down and picked up three red roses. A note was attached,

3 roses representing the number of years that we’ve shared together in happiness.

You were speechless as you read the note over and over again. Slowly you climbed up the stairs and once was halted as you spotted another note beside 4 roses.

“ 4 roses representing the number of letters in the word love. Which is something that we share and forever will.”

Finally the path lead you to your bedroom and you took a deep breath before pushing the door open. On your bed was a beautiful red satin dress with a sweetheart neck line with a peplum skirt that looked sweet yet sophisticated at the same time. Beside it was a pair of diamond chandelier earrings and a pair of heels to match the dress. You spotted one rose and of course another note to go along with it,

“ 1 rose…represents one and the only one for me…is you. I said I will be waiting for you and I will keep my promise. Go to this address, I can’t wait to see you.”

Your eyes watered and you felt a tear slide down your cheek as you finished reading his note. You thought he wasn’t planning anything for you and that maybe he has given up because you didn’t remember him anymore. Quickly wiping your face you grabbed the dress and went to go change into it trying to get ready as fast as possible so you can see Eunhyuk faster. Finally putting on the earrings at your vanity you noticed there were 4 more roses placed there with a simple note, “ 1,4,3 ~" You didn’t understand at first what it meant until it finally hit you. I love you. Grabbing your clutch and heels, you gathered all 12 roses together and walked downstairs. Fastening your heels while trying to fill up a vase, you put all the roses into it and placed it beside the flowers that Yuhan gave you. You got into your car and punched the address into the navigation and pulled out, making your way to Eunhyuk. 

 

Finally arriving you parked your car and quickly got out making your way to the entrance. Before you reached the door you heard a loud screech of the tires and saw a car on the road spun out of control. “ WATCH OUT!!!!” A lady was crossing the street at that moment and a man who was nearby jumped out and pulled her out of the way before the car hit her. You covered your mouth muffling a scream as you stared wide eyed at the scene in front of you. Suddenly everything became crystal clear. All your memories from the past came rushing back in like a flood: The park, Namsan Tower, You leaving Eunhyuk, Mr Kim, Krystal, Christmas, Eunhyuk’s text, seeing him wait for you across the road waving with a smile on his face, then that burst of light as you crossed the street making your way towards him. You remember….you remember it all. You can hear someone talking to you and you snapped out noticing that you were crouched down with your hands over your ears. “ Are you okay miss?” a man asked you. “ Yeah…I’m fine,” you said standing up. You fixed yourself and gave yourself some time to be composed before entering the restaurant. Walking in you told the waiter Eunhyuk’s name and he beckoned you to follow him upstairs. He lead you to a door and bowed before retreating back downstairs leaving you standing there. Slowly you reached for the handle and opened the door. It was pitch dark and your eyes were starting to adjust to the darkness when you heard a snap of a finger and the room lit up. Millions of small twinkle lights popped up from around the whole restaurant and gave off the impression of stars as they glistered and shined off of another. But what took your breath away was the roses. Hundreds upon hundreds of roses were laid out everywhere as far as your eyes could see. A small path was left uncleared that lead up to a standing figure who had their back faced to you. Your heart was pounding against your rib cage as you watched him turn around. The lights brought out his sparkling eyes and the shadows contoured his face nicely making him look even more handsome than he already is. The tux fitted his slender figure nicely and the mussed hair that you desperately want to run your fingers through. He gave you a shy smile and started making his way to you. You also stepped forward and met him halfway staring into his eyes. “ This,” he said giving you a single rose, “ Makes a total of 999 roses.” You gasped. 999 roses. “ Eternal love,” you whispered. He smiled. Holding out his hand, you placed yours in his and he led you down the path and to the table that was set up beautifully. He pulled out your chair for you before taking his seat across from you. “ Happy Valentine’s day ____ah” You blushed feeling his gaze on you. “ Happy Valentine’s day” He reached across the table and held onto your hand. “ You look absolutely breath taking.” You thanked him and returned the compliment. “ How long have you been planning this?” you asked him. “ For awhile, I wanted to do something special with you for today.” You could feel the old feeling of butterflies fluttering in your stomach as he continued staring at you. Thankfully it was interrupted when the waiter came in to take your order. 

The food was delicious and the night view below when you look out the window was just amazing. You and Eunhyuk talked about everything, it was nice having such a casual conversation with him again without any awkwardness. Your plates were being taken away and you assumed that it was all that he had planned for tonight when he suddenly stood up from the table. 

 

His POV
You walked over and stuck out your hand. “ Would you care to dance?” you asked. You saw the look of surprise on her face but it was quickly replaced with a flushed expression. “ I would love to,” you replied placing her hand in yours. You lead her over to the empty space and waited for the music. Once it started you lead her as she followed your steps and the two of you moved fluidly like two perfect puzzle pieces fitting perfectly together. You spun her and she giggled as she twirled around getting lost in the moment. You slowly dipped her down and she stared into your eyes not breaking the contact as you pulled her back up. You could feel that familiar feeling of yearning and lust pass between the two of you which told you that now is the right time. You saw her head in confusion as you dropped your hand that was on her waist and stepped away from her. Even though you were nervous and could feel your heartbeat in your ear, this was the moment that you’ve been waiting for. You are finally able to fulfill that wish. Bending down onto one knee you retrieved the small box from the inside of your jacket and opened it up. Looking up you saw her stunned expression as she covered with her hands but still kept the eye contact with you. “_____ah….I know that you don’t remember me and that we’ve been through so much already. But I want to continue taking care of you for the rest of my life. Making you happy and seeing your smile is what keeps me going everyday. I want to be the one you lean on when you need help and feel secure with. I want to be the first one you see when you wake up and the last before you fall asleep. I want to make you mine. ______ah, would you marry me?” There you said it. As soon as those words escaped your lips it was as if a huge set of weights were lifted off your shoulders. She looked at you for a good torturous minute without saying anything before her lips turned into a huge smile. “ I will always be in the crowd cheering for my one and only Oppa. Saranghae, forever and always,” she whispered. Your jaw dropped at the familiar line. “ You remember?” you asked her quietly. “ Two both questions..yes” she said smiling. You stood up ecstatic and pulled her in, against your chest. “ _____ah! You remember! You remember who I am? Do you remember everything? Why didn’t you tell me?” you asked her. “ Yes I remember you. I remember everything. It literally all came back to me when I got here.” You pulled away and looked down at her. “ This is real right? You aren’t pretending.” She grabbed the back of your neck and pulled you down to press her lips against yours. You melted into the kiss, pulling her closer by the waist, missing the taste of her lips. When she pulled away she caressed your cheek and looked up at you lovingly. “ I’m not pretending. I remember you Oppa” You couldn’t help but break out into a huge grin. You took the ring out of the box and held her hand up. She watched as you slid the ring onto her slender finger and kissed the back of her hand lightly. “ You have no idea how many times I’ve dreamed and thought about your response,” you said. “ I love you…” you told her. “ Forever and always,” she added. You bent down and once again claiming her lips. You couldn’t describe the feeling that you felt but you knew one thing was for sure: She was now yours. 

 

 

 

 

 


Biggiest apologies since I wasn't able to actually post this chapter up in time for Valentine's Day, but I still hope you enjoy this chapter :) It actually wasn't planned to be this long because I was going to add the Mai/Kyuhyun side story in as well but I got so into it that it kinda just turned out this way. Either way lots of fluff and cuteness and AHHHHH <3 I don't know when the next update will be up because school has been soooooooo stressful lately but I promise that when I have a break, I will be back on track once again. Thank you to the new subscribers!!! and of course the lovely people who have stuck with this story until now. 

Ps. I'm proof reading this at 3 am...so if there are any mistakes or errors don't be shy to point it out

Pss. I made the collage...it's one of my pass time activities. Finding pictures that go perfectly together and setting up the mood of it based on whatever it is that I'm making. I enjoy creating them aha :3

~ Until next time!!!

Nini