CH 29 ~ Canada

I'm Trapped (Discontinued)

 

Walking over to your full length mirror you smoothed down the creases of your jacket and made sure everything was perfect, without a single piece of lint in sight. You grabbed your phone off your bedside table and stuffed it into your bag before swinging the strap over your shoulder. You heard a small thud and the sound of something rolling on your hardwood floor. The ring came into your sight and you stood there staring at it as it spun before falling with a small click.

 

“ …w-what do you mean?” Yuhan looked at you forcing a smile on his face while holding up your hand. “ You have a wonderful man who is in love with you and you also love him as much back.” Sitting there dumbfounded you suddenly felt like as if the ring was burning into your flesh. You ripped it off your finger and shoved it at him. “ I don’t know what you’re talking about. Just take this.” “ _____ah, Eunhyuk-sshi gave you that ring. I can’t take it from you.” “ Eunhyuk?” Yuhan nodded. The name didn’t ring any bells or trigger any memories for you, yet oddly enough it sounded awfully familiar. “ Is that his real name? Who names their kid silver.” Yuhan chuckled slightly. “ That’s his stage name. His real name is Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae” Suddenly your mind flashed blank as you remembered that strange boy who saved you in your dream. His kind gummy smile was the last memory you had of him before he vanished. “ Why does he have a stage name? Is he a singer or something?” “ _____ah..I know you probably have a lot of questions but let’s wait until you’re out of the hospital first okay? I promise that I’ll tell you everything. But for now please rest.”

 

That was the end of that discussion. When you were discharged from the hospital and was brought home, being in the familiar environment again made you forget all about this Eunhyuk fellow. Until a couple nights ago when you were unpacking your suitcase to stumble upon a photo album. Flipping through the pages you saw one picture after another of you and this handsome man. You thought he looked familiar but you couldn’t quite put your finger on it. There were also other pictures of you and a group of other men and wondered what their relationship was together. Finally you decided that you were ready for some answers and gain some of your memory back. Bending down you picked up the delicate ring between your fingers and opened your jewellery box setting it carefully in. It didn’t feel right wearing a ring that was given to you by someone who you don’t even remember. You were relieved to find out that you weren’t married yet but the thought of being engaged to a stranger was unsettling. 

 

“ ______? YUHAN IS HERE,” your mother shouted from downstairs. “ NE~” you doubled checked yourself once more in the mirror before making your way downstairs. Entering the hallway you saw Yuhan talking to your mother who was laughing cheerfully and smiled at how happy she looks. “ There she is,” your mother exclaimed pulling you into a hug and kissed your cheek swiftly. “ You look beautiful as always,” Yuhan complimented, which caused your cheeks to flush. “ ah thank you. You look good as well,” you said before taking in what you just said and blushed darker. He chuckled quietly, “ Ready?” you nodded. “ Have a wonderful day you two. Have fun and don’t worry about coming back early,” you mom said ushering the both of you out the door. “ Okay we’re leaving. Bye mom,” you said. Yuhan said his goodbye and lead you to his car opening the door for you to get in. Shortly you were joined in the car and he pulled out of the driveway. “ So where are you taking me today Oppa?,” you asked. “ This nice little cafe that I always go to during my lunch breaks. You’ll love it.” You the radio and switched to your favourite Korean radio station. "Sum-i chage dallyeowa meotjige kkeutnaen Geudae Have a good time, oneulmankeum Party time". The song was catchy and you started bobbing your head along to the music. Yuhan kept sneaking glances at you out of the corner of his eye. “ Do you know who sings this?” You shook your head. “ They’re called Super Junior. Super popular in Korea and internationally.” “ Ahhhh….I should look them up, I like this song,” you mentally made a note for yourself. Yuhan didn’t say anything else and continued driving. Finally you arrived at the cafe and you observed the run down building but had a welcoming presence to it. The interior was cozy and the smell of fresh baked goods made your mouth water. “ Go and grab a seat, I’ll take our order.” You picked a seat that was next to the big fireplace and held your hands out to warm them up from the cold weather. Near you was a waiter cleaning up a table and watching her you suddenly had a flashback. You rubbed your temples and thought about the image that you’ve seen: It looked like the inside of another cafe and a really friendly older lady talking to you. Letting out a frustrated sigh you sunk in your seat hating how you don’t remember anything. Yuhan came back with your food and set down a mug of hot chocolate and a sandwich for you. His smile faltered when he saw your stressed expression. “ What’s wrong? Are you feeling okay?” “ Yeah it’s fine. I just had this weird flash of memory but I don’t remember it” you grabbed your mug and took a sip of the sweet chocolate. “ Don’t force yourself too much. It’ll eventually come back.” 

 

For the next 15 minutes you two ate and talked about everything, touching on the past that you’ve shared as childhood friends. “ Remember when you tried climbing that tree when the baby birds were hatching? You were too short to even reach the branch” You laughed remembering that day, “ You tried lifting me up but we both ended up falling. My whole leg was scratched from rubbing on the tree.” “ Then we had to hide it from your mom and sneak into the house but ended up getting caught.” “ Boy was she mad. But you took all the blame for me though. My mom can’t ever stay mad at you.” Yuhan laughed. “ Of course I would cover up for you. It was my fault for not catching you in the first place.” Taking another sip of your drink you looked into the fire that was flickering in the fireplace. “ You’re always taking the blame and stop me when I’m making stupid decisions.” He paused and hesitated before whispering, “ I didn’t stop you from leaving Canada…” But you heard him loud and clear. “Oppa…What happened between us?” you asked. Yuhan took a huge breath. “ We confessed our feelings for each other on our high school graduation day and started officially dating that summer going into Collage.” “ Our relationship was the best thing that ever has happened to me. I could finally call you mine and I made sure to not let anything change between us. But after your program ended you wanted to return to Korea and look for a job.” You looked at him. “ And you just let me go…just like that?” “ I wanted to stop you, beg for you to stay here. But we both know that once you have your mind set on something you won’t change it. What I wanted was the best for you. I couldn’t stop you from doing what you wanted.” “ So even after I left you didn’t come to look for me?” you asked. “ We kept in touch for awhile when you first moved there…that is until you met him. Then we slowly drifted apart and I didn’t want to be a bother to you.” Your face dropped and your brows crinkled together as you tried to remember anything from what he had just told you. You couldn’t imagine your life without Yuhan in any situation, so that thought that you lost contact with him for years worried you. “ Oppa,” you said firmly looking straight at him. “ I need you to tell me everything.” 

 

His POV
We have arrived in Toronto, the local time is 6:00 pm and the weather is slight flurries with the temperature of -10 degrees. Please remain seated until the seatbelt sign is turned off.” You looked at the small window and looked at the white vast below you. Finally the plane stopped and you grabbed your bag from the compartment and made your way out. Pulling your cap down more you walked swiftly through security and before you know it you were out the gate and into the unfamiliar airport. Paranoid that people were going to notice, you walked outside and felt the cold Canadian air nip at your face as you flag down a cab. “ To this address please” you said in broken english to the cab driver. He nodded and off you went. Leaning back and closing your eyes you took deep breaths as you tried to rest after that long plane ride. You made the choice to go to Canada in a split second and luckily your manager said that you have a couple days off before your promotions started. A couple days were enough, you just wanted to see her face again. The members were hesitant to let you go after what you told them but in the end they all supported your decision. You haven’t thought about what you were going to say or do when you see her again, all you care about for now is just seeing her awake and healthy. You thought back to the phone call with Mai where you practically had to beg her for _____’s address. “ Oppa that’s not a really good idea. We can’t get her too stressed and force her to remember you.” “ I’m not going to force her. I just want to see her Mai, I want to see her awake and healthy. Just please let me have that.” After a lot of begging Mai finally gave in and in that same day you booked your flight right away. After what seemed like years you finally pulled into a quiet neighbourhood and stopped in front of this cozy looking house. You paid the driver and thanked him before making your way up the path. You’ve never been to her house and seeing it now you were intrigued to see the home that she grew up in. Mustering up your courage you knocked on the door. The door opened a few seconds later and you held in your breath expecting _____ to be standing there but came face to face with her mom instead. “ Hyukjae? Oh come in come in! You must be cold,” she said pulling you into the house. The aroma of food filled your nose and your stomach was growling from hunger. “ Why are you here?,” her mom asked you taking your coat off and hanging it up. “ I heard that _____ woke up so I wanted to come and visit her.” She looked at you with worried eyes. “ Hyukjae you know that she…” “ Yeah I know,” you said. “ I’m sorry. That’s why we didn’t call. We didn’t know what to tell you,” her mother said softly while holding your hands. “ It’s fine. She’s awake and okay now. That’s all that matters.” She squeezed your hands and gave you a warm smile. “ You can drop your stuff off in our guest room and come down for dinner. _____ is out right now and her dad is at work. It’ll be nice to have some company.” You were somewhat relieved but disappointed at the same time hearing that _____ wasn’t home. Deciding not to ask where she was you walked upstairs and dropped your stuff off in the room that her mother directed you to. Quickly changing into comfy clothes you made your way downstairs. Dinner was delicious as you missed the taste of a home cook meal and made sure to eat everything that was given to you. Helping her mother clean up you were just finished drying everything off when you heard the front door open. “ UMMA WE’RE HOME,” you heard the familiar voice shout out. It caused your heart to accelerate and the feeling of butterflies filled your stomach. “ How was your day?” you heard her mother ask. “ It was nice but little piggy here kept eating,” you heard Yuhan’s voice reply. “ Hey! You stole my food every time I did eat so I’m not a piggy.” You stood there frozen not sure what to do so you slowly creeped your way to the living room where everyone was situated at. “ ____ we have a guest here with us. He’s going to be staying here for awhile.” You took that as your cue and slowly stepped in the doorway. Your eyes found hers right away as she looked at you. Those eyes that you’ve missed so much and begged to be able to look into them again. Her cheeks were painted pink from the cold and her hair framing her delicate beautiful face. “ Annyeong,” you greeted. Yuhan nodded his head at you but _____ still haven’t said anything. “ This is Hyukjae-Eunhyuk,” her mom said. ____ cleared and stood up from the couch. “ Hi, nice to meet you!” she said with a smile putting her hand out. It hurt you that she was treating you as a stranger. You hoped that maybe when she saw your face again that she would remember something, anything, but clearly it didn’t. You shook her hand and that familiar burst of electricity flowed between the two of you when your hands touched. You knew she felt it too when she pulled her hand back a little too quickly and held onto it. “ I’m just going to go change,” she excused herself and left. The room went quiet as we all looked at where she disappeared off to. “ Well I should be heading home, tell ____ that I’ll call her later,” Yuhan said standing up. He said goodbye to you and got walked out by ____’s mother. You dragged yourself upstairs and looked at the closed door to her bedroom wondering what she was thinking at the moment. Entering your own room you sat on the bed and put your head in your hands. Why is life so unfair.

 

Her POV
You ran up to your room and closed the door gasping for air. You looked at the hand that you used to shake his hand. What was the feeling that you just felt. He was someone whom you’ve never met before but looking at him there was that sense of familiarity and that touch had to mean something. A few hours prior Yuhan told you everything that has happened since you left Canada and you were still trying to take it all in. But the only thing that stood out was the fact that you were in a relationship with a famous Kpop idol who was currently standing in your living room downstairs. You stripped off your coat and threw your bag on your bed before going to the washroom to wash your face. Dressed in a pair of comfy sweat pants and an oversized sweater you got a text from Yuhan saying that he went home already and that he will call you later. Falling face first onto your bed you laid there and hugged your pillow trying to think over everything. Will you ever be able to regain your memories? You liked how it is now with Yuhan and you haven’t considered moving back to Korea at all. But your mind would wander back to that man. It was unfair that you don’t remember him at all and from what you’ve been told, you were together for 3 years. You couldn’t even imagine what it would be like to have someone you love not remember you at all. You sat up and walked over to your jewellery box. Taking out the ring you held it in your palm and with much thought made your decision. Walking out you passed the dark guest room and saw him sitting there with his head in his hands looking stressed. You cautiously stepped into the room and flicked on the lights causing him to flinch and look up. “ Sorry…I didn’t mean to intrude.” “ It’s fine..” The air was filled with tension and it felt suffocating to you. Taking a huge breath you walked over and held out the ring. He looked at it and back to you, confusion written across his face. “ I wanted to return this back to you. I don’t think I believe I deserve to wear this.” “ But it’s yours. I gave it to you.” “ I know…but I wouldn’t be able to wear it…I don’t remember anything about us. I don’t want to belong to someone without knowing about them first,” putting the ring into his palm. He stood up which caused you to step back a bit. “ I know you don’t remember me but please don’t give up on us. You mean the world to me and we’ve been through so much, we can not give up now. We have to get past this.” “ But what if I don’t ever regain my memories?” you said softly. “ I don’t care if I have to wait a month, a year, or even a decade. I will wait until the day you remember me again. And with every step of the way I’ll be by your side,” he said looking at you. Those brown eyes were warming up to you and your eyes trailed along his sharp jawline and down to his soft lips. How can you not remember someone with such special and distinctive features. “ _____ah?” You looked back into his eyes. “ For me…for this relationship…for our future….try and remember.” You instinctively reached up and caressed his cheek. He looked a little taken back by your action but when you went to pull away he held on your hand in place with his. “ I’ll try,” you told him. He gave you a smile and another flash of deja vu hit you as you remembered that familiar grin. “ Thank you,” he said pulling you in for a gentle hug. Your nose was buried into his sweater and you inhaled his scent. His embrace was comforting and it felt like coming back to your home again. He pulled away and squeezed your shoulders before letting you go. “ I’ll let you get some rest. I’ll see you tomorrow _____ah” You bowed slightly and wished him a good night before retreating back to you room. Sliding down your door you sat there hugging your knees against your chest. Lee Hyukjae, what will I do about you.

 

 

 


Valentine Special Update Next :) SUPER STOKED GUYS SUPER STOKED.