Dragged Back Home

Prom- ies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry I'm late" Kai approached you giving a bunch of flowers. "It's alright" you happily stated. For you it was worth the 20 minute wait as you are approached by Kai wearing a suit and tie and handing you a flowers. You can still wait for a whole year and it still would be worth it in the end. 

Kai sat you down and pushed your chair making you blush. Kai seemed very nervous but you found it very cute. "So who's idea was it to troll me?" you asked. "Chen.." Kai answered making you laugh. Of course it was the troll to think of a plan to troll you.    "But I was actually late so that's why the plan worked very well" Kai explained as you nodded. "We'll you manage to prepare a date that I will definitely remember forever" You joked as you both looked on the menu to order.    After ordering  you and Kai talk about your past but as usual no matter how many times he mentioned something about you and Kai in the past, you just couldn't help but not remember it. You really wanted to remember so you would make Kai describe about your past. You enjoyed listening to the crazy adventures that you and Kai got up to. "I was wondering what happen when I left?" you asked as you ate a bit of your meal. 

Kai stopped eating, he looked at you with a serious face. You notice it was a touchy issue for him as his smile turned into a sad frown. "I'm sorry did I say something wrong?" you asked getting worried. Kai tried to fake a smile but he just couldn't when thinking about that day, that sad sad day when you left for America five years ago. 

"That day when you left was a dark day for me, the two days before you left, I was planning on confessing to you, it was our first school dance for the two of us and you asked me to go with you as a date. At the dance I kissed you as we slow dance, we made the promise about going to each others prom and I confessed to you, I told you to meet me at the dance studio the next day because you were being dragged away from your mother who was at the dance, so I didn't get the chance to accept your feelings. The next day I was planning on asking you as my girlfriend but you didn't come, I waited hours at the dance studio in the hopes you will come but you didn't. It was then when I went home that night and found out that you have left Korea" Kai explained. 

You felt the pain in his voice, honestly you don't even know where you were on the time of your fathers death. You put your hand on his to show your comfort, "I'm sorry" you gently said. Kai just nodded, for him its the past now and he was more focused on the future... with you. 

"five years ago I didn't get to ask you the one question I've been wanting to ask you for years... but will you be my girlfriend?" Kai asked you sounding a bit nervous. He really didn't want to look you in the eye but since he was asking a question he has been longing to ask for many years he decided to act tough about it. You looked at him for a  few seconds with a blank expression, you just couldn't believe hes asking you to be his girlfriend. 

"How about language barriers, distance between us, your career, my mother!" you cried. Kai looked calm its like he already planned on what he was going to say, "Language barriers? You can speak Korean and I'll learn to speak English for you. Distance? We can do it easily, we can always meet up with each other and I will work hard to afford a plan ticket. My company still lets me date but I have to do it secretly, so we have to be careful and your mother? She has no say, she doesn't rule your life".

"Still, I don't know if we.." Kai cut you off asking you a deep question, "Do you like me, like you said yesterday?" Kai asked you. You just bowed you head an
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter