Love and Threats

The Color of Blood

Siwon picked Donghae up in the early morning hours.

Their father hadn't recognized that Donghae was missing this night, but Siwon, however, called Donghae quite early to ask for Hyukjae's address. Of course,

Siwon granted Donghae his time with Hyukjae and he was glad that his youngest brother was so deep in love, but nevertheless he didn't want to push their luck to the limit.

Siwon didn't know how his father would react, if he knew that one of their sons was in a relationship and – to be honest – he didn't want to find out.


When Donghae and Siwon stepped into their mansion's hall, Kyuhyun came down the stairs and lifted his eyebrows.
„Ah, the missing brother“, he stated casually and smirked. „Had a nice night?“

He went past Donghae and slapped his hand against Donghae's . A loud laughter filled the hall, when Donghae winced in pain and gasped.

Obviously“, Kyuhyun answered his own question and smirked, while he slowly walked towards the dining room.


„Kyuhyun, you're such an –“, Donghae started to yell, but Siwon interrupted him.

Guys, stop fighting“, he frowned and grabbed Donghae's arm to pull him towards the kitchen.

He threw an annoyed glance over his shoulder, directly hitting his twin.

'Don't say another word', Siwon's eyes stated wordlessly, before he turned around again.

 

Siwon hated those fights between his brothers. Sometimes, Siwon is quite sure that he is the only one who can cope with Kyuhyun's … 'special' personality, since both Donghae and Hangeng complained about his twin all the time.
They dislike Kyuhyun's brisk and narcistic behaviour and it was quite obvious that they refuse Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun, however, didn't seem to care about it.

He had always been a loner and – apart from Siwon – didn't talk much to anybody. He keeps himself separated from the family and mostly spent his time in his room. It was hard to motivate him to any activities – even for Siwon – but Siwon had rarely the feeling that his twin was unhappy. Kyuhyun seemed to enjoy the solitude and privacy, so it wasn't bad, was it?

 

Siwon sighted quietly and led Donghae into the kitchen.

You told him?!“, Donghae exclaimed and looked angered at Siwon, but his elder brother just pushed him towards the kitchen table. „Just sit down and have your breakfast, Donghae. You know Kyuhyun – he finds out anything.“

 

Sungmin, their servant, looked up from the kitchenet and smiled. „Good morning!“, he greeted and laid down the knife he was currently holding to slice some fruits.

Don't you want to eat in the dining room, Donghae?“, Sungmin asked surprised and cleaned his hands on a towel. He headed to the coffee maker and poured in a cup of coffee.

I don't care“, Donghae muttered and laid his head onto the table. He closed his eyes and sighted deeply, obviously having missed some sleep last night.

 

Siwon smiled softly and went up to Donghae, ruffling his dark hair.

Your lesson starts in thirty minutes“, he reminds Donghae winking and left the kitchen to search for Kyuhyun.

His brother sat alone in the dining room and read the newspaper – a morning ritual of Siwon's oh-so-mature twin.

Siwon sat down on the chair next to him and grabbed Kyuhyun's coffee cup.

He squinched up his face when he took a sip of the black coffee.

 

You know that I don't drink white coffee“, Kyuhyun stated without detaching his eyes from the newspaper. Siwon smirked and put the cup back to his brother.

I'm always amazed how creepy you are“, Siwon grinned and leaned back on his chair.

 

Silence filled the room for some seconds.

 

Have you talked to father yet?“, Siwon finally asked a little concerned. He frowned and kicked Kyuhyun's shinbone, when his brother didn't react.

Yah! Are you mad?!“, Kyuhyun exclaimed and lowered his newspaper. He leaned down and rubbed his hand over his hurting leg.

Siwon eyed him unimpressed and repeated his question. „Have you talked to father yet?“

 

A bugged out sight escaped Kyuhyun's full lips.

For what?“, he just asked and was about to take his newspaper again, but Siwon harshly grabbed it and threw it on the table board again.

For God's sake, stop being that ignorant!“, Siwon bursted out and stood up again, basing his palms on the table and eyeing his brother with wrathful eyes. „You're in ing deep trouble and you better apologize to father as soon as possible.“

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows in surprise and the rude comment, that built up on his tongue, stuck in his throat. It happened on rare occasions that Siwon – always restrained, calm and kind – bursted out like this.

Calm down, Siwon“, he mumbled quietly and took the last sip of his coffee. He stood up and flattened his clothes, before he looked at his brother again.

I won't apologize for anything I advocate“, Kyuhyun stated and took his crinkled newspaper.

With self-confident steps, Kyuhyun left the dining room before Siwon could even open his mouth again.

 

This stupid –“, Siwon mumbled and shook his head. As much as he loved his brother... Kyuhyun was sometimes too insentient and selfish...

In some moments, Siwon was even astonished about the fact that they weren't just normal brothers, but twins – they were as different as one can imagine...

Whereas Siwon was a very calm and inherently kind person, who enjoyed being around his family and the few friends he had, Kyuhyun rarely cared about his fellow men. He wasn't interested in anything but singing and computer games and – as stated before – enjoyed his privacy more than companionship.

 

Siwon accepted Kyuhyun just the way he was, but he couldn't understand Kyuhyun's position towards their family's business. Siwon – as well as Hangeng and Donghae – didn't approve his father's means, but nevertheless the Cho sons had some duties to exercise.

And if they didn't follow their father's requests, they would have to suffer …

 

When Siwon left the dining room and was about to go back to his room, his smartphone rang in his pants' pocket. He took it out and frowned, when he saw an unknown number on the screen.

He answered the phone and the familiar voice that reached his ear, made him nearly drop his phone.

Hi, this is Park Jungsoo.“

 

Hi!“, Siwon said smiling and went up the stairs. He locked his room's door behind himself and leaned his back against the wooden door. It was absurd, but he felt like school boy right now.

How are you?“, Jungsoo asked and Siwon could hear the smile in his voice.

He chuckled slightly. „I'm fine, thanks... Have you talked to your father?“, Siwon asked quietly and slowly headed to his bed.

He shifted his blankets aside and laid down on his mattress, facing the ceiling.

 

Yes, I have“, Jungsoo stated and Siwon heard some papers rustle in the background. „He prepared a contract and.... if you like you can start as soon as you want.“ A shy laughter sounded through Siwon's smartphone, followed by another rustling of papers.

Obviously, Jungsoo tried to abolish the huge packs of bills and documents, that piled up on his desk yesterday.

 

Give me fifteen minutes to get ready, than I can come over“, Siwon said chuckling and waited for Jungsoo's answer.

Some seconds of silence followed.

You're kidding, right?“, Jungsoo asked with obvious surprise in his pleasant voice.

Siwon laughed again and sat up on his bed. „No, I'm not“, he stated honestly and smiled. „You better show me what I'll have to do before you open the café... otherwise I couldn't prevent a big mess. And you told me that you need help as soon as possible, so: Here I am.“

 

Jungsoo laughed and Siwon heard a relieved sight.

You might be right“, Jungsoo answered and chuckled again. „Okay, than... I'd say we'll met in half an hour in front of the café?“, he suggested and Siwon agreed.

They hung up and a bright smile appeared on Siwon's face, before he quickly stood up to get ready for his first day of fixing Jungsoo's life again.

 

* * * * *

 

Sungmin was alone in the kitchen. Donghae had left for his private teaching lessons and Sungmin continued washing the dishes and tidying up the kitchen.

He hummed silently while he cleaned the plates in the sink and didn't recognize the silent tone, when the door clunk shut.

 

He jared silently and a plate slid out of his hands, when he suddenly felt two warm arms around his waist, pulling him close to a very familiar body in his back.

Kyuhyun!“, Sungmin exclaimed silently and grabbed a towel to dry his hands, while he turned around in his lover's arms and laughed.

 

Sorry“, Kyuhyun chuckled and leaned forward to place an apologetic kiss on Sungmin's forehead. „I didn't mean to scare you“, he mumbled and kissed the tip of Sungmin's nose.

Stop this, someone might come in“, Sungmin said and laughed slightly. He tried to push Kyuhyun away, but he was way stronger than Sungmin.

Noone's gonna come in now“, Kyuhyun mumbled indifferently and his lips continued their way down, now kissing Sungmin's perfect lips.

 

Mh..“
Sungmin moaned quietly against Kyuhyun's lips, when the younger man pulled him closer and pressed him slightly against the kitchenet in his back. A soft smile appeared on Kyuhyun's lips and his heart bet up to his throat – like every time he was with Sungmin.

He slowly broke the kiss and smirked, when Sungmin quietly gasped for breath.

Kyuhyun leaned down and over his lover's neck, gently biting the sensual skin, before he was pushed back again.

You really better stop..“

 

Kyuhyun raised his glance and chuckled as he saw the desperate expression on Sungmin's face. His cheeks were reddened and a slight glamour covered his eyes, while he looked at Kyuhyun.

This isn't funny...“, Sungmin muttered and punched Kyuhyun's stomach, before a slight smile appeared on his lips again.

Sorry“, Kyuhyun winked smiling and placed his hand on Sungmin's cheek. He leaned forward again and gave Sungmin another kiss. „I just wanted to say: I love you, Min“, he mumbled softly and smiled again, before he turned around and went to the kitchen door.

Right when he wanted to open it, the door swung up and Mr. Cho stepped in.

 

He raised his eyebrows slightly and smirked, when he recognized his son.

Ah, Kyuhyun.“, he mumbled arrogantly, blocking the door with his body. „Exactly the person I've been looking for.“

He threw a brief glance at Sungmin and raised his eyebrow again. „Don't you have some work to do?“, he asked quite unfriendly and waved his hand towards the second door that led from the kitchen into the dining room. „Go clear the table, Sungmin.“

 

Kyuhyun clenched his fists inconspiciously.

He hated his father's haughtiness, especially when he bossed Sungmin around. Needless to say, that Sungmin was an employee of the Cho family, but nevertheless he deserved to be treated with respect.

However, Kyuhyun kept silent and looked at his father.

 

What do you want?“, Kyuhyun asked cool and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Mr. Cho smirked a little and nodded down the hall.

We'll better talk in my office“, he said with no argument and headed to his room, slowly followed by Kyuhyun.

 

* * * * *

 

There had only been few times that Kyuhyun entered his father's office by choice.

He felt uncomfortable in the dark room with its huge shelves and the big oak desk in front of the long window. Kyuhyun loathed it. In this room were all documents about his father's appointments with all their bloody details and Kyuhyun knew all their contents. He sort of heard the people's painful screams and desperate appeals, begging his father not to hurt or murder them.

He shivered, nausea filling his throat.

 

Mr. Cho sat down behind his huge desk and raised an eyebrow, when Kyuhyun kept standing in front of him. Kyuhyun wordlessly refused to take a seat and crossed his fingers behind his back.

So, what do you want?“, Kyuhyun asked again and didn't hide his denial.

 

I got a new appointment“, Mr. Cho said staightforwardly and leaned back on his chair, piercingly eyeing his son.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders and smirked.

I'm happy for you?“, he asked ironically and put his hands into his pockets. He knew, that his attitude maddened his father, but exactly this was what he wanted.

 

You better are“, Mr. Cho growled and clenched his teeth in disgust.

'Cause this will be your task, Cho Kyuhyun.“ His father consciously placed emphasis on Kyuhyun's last name.

Hiding his discomfort behind a laughter, Kyuhyun glanced at his father.

It will not.“, he said casually and turned around to leave.

 

CHO KYUHYUN!“

Mr. Cho banged his fist on the table and made his son turn around again. His face was grimaced in anger and the vein on his temple started to pulse.

You will do this ing appointment, you understand?“, he asked with a dangerously low voice and gazed hauntingly at Kyuhyun.

And if I refuse?“, Kyuhyun asked and lifted one corner of his mouth in an disrespectful grin.

 

The expression on his father's face made Kyuhyun stumble. A crankered smirk appeared on Mr. Cho's face, before he sat down again and leaned his ellbows on the chair's armrests.

If you don't follow me, Kyuhyun, you will regret it.“ Mr. Cho's voice was suddenly very calm and controlled.

Kyuhyun frowned and glanced into his eyes.

Are you threatening me?“, Kyuhyun asked and clenched his fists in his pockets.

 

His father eyed him aghast.

Kyuhyun! I'd never threaten you!“, he said with faked frustration in his voice, discovered by the smirk that still laid on his mouth. Kyuhyun would love to punch it out of his face right now.

I only wanted you to know that someone might suffer because of you.“

You would never harm Hangeng, Donghae or Siwon either!“, Kyuhyun exclaimed, but the overbearing look in his father's eyes made Kyuhyun freeze.

A terrifying thought crossed his mind and Kyuhyun's legs started to shake.

 

'He knows...'

 

 

'Sungmin...'

 

- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - 

 

Wow... I'm sorry for this long chapter, but somehow I wasn't able to shorten it. I hope you liked it anyways!
GO WonTeuk!!! ;)