Whispers and Promises

The Color of Blood

Meanwhile, about three miles away from Mr. Park's café, two young men left the Dance Factory and dandered down the street. Both seemed a little exhausted, their sweaty clothes stick on their heated skin, but they smiled and talked with low voices. Their little fingers were entangled with each other, hidden between their slim bodies.

I'm starving...“, Donghae complained, lightly pulling at Hyukjae's finger, and made his boyfriend chuckle. „You're always starving...“, he muttered smirking and lifted his bag onto his shoulder again, as it was about to fall down. „I guess my mom is going to cook right now, so just hold on for about half an hour, okay?“

Donghae laughed quietly and ran his glance over the street. „I'll manage it.“, he replied smiling and eyed his boyfriend, making Hyukjae's heart skip a beat.

When they reached Hyukjae's house, the elder man rummaged about in his pants' pockets for his keys, finally pulling them out with a silent clangour. „We're home!“, he called out in the cool hall as he opened the entry door. He helt it open and winked at Donghae, hinting a slight bow.
You're such a crank!“, Donghae laughed and punched Hyukjae's shoulder, entering the hall and putting his sports bag next to the door.

Stop punching me!“, Hyukjae complained aghast and rubbed his shoulder. He raised his glance when he heard some quick scratching steps on the wooden floor.
Choco!“, Donghae exclaimed in delight and knelt down, spreading his arms for the little dog. Ignoring her actual daddy, Choco ran up to Donghae and wagged her tail in joy and excitement.

Ungrateful dog...“, Hyukjae muttered while he took out his shoes and placed his bag next to Donghae's. „Mom? You're home?“, he called out and went towards the kitchen. He smiled when he saw his mother standing in front of the stove, slowly stirring in their dinner. Hyukjae pecked her on the cheek, before he leaned down and took a smell at the food.

I brought Donghae along. He'll stay the night, okay?“, he asked his mother and turned his head, when Donghae entered the room at the same moment.
Hi, Mrs. Lee!“, Donghae said with a huge smile and hugged Hyukjae's mother, before he – just like his boyfriend before – sniffed at the almost ready dinner. „Wow, this smells delicious!“, he complimented Mrs. Lee and gave her another adorable smile.

Hyukjae smirked when a slight blush appeared on his mother's cheeks. She started to laugh and gently ruffled Donghae's dark hair. „You're such a charmer!“, she exclaimed chuckling and took out four plates, filling each with a large dish of food.

Hyukkie, would you call your father? He's in his office“, she asked her son and smiled, putting the plates onto the kitchen table. „Donghae, please take a seat, you don't have to stand around here!“, she added quickly and pushed her „son-in-law“ towards the table. Donghae laughed and sat down on one of the four chairs, hungrily eying the delicious food in front of him.

He loved being at Hyukjae's house. He had been here for several times during the last weeks – mostly before or after he went to the dance studio – and he enjoyed every single minute. Mr. and Mrs. Lee were the perfect parents: they were heedful and caring towards their son, positive and humorous and always had a sympathetic ear for anyone. They loved and accepted Hyukjae as he is – unconditional and boundless.

Before Donghae met them for the first time, he was a little afraid of being rejected by them, even if Hyukjae asserted a hundred times, that they absolutely accept his ual orientation and that they will immediately fall in love with him, too – just like Hyukjae himself did before. Donghae had frowned at these words and waved aside.

He wasn't used to have any social contacts apart from his father's employees and their children, so he was always very insecure when he had to meet new people.
But, however, his boyfriend was right: Hyuk's parents welcomed him with open arms and immediately accepted him into their family.

After they had dinner together and chatted a little, Hyukjae cleared the table and gently grabbed Donghae's hand. „We're upstairs“, he said smiling to his parents and kissed both of them on the cheeks, wishing them good night. The two men took their sports bags along and went up to Hyukjae's room.

So, you're first night at my house, huh?“, Hyuk mumbled smirking and threw his bag carelessly under his desk, after he shut the door behind him. He stepped up to Donghae and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist.

Stop smirking!“, Donghae complained disgusted but he couldn't help but to grin. He got up on his tiptoes and placed a gentle kiss on Hyukjae's lips.
Why? I'm quite happy about this...“, Hyuk mumbled against Donghae's lips, slowly slipping his hands underneath the pretty man's sweatshirt. He gently bit Donghae's lower lip and a little on it, before he slowly started to kiss a line from Donghae's lips to his ear.

A shiver ran through Donghae's entire body, while Hyukjae's hands slowly caressed the plain skin on his back. „What're you doing?“, Donghae asked unnecessarily and smiled, craning his neck a little more as he felt Hyukjae's soft lips nibbling on his skin. He lifted his arms and wrapped them around Hyukjae's neck, pulling his lover as close as possible.

Hyukjae didn't answer Donghae's question and a silent chuckling pearled from their lips, when they slowly made their way towards Hyukjae's large bed.