Plans and Seconds

The Color of Blood

I'm sorry sorry sorry sorry for my (really) late update on this story. I was stuck and I didn't know what to write, somehow I entangled myself in all those different happenings and couldn't find a place and time to continue haha. But here it is, quite short and not THAT thrilling, but the main thing is that I continued, right? Have fun and again: I'm really sorry:)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

 

"Where have you been?”

Siwon bundle of keys fell rattling down on the hall's flagging, when the sudden voice made his whole body wince. The loud clangor echoed in the long corridor and exactly this was what Siwon had tried hard to avoid: Making any noise so that his father or anyone else noticed his long absence over night.

To Siwon's huge relief, it was only Kyuhyun who stood on the other end of the hall, a steaming cup of tea in his hands and still dressed in his pajamas. He looked tired as if he didn't sleep much this night and his face was firm and serious.
Siwon let out a deep breath and pressed his right hand against his left chest, before he bent down to grab his keys from the ground. “Why are you awake?”

That didn't answer my question.”

Kyuhyun pushed himself off of the kitchen's door frame and went with slow steps towards his twin brother. His bare feet stuck a little on the cold floor and he hurried to reach the soft carpet to escape the unpleasant cold. He crossed his arms in front of his chest which was a little complicated without spilling his hot tea.

With a silent thud, Siwon's shoes landed underneath the hall's wardrobe and he went up to Kyuhyun to steal the tea cup out of his hands. He took a careful sip from the hot drink and warmed up his shivering hands on the hot porcelain. “I was out”, Siwon mumbled silently and frowned a little, when Kyuhyun didn't attempt to burst out due to his missing tea cup. Kyuhyun wasn't an egoistic person – though it often appears so – but usually Kyuhyun would at least mutter a little when someone took away his things without asking.
But now, Kyuhyun stood motionlessly in the hall, his glance focused on an unknown point in a far distance.

"Are you okay...?"

Sure...”
A thin shadow of sadness was rushing over Kyuhyun's face but it disappeared so fast that Siwon wasn't sure if it had been actually there. Kyuhyun's glance went back in the presence and he looked briefly into his brother's eyes, before he cleared his throat and pointed at the stairs. “Maybe you should catch some sleep.”, Kyuhyun said casually and was about to turn around again, when the silent ringing of his smartphone filled up the hall.

Siwon frowned again. “Who is calling you at 6.20 am?”, he asked confused, but Kyuhyun had already reached the kitchen and shut the door behind his back.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

I'm not interested in long talks, Mr. Kim.”
Kyuhyun didn't pay much attention to the hasty answer Mr. Kim was giving him. He went towards the kitchenette again and grabbed a clean cup from the highest shelf, this time filling it with coffee and not with tea. He wouldn't get any sleep this night anyway, so he had to help his mind to stay awake.
The coffee maker was sending loud noises and rattlings through the empty kitchen.

I said I'm NOT interested in long talks, Mr. Kim.”, Kyuhyun interrupted the man's flow of words when he was shortly before losing his temper after too many seconds and too many senseless excuses. “I need the documents this afternoon. Not tomorrow morning, not in two days.”

After pouring some coffee into his cup, Kyuhyun turned around and leaned his against the countertop. “You will put the sound documents into my lockbox at exactly 4pm today, at least if you still want to keep your sweet affair with that in the strip club secret from your family. I'm sure you wife isn't amused about it and, oh, just imagine she will leave you and take the children with her? We don't want that, Mr. Kim, do we?”

The man on the other side of the phone started to stutter and asserted that he will finish the documents right away. He pleaded that Kyuhyun wouldn't tell his wife about that 'accident', and Kyuhyun hated himself for causing such an immense fear to this man.
'You are a Cho, this is your nature', whispered a silent voice inside Kyuhyun, but he quickly shook his head to get rid of these thoughts.
If you tell my father a single word about our conversation and my order, you wife will hear about it.”, Kyuhyun said seriously before he hung up the phone without any further goodbye.

Mr. Cho would be proud of his son if he heard about Kyuhyun's way to get what he wanted. Threatening and causing fear was exactly how Mr. Cho reached his aims and lead his business and though Kyuhyun loathed this way, he didn't have another choice.
Mr. Kim was an employee of the Cho business and responsible for faking the employees' documents and papers. He was an expert in this field and handled it always with perfection to the detail. No one would ever notice that the documents weren't real.

Pushing himself off of the kitchenette, Kyuhyun knocked back his coffee and put the empty cup into the sink. If anything worked, Kyuhyun would be able to bring Sungmin out of town in less than one week; at least if Mr. Kim finished the documents today and Kyuhyun was able to go on with his plans.

Tomorrow was the next meeting between Mr. Cho and Mr. Park, and Kyuhyun knew that the situation was quite precarious these days. Mr. Cho's mistrust was boundless and after the last two incidents, he would be even more careful than he usually was – which means, that Mr. Park and his son shouldn't afford another negative happening during their meetings.

They will have to pay their installments in time and completely or Mr. Cho would be at the end of his tether.

Kyuhyun left the kitchen and went back into his bedroom, where he silently crawled underneath the soft blankets and nestled up against Sungmin's warm body.
Frankly, he didn't care what Mr. Park and his son were doing and if they pay their installments – as long as Sungmin was out of town, when Mr. Cho's anger was rising again.