Dreams and Fortune

The Color of Blood

The meeting had been quite unpleasing for Siwon. After Kyuhyun left the room, Mr. Cho was still in unlimited anger and it was obviously hard for him to not lose his temper again.
When he continued talking about the Park-task, he was even more malicious and cruel than before and he didn't leave out a single chance to complain about his disrespectful son.

Siwon didn't know what he should do with Kyuhyun. His brother was in big trouble now and Siwon actually didn't want to know what his father was about to do next.
When Siwon and Kyuhyun turned 21 last week – the age in which traditionally all male Chos start to work for the business –, Kyuhyun told his father that he wasn't going to work for him. He refused taking part in their tasks and made clear what he thought about his father's business.

It was a shock for both Mr. Cho and Kyuhyun's three brothers. They didn't approve the Cho business, too, but no one of them ever thought about refusing his father.

Hangeng, for example, was now 24 years old and consequently the first one who started to participate in their family's business. In the last three years, he accomplished a lot of tasks: Extortions, tortures, injuries, murders – and with every successful task, he increased his father's proud. It was sure that he will take their business over some day.

There had been a huge fight between Mr. Cho and Kyuhyun and later also between Siwon and Kyuhyun. It was the first time that the twin brothers had a serious conflict and both of them didn't know how to cope with this situation.
After they calmed down and slept on it, they never talked about this topic again – at least not too serious. Fighting with your twin is even more worse than fighting with your 'regular' brother.

Siwon took a deep breath and entered the kitchen. He grabbed a Coke and opened it, before he took a great mouthful right from the bottle, enjoying the sweet and ice-cold liquid in his dry throat.
He wasn't sure how far he personally would go for his father's business. He was afraid of hurting one of their clients, not to even think about killing someone, but when his father wants him to...

Wouldn't he refuse just like Kyuhyun?

What are you thinking about?“
Siwon winced at the sudden voice in his back. He turned his head and smiled immediately, when he saw a sleepy Donghae in the door frame. The younger one rubbed his eye with one of his slim hands and got up to his brother, taking the Coke off of his hands.

Just about my stupid twin“, Siwon mumbled with a light smile and leaned his back against the kitchenette. Donghae looked up. „Because of last the meeting?“

Siwon nodded slightly and lowered his glance onto the floor. „I don't appreciate father's means, too, but... Kyuhyun should better stop making him angry...“ Calmingly, he lifted his hands. „He's not in that bad trouble... Father would never harm Kyuhyun“, he added to calm their younger brother and placed his hands on the kitchenette again. 'At least I hope so...'

Donghae turned the bottle of Coke in his hands and began to scratch on it's label.
The Park-thing, dad was talking about...“, Donghae started and frowned. „Does he always act like this when someone didn't pay his installment? … I didn't think that it was necessary to be that... cruel“ He lifted his glance and looked to his brother. Right now, Siwon recognized the young boy Donghae still was, even if he's about to turn 17 in some weeks.

Of course did Donghae know, that his father – by the way, he was the only Cho-son who ever called Mr. Cho 'Dad' – is able to harm people. He knew about his business and he knew about his father's extortions and murders, but … this time, he couldn't understand his father's anger. It was just an installment – above all, a very low one...

Siwon shrugged his shoulders and sighted. „It was a very... needless task, yes“, he mumbled in agreement and looked at his brother again. „They couldn't pay their installment, but... honestly, we aren't in need of their money, are we? He didn't need to injure Mr. Park that bad... But maybe it was just a blindfold action of our father.“

He looked at Donghae and smiled slightly, when he saw his concerned face.
Don't worry, our father isn't cruel to the core“, Siwon mumbled and got up to him, softly ruffling his dark hair. Donghae laughed slightly and slapped Siwon's hand away. Some seconds passed, before Donghae took a deep breath and smiled. „I'm sure everything is going to be alright again.“ His optimism was unbeatable.

Siwon had no other choice but to lean down and place a soft kiss on Donghae's hair. Sometimes, he was glad that Donghae was only 16 yet. He absolutely couldn't imagine his youngest brother working for the Cho business. To Siwon, Donghae was the kindest and most loveable person on earth. He always was optimistic and had an honest smile on his pretty face... Donghae would never be able to hurt someone.

Siwon sat down next to Donghae and placed his hands on the table, scratching slight on the wood grain.
Did you ever think about working for our father?“, he asked quietly and glanced at Donghae. His opposite was obviously surprised about the sudden question. Some seconds passed, before Donghae slightly shrugged his shoulders and looked into Siwon's dark eyes. „Not directly...“, he mumbled silently and shrugged his shoulders again. „I don't have a choice, do I?“

The sad expression on his brother's face made Siwon's heart ache.
What would you do if you HAVE a choice?“, he avoided to answer Donghae's question and smiled. By the fraction of a second, Donghae's face lighted up again

I would love to become a professional dancer“, Donghae admitted smiling and sat up straight on his chair. „You know, I'm really good! I mean... REALLY good!“, he explained emphatically and looked at Siwon. His whole body was filled with adrenalin. „When I'm allowed to go to the dance studio, I feel like - “ He wringed his hands, not finding the right impression. „I feel like flourishing!“, he finished his sentence and started to laugh.

Siwon chuckled slightly.
What about driving to the dance studio tomorrow?“, he asked and succeeded in surprising his brother again.

Together?“, Donghae asked baffled and leaned back on his chair. The smile that appeared on his face was as bright as possible.

AWESOME!“, he suddenly exclaimed in delight and leaped to his feet. Stormily, he flinged his arms around Siwon's neck and rapidly kissed his cheek a thousand times. None of his brothers had ever accompanied him when he was going to the dance studio.

Siwon laughed and wrapped his arms around his brother's waist.
Let's go to bed now..“, Siwon finally said with a soft smile and simply lifted his younger brother up, throwing him over his left shoulder. „Siwon!“, Donghae exclaimed laughing and hit his brother's back, struggling his legs as a five-year-old child.

No, Siwon could definitely not imagine Donghae working for his father.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

After Siwon dumped Donghae in his bed – it was already 3 a.m. –, he entered his own room and started his laptop. He wasn't able to stop thinking about Mr. Park and his son. Especially because of a certain sentence, his father said in the meeting.
'I hope Mr. Park is able to work... Otherwise it'll be hard for him to pay the installment next week.'

He opened a search machine on his internet browser and tried to find the address of Mr. Park's café in Seoul. He swore tonelessly when he saw the number of hits the search machine had found: 37.000. 'Can't they have a less popular surname?!', he thought frowning and began to click through the first three or four pages the search machine offered him.

In a helpless try, he clicked on the 'picture'-section and scrolled wearily down. 'It must be way to small to find it via internet...', he thought with a deep sight and was about to close his browser, when he suddenly recognized Mr. Park and Jungsoo on one of the lower pictures. They were standing in front of a pretty café with huge windows and some kind of old-fashioned furniture.

Siwon quickly opened the picture and was lead to an article of a district-newspaper which reported about the newly opened café in their quarter of Seoul. „Got it“, he mumbled quietly and smiled, as he skimmed the article and took out his smartphone. He saved the mentioned address in his phone's notebook.

When he focused his laptop again, he directly glanced at the photo above the article.
The Park Jungsoo he saw on his screen was the accurate opposite of the Park Jungsoo he met some nights ago.
He was smiling brightly into the camera, having his left arm wrapped around his father's shoulders. He wore a perfectly white shirt, the upper buttons opened, and some elegant black pants – representing the perfect barista.

Siwon glanced at his father and again he was amazed by their huge resemblance. When Mr. Park wasn't stressed and anxious, his face was very open and good-natured. He wore the same clothes as his son and hold a flyer of his new café into the camera.

Siwon smiled sadly and sighted, wishing to be able to turn back time. This family didn't deserve being frightened and injured.
He closed his laptop and went to bed.

He would make it up to them...

He would definitely make it up to them!