Lies and Concern

The Color of Blood

So?“

 

Kyuhyun quickly got his eyes off Jungsoo, when the smirking voice of his father cut through the charged silence.

His heart started to race and his throat became dry...

It wasn't enough money.

At least ten 50-dollar-banknotes were missing and Kyuhyun had only controlled one bunch of money – if the others have only 90 banknotes, too, it would be an even greater difference.

'Maybe there are some bunches with more banknotes', rushed through his head. 'Some have 90, some 100, some 110... at least the final amount is right.'

He knew, that he was lying to himself, but could he betray Jungsoo and his father?

 

Demonstratically slowly, Kyuhyun put the money back into the black suitcase and closed the locks.

He straightened himself up again and lifted the suitcase with his left hand.

He had no choice. He needed to tell his father the truth!

 

It's enough.“

Kyuhyun didn't know, why his mouth formed these words – his heartbeat drone in his head and cold sweat ran down his nape.

 

The smirk on Mr. Cho's lips increased, when he heard his son's answer. With a slight nod, Mr. Cho turned around to Mr. Park again.

It was a pleasure to make a deal with you, Mr. Park!“, he said excessively friendly and stretched out his hand, but Mr. Park ignored it. „Come on, Jungsoo...“, he said a little tired and turned around. Limping and slow, he made his way down the street again.

With a last glance at Kyuhyun, Jungsoo turned around and followed his father.

 

* * * * *

 

Was it enough?“

As soon as Mr. Cho had left the hall and closed the door of his home office behind himself, Siwon grabbed Kyuhyun and turned his brother around. He looked him straightly in the eyes and squeezed his arm painfully.
„Siwon, calm down“, Kyuhyun mumbled with a raised eyebrow and tried to part his arm and Siwon's hand, but his brother was too strong.


„Was it enough?!“, Siwon repeated sibilantly and threw a brief glance at Mr. Cho's office door.

 

Kyuhyun followed his glance and nodded towards the stairs. „Let's go upstairs“, he mumbled silently and finally succeeded in freeing his arm. Without waiting for Siwon's answer, he stepped up the stairs and headed to his own bedroom.

When Siwon shut the door and Kyuhyun was sure that Mr. Cho wouldn't listen, he turned around to his twin and sighted deeply.

 

It was too little“, he mumbled silently and looked into Siwon's eyes. The expression on his brother's face made clear that Siwon had already expected this answer.

How much?“, Siwon mumbled and ran his hand over his slim face. He went up to Kyuhyun's bed and sat down on the soft mattress.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders.

 

I don't know“, he said honestly and leaned his back against his wandrobe. „I have only counted one bunch and there had been ten banknotes missing... But maybe he had just miscounted and another bunch has 110 banknotes...“ Kyuhyun eyed his brother and sighted again. „Okay, possibly he knows pretty well that it is too little...“

 

Siwon nodded and based his ellbows on his knees, hiding his face in his large hands. He kept silent for some seconds, before he raised his head again and looked straightly at Kyuhyun.

You know that you're in quite big trouble now, right?“, he mumbled and his face showed pure concern. „He will notice the missing money and he will make you responsible for this...“

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest. „I could not count every single bundle. If there are some correct bunches in it, I will claim that I had counted one of these.“

He will know“, Siwon insisted silently and got to his feet again.

He thought about Jungsoo and bit his lip.

 

Of course he was concerned about Kyuhyun, but even more he thought about Mr. Park and his son right now. Kyuhyun was still Mr. Cho's son, so his punishment would hopefully be not that hard, but Jungsoo and his father... Siwon didn't know how much time he had until Mr. Cho noticed the missing money...

 

Taking another deep breath, Siwon stepped up to Kyuhyun and placed a soft kiss on his brother's forehead. „Just go to sleep now“, he mumbled and smiled a little about Kyuhyun's disgusted face. Kyuhyun hated physical contact, but Siwon couldn't help it – he needed to show his brother his support and he knew that deep inside his heart Kyuhyun enjoyed those little signs of brotherly love.

 

Good night, Siwon“, Kyuhyun answered silently and eyed him one last time, before he entered his bathroom and Siwon went up to his own room.

 

* * * * *

 

Jungsoo didn't sleep this night.

When he and his father arrived at their café – their apartment was one floor above it –, he wished his father a good night and went up to his room immediately. He didn't want to talk to him right now. Mr. Park didn't know, that there had been money missing in the suitcase for Mr. Cho.

 

When Jungsoo prepared the suitcase for today's meeting, he made sure that his father believed that he had enough money. Jungsoo didn't want to burden Mr. Park with their money-problems, since he hadn't completely recovered from the last … incidents yet.

 

Jungsoo was pretty sure that Mr. Cho's assistant, the guy who took the suitcase and counted the money, knew that it was too little. Jungsoo's heart had skipped a beat, when Mr. Cho ordered this guy to control the money and the first thing that came to Jungsoo's mind was: 'We're dead'.

 

But the guy didn't reveal him. He lied, even if the expression in his eyes told Jungsoo that he knew the truth. He had been pretty young – about in Jungsoo's age – and he didn't seem to feel comfortable in his position.

While his father and Mr. Cho had talked, Jungsoo had observed the young man and Jungsoo had been surprised about the hateful glances that the guy threw towards Mr. Cho.

 

However, Jungsoo and his father had to be careful now.

Jungsoo couldn't assess the situation:

On the one hand, Mr. Cho couldn't bank the money, since the financial office would notice his huge amount of money, but on the other hand Jungsoo couldn't imagine that he didn't check the money. If Mr. Cho counted it, he would notice that 1000 Dollars were missing... And this would be Mr. Park's and Jungsoo's ruin.

 

When the clock on Jungsoo's nightstand displayed 5.30 a.m., Jungsoo got up from his bed and entered the bathroom to take a shower. It was actually way too early – his alarm clock usually rang at 7.00 a.m. – but since he wasn't able to sleep anyway, he decided to start working yet.

His father wasn't able to work properly, so Jungsoo had to manage the café on his own and he needed every second he could get.

 

Jungsoo was quite pleased that he had Yesung as a support and that Siwon started working for him – he would be flat on his back without those two young men.

Jungsoo smiled a little when he had to think about Siwon. He had rarely met a guy that kind and handsome. Siwon really seemed like the perfect man: friendly, helpful, courteous, committed, good-looking, …

The typical dimple appeared on Jungsoo's left cheek, when he took out his clothes and stepped underneath the shower.

 

About an hour later, Jungsoo unlocked the café's frontdoor and entered the empty room. He locked the door again and cast a glance over his café, immediately smiling a little.

Jungsoo couldn't deny that he was proud of it – this was definitely his and his father's biggest dream and even if they had problems with Mr. Cho, Jungsoo didn't regret their decision.

 

He headed to the bar and started to tidy up a bit, arranging the classes and cups, cleaning the floor and the tables, preparing the first breakfasts. He started to hum a random melody that came to his mind.

 

A silent knocking on the door caught his attention.

We're closed!“, he called out while he raised his glance and he couldn't help but to be surprised, when he suddenly saw Siwon standing in front of the door. Jungsoo frowned a little and threw a brief glance at the clock. Firstly, it was way too early to start working and secondly, he was pretty sure that Siwon had a day off today.

 

Cleaning his hands on a towel, Jungsoo stepped up to the door and unlocked it with its key. „What are you doing here?“, Jungsoo asked suprised and opened the door to let the younger man in. Siwon smiled gently and raised his hand in which he was carrying a bag with breakfast. „I thought you're hungry“, he replied winking and placed the bag on café's bar.

 

Erhm... yes...“, Jungsoo mumbled a little confused and locked the door again. „But I thought you don't work today.“

Siwon laughed about Jungsoo's face. He winked and began to unpack the bag. „I didn't know what you like, so I brought as much as possible“, he admitted with another smile and threw a glance over his shoulder. „Come on.“

 

Jungsoo shook his head and chuckled slightly. He simply wasn't able to figure Siwon out.

The elder man took a seat on one of the bar stools and eyed hungrily the huge breakfast that Siwon brought. „This is enough for a ten full-grown men!“, he commented laughing and stood up again to make some coffee for both himself and Siwon.

„Cappuccino?“, Jungsoo asked winking and switched on the professional machine, waiting for it to heat up. Siwon smirked. „Ah, you kept it in mind“, he stated and sat down on another bar stool. As unremarkable as possible, he tried to observe Jungsoo.

He looked a little tired – the circles under his eyes were deep and dark and his face seemed a little pale.

 

Siwon himself didn't have a good night, too. His throughts switched between Kyuhyun and Jungsoo and he envisioned every possible opportunity when his father noticed the missing money.

He knew that he didn't have to go to work today, but since his worries didn't want to disappear, he decided to buy some breakfast in his favourite shop and look after Jungsoo.

 

You're a little mystery, Siwon.“
Jungsoo laughed and placed two cups of cappuccino on the bar, before he went around it and sat down on the bar stool again. He looked at the younger man and shrugged his shoulders, again followed by another laugh.

Why?“, Siwon asked chuckling and took a sip of his coffee, before he grabbed some food and started to eat.

 

You're working here for a grotty pay, you do overtime every day, you even bring me breakfast“, Jungsoo started to list and raised his eyebrows, showing his left dimple while he was smiling. „I thought you're just a normal student, but apparently you never spend a single minute at university“, he kidded and chuckled again.

 

Siwon smirked and shrugged his shoulders. „We don't have many lectures“, he lied silently and looked at Jungsoo. „But is being a mystery good or bad?“, he tried to change the topic and winked.

Jungsoo thought a moment about it and grinned. „I don't know yet“, he answered smirking and took a sip of his cappuccino, eyeing Siwon over the border of his cup. Jungsoo snorted silently, when he saw Siwon's indignant face.

 

It was a joke!“, Jungsoo affirmed quickly and tried to hide another laughter. „Of course it's good!“

Pah“, Siwon muttered with faked anger in his voice and crossed his arms in front of his broad chest.

Jungsoo stretched out his hand and briefly over Siwon's left arm. „I'm sorry“, he said half serious, half chuckling and looked at his opposite. „Can I recoup it?“

 

Siwon raised his left eyebrow and looked Jungsoo over. He thought a moment about it, before a slight smile appeared on his lips. „I think you can“, he answered while straightening up on his chair again. „We could have dinner together.“


For the second time on this day, Siwon succeeded in surprising Jungsoo. The elder man looked at Siwon, before he lowered his glance and a shy smile appeared on his face.

Wow, I didn't expect THIS“, he answered honestly and took a sip of his cappuccino again.

Siwon smirked and tilted his head a little. „And?“, he asked innocently and smiled again.

 

Are you asking me for a date?“, Jungsoo asked laughing and the slight blush that appeared on his cheeks made him enormously cute in this moment. Siwon looked at him and he couldn't deny his fascination about the other man.
„Only if you want“, he answered smiling and eyed him attentively to find any indication for denial or reluctance in his face. But Jungsoo's answer destroyed all his worries.

 

I'd really like to have dinner with you“, the elder man finally mumbled and made Siwon's heart skip a beat (or two...).

 

- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - 

 

It's already late, so I'll correct my spelling mistakes tomorrow ;)

 

I would really appreciate a short comment or even a subscription, if you like my story :)